The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ComTruise']So I can buy Soul Calibur III ($50), Resident Evil 4 ($40), and get anything else for free as long as it's cheaper than the other two or equal to $40?[/QUOTE]
Isnt that what we said at least 3 times in the last 5 minutes? :?

Went to varios TRUs 2day and bought multiple copies of D2R2. Traded in at Gamerush and got $300 plus credit for a PSP and a Memory stick. Left plenty of D2R2 for other CAGs.

[quote name='ComTruise']So I can buy Soul Calibur III ($50), Resident Evil 4 ($40), and get anything else for free as long as it's cheaper than the other two or equal to $40?[/QUOTE]

Yes. As long as it's PS2/Xbox/GCN.

My bad, it's just other people keep giving me the different side of the story, telling me I have to buy TWO games of the SAME price in order to get the free game of equal or less value. I wasn't sure who to believe...

I am just curious....has anyone else been able to purchase a copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 for this sale or am I the only one?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Went to varios TRUs 2day and bought multiple copies of D2R2. Traded in at Gamerush and got $300 plus credit for a PSP and a Memory stick. Left plenty of D2R2 for other CAGs.[/QUOTE]

dont really see the point.. what was D2R2 pulling in compair to what you paid

i went in today and tried to grab 3 Fire el. for the gamecube (1 for me one for cousin and 1 for trades) and person said limit 1 title per person....

so now i got to find 2 other games.. i think they do this to make more money cause now my cousin will have to buy 3 games instead of 1

[quote name='slidecage']dont really see the point.. what was D2R2 pulling in compair to what you paid[/QUOTE]

He paid $10, it trades in for $27 at Gamerush

Anyone else notice that Shining Force Neo seems to have been pushed back. It's coming up as being able to ship on December 23. Yikes! is this possible or are they just completely wrong with that estimate? Has anyone seen this game elsewhere or purchased it yet?

[quote name='slidecage']dont really see the point.. what was D2R2 pulling in compair to what you paid

i went in today and tried to grab 3 Fire el. for the gamecube (1 for me one for cousin and 1 for trades) and person said limit 1 title per person....

so now i got to find 2 other games.. i think they do this to make more money cause now my cousin will have to buy 3 games instead of 1[/QUOTE]

That's messed up. I know they say they have the right to limit quantities and I could see why they would have a problem if someone like an independent video game store owner came in and wanted to buy 20+ copies but 1 title a person is horrible. Especially because people use this sale to buy holiday gifts for friends and family and might need more than 1 copy of a game.

I just got back. Picked up the following...

Xenosaga II
Dead 2 Rights 2
Guilty Gear Isuka

I then went to Wal-mart and exchanged D2R2 for Capcom Classic Collection. I don't care for the D2R series.

Well I was going to get Fire Emblem, Shadows of Collosus, and either God of War or Metal Slug 4 but my toysrus hasn't even recieved shadows of collosus yet. I could understand if it was sold out, but to not have recieved any copies yet after its been out a week. So I went home empty handed, guess I'll call em every couple of days to see when they recieve SC, by that time they will probably be out of fire emblems....

[quote name='Gosha']I just got back. Picked up the following...

Xenosaga II
Dead 2 Rights 2
Guilty Gear Isuka

I then went to Wal-mart and exchanged D2R2 for Capcom Classic Collection. I don't care for the D2R series.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart's site says that D2R2 for Xbox is $20 while the PS2 version is $50. Very odd indeed.

EDIT: And the PS2 version is also $20 in store.

I went and got...

Fire emblem(gc)
Socom 3(ps2)
and Burnout Revenge(X-box)

I wanted Shadow of Colossus too but they said they didnt have any in stock which was kinda wierd I thought too...I am waiting to exchange Burnout for it though when they get it!

Today I picked up for Xbox:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Mercenaries

Plus, I got to use the $10 off a $50+ coupon, as well as $30 price credit and a $20 TRU Visa Geoffrey bucks. Total cost = $1. :cool:

My TRU didn't have Doom 3: RoE or Fable: The Lost Chapter, so I picked up an extra Mercenaries. I already bought one from BB when it was on sale for $20, but I still have it sealed. I may trade it to a CAG or return it.

