The Avengers Movie (2012): First concept art of Avengers Assemble

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!
First official concept art of the Avengers assemble:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/...e-Promotional-Poster-Debuts-At-Licensing-Expo

1860478-a2_super.jpeg

If memory serves right, these concept arts are true to the final costumes, as seen when Thor's and Captain America's first conceptual costume arts surfaced.

Notice that Captain America has a new costume than the one he has in his upcoming movie next July 22nd, and also Hawkeye is wearing his Ultimates gear.

----------------

avengers2t.jpg

Sig by PR Mega X

Not the original lineup, plenty of different characters have come and gone, even wolverine. I like that Cap costume.

Looks like they ditched the triangle chest piece and maybe added some silver trim or something.

I still can't accept the hulk in the Avengers as part of the team. I have never read into the avengers , but what happens that makes the Hulk a team player? He can't be reasoned with or controlled and pissing him off will only make things worse for the team.
The only thing I can think about story wise is that DTV a few years ago but they ended up fighting off an alien invasion. So is that what this movie is going to be about?

[quote name='sendme']Last I read they are going to try to stop him and he is not part of the team.[/QUOTE]
If that is true....hopefully the Hulkbuster armor will make an appearance.

Honestly wouldn't it have been neat if Fury mentioned the hulk problem and Stark saying "I might have something to bust him up...." at the end of IM2?

I really hope this turns out well. Im not expecting like a masterpiece of modern cinema but marvel has been doing well with their movies the past few years. Spiderman 3 and xmen 3 aside they havent made a bad one in awhile.

I just hope it does really well because a avengers franchise could be really cool considering you can add or remove characters and be able to have some really great villians, long as they dont go overboard with it and try to do too much at one time.

I cant find the story itself and I havent seen thor yet but I read on darkhorizons a little potential tease that maybe
in the thor movie you see the infinity gauntlet or infinity gems in a vault in asgard and thanos could be a potential bad guy for the avengers movie or its sequel.
which could be cool if they do it right. But again it was just a rumor they had posted.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Isn't spiderman one of the avengers?[/QUOTE]

No. He is a card carrying member but he isnt on the team regularly. He just pops up from time to time.

[quote name='gargus']I really hope this turns out well. Im not expecting like a masterpiece of modern cinema but marvel has been doing well with their movies the past few years. Spiderman 3 and xmen 3 aside they havent made a bad one in awhile.

I just hope it does really well because a avengers franchise could be really cool considering you can add or remove characters and be able to have some really great villians, long as they dont go overboard with it and try to do too much at one time.

I cant find the story itself and I havent seen thor yet but I read on darkhorizons a little potential tease that maybe
in the thor movie you see the infinity gauntlet or infinity gems in a vault in asgard and thanos could be a potential bad guy for the avengers movie or its sequel.
which could be cool if they do it right. But again it was just a rumor they had posted.

No. He is a card carrying member but he isnt on the team regularly. He just pops up from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Ahh shit.... is Marvel laying so many hidden clues as to what the avengers will be about in Thor? The only thing I can see as a post credit scene in the end of CA is him being recovered by SHIELD...

[quote name='gargus']
which could be cool if they do it right. But again it was just a rumor they had posted.[/QUOTE]
I don't remember seeing that but the thing I think you're referring to that was in Thor was
the cosmic cube

Is there any chance this movie is going to be good?

Also hope Capt America's costume is updated so it doesn't look as dorky in The Avengers as it does in Capt America

[quote name='CouRageouS']I don't remember seeing that but the thing I think you're referring to that was in Thor was
the cosmic cube
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was the object present on Thor's after-credits scene. However, the object he's referring to was something hidden in Odin's Vault - Link for Pics.

Do we really need spoiler tags for speculation? Just in case, here's the two bad guys I see as having the better chances of being the big bad...
Loki - In the comics, he's the reason the Avengers became a group in the first place. He mind control'd Hulk into a battle against Thor, and the rest of the Avenger's hopped in to help. Given that Loki was seen mind controlling someone in Thor, this could certainly happen again.

Thanos - Primarily for the gauntlet thing...in addition to being present in the Thor movie, it was also shown off during SDCC2010.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ahh shit.... is Marvel laying so many hidden clues as to what the avengers will be about in Thor? The only thing I can see as a post credit scene in the end of CA is him being recovered by SHIELD...[/QUOTE]

Actually Id love to see in the post credits clip
bucky being setup as winter soldier
that would be cool if they make a second captain america movie. Personally though I hope they just make this one and leave it at that. Cap isnt exactly solo movie material.

Yes I know spoiler tags are pointless here but someone may not know about that character yet and hate to ruin it for them in the upcoming movie. Ever since I was a kid standing in line to see empire strikes back and some asshole leaving the showing before us walks past our line yelling "I cant believe vader is lukes dad!". I wanted to cry and ever since then I take my spoilers seriously, I hate knowing the smallest detail about a movie before I see it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Iron Man is the only character I'm interested in so I can't imagine this will be too interesting to me.[/QUOTE]

Well the upshot is if they stick to the source material (which they have done fairly well so far) youll see iron man a decent amount. He was the one donated the avengers mansion and basically did all the ground work for the team as well as fought beside them and has been a big part of the team.

Considering robert downey is the most well know of the actors they would make him in it a good amount for his name. But then fucking anthony hopkins was in thor and they downplayed him in the trailers I saw and promotional stuff. Although dont give anything away about him, Im going to see it next week.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Iron Man is the only character I'm interested in so I can't imagine this will be too interesting to me.[/QUOTE]

Avengers has always been an interesting team though, do even if you don't life the characters individually, I think they're usually great together.

Personally, I wish Pym was in it. Not sure why he isn't, and Hawkeye is. And Hulk was a founding member.

Hope it isn't about the Avengers vs Hulk, cause it'll just be the animated movie made into live action.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']First official concept art of the Avengers assemble:[/QUOTE]

It should be pointed out that the pic isn't "concept" art -- concept art is art done expressly for the visualization of costumes, backgrounds, props, and make-up for the actual film. This is promotional art -- the stuff that winds up on the boxes of the toys and on tie-in slurpee cups. While it's done by someone who probably saw the concept art, there's still a big difference.

[quote name='trq']It should be pointed out that the pic isn't "concept" art -- concept art is art done expressly for the visualization of costumes, backgrounds, props, and make-up for the actual film. This is promotional art -- the stuff that winds up on the boxes of the toys and on tie-in slurpee cups. While it's done by someone who probably saw the concept art, there's still a big difference.[/QUOTE]

This........

Yea Iron Man's Core center piece isn't correct if it was following IM2's line..but then again he could revert back to a circular piece. I think this movie will be worth it alone if the Hulk Buster armor makes an appearance.

id be more excited if they used the current avengers lineup. still waiting for luke cage and iron fist to get their time in the spotlight.

[quote name='Clak']Wasp and Ant-Man would be pretty cool. Maybe if they do a second one they'll be in it.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they could get away with mark millars ultimate version of the two. I never cared for either character but man way millar worked them in ultimates was great stuff. Course that might be a little too much for the movies tone. But was great how cap got involved, hell millar was the only person to ever make me like cap as a character really.

[quote name='Clak']Wasn't Pym a bit of an ass though? Never liked that.[/QUOTE]

most of the really smart guys in the marvel universe are lol.

bread's done
Back