The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='nintendoforever']
being that the district manager is involved, will this ban ever go away? or am i permanently banned? i called the district manager and left a message but am awaiting his callback.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused why you think they would unban you. They're well aware you're abusing the system - what benefit would they have by letting you trade again?

[quote name='robot']I'm confused why you think they would unban you. They're well aware you're abusing the system - what benefit would they have by letting you trade again?[/quote]

i never said i thought they would. i was just asking. i know i have other posts about people being banned for a period of time and then being able to trade again. i was just curious if this is permanent.

[quote name='nintendoforever']I tried to trade in a second copy of stranglehold at one blockbuster. i had traded in another copy a week earlier. the person was ringing it up and then here comes this manager lady, complaining she has way too many games being traded and more then one copy of each. so she looks at my account, sees that i have traded in 2 copies of several games before, and 3 copies of ncaa 08, and she says that i am not allowed to trade in multiple copies anymore. i said ok and completed that trade transaction. i then drove to the next blockbuster, 5 minutes away, and by the time i got there i was told i was no longer able to trade with blockbuster, that i had to call the district manager for more information. there are like 8 blockbusters within a 25 mile radius and i have traded with all of them.

the guy told me i could not trade due to price manipulation. they said i was buying games at hollywood video, then trading them in to blockbuster for more money. then buying blockbusters games and trading them in to hollywood for more. i of course denied this.

i dont mind getting banned, i just would have liked a warning first and more clarification of the limits. i knew i was running the risk of being banned and would do it all again because this paid for lots of games for me for free, and got me my 80GB PS3 MSG4 bundle for about $250 OOP.

being that the district manager is involved, will this ban ever go away? or am i permanently banned? i called the district manager and left a message but am awaiting his callback.[/quote]

Even assuming that their accusations are true, "price manipulation" is an awfully egregious claim. Nobody is manipulating any prices... we're just rather observant of the market. I haven't read a trade agreement in a while (in fact I don't know that I ever actually fully read one), but it doesn't seem to explicitly prohibit trading multiples to different stores. It sounds like the stores in your area may just be better at inter-store communication, probably as a result of noticing an influx of similar traded-in games.

[quote name='nintendoforever']i never said i thought they would. i was just asking. i know i have other posts about people being banned for a period of time and then being able to trade again. i was just curious if this is permanent.[/quote]

Just wait 6 months. Do absolutely NOTHING on your account (no rentals, no checking for balances, no updating info... NOTHING) and it'll go away. This process is independent for EACH store (so if you rent at one store, all the others will be okay to trade at after 6 months, but not the one you rent at).

[quote name='nintendoforever']
the guy told me i could not trade due to price manipulation. they said i was buying games at hollywood video, then trading them in to blockbuster for more money. then buying blockbusters games and trading them in to hollywood for more. i of course denied this.

being that the district manager is involved, will this ban ever go away? or am i permanently banned? i called the district manager and left a message but am awaiting his callback.[/QUOTE]

Very odd - OK, so I take back what I said earlier. They are full of BS. "Price manipulation"? Please, they offer a price for a game based on what they think they can sell it for - it shoudn't matter where that game came from as long as it was legally obtained. Once again you would never see Gamestop coming up with this kind of crap. They price their games according to what they sell them for, and they adjust trade-in prices to account for overstock system-wide. Now, I could see Blockbuster not being as sophisticated as this as they don't have a method of centralizing trade-ins (by sending them to corporate for web site sales like GS can). However, they can simply adjust inventory at the store or district level by coming up with a list of games that can't be accepted any more (from anyone). If they get too many Strangleholds then they can just not accept that any more. This option is clearly stated in the trade agreement. That way they control their inventory (perfectly understandable) but they don't single people out who have done nothing but follow their own rules.

[quote name='robot']I'm confused why you think they would unban you. They're well aware you're abusing the system - what benefit would they have by letting you trade again?[/QUOTE]

Because he did nothing wrong with respect to the trading agreement he signed, that's why. It says 2 games per system per day. Yeah, that's a weird thing to put in there (it should be more restrictive) but that's Blockbuster's fault. And yes, I know they can further restrict trades ("without notice") but it's pretty scummy to do so without first giving the customer a revised set of guidelines and on top of that pulling out the junior detective kit to come up with some of these wacky conspiracy theories ("price manipulation", theft, etc - all off the mark in one way or another).

