"The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson Wrestling Thread

[quote name='StarKnightX']Some impact thoughts , the opening tag match was decent. Why do any tag teams bother with the one guy hold him while the other takes a belt shot , since its one of the most obvious misfire moves. Jay Lethal taking that flip onto the ladder looked painful. How long has hernandez had that awful looking mustache?

Why did Petey and Eric call themselves the maple leaf muscle instead of just calling themselves Team Canada? I guess it was because of the stip from years ago about Team Canada never teaming up again. Consistency is nice but considering that it was still technically Team Canada anyway it seemed kinda redundant. Also , the "Off the wagon" stip brings back bad memories of the 24/7 hardcore title.

As for the main event , whenever someone talks about wrestling being a soap opera for men , that had to be the greatest (worst?) example of that. It was just so bizarre and pointless and overdramatic.[/quote]

well you accurately described everything... id explain it better but the best i can come up with is... its TNA.

nice to see williams, roode, and young all in peteys last match. sad to see one of the better guys go but shit happens and they gotta keep giving steiner his juice money.

[quote name='diddy310']Best part of Impact? Nash and Steiner's gold trimmed MEM jogging suits[/quote]

no doubt

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Damn, Alzheimers. That sucks.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. And this is going to create all kinds of weirdness and undeserved comparisons to the Chris Benoit situation.

Considering that Vern has Alzheimers but is still a reasonably strong, former professional athlete who's trained in the art of old-school shooting, he likely never should have been left alone with anyone.

He made some bad business mistakes at the end of his career, but I still consider him to be one of the five best minds the business has ever seen, and likely the best trainer in wrestling history as well.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Indeed. And this is going to create all kinds of weirdness and undeserved comparisons to the Chris Benoit situation.
[/quote]

The frustrating part of that comparison is that it's really undeserved, IME. I don't think chairshots and diving headbutts were a big part of the AWA.

[quote name='jeromine']Wrestling is my favorite show which i love it..... my favorite heroes in that are rey mysterio, john cena, batista, steve austin damn they are hot and very good players....[/QUOTE]

win?

Two stars. Had a lot of potential but not very well executed. The 'star music' part was especially annoying. There's a reason why stars only last 10 seconds. Because that music is grating.

Pick a more action-packed WWE sequence that allows for more comical sound effects and maybe you'll have something.

Ring of Honor is world renowned for its unique brand of authentic professional wrestling featuring the best in-ring competition in the sport. Now, for the first time, fans can experience the hard hitting action on television as ROH World Champion Nigel McGuiness, Bryan Danielson, Necro Butcher, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, Jerry Lynn, and the Briscoe Brothers bring ROH’s unique brand of professional wrestling to HDNet. Experience the excitement and athleticism of Ring of Honor professional wrestling every Saturday Night at 8PM and 11PM EST starting on March 21 only on HDNet.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Is it me, or does it seem like everyone involved with the creative decisions at WWE have completely lost touch with Wrestling?[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem is that most of them never were in touch with wrestling.

The Guns/Lethal Consequences no holds barred match was a lot of fun - even though it had too many goofy "I'll just hold this chair in front of my face for a few seconds" spots. They gelled really well, and they should do even better in the Ultimate X match.

I thought they did a really good job of building up the empty arena match - and while the match itself was a bit short, and hurt by the idiocy of having Don and Mike on commentary for it, and the interference ending for an EMPTY ARENA MATCH is annoying, it was pretty intense at times. I can't believe they gave that big Angle fall away on free TV - and didn't even get a good shot of it, and during replays, they covered up Kurt's body with a giant "REPLAY" graphic. Hopefully they get some mileage out of that fall, because it was quite scary given Kurt's health issues.

Sting's post-match promo was his usual great stuff - he's gone from doing his old "WOOO IT'S SHOWTIME FOLKS!" to actually cutting good promos thanks to this MEM angle, so if nothing else, TNA got that done with this thing...and whatever possible money they can try and make from their new black and gold tracksuits. They sure didn't use the angle to make new stars - Rhino's right back in the same spot he was, and Joe's just starting to be rebuilt for the millionth time after they re-screwed him up.

Abyss' therapy sessions warranting three cameras and a graphic for his shrink is hilarious - and then you've got his wacky facial expressions. These segments rule so much, and what's better is that they'll lead to Stevie being back on TV. The "one night with ODB" video package was...frightening. Rednecks, animal sex, and ODB bent over slapping her ass back-to-back made for an odd little minute or so of TV there. And then they had that pre-main event crowd shot with the toothless guy to add to the strangeness level of the show.

