The "Big Lazy" Kevin Nash Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a refresher. Didn't Masters violate the Wellness Policy real early into his debut push? I remember that he kinda disappeared for a period for no reason.

The money from those 4 releases will be invested into CM Punk's new contract, more suits for HHH to wear on TV, and more spray tan for the man on both shows Zack Ryder.

Masters being gone sucks because he was really great in the ring FINALLY, and it's a shame they forced him up to the main roster before he was ready either in or out of the ring. Hopefully this time, his outside WWE run goes well. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in TNA because they seem to only want to push you as a star if you were in WWE as a main event-level one, and he wasn't that for any length of time.

SD Thoughts -

Loved having the show open with Sheamus instead of Orton or Christian, and then I laughed when the WWE HD scren-spanning logo covered up just Sheamus's crotch while his arms are out wide. That ruled. Sheamus-Khali was perfectly structured - hiding Khali's limitations and yet still allowing Sheamus to get the come from behind victory over the giant monster leading to him versus Henry. Showing Beth's heel turn video before the match where Nattie did the EXACT same thing was odd. Nattie should've beaten her up for having that annoyingly happy theme. The Gabriel video did a fantastic job of making him seem like a huge star once again, only now showing clips of people going crazy for him.

Kidd-Danielson was a very good match, aside from some of the commentary. Really, all of it by Cole and a little of it by Barrett. Booker was actually really good here taking the discussion away from burying Danielson six feet under and instead talking about things like how big the check's gonna be when Bryan main events WM. Josh didn't do much except for shoe-horn in the POWERED BY K-MART line of the show. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kidd use the ringpost figure 4 in a TV match. Then again, it's not like he'll be on a PPV to use it, so why not? Better to use it on TV than on Superstars. Loved the missed kick by Kidd leading to a high kick and then a running, jumping guillotine choke (now dubbed the anaconda choke). Good stuff and probably something that will wind up on a best of SD DVD. Danielson's new theme didn't come across very well on his intro, but did better in the post-match replay, and after hearing a clean version on Youtube, it's really awesome and has an epic sound that'll be good for 'Mania if they keep it until then.

Zack's address was goofy. Odd to have Cody bring up Zeke burying the IC title by always losing. Zack fist pumping to Teddy's dancing and theme was amusing. I liked them leading to Zeke-Ryder in a logical, yet awkward way. Match was okay, but hurt by Cole burying everyone. Teddy meeting Aksana w/ sax music playing throughout the whole deal was wacky. Aksana looks way different with black hair, but it fits the catsuit she's wearing. Henry-Kozlov was fine. I'm going to miss Kozlov because he was an effective comedy act. Liked Sheamus coming out after to make the save with a chair. Jimmy The Gimmick/Otunga/Hennig vs. Trent/Usos was fine. The commentary here was the best part of the match, like when Josh said the Usos prepare by throwing flaming sticks to each other leading to Cole saying how stupid that was, and Cole asking why Trent doesn't act like a goof since he's from Long Island, and Josh replying that they live on separate sides of the island. Then the tag champs won with the worst looking Demolition Decapitation ever. I'm pretty sure even the Shane/Vince version looked better.

WWE HAS MORE TWITTER FOLLOWERS THAN MCDONALD'S! Crickets chirped for that figuratively, and literally for the announcement debut of Johnny Curtis. Well, that sure is a great way to set him up to be a star. They're just handing Cole material for him next week. Loved the Punk-Cena vid and the announcement of the Undisputed WWE Title match making this year's Summerslam the biggest ever... ...and then they cut to a Christian interview, whose championship sure came off as secondary coming right after this. The Sin Cara return vid was fantastic. The main event tag was pretty good. Not sure why Morrison did the C4 when it's Sin Cara's finish off the top and he's returning next week, but it did at least lead to a good hot tag setup. Orton's leaping schoolboy out of the corner was awesome - I haven't seen him do that before, but it was great. Liked the finishing sequence with the out of nowhere RKO on Truth leading to Christian hitting the killswitch to win. I'm hoping this isn't leading to Orton winning the title again, but perhaps since this happened on the show before the go-home show, that won't happen.

