The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I still don't live in California. Out there I worked at a newspaper, and had access to ads weeks (months sometimes) in advance. The one perk i really miss about that job, aside from supervising non-english speaking employees.

I sure sould be much more useful around these parts if i still had that job.

wait... do you need to present an ad/coupon to get the deal..?
I'll be getting my Shining Force NEO/Soul Calibur III/Spartan 3 pack and Ratchet Deadlocked/Jak X/Inuyasha (or Shadow of the Collosus) 3 pack!

so, anyone know 'bout the coupon thingy...? =)
thanks!

[quote name='sp00ge']No coupon for the b2g1 deal. As for the $10 coupon, this is news to me.[/QUOTE]
Can you use it in combination w/ B2G1 AND Green Tag?! That would kick ass, and I would love TRU forever :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and nice Hogan's Alley sig ;)

Here is my sets for the sale:

The Warriors (ps2)
Fire Emblem
Shadow of the Colosseus

Then, on the 25th -

Soul Calibur 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Resident Evil 4 (ps2)

[quote name='Roufuss']Here is my sets for the sale:

The Warriors (ps2)
Dragonball Tenkachi
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (ps2)

Fire Emblem
????
Shadow of the Colosseus

Then, on the 25th -

Soul Calibur 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Resident Evil 4 (ps2)

Any suggestions for the ??? game? Can't really think of something to fill that gap. Maybe I'll get Shining Force Neo, but I don't know if TRU will get it in.[/QUOTE]

Stubbes: The Zombie? Picked mine up but yet to play it. Looks good tho. If not that maybe Blitz: The League or BF2: MC.

Actually, Tony Hawk is getting fairly average reviews, so I'll just wait on a price drop.

I revised my other post to condense it a little, decided to just go for six games I really want and wait on price drops on the others.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I never meant this coming Sunday. I meant LAST Sunday. Might be in the ad at the actual store, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had known that. It would have been a lot easier to track down a copy of last Sunday's paper on Monday than it will be tomorrow.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Can you use it in combination w/ B2G1 AND Green Tag?! That would kick ass, and I would love TRU forever :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and nice Hogan's Alley sig ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll bug my store director tomorrow and try to get some answers about this coupon. Most likely not, but hey, you never know with TRU.

AND don't forget about the glitch as well...

Ace Combat 5 (49.99GT) + *Some other 49.99GT game* + *a brand new $49.99 game*(Free) @50% - $10.00 = w000000t!! $39.99 (or $13.33 per game)

That would be pure sweetness.

And thanks... it's a sig pic I threw together a while back and pretty much collected dust, along with about 20 other old and retired sig pics of mine from other forums. :D

Sweet I'll be picking up the following

Battlefield 2: MC (Xbox)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Fire Emblem: PoR (GC)

Now I must decide again on what games to pick up: Fire Emblem, Mario Power Tennis, and Mario Kart: DD or Mario Baseball. Tough choices on the last one.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']does any two other people want to grab 3 copies of Fire emblem and split em' up for $33 a piece?[/QUOTE]

It will cost about $108 with tax for three fire emblems. Plus some more for shipping.

[quote name='Over easy']Now I must decide again on what games to pick up: Fire Emblem, Mario Power Tennis, and Mario Kart: DD or Mario Baseball. Tough choices on the last one.[/QUOTE]

I would pick up Mario Baseball because DD will drop in price first (eventually). Who knows maybe there will be a BF deal on it.

There are too many RPG's this year. I can't afford them all. I was putting my list together of games for the B2G1 sale and there are just too many!

No I know some of what I'm listing aren't RPG's but more action or tactical but I'll lump them into the group. Here are just the PS2 Games.