These bannings always seem to stem from some sort of "gotcha!" moment on the part of a regular employee or manager. That is, they aren't getting you for any specific violation of their trade agreement, but because they think they've uncovered some nefarious plot based on half-assed evidence. And that is the problem I have with all of it - it is inconsistent, based on half-truths or flat out misconceptions, and arbitrarily applied.

[quote name='nintendoforever']my account was blocked due to excessive trading. i was told they would no longer trade with me. my question is can i still rent from blockbuster and buy games when my trading is blocked?[/QUOTE]

They're dropping like flies.

[quote name='animemaniac14']anyone know how much Madden NFL 2007 for 360 gets?[/QUOTE]

Let us know when you find out, I got one from FYE for $5.

[quote name='io']Very odd - OK, so I take back what I said earlier. They are full of BS. "Price manipulation"? Please, they offer a price for a game based on what they think they can sell it for - it shoudn't matter where that game came from as long as it was legally obtained. Once again you would never see Gamestop coming up with this kind of crap. They price their games according to what they sell them for, and they adjust trade-in prices to account for overstock system-wide. Now, I could see Blockbuster not being as sophisticated as this as they don't have a method of centralizing trade-ins (by sending them to corporate for web site sales like GS can). However, they can simply adjust inventory at the store or district level by coming up with a list of games that can't be accepted any more (from anyone). If they get too many Strangleholds then they can just not accept that any more. This option is clearly stated in the trade agreement. That way they control their inventory (perfectly understandable) but they don't single people out who have done nothing but follow their own rules.

Because he did nothing wrong with respect to the trading agreement he signed, that's why. It says 2 games per system per day. Yeah, that's a weird thing to put in there (it should be more restrictive) but that's Blockbuster's fault. And yes, I know they can further restrict trades ("without notice") but it's pretty scummy to do so without first giving the customer a revised set of guidelines and on top of that pulling out the junior detective kit to come up with some of these wacky conspiracy theories ("price manipulation", theft, etc - all off the mark in one way or another).

These bannings always seem to stem from some sort of "gotcha!" moment on the part of a regular employee or manager. That is, they aren't getting you for any specific violation of their trade agreement, but because they think they've uncovered some nefarious plot based on half-assed evidence. And that is the problem I have with all of it - it is inconsistent, based on half-truths or flat out misconceptions, and arbitrarily applied.[/quote]

I like what you're saying io. I'm going to have to remember to say this stuff when I inevitably get banned.

Question for you guys...

How do you go about buying games at BB? My BB rarely has any of the flippable games for sale.

Nevermind... Just walked into my BB and they had a shitload of used games. Don't know where they got them all within 1 week.

[quote name='io']Very odd - OK, so I take back what I said earlier. They are full of BS. "Price manipulation"? Please, they offer a price for a game based on what they think they can sell it for - it shoudn't matter where that game came from as long as it was legally obtained. Once again you would never see Gamestop coming up with this kind of crap. They price their games according to what they sell them for, and they adjust trade-in prices to account for overstock system-wide. Now, I could see Blockbuster not being as sophisticated as this as they don't have a method of centralizing trade-ins (by sending them to corporate for web site sales like GS can). However, they can simply adjust inventory at the store or district level by coming up with a list of games that can't be accepted any more (from anyone). If they get too many Strangleholds then they can just not accept that any more. This option is clearly stated in the trade agreement. That way they control their inventory (perfectly understandable) but they don't single people out who have done nothing but follow their own rules.

These bannings always seem to stem from some sort of "gotcha!" moment on the part of a regular employee or manager. That is, they aren't getting you for any specific violation of their trade agreement, but because they think they've uncovered some nefarious plot based on half-assed evidence. And that is the problem I have with all of it - it is inconsistent, based on half-truths or flat out misconceptions, and arbitrarily applied.[/quote]

I think we need to unionize!
International Brotherhood of Traders
IO for Shop Steward.
Then next time I get questioned on a trade, I'll tell them that I would like a union representive present.

No B1G1 at Blockbuster. Yawn.
No B2G1 at Gamestop. Yawn.
Target Clearance drying up. yawn.
Guess it's time to earn it the old fashioned way, milking OT at my 'real' job.

