The BioWare Bazaar thread of get tokens, win auctions, get stuff

Man, you won three times? *Hate stare*

So, what're people actually (realistically) hunting for in the auctions? Just curious how much competition I'm going to have.

I'm going for Dragon Age swag (liked ME, but not as much as DA). I don't need any of the games, and I'm pretty set for hardware, which would be out of my league anyway. I hope I hope I hope I can get something even without doing any of the twitter stuffs.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm going for Dragon Age swag (liked ME, but not as much as DA). I don't need any of the games, and I'm pretty set for hardware, which would be out of my league anyway. I hope I hope I hope I can get something even without doing any of the twitter stuffs.[/QUOTE]

very few of us won at twitter anyway.

Nice, I just won challenge 19! As for what I'm after in the bazaar, the most I'm hoping for is DA:O on pc or the N7 hoodie.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Man, you won three times? *Hate stare*

So, what're people actually (realistically) hunting for in the auctions? Just curious how much competition I'm going to have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 3 times, I couldn't believe it either...

I still only have the points from 1 of those wins though, that kinda sucks...

I'd love a PC or laptop, but I doubt I'll get either. If I don't get either of those I'm all in for an N7 hoody - i want one of those so bad, but don't want to spend $60 for one...

[quote name='Salamando3000']Man, you won three times? *Hate stare*

So, what're people actually (realistically) hunting for in the auctions? Just curious how much competition I'm going to have.[/QUOTE]

I have won twice. I doubt winning is really going to effect much since they have computers and stuff up for prizes.

Here is my tokens list:

Title Tokens

Chris' Challenges 1000

Unique URL Referral 2050

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Game Registration 1750

Mass Effect 2 Game Registration 1500

Social Membership 1000

Dragon Age: Origins - Character Creator Upload 500

Dragon Age: Origins Game Registration 1200

Your Total: 9000

Title Tokens

Dragon Age: Origins - Character Creator Upload 500
Chris' Challenges 500 **Should be 1500**
Mass Effect 2 Questionnaire 1500
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Questionnaire 1750
Dragon Age: Origins Questionnaire 1200
Unique URL Referral 1860
Social Membership 1000

Your Total: 8310 **Should be 9310**

I'm still hoping for those 1000 tokens before noon tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*

Did all my clicking for today. Tomorrow should be interesting with the auctions starting up. I haven't won any of the twitter challenges even though I have replied to about 75% of them. At this point I'll be happy to win anything from the Bazaar, I know there is no chance of winning some of the more expensive prizes seeing people with way more tokens then me. Total as of now: 8633

Damn, looking at others with their referrals tokens at 2000 already. I'm still at 6000 total and I'm beginning to doubt I could win any of my target items.
I really needed a a new computer to replace my 10 year old one. :bomb:

common guys lets keep clickin before times running out :bomb:

http://social.bioware.com/brc/1465791

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='glemtvapen']Damn, looking at others with their referrals tokens at 2000 already. I'm still at 6000 total and I'm beginning to doubt I could win any of my target items and I really needed a a new computer to replace my 10 year old one. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The only way to have ever gotten the computer was to get in on this on day 1 and be one of the lucky people who have won 3 or 4 twitter challenges.

BTW, the guy running the challenges says one person has won 6 times!!

I've gotten a so-so amount of referrals over the last week, but considering the size of this and the other lists I've put it on it should have been much higher.

I want to get one of the PC games and if it looks possible I may shoot for two. Now which ones do I choose? I'm thinking Dragon Age Origins and ME2 since they are the more expensive ones.

[quote name='reininop']BTW, the guy running the challenges says one person has won 6 times!![/QUOTE]

6 times? Are you serious? That's insane.

Clicked for today :). All I want is a Dragon Age Junior Tee. Not sure what my chance is on that :(.

I just did the math for the points I should have with the clicks and it is really sad. I joined a week ago and since then I have got 2010 from Unique URL Referrals. That is about 287 points a day or just under 29 clicks a day. After looking at that list and seeing that not counting mine that is on it their is 175 links. That should be 175 clicks a day for everyone on that list. I know more have been added since mine so if I just average it out to 100 clicks a day that is 550 points a day. That is 3850 points in a week just from Unique URL Referrals. Others should have more then that due to how long their link has been up. That is just if every person on that list clicked once a day and even then that 3850 is a low number because that is based off of just 100 clicks a day total.

