The best cheapass deal I've ever made! (I need to brag!)

PlumeNoir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Fellow CAGers, I just HAD to brag about this, I am so excited!

I've been playing the every10minutes thing with Mountain Dew for a free XBOX 360 and had no luck. When it first started, there were only a few hundred every round, but then it was 2000+ and I was sure I was boned.

Well, two weeks back, I went on vacation to Buffalo to see some friends. Well, of course, over the weekend, the wife and I drank about 8 Mt Dews (Long ass drive). I kept the bottles from the car ride and when I got home, I entered the points randomly over the next week and forgot about it.

I just got my email: I WON AN XBOX 360!!!

And the cheapest thing about it? I think I bought the soda in NY, and brought the bottles back with me for the ten cent deposit here in Michigan. (Ever seen that Seinfeld episode...?)

And THAT is the icing: Because I was so cheap that I wanted the 5 extra cents on each deposit, I had the caps with me to enter in the contest. That should be worth some bonus points!

Sorry guys, but I had to brag. I made a blog entry on 1up showing the confirmation if no one believes me: http://plumenoir.1up.com/

I guess I can no longer use the excuse "I never win anything cool....."

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Not really a deal but congrats. Ill trade you a twinkie for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Very true...but I am using the "...bragging rights" thing of the forum, and I can barely contain my excitement.

And like I said, because I was cheap and saved the bottles for the extra deposit...doesn't that count as a "deal?" ;)

Sell it on eBay around Xmas to make a pretty profit. And technically, you're not being a fuck hoarder since you didn't actually buy the thing. Pure profit all around.

I'd drink Mountain Dew to enter the contest, but that shit made my dick bleed. No lie. I agree with EcoFreak. Sell it around Christmas time and you might make enough back to where you can buy two. Avoid the historically glitchy first runs.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sell it on eBay around Xmas to make a pretty profit. And technically, you're not being a fuck hoarder since you didn't actually buy the thing. Pure profit all around.[/QUOTE]

I swear...I am kinda considering that, Eco. But, then again...I do want it, and I know money is going to be a tad too tight to buy one when they come out.

I'll more than likely keep it, I'm sure.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I swear...I am kinda considering that, Eco. But, then again...I do want it, and I know money is going to be a tad too tight to buy one when they come out.

I'll more than likely keep it, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. If it's a definite must have, then by all means keep it. But if you can do without it for a month after Xmas, then seriously look into selling it.

I've drank a lot of Dew...and I don't really drink it otherwise. I wish I would win...congrats though.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
And the cheapest thing about it? I think I bought the soda in NY, and brought the bottles back with me for the ten cent deposit here in Michigan. (Ever seen that Seinfeld episode...?)[/QUOTE]

You know, that's illegal, and Mountain Dew is very bad for you, but good job winning.

[quote name='Logain8955']You lucky bastard, congrats. Now all I have to do to get an X360 is torch the entire state of michigan.....[/QUOTE]

Devil's Night is next week...so we're way ahead of you with the torching!

(Anyone outside of the state probably doesn't know that Oct 30th around Detroit is known as Devil's Night where people go out and vandalize and commit arson and pretty much trash the city. It's mellowed over the past few years, as the city adopted Angel's Night to curb the rampant arson. The first Crow movie makes a lot of references to this "tradition.")

[quote name='BIG5']You know, that's illegal, and Mountain Dew is very bad for you, but good job winning.[/QUOTE]

Heh! If they wanna come after me for the 40 cents, then let them! I just need to return some bottles first for some change...

(The vicious cycle continues...)

Congrataltions! Damn I havent even entered the damn conest. I havent drunk any Mountain Dew at all, I forget about the contest everytime! As everyone else said sell it as soon as possible for a huge profit! You will get atleast $600!

Congrats. So far I have gotten about 70 entries... and have yet to win a damn 360... :(

(Oh and for those who have NOT noticed yet you can also get codes off of Pepsi, Sierra Mist, and other Pepsi products so its not limited to just Mountain Dew)

There's been around 30 CAGs that have won a 360 from this contest including myself. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

[quote name='shipwreck']There's been around 30 CAGs that have won a 360 from this contest including myself. Congratulations and welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]

Wow...when Shipwreck replies, I KNOW I am truly part of the community now! ;) Thanks man!

Actually, I'm glad so many of us have won. I can't say for anyone else, but I do know of people dumping dozens or hundreds of points into one drawing to no avail. Hey...it's a contest, and I figured I'd just use my points on a CD case.

[quote name='demomanTNA'](Oh and for those who have NOT noticed yet you can also get codes off of Pepsi, Sierra Mist, and other Pepsi products so its not limited to just Mountain Dew)[/QUOTE]
That would have been good to know over a month ago.... Well, I'm not a caffeine drinker anyway, so c'est la vie. (I only had the one freebie entry and haven't bought any Pepsi products for the longest time.)

Reality's Fringe]I'd drink Mountain Dew to enter the contest said:
I forgot about this...

Did you ever get back on it to test you theory???? Maybe this last week of the contest is the theory test week!!??

bread's done
Back