The big TRU B2G1 Free Sale - Oct 23-29! XB, PS2 and GC only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I order this Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free online, is there a code to get free shipping? Are games below $19.99 eligible for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free?

The 3 games I want to buy that I missed out on are Final Fantasy X-2, X-Men Legends, and The Simpsons: Hit & Run. In the website, X-Men Legends is sold out, plus I have to pay for $6.something for shipping. In my local TRU, Final Fantasy X-2 is sold out. What other game could you suggest for me to buy for GCN & PS2? Which is better? Viewtiful Joe 2 or Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?

Before you try to order online take the print ad to Gamecrazy, they price matched it for me but it still might be YMMV right now.

I was able to get

Ateliar Iris
Stella Dues
Digital Devil Saga 2

this way

Argh, my TRU doesn't even seem to have stocked Shadow of the Colossus yet (they have a poster for it, but no game card/paper things). They didn't seem to have a game card for Indigo Prophecy for Xbox, either, despite having the PS2 version, and they didn't have Conker at all. But online, SotC and Indigo Prophecy XB aren't available either. :(

Anyone know if Amazon/TRU will have their out of stock titles back up anytime soon? :(

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Hmm I wonder if any other places "price match". The selection @ my TRU sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

CC is your best bet. That or Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart selection typically sucks also.

[quote name='ripoffer']If I order this Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free online, is there a code to get free shipping? Are games below $19.99 eligible for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free?

The 3 games I want to buy that I missed out on are Final Fantasy X-2, X-Men Legends, and The Simpsons: Hit & Run. In the website, X-Men Legends is sold out, plus I have to pay for $6.something for shipping. In my local TRU, Final Fantasy X-2 is sold out. What other game could you suggest for me to buy for GCN & PS2? Which is better? Viewtiful Joe 2 or Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?[/QUOTE]

They are both excellent titles. You should get both of them and just dump Simpsons H&R.

[quote name='n00bie']CC is your best bet. That or Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart selection typically sucks also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, Radiata Stories is all sold out where I live and I hate Amazon's shipping charges. I'll try PM this over the weekend at CC.

The green tag glitch works

Ring this first: Ace Combat 5 (GT) $25

then added
Digital Devil Saga 1 $55
Shining Force Neo = free (usually $50)

Woot

Well I went to Toy R Us Sunday and bought these:

Dead to Rights 2 Xbox $19.99 Green Tagged to $9.99
Call of Duty: Finest Hour PS2 $19.99 Green Tagged to $9.99
Viewtiful Joe PS2 $19.99 Green Tagged to $9.99

So I got Viewtiful Joe for free and it was funny because DTR2 on PS2 was mismarked at $49.99 but scanned at $19.99. Also, I saw a lot of copies of Cold Fear for PS2 marked green tag at $49.99 is this cheaper because I didn't get it scanned.

Has anybody tried getting DDR Mario Mix? Hopefully it's not excluded b/c I bought Donkey Konga w/ bongos at last year's sale.

[quote name='spideymike']Nope. My store said they hadn't gotten them in yet. Same with Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.[/QUOTE]

My local Blockbuster stores aren't getting this in for rental, so I really wanted to pick it up during the buy 2 get 1 sale. Unfortunately, none of my local TRU stores have it in stock either. :cry:

Cashier name Justin (white head guy) and Fat Woman of TRU in Tustin, CA know about the glitch and I heard their discussion with the manager about the glitch. And also the white head guy is well known to most of the GT game so he does scans the non-GT game first during check out. FYI

[quote name='crashpanda']If the green tag game is the highest priced one before clearance price, does it matter when the cashier scans the game?[/QUOTE]
Anyone have an answer to this question? I'm wondering myself. I would like to find Ace Combat 5 to round out the 3 games for myself (instead of Indigo Prophecy). And if I do find it, since AC5 is $49.99 GT then the other two games being $39.99, how would the scans go? Oy, so many questions, so little time. This sale will drive us all mad!! :whistle2:& :bomb: :headache:

I didn't check if anyone mentioned this so I apologize if this has been answered already...anyway, did anyone else copy of Shadow of the Colossus have teh "soft" shrinkwrap thath looks like the game was resealed? Mine did and I was wondering if they were all like that. Thanks!

