The ap·a·thy O·T·T

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']Wow. This was certainly a surprise and from left field. :shock:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I took one for the team. You boogers were taking way too long. A shame to lose my OTT cherry like this but we cant always have the fairy tale.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Yeah, I took one for the team. You boogers were taking way too long. A shame to lose my OTT cherry like this but we cant always have the fairy tale.[/QUOTE]
Around here, there isn't a fairy tale.

You put out the first time, and then it's all easier the next time. ;)

The old superfriends show is great!

I'm on the second episdode and this is what has happened. The Flash increased Greenhouse Gasses, Aquaman created a killer Tsunami that obliterated the western hemisphere, and the Green Lantern just moved the earth off it's access to avoid a meteor shower.

[quote name='shrike4242']Around here, there isn't a fairy tale.

You put out the first time, and then it's all easier the next time. ;)[/QUOTE]
Tru dat.

I need to stop watching G4 Tv. Even though I dont really enjoy most of the content, the clips are making me add more and more games to my want list.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The old superfriends show is great!

I'm on the second episdode and this is what has happened. The Flash increased Greenhouse Gasses, Aquaman created a killer Tsunami that obliterated the western hemisphere, and the Green Lantern just moved the earth off it's access to avoid a meteor shower.[/QUOTE]

AXIS

I'm on the second episdode and this is what has happened. The Flash increased Greenhouse Gasses, Aquaman created a killer Tsunami that obliterated the western hemisphere, and the Green Lantern just moved the earth off it's access to avoid a meteor shower.[/QUOTE]
But isn't that catastrophic to all life on the planet?

[quote name='dcfox']But isn't that catastrophic to all life on the planet?[/QUOTE]

Bingo! And when everything goes to hell they're like, "Whoops!"

And of course, nobody died.

Apathy OTT? I'll fit in fine here most of the time. :)

Question: I noticed that there was a short gap this time without an OTT. If I had created an OTT in that time, would it become the official one? Or is there some kind of OTT-making process that decides the topic and maker?

And when the hell did Toyman get a "Sinister Planet of toy traps?" How could he afford that?

[quote name='Mike23']That's it; I'm adding Ackbar to the axis of evil.[/QUOTE]

And that's the access of evil buddy!

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Apathy OTT? I'll fit in fine here most of the time. :)

Question: I noticed that there was a short gap this time without an OTT. If I had created an OTT in that time, would it become the official one? Or is there some kind of OTT-making process that decides the topic and maker?[/QUOTE]
It seems its a first come first served so long as nobody has called it in the past OTT.
I went ahead and did it since it seemed nobody else was and Shrike had to do the last one under similar circumstances so I figured 2 in a row like that would suck for him.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Apathy OTT? I'll fit in fine here most of the time. :)

Question: I noticed that there was a short gap this time without an OTT. If I had created an OTT in that time, would it become the official one? Or is there some kind of OTT-making process that decides the topic and maker?[/QUOTE]
We operate on the "I got it" system where someone calls the next OTT. If no one calls it, utter chais ensues where many new OTT's are created people measure the nanoseconds difference in when they were posted, a few mods delete random OTT's, people bitch about it and claim the race card, and then we arrive at the true official next OTT and all is well for the next 500 posts. :D There's nothing like it.

Black Vulcan: "There must be a way out of this black death trap!"

Sometimes someone bucks the system. The last time was during the Crisis of Infinite OTTs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']We operate on the "I got it" system where someone calls the next OTT. If no one calls it, utter chais ensues where many new OTT's are created people measure the nanoseconds difference in when they were posted, a few mods delete random OTT's, people bitch about it and claim the race card, and then we arrive at the true official next OTT and all is well for the next 500 posts. :D There's nothing like it.[/QUOTE]
Id believe it if it werent for the fact the last OTT locked at 7:41 or earlier and I finally took the task of making a new one on myself at 7:57

Well, then I'll either pass on suggestions to starters or wait for someone to bestow the "honor" of starting an OTT upon me if I feel like being really involved in an OTT creation.

Back to our regular posting...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, then I'll either pass on suggestions to starters or wait for someone to bestow the "honor" of starting an OTT upon me if I feel like being really involved in an OTT creation.

Back to our regular posting...[/QUOTE]
All ya gotta do is call it and be around when the 500 mark is hit in the old one and it's yours.

I used to watch that show all the time. It has the most awesome starwipe of all time along with the best voice over guy.

also I nabbed a new mouse today and it is awesome. its the MX510, and while not top of the line, for 10 bucks AR, its a big improvement. I wish Compusa would have had the keyboard to go with it. Now I am going to continue to be tempted by the Saitek Eclipse

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I used to watch that show all the time. It has the most awesome starwipe of all time along with the best voice over guy.

also I nabbed a new mouse today and it is awesome. its the MX510, and while not top of the line, for 10 bucks AR, its a big improvement. I wish Compusa would have had the keyboard to go with it. Now I am going to continue to be tempted by the Saitek Eclipse[/QUOTE]
I paid $20 for mine (blue) and its worth every penny. IMO only if you are hardcore into FPS will you be able to notice difference between the 510 and higher $$ mice.

I don't know what's more incredulous.

That the super friends could figure out a riddle from the Riddler that went something like, "Titan your belt before you melt" to mean that the next clue is at the hottest star in orion's belt. Or That the Riddler actually had the ability to leave a clue on a planet at the hottest star in orions belt.

I don't need Aquaman to tell me, "No one knows what's at the center of a black hole. It could be increadiby dangerous!"

