The "Beavis and Butthead Returns" Thread: Comic-Con Footage in OP!

Filler2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's awesome! Beavis gets a screw in his hand, reprises Cornholio, and the gang riffs on Jersey Shore. Any other info from the panel you guys hear about? Apparently, episodes start airing in October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAirNeKWxQ

Thanks to Scorch for the Youtube link!

Also,
Mike Judge says no plans for a King of the Hill revival, but he will never give up on the idea

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yankeessuck']Are they going to watch reality shows instead of music videos?[/QUOTE]

There are supposed to be music videos still, but there's also going to be reality shows and movie reviews. It's a little off-putting at first, but I have faith in it being awesome.

I like that they'd kept it old school and haven't updated the animation...heh in fact its the exact same stock footage they always used when B&B are commenting on what's on tv.

Excellent, surprisingly I think the funniest part was them watching Jersey Shore.

"That's how she answers the phone"

Wow! I've been looking forward to this and it still exceeded my expectations. It was like a trip back in time but with modern subject matter. The Cornholio stuff was hilarious! Can't wait to watch.

I was totally worried for this. After that Comic Con footage, not only are they back but they are just as funny as before. Then again if Mike Judge can keep King of the Hill great after all those seasons, I am not surprised this is still amazing.

I can't wait now :D. In fact I want to netflix some beavis and butthead :lol:

[quote name='dothog']"Do you need to be here?"

"Uh, yeah."[/QUOTE]

I woke my roommate up two rooms away from laughing when I saw that part last night...

Yeah, up until that line I was watching that and thinking, "Why is there a B&B revival?" And Butthead's reply got me to not think about that for a while.

I'm still not sure about the B&B revival, but in a way, it makes sense. B&B previously was, in part, mocking the so-called MTV generation and music videos, so as MTV has replaced the videos with reality TV, B&B returns to mock that.

My problem is that B&B were originally caricatures of MTV's target demographic, the dipshit teenaged headbanging male watching TV over the summer instead of getting outside. But now, MTV skews female, don't it? And Headbanger's ball has been dead for umpteen years. I'm not saying it has to be reproduced faithfully, I just don't know if B&B are the people to mock MTV's current programming, maybe it would be better to have an entirely new outlet for that.

I suppose it's easier (and lazier) to just talk B&B back into existence and relevance, but with some effort they might've tried something that followed the B&B format but gave us new characters who had two feet firmly planted in 2011 rather than having one in 2011 and the other in 1991.

[/buzzkill]

And why would they revive King of the Hill? It got a ton of seasons, they had more than enough time to play out just about every possible story they could. It did just fine, just as the original run of B&B did.

Not only that but King of the Hill has only been off the air for a little over a year. Meanwhile Beavis and Butt-head has been off the air for 14 years.

[quote name='dothog']

My problem is that B&B were originally caricatures of MTV's target demographic, the dipshit teenaged headbanging male watching TV over the summer instead of getting outside. But now, MTV skews female, don't it? And Headbanger's ball has been dead for umpteen years. I'm not saying it has to be reproduced faithfully, I just don't know if B&B are the people to mock MTV's current programming, maybe it would be better to have an entirely new outlet for that.

I suppose it's easier (and lazier) to just talk B&B back into existence and relevance, but with some effort they might've tried something that followed the B&B format but gave us new characters who had two feet firmly planted in 2011 rather than having one in 2011 and the other in 1991.

[/buzzkill]

[/QUOTE]Thinking about this and you know. This could of been the perfect thing to create some crazy subplot where beavis and butthead have children and those are the ones behind this show. Of course we never see beavis and butthead because the children have been abandoned at birth and basically it's the same idea as the original show.

my favorite B&B moment ever:
They're watching some industrial metal band (I want to say Skum for some reason)
Beavis: Is this White Zombie
Butt-Head: Might as well be
Beavis: Marcus Welby?

I think a bit of pee came out I was laughing so hard when I first saw that.

Never understood the massive Family Guy love, never liked it, never thought it was funny. I haven't liked South Park in probably about 5+ years, but Beavis and Butthead is amazing and pretty much on its own level.

Family Guy tries soooooo fucking hard to be funny that it becomes grating very easily. That, and the musical segments that get shoved into seemingly every episode fucking suck. You cannot milk 80s pop-culture references for every joke.

This preview is amazing. The phone answering bit has me nearly in tears.

I guess mike judge has no other ideas beyond king of the hill so he is going back to B&B.

Im sorry but this is a stupid idea B&B was a product of its time and really wasnt that funny to begin with. It was just a fad for awhile because cartoon violence like that show had and adult themes werent quite mainstream for the most part like now.

[quote name='gargus']I guess mike judge has no other ideas beyond king of the hill so he is going back to B&B.

Im sorry but this is a stupid idea B&B was a product of its time and really wasnt that funny to begin with. It was just a fad for awhile because cartoon violence like that show had and adult themes werent quite mainstream for the most part like now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the creator is desperate for work, he's doing well for himself. He probably just feels about the reality tv generation as he felt about the hair metal/MTV generation, he thinks it's a subject matter he can explore via B&B. Whatever he does won't be a "knockoff" in terms of quality, it'll just be a question of whether or not B&B are the right vehicle for this satire.

I can't wait... I just wish Judge could still do Beavis' voice right. It drives me batty listening to him scream or freak out. His speaking voice is ok, but as soon as it gets high it just falls apart.

Even though the change in Beavis' voice is kind of off-putting, I will still watch the shit out of this. Given its not on during a wrasslin night.

[quote name='gargus']I guess mike judge has no other ideas beyond king of the hill so he is going back to B&B.

Im sorry but this is a stupid idea B&B was a product of its time and really wasnt that funny to begin with. It was just a fad for awhile because cartoon violence like that show had and adult themes werent quite mainstream for the most part like now.[/QUOTE]

Gargus, you're a dumbass.
cast.jpg

Looked pretty good; made me less skeptical about the whole B&B revival.

I'm *still* worried, but, that's just due to the recent track record of revived animation shows. King of the Hill was consistently good throughout its seasons.

After watching the footage a few times, I think I'm okay with Beavis' yell now.

I think my real worry now is whether Mike Judge can consistently produce the same quality of entertainment as he did from the 90s to early 2000. King of the Hill noticeably got weaker towards the end of its lifespan, Extract was kind of disappointing, and The Goode Family wasn't very funny at all (and this is coming from someone with a conservative leaning). I have a lot of faith in this show being as great as it used to be, but part of me is still a bit worried.

King of the Hill sucked and if you like it you suck too. Beavis and Butthead was good and I'm glad to see it back, but it won't be as good as it was in the 90s. I don't know who thought giving Anderson from B&B his own show would be a good idea, because that's all King of the Shit is. Texas rednecks are funny, but only ironically. fuck King of the Hill right up Hank Hill and his mongoloid son's ass.

[quote name='Karasu The Blade']King of the Hill sucked and if you like it you suck too.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion has lost it's validity. Good day, sir.

[quote name='Karasu The Blade']King of the Hill sucked and if you like it you suck too. Beavis and Butthead was good and I'm glad to see it back, but it won't be as good as it was in the 90s. I don't know who thought giving Anderson from B&B his own show would be a good idea, because that's all King of the Shit is. Texas rednecks are funny, but only ironically. fuck King of the Hill right up Hank Hill and his mongoloid son's ass.[/QUOTE]

You are a bad person.

bread's done
Back