Screens -

Red vs. Blue Superman

Quotes -

Cole - Sheamus takes on the HUGE THE GREAT KHALI!
Booker - Sheamus gotta chop down this big oak tree.
Cole - Not sure if they have many oak trees in Punjab - maybe bamboo stalks.
Booker - DAT BIG MEATHOOK JUST TOOK SHEAMUS OUTTA THE GAME!
Booker - THEY ALWAYS TALKING IN PUNJABI! I NEED TA HEAR IT IN ENGLISH DAWG!
Cole - THEY DID! RANJIN SAID WHAT HAPPENED IN ENGLISH! DO YOU NOT LEISTEN TO ANYTHING!?
Josh - Follow the divas on twitter. Follow Nattie and you’ll find out about her love for cats.
Josh - AJ calls herself SD’s Friendly Geek Goddess!
Cole - WHAT!?
Josh - Her favorite movie is Captain America.
Booker - I JUST SAW THAT! IT’S OFF THE CHAIN!
Josh - Booker, who was your idol?
Booker - Cowboy Scott Casey.
Cole - I THINK I SAW HIM IN HIS ‘60S!
Booker - Well, he was up there…back in World Class, the WWWF.
Cole - HOW MANY Ws are you gonna say!?
Booker - He was a hell of a guy. Still is. Good trainer too. I became a 10 time tag champ!
Booker - I look at Natalya and all I can say is SHUCKY DUCKY QUACK QUACK!
Nattie - Beth, I’m with you SISTER. The days of the cute, perky princesses are OVER!
Booker - THE VENOM OF ORTON IS POTENT!
Cole - Mr. Barrett, I think the LeBell Lock should be banned!
Barrett - Well, I have been dealing with some shoulder pain…
Cole - HERE’S MR. SNOOZEFEST! THE MAN WHO PUTS THE WORD BORE IN BORING!
Booker - MY BOY GOT SOME NEW MUSIC!
Cole - IT’S ABOUT AS BORING AS HIS LAST SONG!
Barrett - It makes me sick to my back teeth that he’s Mr. MITB.
Cole - ME TOO!
Booker - YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE!
Barrett - I find it thoroughly disgusting that he’s going to WM 28. If he wants to go there, he should buy a ticket.
Booker - The check I made in the main event of WM, I coulda retired.
Cole - The fact that Daniel Bryan is gonna be in the main event is a joke!
Barrett - THERE ISN’T A PERSON IN THE WWE UNIVERSE WHO CAN ARGUE THAT HE SHOULD BE IN THE WM MAIN EVENT INSTEAD OF ME!
Booker - THAT CHECK, THE DIGITS DAWG, I COULDA RETIRED!
Barrett - I wish you’d stop talking about it.
Josh - Kidd is overpowering Daniel Bryan AND THE WWE LIVE TOUR IS POWERED BY K-MART!
Josh - We were just having a conversation about how honorable Daniel Bryan is. Both Wade and Booker said that he would cash it in before WM.
Cole - TELL US HOW DANIEL BRYAN HELPED START NEXUS!
Barrett - DANIEL BRYAN WAS THE FIRST MAN IN NEXUS TO STAB ME IN THE BACK! I HAVEN’T FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT!
Booker - Seems like you’re still ticked about it.
Barrett - OF COURSE I AM. WOULDN’T YOU BE, INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHECK!?
Josh - Cole, for a year, you’ve insulted him, called him a nerd…
Cole - BECAUSE HE IS A NERD!
Josh - And he’s competing at WM for the World title!
Booker - Tyson Kidd’s got some big shoes to fill being one of the Harts and beating THE SUPAHERO DANIEL BRYAN!
Cole - SUPERNERD!
Booker - D-BRYAN IS LOCKED UP AND LOCKED UP TIGHT!
Barrett - I’m seeing holes in his games, AND I’M NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE, BUT I SEE THEM!
Booker - I don’t see many flaws in the game.
Barrett - Well he’s on his back right now!
Booker - HE’S IN THE ANACONDA!
Cole - WOO WOO WOO, BOO BOO BOO!
Cole - OH MY LORD!
Josh - What’s your problem with him?
Cole - HE’S A MORON!
ZR - Broskis and Broskettes - WELCOME TO ZACK TOWN! Last week, the ratings went through the roof and it’s because HHH made me the assistant GM of the show. WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT. It’s my first-ever state of the Showski address. (Zeke comes out)
Zeke - Zack, I know what you’re thinking - that I’m out here to rip your head off your shoulders. You put me in handicap match last week against Cody and Ted. But I’m not. I’m out here to discuss why did you put me in that match?
ZR - We talked about it - if you’re not cool with losing…
Zeke - We talked about you using your limited power to NOT make it a handicap match…
Cole - FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO CAN SPEAK! CODY AND TED!
Cody - Mr. Jackson, I believe the term is sour grapes. As a champion,t hat conduct is as unbecoming as SOME OF THE FACES I’M WITNESSING RIGHT NOW. But then again, you don’t really deserve to be a champion, do you? Ezekiel, when you lose that title, it also loses. You’re making it look bad. So the simplest of solutions - I defeat you and then something happens that hasn’t happens in some time - I resurrect its image just as I have resurrected the career of my friend, Ted DiBiase. Because when…
