The Batistwo Random Pics Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Purple Flames']Based on some reactions her, I'll actually hold off on checking the spoilers. Sometimes, I just gotta be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you're going to get to watch the Rumble, don't read the spoilers. I know I won't get to so I might as well learn things early.

Wonder if they could possibly be using Nash to keep Trips out of the Rumble, have him show up and attack Sheamus on behalf of Triple H for the Kliq, just an idea.

The other day on Twitter, Mick Foley posted something to the effect of "I told my son I entered the Royal Rumble in 1998 as three different characters and he said 'and you still couldn't win?'"

I have no idea who's going to win and I love it that way. The only thing I'd love more is if someone like Del Rio wins out of nowhere. The Rumble's easily my favorite match of the year; there's nothing like that moment when someone's completely unexpected music hits and it takes a second to figure out who it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQ3-o8Zi7Y

Of course, my worst fears are this year it'll be HHH's music, and at that point you might as well just turn it off. Probably my favorite Rumble moment of all-time is Gorilla Monsoon's amazing reaction to the Giant Gonzalez. He doesn't ask, he just demands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GD093idUXs

"Look at the size of that monster!"
"WHAT IS IT."

For my money, best commentary team of all time.

Edit: Also, Piper and Snuka stop the match while CM Punk laughs in the corner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRx_8Txdoo

Double edit: Scotty 2 Hotty's hair makes it look like he's super shocked Rikishi turned on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiiiiinda. There was the Cena/Batista situation at the 2005 RR where both of them were knocked over the top rope at the end, and Vince came running out to have them do it over. Vince ended up tearing both of his quads (which explains why he gave the order while sitting down in the ring). I saw a video of it not even two hours ago, lemme try and find it again.

EDIT: Found it, and it looks like I was slightly off. The finish itself was fumbled, but the last person was correct.

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/01/29/royalrumblechangeseverything/

It's a short but interesting read about the events of the 2005 Royal Rumble, including Vince's quad tearing.

Regarding the spoilers.

Nash makes sense. He wants star power.. a surprise return would be good.

Booker T, OTOH, makes no sense. Wasn't he down south working on getting his promotion started up this year?

It doesn't matter either way, Triple H is still going to return and win

I just hope that if Booker T does debut, it's not with the King Booker gimmick.. I hated that so much.

If booker t did use the king gimmick, he could be used as a way to knock out sheamus. cant have 2 kings :), well may be 3 if jerry lawler is in the rumble

Kevin Nash was sighted as the Boston airport, sporting dyed brown hair.

I wish WWE would let him stay grey. It's not a secret or anything.

^^What's funny is that was the first (and clearly only) time Vince ever didn't take the stairs into the ring. There was a time after this incident where he would stomp them aggressively. Mr. McMahon is one of my favorite characters ever for this very reason. The guy tears both of his quads getting in the ring, fuck it, he'll scream at you sitting down and still make you look stupid. I imagine it's pretty much like that in real life. He's made a lot of questionable decisions but at the end of the day, he's still a guy who pissed his pants with a toy gun to his head for our amusement.

Also, some people think the new tag titles are ugly, but holy hell:
WCWhardcorechampbelt.JPG

I love how, during the Rumble, Kane always plays cleaner, but never wins. Rest assured, if you're watching the Rumble tomorrow night, and there's a fuckload of people in the ring, Kane's coming to clear those fucks out.

012.jpg

That's some Diesel hair. At least it's a huge improvement over that weird gray with blonde ends look he had after Hogan showed up in TNA

Now if WWE goes for the trifects, and pulls it off I think we would all mark out like motherfuggas. That aside, looks like the MEM reformation angle has just had a huge ass monkeywrench thrown into it.

More Rumble spoilers:

The latest issue of Power Slam reports that Triple H's return to WWE programming has been postponed on multiple occasions dating back to October.

According to WWE creative team sources, his return was originally scheduled for the Bragging Rights pay-per-view on Oct. 24. It was postponed to shortly before the Survivor Series, and again to the pay-per-view itself. He was then scheduled to return at the King of the Ring edition of Monday Night Raw on Nov. 29, then the week after that. He was also tentatively scheduled for the first Raw of 2011.

The magazine adds that there has been talk of him returning at tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Picked up The Triumph and Tradgedy of WCCW at Wal Mart for $5. Could barely get through the DVD because of the Von Erich deaths. Just a very sad story.

[quote name='cdubb1605']
Ok, can we start a pool on how injured Nash gets in the Rumble?
[/QUOTE]

Put me down for .. hmm .. as he tries to enter the ring by stepping over the top rope

Another Rumble spoiler:

-- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is expected to appear at tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view as he is in town for an autograph signing with fellow former WWE talent Carlito.