Team Canada vs. Beer Money was fine - I was glad to see Eric not lose after suffering through the endless "DON'T FIRE ERIC" feud, but Petey losing still seems odd, and the match result actually resulting in a firing is straight out of WCW's playbook. The Magnus/Morgan match didn't do a thing for me - I don't know why Magnus is employed. He's got nothing really going for him. At least Morgan's impressive-looking (and BIG! BIG! HE'S BIG!). The knockouts match was nothing special, but did have some memorable bits between the Beautiful People entrance and the post-match victory celebration with Daffney making silly faces.

This wasn't a horrid show - silly at times, but entertaining throughout, and it built up a lot of potential things for the PPV, which is setting up to be TNA's best in a long time between another Angle-Sting match, an X division Ultimate X, and another Joe-Steiner match.

Screens -

More Screens -

Quotes -
Tenay - WE MAY BE IN STORE FOR THE MOST UNIQUE EPISODE OF IMPACT IN TNA HISTORY!
(after Sabin drops Creed’s face on a chair)DW - OH THAT COULD JUST BREAK YOUR RIBS!
(to Lauren)Steiner - I’m gonna beat Somo Joe more than I’ve ever been before - NOW GO TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF - I’M WORKING OUT!
(as the pans behind Velvet’s ass in tight jeans)DW - I like the outfit that Velvet has on - I think she’ll have to wear that at all times.
DW - COULD IT BE THE CANADIAN DESTROYER ON JACQUELINE!?
Tenay - UH OH! SPIKE TV EXECS WON’T LIKE THAT!
Storm - If I had one wish, it would be that my daughter doesn’t grow up in a world as messed up as it is now.
Tenay - Let’s document everything leading to the first match in TNA with an empty Impact Zone!
Tenay - WHAT A FIGHT! STING HITS A CLOTHESLINE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cabana was released despite wrestling Umaga on next week's Smackdown - twice.

Makes sense.

Cabana's Myspace said:
SEEYA!!!!!
Yes. I was released by WWE.

There's only two things that are on my mind right now.

1) Move back to Chicago
2) Go to England and Professionally Wrestle Johnny Saint

There'll be a lot more to come, but for now, sit tight.

Goodbye Scotty Goldman.
Hello (again) Colt Cabana!

GOOD TIMES, GREAT MEMORIES!

Wow. They should have at least tried to use him. But I guess Shane O Mac and Stephanie need more air time. And we definitely need to see more Vicky and Edge on the tube.

So..... I guess kayfabe is officially dead after tonight's Smackdown eh?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjQbd1rpho&feature=PlayList&p=E6DF300E6E6C3C3B&index=4[/media]

[quote name='Demolition Man']So..... I guess kayfabe is officially dead after tonight's Smackdown eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjQbd1rpho&feature=PlayList&p=E6DF300E6E6C3C3B&index=4[/quote]funny, I was thinking they might walk a fine line and just stick to the term "mother of my children," which would be a convenient way to reconcile the backstage nods and the kayfabe. Then he goes ahead and uses that exact phrase, but the interview also includes him saying MY WIFE so so much for that I guess.

Not to be that guy but that cover was posted a while back. Regardless, the cover looks completely fake just by his presence on it.

Neo you're a complete asshole :D Sorry, didn't know that was posted. Kinda weird though that's it's on the WWE shop.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Storyline-wise, were Stephanie and HHH ever divorced? We all know they were married in Vegas.[/quote]

From what I remember, Stephanie faked a pregnancy, HHH found out, they did a wedding ceremony to renew their vows, then HHH pedigreed her. I don't know what's happened since then.

Can someone explain to me what the point of putting the belt on HHH was if he's just going to be put into a big McSuck/Orton feud?

I guess so that "technically", Orton could still get a title shot a WM?

Seems like a waste of the belt imo.

[quote name='neocisco']Best part of any Impact ever? When Scott Steiner gets his hands on a mic.[/QUOTE]
No the best part of Impact ever is when Booker T & Nash did commentary for an hour during Impact a while ago. Booker T was golden that night. I still have to laugh at the comment he made about Awesome Kong. "A woman so ugly that when you see her during the day, you wish it were night."

The Mizorrison/Bella/COLONS!~ skit ruled thanks to Morrison being totally awesome and the Bella twins acting like actual human beings amidst all the insanity. Some good matches, too, with no bad ones on the show, a fun Umaga-Goldman squash, and a really good slower-paced Jeff Hardy vs. Edge match as the main event. The non-finish was good as well, with Matt laying out Jeff then issuing a challenge, although it did kind of make Edge look weak since Jeff clearly had him beat before Matt attacked Jeff.