Zeke - YOU HAVEN’T RESURRECTED ANYTHING. All you’re doing is using Teddy. Teddy, I know what used looks like, you’re being used. In the Corre, I was only serving Wade’s ego until I shoved that ego down his throat. Honestly Ted, there’s nothing greater than freedom!
Cody - TED WANTS TO ASSOCIATE HIMSELF WITH ME BECAUSE HE WANTS A FUTURE. IT SADDENS ME THAT YOU’RE TURNING THE IC TITLE INTO A SHRINE TO MEDIOCRITY. Ted, you can beat the champ. It’s up to you and our esteemed assistant GM.
ZR - Let’s do it! (Teddy comes out)
Teddy - Broski! I don’t care what sounds good to you - it’s like I’ve told you time after time. You are NOT the assistant GM. YOU ARE MY ASSISTANT! And tonight, instead of making a match, you’ll be in one! AGAINST THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION, EZEKIEL JACKSON! Ted and Cody, you’re banned from ringside. WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!
Cole - What’s his show?
Josh - Z-Long Island Story.
Cole - The fact that Joey Styles and Scott Stanford appear on it says it all.
Josh - Zack calls that the Broski boot!
Booker - I thought it was the Woo Woo Woo?
Josh - He does the fist pump, then says Woo Woo Woo, THEN he does the Broski boot.
Cole - What does Woo Woo Woo mean?
Booker - It’s like HEY HEY HEY, Ya know, like What’s Happening back in the day.
Booker - Zeke reminds me of the ‘80s.
Cole - ANOTHER GREAT DATED REFERENCE!
Booker - I’m just sayin…
Josh - Zack called this show ZACKDOWN!
Josh - Kozlov is a Sambo master!
Booker - Mark Henry imposed his will on BIG VLAD!
Booker - Mark Henry just stifled him.
Sign - 420 lb bag of crap.
Booker - GOTTA GIVE IT TO SHEAMUS MANNING UP!
Sheamus - Henry, what kinda beast are ya? YOU TAKE PLEASURE IN ENDING A MAN’S LIVELYHOOD AND HIS WILL TO COMPETE IN THE WWE. HE DID THAT TO THE BIG SHOW, KANE, AND NOW KOZLOV. HENRY, YA BETTER THINK AGAIN CUZ IT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN TO ME. NOBODY CAN TAKE AWAY MY WILL OR MY PASSION TO COMPETE IN WWE. THERE’S A LOT OF REASONS WHY, BUT THE BIGGEST ONE IS BECAUSE I’M IRISH. I HAVE THE LUCK FO THE IRISH. I WAS BORN WITH A 24 KT HORSESHOE IN MY ARSE! IF I NEED TO, I CAN PULL IT OUT AND MAKE HIM SWIM WITH SHAMOO AND ALL HIS FRIENDS!
Josh - Trent Barreta was a lifelong member of the WWE Universe.
Booker - Otunga’s got it made. He’s got a beautiful woman and he’s one-half of the tag champs.
Cole - JOSH JUST SHOWED ME THAT YOU SENT OUT A TWEET THAT SAID I’M A TOOL. THE SAME THING HAPPENED ON RAW. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE GUTS TO SAY SOMETHING TO MY FACE!
Booker - I’LL SAY IT - YOU’RE A TOOL. YOU’RE HERE TO MAKE ME LOOK GOOD - THAT’S IT.
Josh - The Usos like to throw sticks of fire to each other to prepare for competition.
Cole - That’s smart…
Cole - Trent’s from Long Island right? So why doesn’t he act like a goof like Ryder?
Josh - They live on different sides of the island.
Booker - ME AND MY BROTHER USED TO DO A MOVE JUST LIKE THAT!
Cole - Here we go…
Curtis - You’ve seen me play on words, but the time for the playing to end…BECAUSE THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL! (Crickets chirp)
Cole - IT’LL BE PUNK-CENA FOR THE UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!
Truth - Don’t let the little Jimmies fool ya, Christian. I’M A GOOOOD R-TURTH. JUST LIKE MISTA H HURT YA LAST WEEK, I’M GONNA PUT A HURTIN ON ORTON FOR WHAT HE DID LAST WEEK. ORTON’S GONNA GET GOT, AND THAT’S THE TRUTH!
Christian - Who the hell is little Jimmy?
Booker - I’VE NEVER SEEN A MAN WIN THE WORLD TITLE VIA DQ!
Josh - HE’S THE ONLY MAN TO EVER WIN A WORLD TITLE VIA DQ!
Booker - THAT WAS AS QUICK AS MICHAEL COLE PASSIN A CHIP! THAT’S HOW QUICK THAT WAS!
Truth - HOW ‘YA LIKE THAT LITTLE JIMMIES!?
Booker - ORTON’S GOING TO THAT SPECIAL PLACE!
Booker - SIDEWALK SLAM BY CHRISTIAN!
Cole - Actually, it was a spinebuster.
Booker - Whatever, same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Regian']Need a refresher. Didn't Masters violate the Wellness Policy real early into his debut push? I remember that he kinda disappeared for a period for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Sure did. He also deflated when he got back, and HHH commented on it in a DX in-ring promo.

