The Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana soundtrack is pretty damn good.

Starky27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Picked up the preorder bonus yesterday from GameStop. 39 tracks, essentially the first disc of the Japanese 2 disc release. Very reminiscent of the SNES/early PSX era RPGs with orchestrated synths and a healthy mix of whimisical, slow and and rock tunes. One track in particular, Klein and his Friends reminded me of Chrono Trigger in the opening notes and shared the theme of that track onto a couple others. Another couple tunes Bullfight and Hager's Song convey a serious tone with a heavy dose of lighthearted whimsy, the latter in particular. The heaviest track Ferocious Drive is one of the best tunes and trades in the light sounds for a driving guitar and drum beat. The only thing is it sounds like the 2nd disc carries a lot of the heavier tunes and battle themes, so now I'm heavily tempted to pick it up as well. If anything, based on this 39 track 'sampler', I can't wait for this game to come out now...

I thought you got this with the game when it came out. I didn't realize that you got it when you preordered. Those GS bastards owe me a soundtrack!! :D

[quote name='chickenhawk']I thought you got this with the game when it came out. I didn't realize that you got it when you preordered. Those GS bastards owe me a soundtrack!! :D[/QUOTE]

I thought the same, but evidently the soundtrack shipped to stores early due to the previous release date (5/25). If you have it preordered at the store, call and see if they have received them.

[quote name='Starky27']I thought the same, but evidently the soundtrack shipped to stores early due to the previous release date (5/25). If you have it preordered at the store, call and see if they have received them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll do that. It sucks cause I was just over that way yesterday and it's like 20 minutes away. Oh well.....

Starky you ever listened to the Growlancer soundtrack?? How about that compared with Atelier Iris? I wasn't paying attention to this game until I saw screenshots, but when is it due for?

bread's done
Back