Also, if your TRU doesn't have Shadow out ask for it. Mine didn't have it out but they were in the glass case. Mine didn't have Shining Force Neo though. :sad:

Finally, if you are planning on PMing this somewhere, CC is definitely your best bet. I PMed this as CC last year. I tried at Best buy but it was a no go as expected. They said they only matched prices, not special deals like this.

If anyone is going to pick up blitz the league for xbox let me know. I'll have you pick up a game of equal or lesser value and trade you my new copy for another game. I'll take care of shipping on both ends

[quote name='cdeener']
So I got Viewtiful Joe for free and it was funny because DTR2 on PS2 was mismarked at $49.99 but scanned at $19.99. Also, I saw a lot of copies of Cold Fear for PS2 marked green tag at $49.99 is this cheaper because I didn't get it scanned.[/QUOTE]

The price of both DTR2 and Xenosaga2 dropped to 19.99GT last week. People at your TRU were just too lazy to update the pricing on the item.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I didn't check if anyone mentioned this so I apologize if this has been answered already...anyway, did anyone else copy of Shadow of the Colossus have teh "soft" shrinkwrap thath looks like the game was resealed? Mine did and I was wondering if they were all like that. Thanks!

Also, if your TRU doesn't have Shadow out ask for it. Mine didn't have it out but they were in the glass case. Mine didn't have Shining Force Neo though. :sad:

Finally, if you are planning on PMing this somewhere, CC is definitely your best bet. I PMed this as CC last year. I tried at Best buy but it was a no go as expected. They said they only matched prices, not special deals like this.[/QUOTE]

Which TRU did you go to? I'm near Midway, and I got SotC from EB with some credit when it came out. I saw them take it right out of the shipping boxes, and it had that "soft" shrink wrap you mentioned. It really did look rewrapped. I got Jak X the same day, and it had the "normal" wrap. When I picked up MLB 2k5 World Series Edition on Sunday from TRU, it had the "soft" wrap again, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is.

Going in for my second run today hope you all got what you wanted Im about to clean up house hollah at me though.

[quote name='hopesfall']Which TRU did you go to? I'm near Midway, and I got SotC from EB with some credit when it came out. I saw them take it right out of the shipping boxes, and it had that "soft" shrink wrap you mentioned. It really did look rewrapped. I got Jak X the same day, and it had the "normal" wrap. When I picked up MLB 2k5 World Series Edition on Sunday from TRU, it had the "soft" wrap again, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

I went to the TRU in Joliet. I guess the soft wrap is OK then. I have gotten other games that came that way, but it's rare. I think in all other cases they have been Gamecube games.

I went on Sunday and picked up

Fire Emblem
Pikmin 2
Shadow of the Colossus (last copy and it had the soft wrapping)

I'm thinking about picking up another set

DDR: Mario Mix
Battalion Wars
a filler until Dragon Quest 8 is released

so are we pretty sure getting a gift receipt will allow you to exchange a game for one at the original price later on? That'll be the sealer for my second set since I really want Dragon Quest.

[quote name='viewtiful7']I went on Sunday and picked up

Fire Emblem
Pikmin 2
Shadow of the Colossus (last copy and it had the soft wrapping)

.[/QUOTE]

Good pickup, im halfway through SOTC and its completely amazing. Hows Fire Emblem so far?

[quote name='jjz203']Mebbe there was something wrong with the first batch runs and they had to "fix" something and then resealed them? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what I was thinking. Just to be safe, I am opening mine up immediately and playing it for a bit to make sure it's A-OK.

Anyone ordered online and actually gotten a sale with SC3 to go through? I just tried and it seems SC3 is stopping the order for some reason. Says the code won't work with those items. I have

Soul Caliber 3 49.99
Shining Force Neo 49.99
Romance of the 3 kingdoms X 49.99

And it won't go through.

[quote name='hohez']Anyone ordered online and actually gotten a sale with SC3 to go through? I just tried and it seems SC3 is stopping the order for some reason. Says the code won't work with those items. I have

Soul Caliber 3 49.99
Shining Force Neo 49.99
Romance of the 3 kingdoms X 49.99

And it won't go through.[/QUOTE]

Soul calibur 3 SHIPS today - it will be arriving in stores and be available for sale TOMORROW, the 26th. You probably can't get it till then.