Oh! Also, one guy ahead of me in line was able to get the deal for 3 PSP games, too. Apparently he called ahead and someone from Customer Service told him it included PSP games even though in store they (and I as well) told him that the deal wasn't for PSP titles. He nicely asked and they still gave him the deal, though CS made sure the other workers there that they aren't on sale in case anyone else asks. Just FYI.

anyone know if it's just my place or every toysrus, but how come donkey konga 2 and donkey kong jungle beat aren't part of the deal?

i picked up dead to rights 2 for both xbox and ps2, and brave fencer ps2 for $21 after tax. Promptly traded in the D2R2 to blockbuster for $45 credit.

Will go back tomorrow to utilize the GT glitch on fifa and nba 06

Is it just me, or is Fire Emblem and Shadow of the Collossus showing up a lot on this board? This sale could do strange things to NPD data for October...

[quote name='joshofstl']Is it just me, or is Fire Emblem and Shadow of the Collossue showing up a lot on this board?[/QUOTE]

No it's not just you :)
I have also noticed a TON of Atlus games on people's lists

[quote name='Sulmona']i picked up dead to rights 2 for both xbox and ps2, and brave fencer ps2 for $21 after tax. Promptly traded in the D2R2 to blockbuster for $45 credit.

Will go back tomorrow to utilize the GT glitch on fifa and nba 06[/QUOTE]

Where do BB and GR give $27 and even $45 credit on D2R2? That's insane since it goes for $45 new.

And for sure, is it $10 at TRU?

[quote name='Matt Young']Where do BB and GR give $27 and even $45 credit on D2R2? That's insane since it goes for $45 new.

And for sure, is it $10 at TRU?[/QUOTE]

i got $45 combined for the pair, it was $19 for the ps2 version and $24 for the xbox one, they also gave me tax for some reason, so i got 45.58 total. I might go buy 3 dead to rights for xbox for $20 total and trade em for $70 but i dont know if that would fly at my blockbuster

[quote name='serum79']Anyone else notice that Shining Force Neo seems to have been pushed back. It's coming up as being able to ship on December 23. Yikes! is this possible or are they just completely wrong with that estimate? Has anyone seen this game elsewhere or purchased it yet?[/QUOTE]The game came out on Friday, to Gamestop and EB. I don't expect other stores and online retailers to have the game in until Monday or Tuesday. I will only do the TRU sale if I can get Shining Force Neo, since I'm thinking it will eventually be hard to find.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']what is D2R2?

Dead 2 Rights 2?[/QUOTE]

Yep... PS2 sticker has 49.99... but scan it and it will be 9.99. You will get 19.00 credit for the PS2 version...

[quote name='Epic Wolf']NYC store is forcing you to buy all 3 games for one console, no mixing :roll:[/QUOTE]
Just go to the TRU's in Westchester. They don't have that requirement. At least the one in Yonkers didn't

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer

Does anyone know a good place to trade in Eyetoy Groove and Trivial Pursuit? I got a few of those with this sale. Also, I was able to trade in 2 games I didn't want after I did the B2G1F and get full credit back, thus getting a brand new game for free (Romancing Saga). Excellent!

[quote name='spideymike']Today I picked up for Xbox:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Mercenaries

Plus, I got to use the $10 off a $50+ coupon, as well as $30 price credit and a $20 TRU Visa Geoffrey bucks. Total cost = $1. :cool:

[/QUOTE]

Is there a 10$ off coupon out? I remember using one last year.

[quote name='coolcps']Is there a 10$ off coupon out? I remember using one last year.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine gave me his. It was, according to him, from a mailer sent to his home several weeks ago. Some people online here posted that it was also in a newspaper a few weeks back, too but I can't confirm it.

[quote name='coolcps']Is there a 10$ off coupon out? I remember using one last year.[/QUOTE]

yes, but if it's the one i am thinking of, orange business card sized coupon, then it only came through the mail around the end of September and is not available in the tru circulars.

can anyone here get any of the donkey kong games with the bongos? When I went to toysrus, they told me it wasn't a game but a console accessory. Does any other toysrus allow this to be part of the deal?

fuck my TRU.

I go there and find Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne. Thinking about the GT glitch, I check the glass case - I see two boxes. Now I'm ecstatic. So I pick up Makai Kingdom thinking I'm going to glitch it and pick up three rare RPGs for $50.