The HHH interview was excellent, and finally paid off the years-long jokes about HHH and Steph being married with an intense promo from HHH that was easily his best one in quite a while. He can be quite a storyteller on the mic when he's not using the silly, jokey version of his character, and he made it seem like he was going to absolutely massacre Orton when he got his hands on him. Really good stuff, and it was aided by the camera just being on HHH through 95% of the segment - take note, TNA, that's how you do a good sit-down interview. There's no need for a thousand camera switches and random zoom-ins during them - those just distract from the point of them, and make it harder than it should be to care about the topic at hand.

Screens -

Quotes -
(after Morrison unbuttons jacket to reveal abs)A Bella - WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE’RE IN A RESTAURANT!
Morrison - I’M HOT!
(to Primo the waiter)Morrison - Do you think I got THESE (shows off abs) by eating BUTTER!? WHY IS THERE BUTTER ON MY CRAB LEG?!
(after the Colons’ hairpieces are taken off)A Bella - PRIMO!
Another Bella - CARLITO!
Morrison - IT’S THE COLONS!
HHH - Randy Orton’s been walking a fine line around here for a while, and on Raw, he put his hands on my… (takes a sip of water) Sorry. A lot of people may not like my father in law, but he’s a 63 year old man. Randy kicked him in the head. He did the same thing to my brother in law Shane for trying to defend his father. And then… he put his hands on my wife! You’ve crossed the line, Orton! Stephanie is the mother of my children! (he tears off mic and leaves)

jeffhardyblackwhitegreera3.jpg

Is Jeff Hardy trying to audition to be the next Joker or something?

Sonjay Dutt is the latest addition to TNA's "Back To The Indies" club. His contract expired, and the two weren't able to meet on a new one.

Lockdown is apparently in Philadelphia this year? I'm sure that'll be fantastic with the ROH heavy crowd in attendance.

[quote name='JJSP']Sonjay Dutt is the latest addition to TNA's "Back To The Indies" club. His contract expired, and the two weren't able to meet on a new one.

Lockdown is apparently in Philadelphia this year? I'm sure that'll be fantastic with the ROH heavy crowd in attendance.[/quote]

maybe theyll go with another electrified cage, im sure the ROH loyals would love it

Christian's full ECW theme by Story of the Year - not the WWE-used edit of it, but the full song.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PMGMQZU

ROH Tag Wars 2008 - Motor City Machine Guns vs. Age of the Fall -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U02E39U3

In Your House 13: Final Four - Undertaker vs. Vader vs. Bret Hart vs. Austin in a bloodbath.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YYJ0ND6F

AJPW - Stan Hansen vs. Kenta Kobashi 9-5-96 Triple Crown
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L2CG6ZA0

NOAH - Ricky Steamboat Jr. and Buchanan vs. Taue and Ishimori 2-15-09
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n31kas

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to Raw tomorrow night. Pretty hyped. Expect some cell phone pictures tomorrow night.

On an unrelated note, I was cleaning around my room and found an old USPS flat rate envelope from something Saucy Jack mailed me at one point and it does have a return address. This was from three years ago, though. I wonder if he still lives there. I may send a CAG business card to that address.

PWG held "Express Written Consent" last night in Burbank, CA. The show featured Paul London's return to the ring as he teamed with The Young Bucks to take on Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, and Karl Anderson in what was described as a potential indies MOTY. Two minutes into the scheduled PWG Title match between Chris Hero and Human Tornado, a voice rang out over the PA "Hold on a second."

Someone in the crowd yelled out "God?!?", to which the voice responded "Not quite. Fired on Friday, back in PWG on Saturday night." Colt Cabana made his return to PWG as a full-time member of the roster, joining the match in a losing effort and making it a triple-threat. Cabana challenged Hero to a title match one-on-one next month.

AC/DC is listed by IMDB to be appearing at Wrestlemania. Perhaps they do the theme and will play it live? Say what you will about IMDB's credibility, but they've spoiled secrets about Wrestlemania in the past years.

Of course, it also lists Mickey Rourke, but that could be outdated.. or maybe he'll actually show up.

Rourke didn't win because he teased wrestling at Wrestlemania.

Plain and simple.

Right as the voting started to begin in fact.

The Academy pictured in their mind's eye Rourke accepting the award and cutting a promo on Chris Jericho.

And that cost him dearly.

bread's done
Back