[quote name='mykevermin']*IF* they sign Cabana, he'll go down to entertainments reprogramming developmental.[/QUOTE]

You think so? Part of me wonders that (and to steal this from you) *IF* he is signed, you don't think they would take full advantage and toss him into the Punk storyline ASAP?

I started to watch the latest YouShoot with Perry Saturn last night. If you want to hear some stories, this is the video to watch. He talks about how him and Raven would play this game, where they would mix a bunch of pills up in a bottle and randomly take one, then try and guess by the buzz which pill they got. Also some crazy stories about being homeless, and stopping that rape that got him shot twice.

WWE didn't renew their trademark on NXT, so take that for what you will. They also didn't renew their trademark on Hornswoggle.

John Morrison will be at a Kmart in LA next week. Debating on going and getting an autograph for Shin.

[quote name='cdubb1605']You think so? Part of me wonders that (and to steal this from you) *IF* he is signed, you don't think they would take full advantage and toss him into the Punk storyline ASAP?[/QUOTE]

I absolutely think so.

A few weeks ago, someone noted that WWE planned on tossing Claudio and Chris Hero right into the TV mix, foregoing sending them to FCW for any period of time.

My response to you is the same as then: *nobody* avoids spending time in WWE's reeducation camp. Nobody.

Sin Cara didn't spend any time there - they just let him sit out for a while, which was pretty stupid in hindsight since he's struggled more than he should've with adapting to the WWE style. I think they'll at least spend some time there to get some footage of them doing cool moves and get used to the style and their inevitable new names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent much of my morning watching the first disc of the new Rey Mysterio DVD set and holy crap it is so good. It spans from ECW into ~2004 Smackdown and has some jaw dropping matches. Kidman/Mysterio vs. Haas/Benjamin is the best tag match I've watched in ages. It is immediately followed by Kurt Angle/Mysterio on Smackdown that is also amazing.

Watching it got me thinking though, if you could have one 9 hour, 3 disc compilation of a wrestler who doesn't have one yet, who would it be? My vote would probably go to Kurt Angle or Rick Rude.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE didn't renew their trademark on NXT, so take that for what you will. They also didn't renew their trademark on Hornswoggle.

John Morrison will be at a Kmart in LA next week. Debating on going and getting an autograph for Shin.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or does doing a signing at K-Mart sound like some sort of punishment. Signings at box office ticket sales and media events are one thing, but going down to a K-Mart.... just sounds ghetto.

Sorry if the use of the word ghetto offends anyone.

[quote name='Spyder187']Is it just me, or does doing a signing at K-Mart sound like some sort of punishment. Signings at box office ticket sales and media events are one thing, but going down to a K-Mart.... just sounds ghetto.

Sorry if the use of the word ghetto offends anyone.
[/QUOTE]

They have some sort of working deal with Kmart so I am less than shocked to hear it. I was a bit surprised to hear that Sheamus did a signing last week before Smackdown at a Cricket cellphone store.

