The BEST burger...

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Whataburger is the best, fast food burger I've ever had. But that deliciousness is only available to folks in Texas, suckers!

EDIT: Nevermind; just checked their website. Now available in 10 states. As for the other 40 states... y'all are still suckers.[/quote]

This is true. Whataburger is best fast food chain out there, with White Castle being a close second. Too bad there are none around where I live. :[

As far as best burgers any place is Ed's Hamburgers. But it is a really small local joint, so few people will ever taste the greatness.

[quote name='xdl']Five Guys. If you haven't been, go. Now.[/QUOTE]

What he said. Their burgers are amazing.

Runner up would be a Jack Daniels burger from TGI Fridays.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Whataburger does make some kickass burgers.[/quote]
picture.php

white castle is awesome. i grew up on something like it called a krystal but once youve had a white castle nothing is like it. but there was this one place called checkers. it had a short run but they had the best damn burger id ever had and ive still never tasted anything like it. they had some kind of sauce that made that meat taste special. funny thing they closed down due to health violations i think so who knows maybe the sauce was an accident lol. second best was a place that did bbq burgers.

For fast food, Checkers makes the best.

For a real manly awesome burger, there's this Italian place just around the corner that makes the most awesome burger I've ever experienced. It's what Jimmy Buffett was singing about.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Don't have an overall favorite.

I like Cheeburger, Cheeburger a lot. Five Guys is good, probably the best as far as fast food burgers.

Red Robin is damn good, pricey but I'm not a cheap ass when it comes to food. Ruby Tuesday has some good ones.

Lots of good ones I've had at various local pubs and beer bars etc.

I've never gotten the obsession with In 'n Out. Tried it several times when in CA for work. Just another crappy fast food burger, not bad for the price but can't hold a candle to Five Guys and much less to the more expensive burgers in sit down places. And again I'm not a cheap ass with food, and I'm pretty snobby with food and drink. Probably would have liked it more when I was a poor undergrad and couldn't eat out much.[/QUOTE]

2nd on the Cheeburger, Cheeburger. I love the build your own aspect. I'm also with you on the In 'n Out thing. Everytime my friends want to go there I just kinda roll my eyes. I don't get what the big deal is with them. To each their own, though...

Also, count me in for the Royal Red Robin Burger and Rally's (or Checkers, depending on your location).

[quote name='naiku']Red Robin[/QUOTE]

no doubt the winner.. at least 8 of my top 10 burgers are at Red Robin.. the Sante Fe's probably my #1.. so many great choices there and I've had nearly all of them (get it free pretty often)

Why would you recommend Portillo's for hamburgers?

:whistle2:|

Go there and order Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Italian Beef, Maxwell Polish or GTFO

Stony Ridge in Ely, MN. They have like 20 specialty burgers, each one more ridiculous than the last. My favorite is a 2/3 lb burger with italian sausage, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce on top. The biggest one is like 8" high, and has several types of meat, veggies and cheese on top of the burger itself. Plus you get to sit in a log cabin overlooking a beautiful lake while you eat.

In 'n Out, Double Double Animal style with Animal Fries. Otherwise it's good but not great. I think the reason why people love them so much is the fresh cut fries and "fresh" grind meat so it's never frozen. Otherwise if I'm going to pay for a expensive burger, I'll just make it myself and add whatever I want to it.

That being said, I do like the Red Robin Royal burger, and for basic fast food, can't go wrong with Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr.

[quote name='manthing']Why would you recommend Portillo's for hamburgers?

:whistle2:|

Go there and order Chicago Style Hot Dogs, Italian Beef, Maxwell Polish or GTFO[/quote]

Maybe, just maybe, because they have really good burgers. Yes they have great beefs and dogs but this is about burgers. Should I plug the ribs and Ginas chocolate cake too? fuck now I'm hungry.

[quote name='TimPV3']It was 8 years ago, my first week in New York. And for a kid from Minnesota, the big city was a scary place. So I went for a walk in the big scary city, and I discovered something amazing. It wasn't scary at all. And then, right when I started to get a little hungry, I turned the corner, and there it was. The tiniest little burger joint you ever saw, tucked between a taxidermist and a XXX bookstore. So, I went inside, and I ordered the Burger.