All 3 are TRU. And SC3 is no longer a preorder online. Also shows "usually ships in 2-3 days."

but anyway I'll try later, or tomorrow. Closest Toys R Us is an hour and a half away so ordering online is a much much better deal for me than driving all the way there.

Ratchet Deadlocked, RE4, and Sims 2 are all out and cannot be used online in the deal...sucks if you ask me those are the game I wanted not the trash that is left online now.

[quote name='hohez']All 3 are TRU. And SC3 is no longer a preorder online. Also shows "usually ships in 2-3 days."

but anyway I'll try later, or tomorrow. Closest Toys R Us is an hour and a half away so ordering online is a much much better deal for me than driving all the way there.[/QUOTE]

Said the same thing yesterday about sc3. They suck at managing their site.

Hi everyone, I am heading out to TRU today, but before I do that, can anyone tell me if TRU carries RE4 Premium Edition? Thanks.

[quote name='maxgle']Hi everyone, I am heading out to TRU today, but before I do that, can anyone tell me if TRU carries RE4 Premium Edition? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Better yet. Call your local R-Zone and ask them. We're not Karnac, you know. ;) Some stores are getting games in that some of our stores haven't yet. YMMV.

[quote name='spideymike']Better yet. Call your local R-Zone and ask them. We're not Karnac, you know. ;) Some stores are getting games in that some of our stores haven't yet. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I could, but I got a fever over the weekend and I lost my voice. And just to share some laugh, I couldnt even buy food at a drive thru simply because I cant speak loud enough. It was sad..

I like how the ad shows RE4 as part of the deal and has "See TRU.com for online offer" (with the little computer) but its not part of deal online.

[quote name='crashpanda']If the green tag game is the highest priced one before clearance price, does it matter when the cashier scans the game?[/QUOTE]

If the GT game is higher BEFORE 50% off, it shouldn't matter where it gets scanned if your non-GT games are lower priced. For example, you buy "Ace Combat 5" GT $49.99 + two regular price $29.99 games - it wouldn't matter when "Ace Combat 5" was scanned since the system automatically places it as the highest priced game at $49.99.

Be careful when mixing in same priced green tagged games when using the GT glitch. Some GT game prices end in .95 instead of .99, so it will register the GT game as being $0.05 less. Look at the price tag closely. MOST GTs work, but not all.

It's probably a good idea if someone explains the GT glitch every few pages since it gets lost easily when the thread gets this big.

My bro picked up Shadow of the Colossus, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Katamari 2 for me... but he wanted NG Black so he said that I would only owe him $50- so basically I saved $25 off of one game which is fine by me.:D

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']Yup, that's TRU for ya.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to spend money at their store but they don't have anything. It's depressing.

[quote name='GunstarRed']If the GT game is higher BEFORE 50% off, it shouldn't matter where it gets scanned if your non-GT games are lower priced. For example, you buy "Ace Combat 5" GT $49.99 + two regular price $29.99 games - it wouldn't matter when "Ace Combat 5" was scanned since the system automatically places it as the highest priced game at $49.99.

Be careful when mixing in same priced green tagged games when using the GT glitch. Some GT game prices end in .95 instead of .99, so it will register the GT game as being $0.05 less. Look at the price tag closely. MOST GTs work, but not all.

It's probably a good idea if someone explains the GT glitch every few pages since it gets lost easily when the thread gets this big.[/QUOTE]

It seems like if all three games are of equal value before GT discount, then the system will take off the last game rung up. Thus, in that case it would matter what order the games were scanned. I accidentally forgot to mention to the clerk to ring up a GT game first and it ended up last and that is the one that was taken off. On the sets where the GT game was rung up first a regular priced game was taken off.

I took another trip today and took a look at the green tag selection.

Picked up:
Hitman Contracts (Xbox)
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (not a ton of options otherwise)

When I was checking out I noticed an employee opening a new box filled with copies of GTA:LCS for the PSP. Hopefully my Gamerush pre-order will be available for pick-up soon.

I can't decide getting Spartan Total Warrior or MK:Shaolin Monks.

The other 2 I have in mind are: Burnout Revenge and X-men Legends 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back