The beatles Premium bundle 50 buck at TRU B&M until 2/5

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
5396498781_0545948123_z.jpg

Member when this hunka plastica coma outa fora 250 bona. Well, if you held out for 15 months, then its time to get it.

Problem is actually finding one. Locally, my store, Whitestone, ny 11356 have 2.

I see quite a few of these around, though only for the 360. The PS3 versions of the instruments are really hard to find.

Thanks OP! I'm heading to my local TRU tomorrow to find a PS3 bundle, I already have the standalone copy of the Beatles RB so it will nice to finally play it with the proper instruments, just in time too my RB1 guitar and drums are broken. This comes with all the instruments guitar, mic, drums correct?

[quote name='KingDox']what drum set is in there? I still have the original RB1 drum set so is the set in this bundle any better?[/QUOTE]

This set has the much superior RB2 drum set, which is far less likely to break on you. It's worth the upgrade, assuming you're interested in the game, Hofner bass controller, extra microphone, and microphone stand.

Tempting, because I need Beatles Rock Band and another guitar...but not sure what I'd do with a second drum set and a third microphone. OK, harmonies w/ the third mic, but the second drum set?

Snap! And I was just at Toys R Us today. Almost positive they didn't have this. I haven't seen Beatles deluxe bundles for PS3 anywhere, at any price.

[quote name='BingoBrown']This set has the much superior RB2 drum set, which is far less likely to break on you. It's worth the upgrade, assuming you're interested in the game, Hofner bass controller, extra microphone, and microphone stand.[/QUOTE]

My friend and I got the Beatles LE sets on 75% off clearance at Target about a year ago and both of our drum sets were DOA (each of us had a different pad that wouldn't register, also his set was for :360: and mine was for :ps3:). Both of us did warranty exchanges with varying levels of difficulty. He returned the original and then ended up having to exchange two more times before getting one that didn't develop problems within a week. Also, before anyone says anything, he babied that thing. He was not hitting it hard at all and the pads still broke on him.

In my case, the exchange was a 3 month nightmare of about two dozen emails and FOUR attempts by them to replace the drum head (four return boxes sent to me, all four lost). Support blamed the ordeal on UPS' incompetence when it comes to shipping large boxes that are empty. Eventually they just sent me a replacement and told me to throw away the defective unit. Luckily my replacement worked flawlessly.

I also picked up 3 sets (1 for me, 2 for friends) of the Rock Band 1 drums on clearance at K-Mart when they were like $7. The RB2 drums are definitely much better than the RB1 set, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're less likely to break.

my toysrus also had value bundle for sale for $50, not limited. they had like 3-4 of those.

so i think it depends on what kind of bundles stores have left, either one for $50

[quote name='wilflare']anyone can help me buy and ship to my US Courier?
I'll paypal gift you[/QUOTE]

Dude - do you know how much shipping would be on this monster????? You'd be better of waiting for GS to get down a little further and order from them.

Dare I say how much the Wii version sells for? :D

Than dare I brag about how I found one at a Blockbuster sealed and new for 60 bucks a month ago :D

[quote name='blindinglights']The RB2 drums are definitely much better than the RB1 set, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're less likely to break.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you were just unlucky with your RB2 drums. The RB1 drums have a known problem with the pedal, and they break very often. RB2 drums, in nearly every case, should be less likely to break than RB1 drums.

Holy crap, this is a good deal. I need a new drum set anyway, so it'd be worth it. I'd just sell the Beatles game (not a fan of the Beatles at all).

Can you attach cymbals to this set? I only ask because I have RB3 (and pretty much all the others) and I'm still using the RB1 kit which doesn't support them. The pads are still ok but they buzz a little where the clips are broken. I already replaced the pedal with a hardwood one from Ebay and have a dual setup for hard songs. I'll assume the RB2 kit uses the same pedals? Lastly does that guitar offer the auto-calibrate option? I'd really like to try that as each time I start one of these games the numbers come up different.