[quote name='Scorch']WWE didn't renew their trademark on NXT, so take that for what you will. They also didn't renew their trademark on Hornswoggle.

John Morrison will be at a Kmart in LA next week. Debating on going and getting an autograph for Shin.[/QUOTE]

Punk will be at the Hollywood Hot Topic too. Oh, sweet irony.

[quote name='Halo05']Yes, same family.[/QUOTE]

Great film, if you have not seen it. Aren't there three Bells in wrestling? One of them passed away a few years back; it Mike, I seem to recall.

:rofl: @ Punk signing at Hot Topic. The WWE Universe™ won't see the irony, but any ex-punk rock kid over the age of 27 should be able to.

[quote name='mykevermin']Great film, if you have not seen it. Aren't there three Bells in wrestling? One of them passed away a few years back; it Mike, I seem to recall.

:rofl: @ Punk signing at Hot Topic. The WWE Universe™ won't see the irony, but any ex-punk rock kid over the age of 27 should be able to.[/QUOTE]

Personally I love the fact that he comes out to cult of personality and all the kids who hated him just a few months ago are starting to mark for him. If you go to youtube and try and watch Living Colors music video on youtube for it all of them are flooded with kids(and their obviously kids because their all like WOW these guys are black!)talking about CM Punk and none of them really understand the video. Its really sad but really funny too.

I wish I could talk to CM Punk and hear his take on things. I mean the guy is immensely talented and the WWE could have used him being straight edge to get a great message out to kids. Instead they pushed that druggie loser Jeff Hardy and let CM Punk slip through the cracks. Now he is finally getting a push, but it just seems so opposite of how I imagine he is in person. I just wonder if he takes all this in stride, hates the fans, sees how hilarious this all is or what.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Personally I love the fact that he comes out to cult of personality and all the kids who hated him just a few months ago are starting to mark for him. If you go to youtube and try and watch Living Colors music video on youtube for it all of them are flooded with kids(and their obviously kids because their all like WOW these guys are black!)talking about CM Punk and none of them really understand the video. Its really sad but really funny too.
[/QUOTE]

The second RAW ended two weeks ago I made a beeline to the video on youtube. I laughed my ass off at the dozens of "thumbs up here if CM Punk brought you here" posts that had just been made in that 5 minutes. The marks are nothing if not predictable.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I mean the guy is immensely talented and the WWE could have used him being straight edge to get a great message out to kids. Instead they pushed that druggie loser Jeff Hardy and let CM Punk slip through the cracks.[/QUOTE]

Remnants of the Attitude Era? People with Punk's lifestyle have made better heels than faces since Austin had his first beer on TV. See Angle, Kurt.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Now he is finally getting a push, but it just seems so opposite of how I imagine he is in person. I just wonder if he takes all this in stride, hates the fans, sees how hilarious this all is or what.[/QUOTE]
I rather get the impression that it is. Hate the fans is strongly-worded, but a lot of the talk about the fans in that first promo he cut is directly lifted from what he said in Colt Cabana's 2nd podcast.

PPV should be pretty good tonight.. 3 way with Aries, Shelley and Kendrick should be MOTN. I'm betting on RVD beating Crimson and going to BFG to face the champ. With BFG being in Philly and all it'd be stupid as hell having Crimson main event it.

Accounts I've read of who Punk is as a person point to the kind of dude who is so straight edge he'll fuck your girlfriend for the fun of it (wait, what were the lyrics to "Out of Step" again?). He's crazy narcissistic and wouldn't give you the time of day.

I don't know if any of that is true, but I've met precious, precious few sXe people who weren't holier than thou condescending assholes. Granted, I grew up during the Courage Crew era, so take that for what it's worth. I mean, at worst, on a scale of 1-to-Monster-Crew-Kid-With-a-Sword, he's a 4.

But let's not exalt the guy to genius status. He's entertaining, he's an excellent wrestler, he says on teevee what we have been saying for years. But I want to meet some dude who wants to slum it with me. Sit down, shoot the shit, have a beer (or cola). I met Umaga at a bar years ago (close to 8-9 now), when he was one of "The Island Boyz" with Kimo (or Rosie, if you prefer). This was pre-3 Minute Warning and well before Umaga. He worked in front of 60 people in a warehouse every Tuesday and once a month at a show in a barn "County Fairgrounds." He wasn't too good to bum smokes off my friends, but he was a total cunt to my younger brother, who just wanted an autograph. If you're too good for a fan when you wrestle in front of a crowd roughly the size of McDonald's 2nd shift, then fuck you. Good thing he's dead.

