The annual "I blew/will blow my tax return on..."

levi333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (99%)
So CAGs, assuming you're getting back all that money you loaned to the government interest free, what will you be purchasing or have you already bought? Or, the wise CAGs, what are you investing in?
Feel free to bitch about owing here too.

Here's my new baby, put her together myself (mostly):

AR15011.jpg

For people that know or care, its a Stag upper and lower, Daniel Defense 12" rail, Magpul grip and stock. Larue mount with an EOtech (which i already had).

should've gotten a new couch =]

I'm not sure if I'm getting a refund or not yet. If I do, I'll prob just put it in ING with the rest of my savings until the new 360 model comes out.

[quote name='Alcedes']ING? hsbc or emigrantdirect has much better rates.[/quote]

Yea, i know. I have a mortgage with ING too, so just makes it easier.

[quote name='seanr1221']Putting it aside until I can get a deal on a PS3.[/quote]

I think you could make some quick cash by selling some ex-gf pictures

[quote name='levi333']So CAGs, assuming you're getting back all that money you loaned to the government interest free, what will you be purchasing or have you already bought? Or, the wise CAGs, what are you investing in?
Feel free to bitch about owing here too.

Here's my new baby, put her together myself (mostly):

AR15011.jpg

For people that know or care, its a Stag upper and lower, Daniel Defense 12" rail, Magpul grip and stock. Larue mount with an EOtech (which i already had).[/QUOTE]

That's a sweet paintball gun.

I get about 500 bucks back and it should get here monday. I was thinking about getting a new gun, Beretta PX4 Storm, but i dont know if I can justify it. Ill most likely pay off my guitar hero 2 pre order and bank the rest.

Bought a slightly used Toshiba HD-A1 from my friend (for only $230 with a couple of his movies & 11 months left on replacement plan) about 2 weeks ago. I'll stow the rest away in savings/IRA for now. May buy my own PS3 later in the year, maybe.

I was going to but a Wii, I got close to 450 back, but Ill probably pay off my credit card and invest the rest...maybe...

Who gets money back? I am expecting to have to pay several thousands of fucking dollars. It seems that if you choose "zero" withholding, you should be golden. Whatever...

i grabbed a ipod shuffle today with tax money and next week i'm buyin a new toilet for the crib, that moneys goin down the shitter...

[quote name='Pookymeister']I gotta figure out if selling on ebay counts as a hobby or business before i do my taxes.......hmmm[/quote]From what I discussed with my dad the accountant, if you're selling for profit (reselling, essentially) then technically it would be a business. For me, 90% of the stuff I've sold in the last year was from my collection, which would fall into the hobby category, whether I played them or made a profit on them.

I got an xbox 360 with 2 games and an extra wireless controller with mine. Still got a few hundred left in which i will purchase stuff for work.

Clothers..Leatherman...etc

[quote name='botticus']From what I discussed with my dad the accountant, if you're selling for profit (reselling, essentially) then technically it would be a business. For me, 90% of the stuff I've sold in the last year was from my collection, which would fall into the hobby category, whether I played them or made a profit on them.[/quote]

Yea, there's this list of 9 things the IRS has. I fulfill the "intend to make profit" thing, but the others not so much.

Well i picked up a 27" Samsung LCD. It's my first HDTV and I really like it so far. Of course the day after I bought it my desktop died so I dipped into savings to fix that (really wish that it had happened a few days earlier but oh well).

[quote name='freezedried74']That's a sweet paintball gun.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... not sure if you're joking or not... But it's not a paintball gun, nor airsoft.

42" LCD Monitor, another 360 in my room, a new leather living room suite for my wife (bought it today, delivery is on the 4th), books for my kids, and a Springfield XP series (OD Green with .40 and .45 internals). All bought in that order in the past two weeks. And I still have enough to go into savings. I tell you, taking another $50 out every paycheck on top of taxes gives you the hookup during tax time.

[quote name='AGuth']I tell you, taking another $50 out every paycheck on top of taxes gives you the hookup during tax time.[/quote]

Do you mean overpaying taxes by $50? Or just putting it away in savings? :whistle2:k

man, I blew my tax return on an underbody spoiler kit for my TSX. Also some new furniture for the condo. surprising I didn't buy anything gaming yet...

bread's done
Back