Unfortunately, we could never find the place again. Eight years have passed, and still no burger.[/QUOTE]

Legend.....wait for it..... dary.

[quote name='letmeinnow']In n Out - Double Double
Carl's Jr - SuperStar
When i lived in Cali[/quote]

You know that if you're in Government they'll give you the Double Double Double Double.

Some guy named Homer S. told me.

:roll:

Wendy's Big Bacon Classic gets my vote. (for fast food)

Can't think of any restaurants where I ever ordered a burger though. Other than Tony's, and those turn your colon into a slip and slide.

[quote name='fart_bubble']surprised no one has said Fuddruckers. I really miss that one outside of Southridge mall, their arcade was the shit[/QUOTE]

There is a Fuddruckers over here in Dublin that I've never been to. Maybe I should try them out one day.

Ever try out Val's in Hayward? Everyone seems to rave about it, but it was definitely the worst burger that I ever had. The meat was uncooked, and the buns were completely soaked in grease. Disgusting.

Thread gave me a craving, so dinner tonight was Five Guys. Bacon Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, fried onions, sauteed mushrooms and bbq sauce.

Don't know. Never really had a REAL burger since I'm too cheap to buy a meal more than $5. Out of the fast foods, it has to be Wendy's, although White Castle comes close (I haven't had one since 2007).

If only there was a burger that was a medium to which God can speak to us...

The favorites in my area are Ray's Hell Burger (Arlington, VA), Five Guys, and Good Stuff Eatery (Washington, DC).

also back when mcdonalds had 29 cent burgers those were pretty damn good too mostly because they were so cheap but that aside the basic mcdonalds burger is pretty good. damn shame all their other more well known items suck now.

pig burgers and pizza burgers are also good.

For fast food, I am going to go with Checker's American melt. This sucker had me at hello. Good golly gee whizz, CAG'ers.

[quote name='lokizz']also back when mcdonalds had 29 cent burgers those were pretty damn good too mostly because they were so cheap but that aside the basic mcdonalds burger is pretty good.[/quote]

They were ripping off Hot 'N Now. That place had burgers for like $0.27 with cheese on it for like $0.10 extra, can't remember but I think that was the price structure. The burgers looked raggedy as hell. You definitely got your money's worth. Easily the worst burger in burger history.

I wouldve said fuddrucker had the best chain burgers but then i discovered five guys my god was it great ( and them having mr pibb scores huge brownie points).

as for local treasures...its a tie between a itai sub shop called patricellis, their burger melt with russian dressing is unbelievable, & a fish fry dive called the harbor house, its transfatastical.

crap almost forgot FRIDAYS triple stacker(i think its called that) with "saratoga style" chips.

best burger in the tri-state area?

http://www.shakeshack.com/

Located in Madison Square Park right in front of my job in NYC. The lines are ridiculous, I usually go during bad weather days because the lines aren't as long but even then I've only eaten there maybe 2 or 3 times in the past two years because the lines are ridiculously long.

I love the In-N-Out double-double, though, living on the east coast, I probably won't get to eat another anytime soon. There's a Fatburger by my house, a Five Guys by the office, and a Cheeburger by my parents, though I am apparently the only person who sees no difference between the three.

[quote name='alongx']I love the In-N-Out double-double, though, living on the east coast, I probably won't get to eat another anytime soon. There's a Fatburger by my house, a Five Guys by the office, and a Cheeburger by my parents, though I am apparently the only person who sees no difference between the three.[/quote]

I've never had In-N-Out but Shakeshack has been compared to LA's In-N-Out

Treated myself to a McGangbang for lunch yesterday. Better then I thought it would be. It's a McDouble with a McChicken in between. I eat McDonalds maybe once a month and one of these is a meal in itself, no fries necessary.

mailgooglecom1.jpg

mailgooglecom3.jpg

The Pub's Young's Double Chocolate Stout Burger - I get this at a local British style pub by me. It's got this sauce that's made with a chocolate stout beer. Delicous

the mc chicken is probably the best thing mcdonalds sells anymore. its spicy too just not a fan of all the mayonaise.

bread's done
Back