The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I get gift receipts for all three games, is it then possible to return them for some other stuff?

I'd really love to get some PSP games (namely X-Men Legends 2 and GTA: Liberty City Stories) and this seems like a good way to include them in the deal, through a very roundabout method.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't think so. It's not a coupon you cut out. It's more of a laminated card attached to the ad.

On a personal note, I'm thinking of getting Shadow of the Colossus, Battlefield 2: MC, and can't think of the third. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of a new release, and already have SOCOM 3 and not interested in Soul Calibur 3 (hated the PS2 controller for SC2, hopefully it'll get released on Cube later on).[/QUOTE]

hey dude -- just a quick note that SC3 isn't likely to make it to any other console. Sony engineered the deal to bring it to PS2, so it really is an exclusive and I doubt either Microsoft or Nintendo are actively courting Namco to get it on their machines right now.

Why not MGS3:Subsistence? That's def. one game I'd like to get my mitts on. Or, Ninja Gaiden Black?

[quote name='romeogbs19']hey dude -- just a quick note that SC3 isn't likely to make it to any other console. Sony engineered the deal to bring it to PS2, so it really is an exclusive and I doubt either Microsoft or Nintendo are actively courting Namco to get it on their machines right now.

Why not MGS3:Subsistence? That's def. one game I'd like to get my mitts on. Or, Ninja Gaiden Black?[/QUOTE]

MGS3:Subsistence won't be out until Mar. 06.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Why not MGS3:Subsistence?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because this sale won't still be going on in early 2006?

[quote name='romeogbs19']hey dude -- just a quick note that SC3 isn't likely to make it to any other console. Sony engineered the deal to bring it to PS2, so it really is an exclusive and I doubt either Microsoft or Nintendo are actively courting Namco to get it on their machines right now.

Why not MGS3:Subsistence? That's def. one game I'd like to get my mitts on. Or, Ninja Gaiden Black?[/QUOTE]

You mean just like RE4 was exclusive to Gamecube, right? If Namco wants to make money, they'll release SC3 on other consoles sometime down the road.

I stopped by my local TRU today and they still haven't gotten Doom 3:RoE for Xbox yet. D'oh. I may have to get Mercenaries as my third $29.99 game even though I picked it up a couple weeks back for $19.99 at BB. We'll see...

[quote name='.JPG']I'm not really into looking through this whole thread to find out or not, but are DS included in this sale?[/QUOTE]

Look at the title of the thread.

[quote name='Roufuss']If I get gift receipts for all three games, is it then possible to return them for some other stuff?

I'd really love to get some PSP games (namely X-Men Legends 2 and GTA: Liberty City Stories) and this seems like a good way to include them in the deal, through a very roundabout method.[/QUOTE]
Now THAT'S using your noggin. I like the idea... but I guess we'll hafta wait and see how it flies in practice. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Roufuss']If I get gift receipts for all three games, is it then possible to return them for some other stuff?

I'd really love to get some PSP games (namely X-Men Legends 2 and GTA: Liberty City Stories) and this seems like a good way to include them in the deal, through a very roundabout method.[/QUOTE]

In my experience; using the gift receipt just resulted in store credit for the amount of the original purchase. I think the individual gift receipts for the three games would just get you $33.33 ea. in store credit and not another $50.00 game. Of course YMMV.

I'm thinking of getting Digital Devil Saga 2, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and Shining Force Neo. 3 games that I really want that don't sound as likely to receive significant price drops. Sound idea?

[quote name='Sway']Look at the title of the thread.[/QUOTE]

I guess people just enter threads with no clue, and its kind of a game for them to figure out what the deal is, since they dont want to look at the topic title.

[quote name='cartman414']I'm thinking of getting Digital Devil Saga 2, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and Shining Force Neo. 3 games that I really want that don't sound as likely to receive significant price drops. Sound idea?[/QUOTE]

I guess. Most of those games probably won't recieve pricedrops for a while.

Darn it, if only money grew on trees.

Anyway, I will probably get.

Soul Calibur 3
Shadow of the Colossus
Shining Force Neo

I hope that Toys r'us gets SC3 on time before the sale is over.

YMMV on this, but last year I did the b2g1 deal, returned one and got $50 in store credit.