Great deal, but being as I'm away in college and graduating in a few months, the extra baggage will probably make it a no-go for me. Hopefully, it goes this low again within the next year.

I bought this as a clearance at Sam's Club for $31.
It was great because I needed some Rock Band 2 drum sets.
I put a RB3 Cymbal kit on them and I was all ready for Rock Band 3.

Great Deal.

Now I need to find out what to do with my extra copy of Beatles Rock Band.

Was able to get the last 360 version at the one outside of LakeForest Mall, MD. They had 2 PS3 versions left. Two signs up just as the picture in the OP. Mine scanned for 99.99 and I waited around 10 minutes for them to figure things out and make an adjustment. As I was leaving I glanced at the area again and they removed both signs. I'm assuming that's that for that location.

They still have them at 49.99 at the Gladstone, MO TRU - but they are the edition with the rock band 1 guitar and drums, not the nice Beatles kit.

[quote name='Hellhunt']They still have them at 49.99 at the Gladstone, MO TRU - but they are the edition with the rock band 1 guitar and drums, not the nice Beatles kit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what the set that I found is. I figured it was just a cosmetic thing tho (it still has the Beatles game included after all). Are these not the RB2 improved drums?

[quote name='madbst']Great deal, but being as I'm away in college and graduating in a few months, the extra baggage will probably make it a no-go for me. Hopefully, it goes this low again within the next year.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, second semester of your senior year is about kicking it with your friends. The bulk of the hard work is probably close to being done. You might not see some of your buddies again for a long time, if at all. Game it up!

I don't think this is supposed to be on sale utill tomorrow. I got one for 99.99, showed them the picture, and they said since it ends 2/5 that it should start tomorrow and to just bring back the recept and they will give back the difference. Someone also mistakenly picked up the value set for me (49.99) so I have to take that back.

Blech, checked the serial # on my drums and they are the originals. Why would they pack the RB1 drums in with RB Beatles??? RB2 had been out by then. Guess they had a warehouse full of the crap & figured they'd pawn them off on people. Oh well, mine are going back tomorrow.

This is a pretty good deal, but I do wish it was a little less. TRU did a GH: WT full bundle for $50 with a $25 gc not too long ago and picked that up. Overall I like those drums better but I like RB as a game better and it's a pain playing the GH drums with RB.

Still, might have to really consider this one. If I did it I'd probably just end up throwing away both my RB 1 drums and GH: WT drums, they seem like too much of a pain to try and sell.

damn, I should have looked for the good one, I got the special value bundle, I should have looked closer. its all rock band 1 crap. wired drums and mic. at least the guitar is wireless but still looks like a cheap piece of plastic.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Rang up $99.99 at my store. Value bundle was $49.99 but it was all wired stuff so I didn't get it[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's will be very YMMV to get the limited edition for $49.99 as the item number on the sign is for the Special Value Edition.

Rang up $99.99 but manager did a price override. Great that I had $11 in rewards r us certs that expired today.

same here, scanned at $100, it wasn't the limited edition, just the regular rock band bundle with beatles rock band that was $50

bummer, oh well

I wish that fucking Rickenbacker would go lower. That's what I really want...

GS has the LE bundle at $79.99 now. Makes my Target special not look so special now... Honestly, if I can pick one of these up for $50, I may be in for a PS3 set, just so I have a set of instruments for PS3...

[quote name='FQRizzo']Same here. It's will be very YMMV to get the limited edition for $49.99 as the item number on the sign is for the Special Value Edition.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I just went to 3 TRU's (since the people that answer the phones are complete idiots), and the ones with the standard RB controllers ring up for the low price. The ones with the Hoffner Bass are $99...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']Does the "normal edition" come with the RB2 drums? That's all I, and probably most people, care about.[/QUOTE]
It comes with Rock Band 1 instruments. So its wired. :/

From what I understand the normal edition comes with the RB1 drums...wired and no way to expand with cymbals....That's what I've heard anyway.

bread's done
Back