Makai Kingdom
DDS2
Radiatia Stories
Shining Force Neo
Three Kingdoms X
Stella Deus
Shining Tears

Stuff I'm not that interested in.
Romancing Kingdoms
Colosseum
Arc the Lad
FMA 1 & 2

Stuff I already own.
Growlanser Generations
Y's
Atelier Iris
Suikoden 4

Stuff for the other platforms I want to get.
Fire Emblem (GC)
Xmen 2 (Xbox)
KotOR2 (Xbox)
Fable Lost Age (PC)

And then all the stuff that Comes out late this year or early next.
Dragon Quest 8
FF Dirge
Grandia III
Kingdom Hearts 2
Magna Carta
Shadow Hearts 3
Suikoden 5
Suikoden Tactics
Tales of Legendia
Wild Arms 4
Wild Arms Code F
Zelda Twilight

And don't get me started on the GBA.
Riviera
KH Chain of Memories
FE Sacred Stones
Minish Cap
Lunar

There's just tooooooo much in RPG's over the next six months. It's like overload.

Ok so how much of a pain in the ass would it be to pick up a random $50 game as a third (Planning on Soul Calibur 3 & RE4 (PS2)) and return it to get GTA: LCS for PSP?
-G

So I just bought:

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ bongo controller
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Burnout Revenge
Ninja Gaiden Black
X-Men Legends XBX
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection XBX

I had the $49.99 and up games put on a seperate receipt and the $29.99 and under games put on their own receipt.

I was told by an employee at my local TRU, who seemed sharp and honest, that I could just come in with the receipts on Sunday and get the cost of one $49.99 game and one $19.99 game (plus applicable taxes) removed from the receipts without even having to bring the games in.

This is accurate, correct?

[quote name='Gaming-Module']
I was told by an employee at my local TRU, who seemed sharp and honest, that I could just come in with the receipts on Sunday and get the cost of one $49.99 game and one $19.99 game (plus applicable taxes) removed from the receipts without even having to bring the games in.

This is accurate, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I've done that with toy items. A receipt is all that you need to get a price adjustment/correction.

[quote name='italianstallion']Can you buy now, take them back a month later and get xbox 360 games? Someone was telling me you could, but i dont believe it.[/QUOTE]

I sort of doubt it, mostly since the deal is good only for GC, PS2, and Xbox games. Xbox 360 isn't part of the deal. Personally I think the scam to "buy another game and then exchange it later on" is lame and we already discussed this somewhere in the middle of this thread.

[quote name='spideymike']. Personally I think the scam to "buy another game and then exchange it later on" is lame and we already discussed this somewhere in the middle of this thread.[/QUOTE]

How is it a scam? The store isn't losing anything at all, and no one is taking advantage of anyone else. You're just getting something different while giving back what you had... it's not like TRU is being shafted in this deal.

The green tag glitch, yea, that could be abused, but I don't really see how returning something for something else is a "scam".

[quote name='italianstallion']so you can buy the games now, then go back sunday and get your $ back?[/QUOTE]

This is what two local TRU employees told me and I just confirmed it with DealsRus.

I'm paranoid though so I haven't opened any of the games yet.

[quote name='Roufuss']How is it a scam? The store isn't losing anything at all, and no one is taking advantage of anyone else. You're just getting something different while giving back what you had... it's not like TRU is being shafted in this deal.

The green tag glitch, yea, that could be abused, but I don't really see how returning something for something else is a "scam".[/QUOTE]

Agree, it's not a scam, TRU is still getting $100 of your money. In fact every year, the TRU saleperson always encourages me to get gift receipts so I can get the later holiday releases.

I would of prefered DS games in the deal.

I may actually have to skip this one seeing as I don't feel like spending a $100 on games. There is nothing that I really really want, and as fast as games drop in price, I can hold out.... :)

EDIT:

If I were to get in on this, I would probably of went with:

Warriors
Socom III
& Soul Calibur III

Although, I didn't play Socom II too often and Soul Calibur III would eventually get boring without online, so the only game I would play is probably the Warriors which will be $30 soon enough.

[quote name='Roufuss']How is it a scam? The store isn't losing anything at all, and no one is taking advantage of anyone else. You're just getting something different while giving back what you had... it's not like TRU is being shafted in this deal.