"I need two copies of this and one copy of Makai Kingdom."
>We don't have that in stock.
"....But I see two boxes. Right there. Shin Megami Tensai. " *points*
>Yea, those are just display boxes.
"In the glass counter?
>Yea.
"......Ok nevermind then." *walks off*

Why would they keep those in the case? Furthermore, other games out of stick had post-it notes saying "out of stock" on it. There were 2 display boxes of SMT:N out in the aisle, 2 in the case, and you tell me it's OOS?

Aside from that, Fire Emblem wasn't in. In fact nothing new in the last 2 weeks was there, I swear to god. I'm going to head there on Tuesday/Wednesday and see if they've gotten anything. Absolutely couldn't believe it. A million f*cking people in there too.

Also i would like to know if DK with Bongos can be bought on the B2G1 as well. They had Jungle Beat. I've wanted that forever and getting it would complete my collection of 4 bongo sets...

Anyone know what's up with RE4? It's supposed to be released tomorrow, but on Amazon/Toys R Us it says it's ship date is December 4. So, do you still think it will be part of the B2G1 online?

I'm going tomorrow afternoon - hopefully no one is there so I can browse at my leisure......... couldn't go today cause of the Texans game aroudnt he corner would have made the Toysrus impossible to get into

Damn, I just bought a couple of games at Best Buy and forgot about this TRU sale, but I might end up dropping by my local TRU anyway. What are some good $20 games out there (Xbox/PS2 only)?

I got Fire Emblem: PoR, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Battalion Wars today. I really wanted Mario Tennis, but both TRUs I went to haven't had a copy in for a while. I saw two people today getting denied with the games that included bongos. The DDR games that come with pads also aren't part of the deal, which is worrisome since I wanted to get Mario DDR this week. Maybe it'll work online later this week.

I got:
Fire Emblem
Tony Hawk: AW
God of War (I wanted Shadow of the Colossus)

They were giving me mixed up answers for returning one game to get another. I've done it almost every year, but they tend to change their policies.

I've heard Fry's allows you to return an unopened game for store credit, can anyone confirm this?

Actually, Capcom Collection (Xbox) was one of the games I picked up at BB, and BTW it's great. Anyway, is Xenosaga II $20 at TRU, or is that only at EB/Gamestop?

fuck it, i went all out today at two different TRUs:

mario baseball
mario party 6
battalion wars

shadow of the colossus
warriors
fire emblem por

suffering 2
geist
blitz

mk shaolin monks
romance of the 3 kingdoms 9
romance of the 3 kingdosm 10

then i picked up far cry instincts at CC for $27.XX

i wanted mario tennis and stubbs, but neither TRU had them...im going back to grab Mario DDR on its release and hopefully mario tennis & stubbs with it

to justify my purchases:

Mario games hardly ever drop in price unless you wait years for them to become a PC...so that answers the mario baseball and mario party 6

shadow of the colossus , mk sm, suffering 2, blitz & warriors were all games that i've been wanting for a while and will play and finish soon

the romance of the 3 kingdom's games never drop in price and this completes my collection for them on the ps2

i'm not sure if battalion wars and fire emblem will drop or how long it will take for them to drop (them being nintendo games)

and geist was just kind of a filler

I picked up:

Conker: Live and Reloaded
Ninja Gaiden Black

and was able to use the $10 coupon to bring my total to about $54.

I wanted to pick up 3 PS2 GH titles, but was thwarted by the absence of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.

Also i would like to know if DK with Bongos can be bought on the B2G1 as well.

Just got back from TRU. The guy said all games that include free bonus hardware are not included.

I was totally set to get Radiata Stories as one of my three after the whole Overstock debacle, and the guy said Radiata Stories is discontinued and no more are coming. He said the game was a one hit wonder. I didn't know the game did that bad. It is on TRU.com so I might do that if it works.

I tried to get the Eyetoy (with Play) last year, or the year before (Whatever year it first came out) and they said that wasn't a game, but an accessory. I argued that there was a game inside, and it was marketed as a "game" and the clerk even grudgingly admitted I had a point, but the policy was NO HARDWARE (as a bonus, add-on, etc)...

So at least they're staying consistent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back