[quote name='jetlag16']I guess. Most of those games probably won't recieve pricedrops for a while.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. 2 of the 3 I chose are Atlus published RPGs, and we know how those go.

Be sure to look behind the counter if you're looking for the new releases. The last couple of years at this sale, none of the real new releases were on the shelf yet, but were in the glass case behind the counter. They were probably trying to get rid of all the old games. Just a little tip for you.

Another good idea to help look for a game that may be in stock but isn't on the floor yet is to go to www.toysrus.com & seach for the game. They have the SKN for each game in the description which is the same as the SKN B&M. Very helpful for employees who ain't very good with looking stuff up on the computer & to also force an employee to have to look something up instead of just saying something like if it ain't on the floor we don't have it :D

[quote name='angsto2']In my experience; using the gift receipt just resulted in store credit for the amount of the original purchase. I think the individual gift receipts for the three games would just get you $33.33 ea. in store credit and not another $50.00 game. Of course YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Actually the free game rings up for $0 so if you are going to do this make sure the free game is one that you really want to keep. The other two games you actually paid for will be able to exchange for $50 credit. How do I know? This is how they did it for the past three years, if they change it this year, then it's news to me...

Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but how good is TRU with the release dates? Let's use SCIII and RE4 as examples...they're SUPPOSED to be in stores by 10/25, so does this mean that they should be at TRU by the 25th?

I'm just asking because I don't want to make multiple trips.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but how good is TRU with the release dates? Let's use SCIII and RE4 as examples...they're SUPPOSED to be in stores by 10/25, so does this mean that they should be at TRU by the 25th?

I'm just asking because I don't want to make multiple trips.[/QUOTE]

Generally with smaller releases games will be in-store the day they are suppose to be. But you have to wait until UPS/DHL/etc have all been to the store for the store to have what you are looking for. Sometimes though we don't get merchandise in until the day after release but that's actually very uncommon.

Major, major, major releases (Madden, NBA Live, Pokemon, Mario, etc) are in-store before the release date and are held until the release date.

[quote name='Zon27']Generally with smaller releases games will be in-store the day they are suppose to be. But you have to wait until UPS/DHL/etc have all been to the store for the store to have what you are looking for. Sometimes though we don't get merchandise in until the day after release but that's actually very uncommon.

Major, major, major releases (Madden, NBA Live, Pokemon, Mario, etc) are in-store before the release date and are held until the release date.[/QUOTE]

And if they don't have the game on the release date it's usually there the next day. So if SC 3 isn't there on the 25th, they latest they should get it is the 27th.

[quote name='MadFlava']And if they don't have the game on the release date it's usually there the next day. So if SC 3 isn't there on the 25th, they latest they should get it is the 27th.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear, thanks. Perhaps I'll just call up my TRU to see if they're gonna be in by the 25th.

[quote name='iflabs']I got Ace Combat 5 and GTA:SA on their release day last year (10/25)..............[/QUOTE]

Those were two I was going to pick up during this sale last year, but opted for a few $20 games instead. (Actually, the wife "coerced" me)

hold up has toys r us aknowledged the 49.99 dollar B2G1 free sale to the public yet b/c other than these forums all ive been hearing is that no they're only doing the 20 dollar B2G1 free deal

[quote name='Southberm']hold up has toys r us aknowledged the 49.99 dollar B2G1 free sale to the public yet b/c other than these forums all ive been hearing is that no they're only doing the 20 dollar B2G1 free deal[/QUOTE]

That deal was a couple weeks ago. This deal is different.

[quote name='Southberm']hold up has toys r us aknowledged the 49.99 dollar B2G1 free sale to the public yet b/c other than these forums all ive been hearing is that no they're only doing the 20 dollar B2G1 free deal[/QUOTE]

No official notice to the public. That will be in Sunday's paper, maybe a day or two before via other mediums.

It is happening THIS sunday, however. :D

A mid thread FAQ:

The GT glitch is still active and can be used in this sale.
GLITCH:
If you buy two green tagged games, and a third game that is the same price (before discount), the non-GT game rings up free if its scanned last. Basically, it ignores the green tag discount until after the B2G1F is settled.

So for example, I could bring up TimeSplitters: FP ($50 GT), Chaos Theory ($50 GT), and Battalion Wars, and if they ring them up in that order, Battalion Wars would be free.
Apparently so?