Anyway, more to the point on Punk - maybe he's fine for conversation, and maybe he's a backstabbing political player with a monumentally huge ego just like the person named Triple H that we all despise so much. Why don't we go back in time and ask a freshly future endeavored Scotty Goldman what he thinks of Punk, and not the modern era "Punk's pulling for me on tv" Colt Cabana what he thinks of Punk?

Actually I listened to one of the AOW where Cabana said he didn't harbor any bad feelings towards Punk when he got let go and Punk stayed. Whether or not that is true is beyond me, don't get me wrong I would have a hard time watching one of my closest friends on Wrestlemania shows or facing The Undertaker, meanwhile I'm wrestling in front of a couple hundred people (at best) and doing the JCW thing (which apparently Cabana loves doing). I had a point a minute ago, but damn this hangover has every part of me killed.... basically in a roundabout way I think he would've been stupid to not feel some resentment and jealousy of Punk at that point. It is pure human nature to feel that way, there is a fine line between being proud of your friends and being jealous of them at times I would say the two go hand in hand.

Shame on you Myke! You broke the silence.

I was hoping we would make it through the entire PPV with no new posts until Jay's recap.

[quote name='mykevermin']lollll. Juggalo wrestling might as well be having a PPV tonight on account of the discussion here, not Tee-enn-ayy.[/QUOTE]

Ya beat me to it myke, I was about to post on TNA and how they have a PPV tonight. Must be riveting to a point where we all can't pull ourselves away from it.

Oh, it's only because we're sheep who are brand loyal to WWE, and not because Impact continues to put out a plot-hole ridden, uninteresting, wrestling-doesn't-mean-shit product.[/trakan]

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, it's only because we're sheep who are brand loyal to WWE, and not because Impact continues to put out a plot-hole ridden, uninteresting, wrestling-doesn't-mean-shit product.[/trakan][/QUOTE]

My whole point was that WWE does the same shit yet nobody says anything. I think it's pretty well known which one I prefer. Even if I thought both were complete shit, I'd take the one with the better roster. Other than the Punk storyline, I think your quote can describe most of what WWE puts out today. You even pointed out a whole shitload of things that were wrong with the Punk/Cena feud itself.

I can't believe I forgot about sting and robocop, those were the days. All the fun is gone out of wrestling.

TNA puts on the most boring and uninteresting PPVs each and every month. It's obvious from their buy rates that no one else gives a crap about their PPVs either. They get what, a million people a week for TV and can only do 8,000 or less each PPV? That's embarrassing.

From reports, Sting and Angle was a good match, but I'm not spending $40ish to see a decent 15 minute match. I'd rather buy ROH or Dragon Gate tickets.

[quote name='Blackout']TNA puts on the most boring and uninteresting PPVs each and every month. It's obvious from their buy rates that no one else gives a crap about their PPVs either. They get what, a million people a week for TV and can only do 8,000 or less each PPV? That's embarrassing.

From reports, Sting and Angle was a good match, but I'm not spending $40ish to see a decent 15 minute match. I'd rather buy ROH or Dragon Gate tickets.[/QUOTE]

I think one of their lowest buyrates was last summer when Slammiversay only got like 5,000 buys. They don't try and stop streams the way WWE does so they probably have a decent number of viewers, just no one paying for it.

[quote name='Trakan']My whole point was that WWE does the same shit yet nobody says anything. I think it's pretty well known which one I prefer. Even if I thought both were complete shit, I'd take the one with the better roster. Other than the Punk storyline, I think your quote can describe most of what WWE puts out today. You even pointed out a whole shitload of things that were wrong with the Punk/Cena feud itself.[/QUOTE]

Right, I get that. I'm just taking the piss, not being a total jerk in your direction.

But if your point is that both promotions are the drizzling shits, it doesn't make much sense to point to one group of people and say "they're only criticizing one promotion" when you're doing the same in the opposite direction.

I wish both promotions were awesome so we could have heated debates about which show is better, who is the best champ on what roster. Instead it's like we have 8 hours of wasted potential in tv programming each week, that's it.

Shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back