The amazing community of CAG

virtuouswing

CAGiversary!
What are some of your observations about this site? I get as much enjoyment out of the culture as I do getting advice on cheap deals.

Two things that consistently make me chuckle...

1) The abuse of the term "lurker"...ok, someone please define that for me and also describe why the person using the term isn't 'technically' a lurker? Is it just because he/she has a "free" account with the site? Only seems to be used by the people who missed the free code.

2) This s/b #1...I have a free code for a Banana avatar, the post with the best monkey story wins. Also, post a pic of you scratching your head and making monkey sounds while you write it for me.
...begging ensues...

I love the site and all of you, I'm not looking to get flamed, just want to read other observations.:)

reading other observations is fine, but this is the section for VIDEO GAME DEALS. There's a bunch of other forum sections that you can chuckle and read all you want. But you WILL be flamed, because you put this cheesy post on the wrong section. better luck next time.

[quote name='virtuouswing']What are some of your observations about this site? I get as much enjoyment out of the culture as I do getting advice on cheap deals.

Two things that consistently make me chuckle...

1) The abuse of the term "lurker"...ok, someone please define that for me and also describe why the person using the term isn't 'technically' a lurker? Is it just because he/she has a "free" account with the site? Only seems to be used by the people who missed the free code.

2) This s/b #1...I have a free code for a Banana avatar, the post with the best monkey story wins. Also, post a pic of you scratching your head and making monkey sounds while you write it for me.
...begging ensues...

I love the site and all of you, I'm not looking to get flamed, just want to read other observations.:)[/QUOTE]

3) People who have no clue how to read and end up making a stupid post in the wrong forum in violation of the rules.

This community blows. Exhibit 1: People flaming you even though you were complimenting all of them.

Get ready for the always hilarious joke of "in for 15!" *edit* Oops, they already said it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This community blows. Exhibit 1: People flaming you even though you were complimenting all of them.

Get ready for the always hilarious joke of "in for 15!" *edit* Oops, they already said it.[/QUOTE]

Surprised no one has said "Shipping kills this deal" yet though...

[quote name='mac101010']My observation: some people don't know how to read.[/QUOTE]This is my pick for best (or worst) asshole reply so far. You're good at life.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This community blows. Exhibit 1: People flaming you even though you were complimenting all of them.

Get ready for the always hilarious joke of "in for 15!" *edit* Oops, they already said it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

monkey_typing.jpg

PM me with the Nanavatar and nobody gets hurt.

For some reason I expected a virus when coming to this thread. For some other reason I actually opened the thread. I am not sure yet if the virus would have been better or worse.

Has anyone else noticed how CAG has been sporadically down alot throughout the day the past couple weeks? Is that just me or is it actually the site? Figured I would ask here since there isn't any actual deal in here ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Has anyone else noticed how CAG has been sporadically down alot throughout the day the past couple weeks? Is that just me or is it actually the site? Figured I would ask here since there isn't any actual deal in here ;)[/QUOTE]

The site has been undergoing some maintenance.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']This is my pick for best (or worst) asshole reply so far. You're good at life.[/QUOTE]

My observation: people take things too seriously.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']For some reason I expected a virus when coming to this thread. For some other reason I actually opened the thread. I am not sure yet if the virus would have been better or worse.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was thinking the same thing!!! :rofl:

My prob is that this deal runs on AA batteries. COME ON! If it's not rechargeable, I say you should pass...

Deals dead, but I called and complained to Kmart and got 30 usd... A tad on the light side I guess, but free money is free money =D

What I think about CAG?

1) Everyone wants to save money - i.e. - distribute ones assets to more obtain better incentives - opportunity costs
2) I always thought lurkers were great units to get within the first 10 minutes of starcraft - great for defense and attack against terrans and protoss.
3) Always a strategic advantage to get as much info about anything your interested in.

As always good luck, Garrison01

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Threads like these are proof that gamers have no sense of humor.[/QUOTE]
Meh the poster wanted to see the monkeys dance and got the desired result. I am disappointed someone didn't work in a monkey buisness joke joke with all the cheesy puns tho. :booty:

[quote name='admiralvic']Deals dead, but I called and complained to Kmart and got 30 usd... A tad on the light side I guess, but free money is free money =D[/QUOTE]

oh my god NEVER CALL!

Some rules to live by:

If you miss out on a deal everyone who got in on the deal is el hoardo.

price mistakes must be exploited to the max. If a store doesn't want to sell you the games at the wrong price, get pissed at the store, as if they're the ones being assholes. Double the rage if they don't offer a gift card for trying to rip them off.

Find threads about free stuff on here, acquire said free stuff and then try and re-sell or trade it on this site.

OK, I'm sure this will confuse the hell out of everyone just coming in to read it, but I'm moving this to the appropriate forum ;).

[quote name='sageridder']Meh the poster wanted to see the monkeys dance and got the desired result. I am disappointed someone didn't work in a monkey buisness joke joke with all the cheesy puns tho. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Well, aren't you "Mr. Sunshine"? I can copy and paste your entire drab observation to life in general. I.e. you're running in a hamster wheel and your life, like all our lives, has no real purpose.

Don't over-brain the motive, and just enjoy the dang ride! ;) I, for one, have lol'ed more at the comments in this thread than I have at most crap TV sitcoms! :lol: Besides, don't you see the inherent beauty and comedy in seeing a $$-saving site react in an anally predictable manner??? :shock:

[quote name='Magikarp830']Well, aren't you "Mr. Sunshine"? I can copy and paste your entire drab observation to life in general. I.e. you're running in a hamster wheel and your life, like all our lives, has no real purpose.

Don't over-brain the motive, and just enjoy the dang ride! ;) I, for one, have lol'ed more at the comments in this thread than I have at most crap TV sitcoms! :lol: Besides, don't you see the inherent beauty and comedy in seeing a $$-saving site react in an anally predictable manner??? :shock:[/QUOTE]
I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

This picture totally got to me:
coO8v.gif

bread's done
Back