The Black Donnellys Complete Series DVD $9.99

it definately did get canceled too early, they did not really amp it up on nbc or give it enough ad space. Quite a shame. Great deal OP

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Great price. You should put the price in the title, as I bet it would attract a lot more people.[/QUOTE]

I just updated it, thanks for the suggestion! Maybe people will actually buy this show now haha.

Never had a chance to see this while it was on, but was always very interested in it. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Strell']Never had a chance to see this while it was on, but was always very interested in it. Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

It was really good. I had started watching it online after they had canceled it when they still had all of the episodes up. I made it half way through the series and then they pulled it from the website. It was very unfortunate.

[quote name='chakan']Does it wrap up at all, or just sort of end mid story?

Thanks for posting the deal.[/QUOTE]

No, it really doesn't wrap up. I have seen shows getting canceled with far worse cliffhanger endings though, this is somewhat bearable I guess. But it still doesn't wrap everything up.

On another note, the last five minutes of the final episode is one of the most intense I've ever seen on a television show...

AWESOME show. One of the best new shows on TV when it first aired on NBC (in my opinion, of course). I gladly paid regular price when it first popped up on DVD. A must buy at this price.

Thanks for the heads up. This show was great. I actually just got it on Netflix last week. Can't pass it up for this price.

[quote name='chicagoz']AWESOME show. One of the best new shows on TV when it first aired on NBC (in my opinion, of course). I gladly paid regular price when it first popped up on DVD. A must buy at this price.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I loved the show.

It's a steal at this price, I paid full price for it when it came out and would do it again. It's a well acted, well written show with character progression! (Not always for the better though) They never gave it a fair shot, they kept changing it's timeslot/nights. Ah well, at least NBC is giving Friday Night Lights a little longer.

Oh yeah, buy this!

[quote name='cleaver']What show did this replace? I remember it was something decent.[/QUOTE]

When Studio 60 got canceled (which was another bad decision...), this show was picked up and put in the same timeslot. Then, The Black Donnellys was pulled after 7 episodes and was replaced by The Real Wedding Crashers... :drool:

[quote name='Nesmaster75']When Studio 60 got canceled (which was another bad decision...), this show was picked up and put in the same timeslot. Then, The Black Donnellys was pulled after 7 episodes and was replaced by The Real Wedding Crashers... :drool:[/QUOTE]

On that note, the entire series of Studio 60 is $15 at Best Buy for a while. I was shocked to see it, and then happily bought a copy.

Thank you Nesmaster75! I just ordered. For $10 I just can't pass.

http://www.savetheblackdonnellys.net/

I loved this show when it was on. Wish HBO could have picked it up after it was canceled and continued the show. Fans of the show sent Firecrackers to Carolyn Strauss President of Entertainment at HBO to try and get them to pick it up. "The Firecracker" was the name of bar one of the brothers owned in the show. Sure would have been nice since HBO doesn't have the greatest series anymore.

[quote name='MALICIOUS ONE']Thank you Nesmaster75! I just ordered. For $10 I just can't pass.

I loved this show when it was on. Wish HBO could have picked it up after it was canceled and continued the show. Fans of the show sent Firecrackers to Carolyn Strauss President of Entertainment at HBO to try and get them to pick it up. "The Firecracker" was the name of bar one of the brothers owned in the show. Sure would have been nice since HBO doesn't have the greatest series anymore.[/QUOTE]

If it had been picked up by HBO, this season would be 35 dollars not ten. I would still like it to be on the air, but I also like the non-inflated, non-HBO prices.

[quote name='MALICIOUS ONE']Thank you Nesmaster75! I just ordered. For $10 I just can't pass.

I loved this show when it was on. Wish HBO could have picked it up after it was canceled and continued the show. Fans of the show sent Firecrackers to Carolyn Strauss President of Entertainment at HBO to try and get them to pick it up. "The Firecracker" was the name of bar one of the brothers owned in the show. Sure would have been nice since HBO doesn't have the greatest series anymore.[/QUOTE]

OK, I posted those pictures of the DVD on that site haha. I remember getting it at my old video store I worked at about a week before it came out, and contacted the admin for that website and posted those pictures there. That's too funny. I used to always go on that website when there was still "a chance" for a second season. I actually thought HDNet was going to pick it up, but that never happened.

[quote name='gdemander']I saw this a few days ago and have been trying to find 15 dollars of stuff more to get the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Studio 60 is $15 on Amazon (technically 14.99, so the 2 cents difference may prevent free shipping). If not, I'm tempted to pick up the combo myself. Though neither deal seems all that special (I'm sure they'll be at the price for awhile, or again later).

It really sucked that the writer's strike happened the year AFTER Studio 60 and Black Donnelly's. If it would have been the same year, no question these shows would still be around.

good looking out OP. this is one of those great shows that you scratch your head and wonder why it got cancelled when there's crap all over taking up slots. this was like watching a Boondock Saints made for TV. I couldn't believe they didn't renew. MIght pick this up since i didnt finish season online.

Thanks OP...never saw this series when it aired. I do not watch alot of television but this looks interesting especially at the $10.00 price tag. Looking forward to watching all 13 episodes. How can a show go wrong based on organized crime in New York and Hell's Kitchen to boot. :)

Purchase this DVD by May 31st and get a 1-year subscription to Entertainment Weekly for only $10. That's an extra 50% off the everyday low price - less than $0.20 an issue for a full year. Here's how (restrictions apply)

so if you subscripe to EW could be a way to get another year cheap (then again i been gettin post cards every year for the last 3 years to renew at 10 per year)

bread's done
Back