There is no price limit on this sale (ex. you can still purchase the $19.99 and under games)
Sources say yes?

There is a '$10 off $50 purchase' coupon in Sundays paper which may or may not be used with this sale.
Es muy bueno!!!

A mob of soccor moms and 35 year old Comic Book Shop Guys will be struggling for victory at 9:00am when the doors open as to who gets the most copies of Triggerman and Trivial Pursuit to put in their eBay store.
Nah they got em all at the b2g1free $19.99 and under sale. why, weren't you there?

all correct? corrections? corleone? SONNY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Sway']Look at the title of the thread.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, the only reason I asked though was because people where saying "Does it include DS games" and I wasn't sure if the title was recently updated, I just wanted to ask to make sure before I would run out to my TRU.

[quote name='.JPG']Oh, I see, the only reason I asked though was because people where saying "Does it include DS games" and I wasn't sure if the title was recently updated, I just wanted to ask to make sure before I would run out to my TRU.[/QUOTE]

I try to keep the topic updated as I confirm stuff with my store director.

I can't wait to pick up games using the B2G1 deal... I'm going to get two copies of the Midway Arcade Treasures 2 promo copies and get the third free.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but how good is TRU with the release dates? Let's use SCIII and RE4 as examples...they're SUPPOSED to be in stores by 10/25, so does this mean that they should be at TRU by the 25th?

I'm just asking because I don't want to make multiple trips.[/QUOTE]
I think it depends, last year I picked up GTA: SA, Burnout 3, and DOA: Ultimate at the sale, and even though DOA: Ultimate was released that week they didn't get it till SATURDAY (last day the promo was running). So I guess it depends, SCIII and RE4 are pretty big titles though so I have a feeling they'll be there probably in the middle of the week.

This year I will probably roll with Sims 2, Shadow of the Colloseus, and Stubbs the Zombie, altho there's a toss up between Stubbs and RE4 on PS2. I might get a Gamecube down the road, so it might be better to experience RE4 on that. Anyone know if the PS2 version has been really butchered or not?

[quote name='ohvermie']I might get a Gamecube down the road, so it might be better to experience RE4 on that. Anyone know if the PS2 version has been really butchered or not?[/QUOTE]It's not butchered. I've actually had the opportunity to spend some time with this one already. The extra features are cool but the gameplay doesn't feel as tight and I actually prefer the GameCube graphics. The player models are sharper on the PS2 but the backgrounds are very blocky and suffered in translation. Also the GameCube did a better job with fog effects.

I prefer the GameCube version.

The PS2 version has sharper characters? Really? That's weird since the PS2 version looks inferior in all ways to me- especially the characters. The game still looks good though, I'm surprised Capcom is doing such a great job with a port. Plus, PS2 owners get true widescreen (not that letterbox crap we got).

But as you said, the controls are what I figured would be the problem with RE4 on the PS2... I pretty much figured it wouldn't be as nice to play on the PS2.

:( at no DS games included. Now I have to decide if I want to do a return buy.

I am definitely going to try and get Shadow of Colussus and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, but there isn't any thing else I want on the eligable systems.

There's 4 games I want on DS.

SWEET. Why did I think this deal started next Monday? Now I can hit up Toys R Us either before or after the Vikings game. Hopefully, they will have Stubbs and Shining Force NEO in stock....

[quote name='JoMasta']Is it known if you can mix and match consoles? I assume yes in store and no online? Does anyone know this?[/QUOTE]

Don't know for sure, but in the past that is the way it was.

Im going to ask again because I didnt see a response from the last post. Is the $10 off $50 coupon confirmed for the sunday newspapers?

[quote name='JoMasta']Is it known if you can mix and match consoles? I assume yes in store and no online? Does anyone know this?[/QUOTE]
yes in store and no online

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Im going to ask again because I didnt see a response from the last post. Is the $10 off $50 coupon confirmed for the sunday newspapers?[/QUOTE]

i got it with my LA Times last sunday :lol:

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Im going to ask again because I didnt see a response from the last post. Is the $10 off $50 coupon confirmed for the sunday newspapers?[/QUOTE]

I never meant this coming Sunday. I meant LAST Sunday. Might be in the ad at the actual store, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back