-- Christian was flown into Boston for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. It is presently unclear what his role at the event will be. It should be noted that he isn't wearing his arm in a sling. He has been sidelined since September due to a torn pectoral muscle.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Another Rumble spoiler:

-- "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is expected to appear at tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view as he is in town for an autograph signing with fellow former WWE talent Carlito.

-- Christian was flown into Boston for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. It is presently unclear what his role at the event will be. It should be noted that he isn't wearing his arm in a sling. He has been sidelined since September due to a torn pectoral muscle.
[/QUOTE]

I am SHOCKED about the first one. SHOCKED I tell you.

Even more Rumble spoilers:

- Evan Bourne is also being rumored for tonight's WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view in the 40-Man main event.

In regards to one of the Rumble spoilers:

Kevin Nash in the Rumble = Lame

Oh goddammit. I made the mistake of looking up the Rumble twitter feed and found out one of the spoilers. I've learned my lesson about doing that from now on.

Rumble related spoiler number 293

As reported earlier, Booker T has arrived to Boston, Massachusetts for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. He is expected to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. His return to WWE after three years will not be a one night affair.
According to some wrestlers, Booker T is permanently returning to WWE to both wrestle and announce. Additional details, however, have not been disclosed.

The six-time world champion has had his sights set on a commentating position for a number of years. He indicated in an interview last year during Royal Rumble season that if he were to return to WWE, it would likely be as an announcer.

He said, "Going back to the WWE, I know I would have to work a full schedule pretty much 180 days a year. I don't think that's something I want to do at this point. A lot of people speculate, but if I was to go back to the WWE, it would probably be from a wrestling announcer standpoint, that's something I always wanted to do. So I look forward if I ever go back to WWE, it would probably be from a wrestling announcer standpoint. TNA is better for me as far as scheduling goes, but I don't think I'll working that hectic schedule anymore."

Chet Lemon and Black Snow confirmed?

[quote name='mykevermin']That would be a brilliant maneuver, diddy.[/QUOTE]

Plus it would be a marked improvement over the current status.

God damn it, reading all these spoilers and seeing the nostalgia videos really makes me want to watch the Rumble tonight. My girlfriend's dumbass work has a holiday party scheduled tonight though. Of all the damn nights to have to go to this stupid ass party.

Possible Rumble spoiler:

Awesome Kong teased an appearance at tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view as she noted the following on Twitter this afternoon.

"My stomach is RUMBLE-ing. Craving sushi so I may SMACK DOWN on some RAW fish."

According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office's charge report on Kong last month for driving without a valid license, she resides in Massachusetts, near the site of tonight's pay-per-view event.

POSSIBLE Wrestlemania spoiler (Unrelated to the Royal Rumble, and seems more like a rumor):
Contrary to Brock Lesnar's public dismissal last week of the long-standing rumor that he was interested in participating in this year's Wrestlemania event, the latest issue of Power Slam reports that according to multiple sources, he did persuade UFC officials to allow him to work a storyline with WWE that would culminate at the annual wrestling supershow.

The proposed deal stems from his mini-confrontation with The Undertaker following UFC 121 on October 23.

According to the magazine, Lesnar had agreed in principle to a three-appearance deal with WWE: he would have appeared on two episodes of Monday Night Raw in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania XXVI, culminating with a final appearance at the April 3 pay-per-view extravaganza in Atlanta, Georgia.

WWE officials are willing to pay Lesnar a seven-figure sum for the three appearances. However, the deal would require approval from UFC because Lesnar is under contract to the mixed martial arts organization.

UFC officials reportedly denied Lesnar's request to return to WWE.

[quote name='neocisco']What holiday? Early Chinese New Year?[/QUOTE]

Possibly a Christmas party after Christmas to save cost. Horrible idea, unless it has an open bar.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Possibly a Christmas party after Christmas to save cost. [/QUOTE]

Yep
[quote name='WeaponX2099']Horrible idea,[/QUOTE]
Yep
[quote name='WeaponX2099']unless it has an open bar.[/QUOTE]
Nope

First, she was selling me up on it because they were giving away huge prizes like TVs and stuff. Then she tells me last night that she just found out only employees could win prizes. At this point I'm not even sure there's gonna be food.

I'd rather get drunk on liquor and nostalgia and watch the Rumble. Sigh... the things men do to promote household peace.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep

Yep

Nope

First, she was selling me up on it because they were giving away huge prizes like TVs and stuff. Then she tells me last night that she just found out only employees could win prizes. At this point I'm not even sure there's gonna be food.

I'd rather get drunk on liquor and nostalgia and watch the Rumble. Sigh... the things men do to promote household peace.[/QUOTE]

Run. Far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back