So with that I want to thank the OP for doing this thread and all the ones that did click on my link. Also I want to thank everyone that did click all the names atleast once a day. I hope you all win what you want or atleast something nice. For everyone that just posted their link that might end up reading this a big fuck you. I am sure that everyone that did click the links agrees with me on that.

Anyway good luck to all that did click. I might have the option to leave work early due to lack of work. Only 4 a day can go at most and if I counted right I will be the 4th one asked and the 3 before me will all chances are leave. So I might be able to bid longer then I thought I would.

[quote name='sendme']I just did the math for the points I should have with the clicks and it is really sad. I joined a week ago and since then I have got 2010 from Unique URL Referrals. That is about 287 points a day or just under 29 clicks a day. After looking at that list and seeing that not counting mine that is on it their is 175 links. That should be 175 clicks a day for everyone on that list. I know more have been added since mine so if I just average it out to 100 clicks a day that is 550 points a day. That is 3850 points in a week just from Unique URL Referrals. Others should have more then that due to how long their link has been up. That is just if every person on that list clicked once a day and even then that 3850 is a low number because that is based off of just 100 clicks a day total.

So with that I want to thank the OP for doing this thread and all the ones that did click on my link. Also I want to thank everyone that did click all the names atleast once a day. I hope you all win what you want or atleast something nice. For everyone that just posted their link that might end up reading this a big fuck you. I am sure that everyone that did click the links agrees with me on that.

Anyway good luck to all that did click. I might have the option to leave work early due to lack of work. Only 4 a day can go at most and if I counted right I will be the 4th one asked and the 3 before me will all chances are leave. So I might be able to bid longer then I thought I would.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, I joined up (I think) about when you did, and I've been clicking everyone daily. In fact, I think I have less URL clicks than you because there was an issue with my URL. The contest wins are my saving grace, so I won't complain much, but it's frustrating that people jump in, add their link and then don't participate...

What are you gonna do? I'm calling it -:bs:

BTW - Everyone on the list has been clicked this morning...

So does anyone know if the auction runs constantly between now and the 10th? By that I mean, are prizes being put up at 3 in the morning, etc? At first I assumed they would stop at 5 PM for the day, but looking at the number of prizes they have, if they were to give out 1 prize every 15 minutes, I think it would have to go all night.

Interesting.
http://social.bioware.com/brc/1128847

[quote name='MascotRay']So does anyone know if the auction runs constantly between now and the 10th? By that I mean, are prizes being put up at 3 in the morning, etc? At first I assumed they would stop at 5 PM for the day, but looking at the number of prizes they have, if they were to give out 1 prize every 15 minutes, I think it would have to go all night.

Interesting.
http://social.bioware.com/brc/1128847[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me that it will run 24 hours a day till Saturday 4PM PDT. I hope they post a list of when what auctions are occurring else I am getting very little sleep this week.

[quote name='bigfoot']Sounds to me that it will run 24 hours a day till Saturday 4PM PDT. I hope they post a list of when what auctions are occurring else I am getting very little sleep this week.[/QUOTE]
My guess is no. Just judging by all the rules in place I think they are trying to make it as fair as possible.

I mean you can only win 2 auctions so I'm thinking they are going to toss in a bunch of the filler stuff during the day (everything minus the laptop/computer/xbox) then randomly throw in one of the big prizes so most people will say 'well I have points and I have to go to sleep/work/etc so I'll just snag a t-shirt so I get something'. Then when the lucky people checking in are there for a big prize comes up they can have a 'honest' biding war with people who have about the same points.

Just a guess but I'm sure those (supposed) people with 10k+ points really want those big prizes and will skip work and sleep to get a chance at it.

[quote name='musicjunkie']My guess is no. Just judging by all the rules in place I think they are trying to make it as fair as possible.

I mean you can only win 2 auctions so I'm thinking they are going to toss in a bunch of the filler stuff during the day (everything minus the laptop/computer/xbox) then randomly throw in one of the big prizes so most people will say 'well I have points and I have to go to sleep/work/etc so I'll just snag a t-shirt so I get something'. Then when the lucky people checking in are there for a big prize comes up they can have a 'honest' biding war with people who have about the same points.

