The best game I have played so far is _____ in 2010.

...seems like this would probably be a better question to ask at the end of the year.

[quote name='eastshore4']...seems like this would probably be a better question to ask at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
Then you'd need to reword the question.

(i'd say you'd need/want to play every game available before judging fairly - but who gives a crap!)

Red Dead Redemption...simply amazing game.

Is this only for games released this year? Or can it be anything we've played so far? Just asking, since I play a lot of older stuff.

For the former: Dragon Quest IX. For the latter: I'm torn between DQIX, Dragon Quest V (DS), and Plants vs. Zombies.

No, it's fine because it says "so far"
I'm not disputing the validity of it, it just seems like a better fit as an end-of-the-year question. I guess it's just me but I don't much care for the glut of "best game" threads we get all the time, a mid-year GOTY discussion just seems too forced... ah but what the hell: Lost Planet 2, on single player no less!

That sentence should be structured like this

The best game I have played so far in 2010 is ______.

For some reason the way it is worded in the OP bugs me :) Now to answer your question, for me it is Dragon Quest IX. I've put way too many hours into that game already.

I answered the best game that came out this year, I finished Uncharted 2 this year as well and that is the best game I've ever played.

Red Dead Redemption. Mass Effect 2 is coming up soon in the backlog queue and Halo Reach seems pretty great. We'll see.

Bayonetta is the best game of 2010 so far. Final Fantasy XIII is a close second, but I haven't really played a lot of new games this year. No Heavy Rain, God of War III, Super Mario Galaxy 2. I got Mass Effect 2 for the PC, but I promised to beat the first game before playing this one; same for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.

Mass Effect 2. It's the total package. I'm on my third playthrough right now and the game still feels completely fresh.

Honorable mention to Final Fantasy XIII and BioShock 2.

I've only played the beta and a few missions so far, but I'm fairly certain at this point that Starcraft 2 will take the cake for me.

The first half of the year has been so stacked it's worth discussing now. I would say the winner is Red Dead Redemption for me - put in 60 hours before even touching multiplayer.

Honorable mention to Bayonetta and Super SFIV. Haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet and I just started Bioshock 2

So far, Heavy Rain. While I haven't played many other 2010 titles, I have no doubt Heavy Rain will be a game that permanently sticks out in my mind from 2010.

Mass Effect 2

Honorable Mentions: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta & SSF4.

Haven't played Alan Wake yet so I can't comment. But I'll get around to it before the end of the year.

[quote name='Jodou']Red Dead Redemption already won GOTY.

/thread[/QUOTE]

Yep. Red Dead Redemption.

Come December I think it'll be between RDR and Halo: Reach for me personally.

(it breaks my heart to leave out Mass Effect 2, but I gotta)

Probably Sin & Punishment 2. Though Bayonetta is a close second. And while I know it's divisive, FFXIII is definitely in my top 3 for the year so far.

Red Dead Redemption.

And am I the only one to think that EA should be sued like crazy by Sony for Dante's Inferno? It's practically an exact clone of God Of War with mere pallette swaps as far as gameplay goes. Still a fun game, but that's taking imitation a bit too close there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']And am I the only one to think that EA should be sued like crazy by Sony for Dante's Inferno? It's practically an exact clone of God Of War with mere pallette swaps as far as gameplay goes. Still a fun game, but that's taking imitation a bit too close there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Sega should sue Sony then for God of War only being a better looking clone of Golden Axe.

Heavy rain.

Yes it was short for me and I only played it twice but it was still very original and had a atmosphere unmatched. I was actually emotionally engaged in the game, and if something can actually invoke some sort of emotion then its doing a damn good job. Ive always been a big fan of david fincher and this game is like if he made one.

It may not have been as truly open ended with as many fracturing paths as Id liked but it definitely was a big step in the right direction.

Was also nice to play something that had real characters with real personalities instead of playing as generic space marine number 234,001, or something with yet another time slow mechanic, or another 11 year old boys version of what manly is where a guy runs around with half a car for armor and only knows the emotion of grim determination, or some shooter with a color scheme of gun metal grey and brown.

Was nice also to see a storyline that seemed like it was more than something someone scribbled on a cocktail napkin while running late for a meeting to plan out the story. Most games that have even 1/10th of the story heavy rain had still have more plotholes than a triple cunted hooker in 18th centur whitechapel.

No giant guns, no token driving stages, no ending that basically pulls the "to be continued" card, just a good solid game all around.

bread's done
Back