[quote name='supadupacheap']All ya gotta do is call it and be around when the 500 mark is hit in the old one and it's yours.[/QUOTE]

I guess I won't have one, most likely. I can't guarantee I'll be around for the 500th post, and I don't know when the proper time is to "call it."

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is that the one where a few of them fall through the black hole and Superman saves them?[/QUOTE]

No, that's the one where Toyman has a hidden planet of evil toys at the heart of a black hole and traps Hawkman, Black Vulcan, Wonder Woman inside. Then the rets of the superfriendshave to find them and of course alsop get trapped in the black hole.

And look what6 I found!!!

A commercial from '84 promoting a video game. Look who's in it!

'84 Activision Commercial

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I guess I won't have one, most likely. I can't guarantee I'll be around for the 500th post, and I don't know when the proper time is to "call it."[/QUOTE]
Do you need me to hold your hand? :lol:
I think you are assuming a protocol that isn't really there. If you see the post count in an OTT nearing the 500 mark and want to make the next one, just say so. Most of the OTTers are gentlemanly enough to give you the "honor" if you really show interest in it.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Do you need me to hold your hand? :lol:
I think you are assuming a protocol that isn't really there. If you see the post count in an OTT nearing the 500 mark and want to make the next one, just say so. Most of the OTTers are gentlemanly enough to give you the "honor" if you really show interest in it.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't need anyone to hold my hand. I don't know where their hands have been...

I was just curious about the making of an OTT. For all I knew, CAG took the creation of an OTT seriously, even if they don't take the content within seriously... :)

I hate to piss off people, so I wanted to make sure I did things right if I ever did decide to make an OTT. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Nah, I don't need anyone to hold my hand. I don't know where their hands have been...

I was just curious about the making of an OTT. For all I knew, CAG took the creation of an OTT seriously, even if they don't take the content within seriously... :)

I hate to piss off people, so I wanted to make sure I did things right if I ever did decide to make an OTT. :)[/QUOTE]

To see how serious it can get with an OTT, look at about 2 weeks ago. I thought we were about to see bloodshed.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Nah, I don't need anyone to hold my hand. I don't know where their hands have been...

I hate to piss off people, so I wanted to make sure I did things right if I ever did decide to make an OTT. :)[/QUOTE]
Well first off, the OTT is almost like a sovereign state residing within CAG itself. The CAGs that post in the OTT used to be called OTTer's. Though I'm not sure if that term is still in usage, I have been gone a while.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']To see how serious it can get with an OTT, look at about 2 weeks ago. I thought we were about to see bloodshed.[/QUOTE]
Its not as common that people get worked up about who creates it anymore. Yeah, there are odd times when 2 people both think they have brilliant ideas that they must OTT but usually its not the case.
If somebody wants an OTT, they can easily get one. Ive passed on the creating the OTT thing at least 5 times in the past few weeks. So it aint THAT hard to get one if you really care and want one.

[quote name='dcfox']Well first off, the OTT is almost like a sovereign state residing within CAG itself. The CAGs that post in the OTT used to be called OTTer's. Though I'm not sure if that term is still in usage, I have been gone a while.[/QUOTE]
OTT exclusivity died quite a while ago. It used to be more of a close knit group but now just about any ol CAG will stumble in here at one time or another. Im sure some old timers remember fondly the early days of the OTT and consider themselves "originals." I think the current OTT posters usually dont brand themselves OTTers.

Oh the wonderfulness of having cats.
I smelled poo and looked all over the place for it. Oh I found it, boy, did I find it. It was buried underneath my room-mates socks which were tossed behind the recliner. (I don't know why he does this)
So I guess I'll tell my room-mate to go pick up his socks when he gets home.

Yeah, I've discovered something. Doing your homework before the night it's due is smart, and actually understanding the work helps too...

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Oh the wonderfulness of having cats.
I smelled poo and looked all over the place for it. Oh I found it, boy, did I find it. It was buried underneath my room-mates socks which were tossed behind the recliner. (I don't know why he does this)
So I guess I'll tell my room-mate to go pick up his socks when he gets home.[/QUOTE]
Ok, please dont take this wrong but What the fuck is with this guy? It seems like at least bi-monthly you are mentioning some issue or problem with him. You need to fucking lay down the law, seriously. No more conflict avoidance, tear this fucker a new and very deserved asshole.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Ok, please dont take this wrong but What the fuck is with this guy? It seems like at least bi-monthly you are mentioning some issue or problem with him. You need to fucking lay down the law, seriously. No more conflict avoidance, tear this fucker a new and very deserved asshole.[/QUOTE]
He's cleaning the cat poo, now.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']He's cleaning the cat poo, now.[/QUOTE]
So we've won the battle but you've not really made progress on the war.

Seriously, this guy sounds like a total jerk. I think a full on sit down is in order. Lay down the law less ye want the law laid down for ye I always say.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']He's cleaning the cat poo, now.[/QUOTE]

Darn. I though he might have thought you left him a chocolate to reward him for cleaning up his socks. Positive reinforcement, and all that. :lol:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I was mistaken... he has not found out about the cat poo yet, he's cleaning our wonderfully wet and moldy hallway carpet.[/QUOTE]

What kind of house of skank are you living in, Lulu? Yikes. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']What kind of house of skank are you living in, Lulu? Yikes. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I reported this fucking leak 4 times this is the third leak and it usually comes from upstairs. I'm taking pictures to the office manager tomorrow. It's completely disgusting.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Holy shit. My Name Is Earl is fucking brilliant.[/QUOTE]
I had heard that was the case. Sadly, I forgot to catch it. Hope the torrent fairy will leave it under my pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back