Just a guess but I'm sure those (supposed) people with 10k+ points really want those big prizes and will skip work and sleep to get a chance at it.[/QUOTE]

It would be really funny if the big prizes go to someone with a couple thousand tickets.

Well, clicked for today, both from home and work... Very frustrating that we haven't been able to get 500 points everyday. Stupid lazy jackasses.

Any idea where the auctions are going to be posted? I figure at least a link to them will be on the main bazaar page, but I haven't been keeping up with the BioWare forums.

Edit: supposedly the link is http://social.bioware.com/auction

There's a thread by Chris Priestly on the forums..

The BioWare Bazaar auction is going live this morning. You can view the auction page and see what is currently up for bid here: social.bioware.com/auction (this goes to your token page until teh auction goes live).

Here are some important details for all you thinking of bidding to remember:

1. Auctions start every 15 minutes, run for the 15 minutes and then a new auction starts.
  2. The auctions run 24 hours a day, every 15 minutes till the end of the Bazaar on Saturday April 10.
  3. We will not be publishing a schedule of when certain items (like PCs or laptops) will be available. Keep checking the auction page for updates.
  4. We will be dropping hints on Twitter though. Keep following biofeed on
    Twitter.
  5. An image of what is up for bidding and a description will be on the auction page during its availability.
  6. If you bid but do not win, you do not use your tokens. Only the winning bidder will use up their tokens. Tokens can be reused until you win an auction.
  7. One person can only win a maximum of 2 auctions, as per the rules.
  8. Everyone who wins an auction will be investigated for fraud or exploits. If found to be cheating, they will be disqualified.
  9. Winners will be notified via social message and email (to your social email address) that they have won.
  10. Bazaar Challenges will continue during the auction, so you can continue to earn more tokens.

If you have other questions about the auction, or auction items, please ask them here.

Good luck to everyone who will be trying to win.
The link in his post is messed up ATM...

Im not going to even try for one of the big things, my goal is a game or t-shirt. I just hope 9,500 points is enough for something like that.

I wish there was more detail about the items. like the first thing, is it the pack of 5 shirts or you choose 1 of them? 10,000 for the first item was expected tho.

Edit: they were a little late on updating the description, it is all of them. wish i had 10,000+ points lol

[quote name='OddLogik']I wish there was more detail about the items. like the first thing, is it the pack of 5 shirts or you choose 1 of them? 10,000 for the first item was expected tho.

Edit: they were a little late on updating the description, it is all of them. wish i had 10,000+ points lol[/QUOTE]

It say all the ME shirt in your size.

[quote name='microcuts777']lol, the shirt is at 10,000! there's no way i'm winning a PC...[/QUOTE]

It is a shirt pack. Every ME2 shirt offered in the store.

I'm hoping people waste lots of tokens early on. I'm also thankful that, as a college student, I'm used to staying up at all hours of the night, so I'm hoping I'll be able to win things at 2-3am, when many people are likely to be asleep.

[quote name='Raider']10,000 + tokens for a tee shirt pack. Damn. At this point I'm worried if I will be able to win anything.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the amount of stuff that will be up for auction and how it just started. Ofcourse theres going to be these over prices things to start because no one knows how much other people have, kinda like starting the economy. I bet during non-peek hours (middle of the night) you'll be able to find something in the 6-7,000 range.

I have a feeling the people who REALLY want those computers will not only have 10k+ points (like that guy bidding on the t-shirt pack) but they'll be living at their computer.

If you spent the time/effort to gain that many points you're going to spend that time/effort to make sure you win a computer. Frankly, I just want the N7 hoody but if a computer pops up when I'm not in class/work I'll give it a shot.

Glad I clicked everyone this morn at a home and at work.
I'm guessing we can still earn points even though the auction as started? There's a challenge still going on.
In any case good luck to everyone here. I hope CAG winners will post what they win! :)

Also, if you really consider the price its not that bad, 2,000+ per shirt, but I wouldn't expect getting a single shirt for 2,000.

bread's done
Back