The green tag glitch, yea, that could be abused, but I don't really see how returning something for something else is a "scam".[/QUOTE]

According to my store director, he doesn't give much of a damn about the GT glitch. If it moves the GT merchandise out of the store, then by all means, glitch away.

So does the green tag glitch only work with two green tag games? Or can I pick up one green tag game and two regular games?

[quote name='chamber715']So does the green tag glitch only work with two green tag games? Or can I pick up one green tag game and two regular games?[/QUOTE]

It will work with only one GT game, as long as it's original price is still greater than or equal to the other games in price. I've found several $49.99GT games to pick up, in addition to a new 49.99 game as well.

Why would you want to do the green tag trick with $50 games though? I mean 2 50 green tags means your getting 3 games for $50....but 2 of your games now suck. Id rather have 3 $50 games for $100 then sell the 3rd for $40 sealed.

Ill probably grab
X-men Legends 2
X-men Legends 2
Fire Emblem

and ill sell one of the Legends 2 to someone for 40, so not only did i only pay 60 for 2 $50 games, but ill have 1 more person to play legends 2 with online :)

[quote name='Weedy649']Why would you want to do the green tag trick with $50 games though? I mean 2 50 green tags means your getting 3 games for $50....but 2 of your games now suck. Id rather have 3 $50 games for $100 then sell the 3rd for $40 sealed.

Ill probably grab
X-men Legends 2
X-men Legends 2
Fire Emblem

and ill sell one of the Legends 2 to someone for 40, so not only did i only pay 60 for 2 $50 games, but ill have 1 more person to play legends 2 with online :)[/QUOTE]

Because 2 of the games may suck but your still getting 3 for $50.

Your paying $100 for 3 games the way you're doing it. When if you did the glitch then you could get 6 games for $100 (4 sucky ones, 2 X-men Legends 2) and that way you sell off the 4 you don't want to recover the cost of what you spent. Lets say you sell the 4 GT ones for $25 each, then you gain back the $100 you spent for the 2 copies of X-men Legends 2, basically making them pretty close to being free (minus gas/taxes). So I don't see why anyone wouldn't take advantage of this glitch.

[quote name='spideymike']Yep. I've done that with toy items. A receipt is all that you need to get a price adjustment/correction.[/QUOTE]

Is this 100% true?? I didn't see it on the 'Store Policy' section of their website.

I will be babysitting all weekend, and I thought I could but three (or six) games tonight to help pass the time. But only is I know I can definitely get the adjustment next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
-Max

[quote name='MaxDillon']Is this 100% true?? I didn't see it on the 'Store Policy' section of their website.

I will be babysitting all weekend, and I thought I could but three (or six) games tonight to help pass the time. But only is I know I can definitely get the adjustment next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
-Max[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't have a problem. I have never had a problem. I did it last year with this sale and I also did it for some green tag games this year.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Here's a question... If yu get 2 $40 games and the teller scans a $50 game last will that $50 game ring up free?

That may be something worth testing.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make much sense, I mean... why would they ring up the most expensive game for free? You always get the lowest value game for free.:D

[quote name='Vinny']That doesn't make much sense, I mean... why would they ring up the most expensive game for free? You always get the lowest value game for free.:D[/QUOTE]

Exactly... The only way you get the last ringed item for free is if it is equal to or less than the first two items scanned.

[this thread really should be stopped and restarted when the sale actually starts]
It is lame, if and only if that game you buy now is one someone else would have wanted to get and play. If you buy Barbie Princess Funhouse just to exchange it later for Mega Street Death, so that when I go, there are no Barbie Princess Funhouses left for me to buy (and I am a hardcore Barbie gamer), then it is lame because you are taking away my enjoyment so a game can sit on your shelf and you save a piddling amount of money. And Toys R Us loses my sale since I have to go elsewhere to buy Barbie Princess Funhouse.
[/this thread really should be stopped and restarted when the sale actually starts]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back