[quote name='stone1061']I think we need to unionize!
International Brotherhood of Traders
IO for Shop Steward.
Then next time I get questioned on a trade, I'll tell them that I would like a union representive present.[/quote]

Lol thats great :) With the influx of the ban hammer, I'm gonna take it easy for a week or so unless a deal comes along them its....time to play with fire :hot:

is BB network linked? Can they look up in the computer if another BB has a used game in stock for sale? I'm trying to look for Twin Snakes

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Lol thats great :) With the influx of the ban hammer, I'm gonna take it easy for a week or so unless a deal comes along them its....time to play with fire :hot:[/quote]

frankly I think all these people just need to take notes from kunai.

He's apparently been banned and still trading strong. But again, kunai is the exception and not the rule.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']frankly I think all these people just need to take notes from kunai.

He's apparently been banned and still trading strong. But again, kunai is the exception and not the rule.[/quote]

Having friends who work at Blockbuster and Gamestop maybe? There's no way I could get away with what he does in my area. Fact.

Steve walks wearily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low...

Damn, I'm mad I missed out on that MLB 2k8 deal. $16 -> $36 for no actual work other than dumping them would have been real nice.

I think its quite interesting how many people are getting banned. I guess the stores around here are just high traffic and don't complain too much. I've got a map in my head of the 'high risk' stores that I know not to go to too often and only trade 1 copy of a game at a time when i do go to them. But on the opposite side, I've now got a store with a manager who told me I could trade in as many copies of a game as I wanted. Now I know how Kunai feels, though I dont think this guy will let me buy games for $15 and trade them right back in for $36 each (like Kunai did with Beowulf).

Trades for Today:
Guitar Hero III (360) = 28.50
Mass Effect (360) = $25.00

Note: Your game will need a bar code (unless they'll accept disc only), & GHIII bundle versions of the game don't have barcodes on them.

Well, I know that I won't get banned because the main stores I trade into one of my friends use to work at them so most of the employees know how I am. At one store I'm the only person that trades in games to the store.

[quote name='cdeener'] At one store I'm the only person that trades in games to the store.[/QUOTE]

And yet I think this is part of the problem that some people are having - if they don't get a lot of trades it is very easy to notice what the one person trading in is up to and they are more apt to think it is "strange" if you trade any multiples or just simply a lot of games in general. I need to continue to be very careful at my local store because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who trades there. I did push it with 2 copies of NCAA March Madness (spread 3 weeks apart). I was in there today and checking out their used game section. They don't have either copy out for sale, which is weird. Either they sold them, haven't put them out, sent them to another store, or are holding them as evidence in their junior detective kit ;). I did see a few others I had traded in there so who knows... On the flip side, I've cleared out about 14 or 16 of their cheap crappy used 360 games so they ought to be happy with me. I was on the fence about buying those on the account - on the one hand, I always think it's good to show them that you buy stuff in case they review your account. On the other hand, I could see the junior detectives getting all excited that I bought a couple of the same games multiple times. They'll probably concoct some elaborate return fraud scheme and accuse me of it :roll:.

Anyway, in other news I noticed they have Soul Calibur IV preorder signs up now to go along with the Guitar Hero Aerosmith and NCAA/Madden 09 ones. I asked if I could preorder Civilization Revolutions (since one person there told me I could preorder anything but they might not get it). The person today couldn't figure out how that works so I tried another tactic - I asked if they had any on order for sale. They have none on order - so that means no preorder and no purchasing on release day new either. Bah... Well, I guess I'll use some of that Gamestop credit for it. See, they can't be upset with us trading things back into Gamestop to transfer credit if they don't even get new games in for sale!

Also, since B1G1 doesn't seem to be happening, I think it is somewhat strange they bumped up ALL of the $14.99 Wii games to $16.99. They were all retagged at this store: Sonic, Tony Hawk Downhill Jam, Super Monkey Ball, and even Ice Age 2 and a few others. Each and every one of them was $16.99 (or more). Maybe it is still coming but they just got a little ahead of themselves on the price increases.

blockbuster/gamerush has a lame policy on returning used game. They won't let you return it for either full refund or store credit -_- they can only give you same game if the one you're returning is defected. I know I won't be shopping for games at BB/GR anymore unless they have it super cheap and NOT SO BADLY SCRATCHED!

I usually just stalk this forum (I love it!) and rarely post, but this was just too ridiculous and I had to share. I have a gamerush and a gamestop literally right next door to each other. This is no joke! I don't even know why they would do something like this! Anyway, I had a major haul today.

Here goes, I had a $25 GS Gift Card used it to pick up two Stanglehold CEs and a Sega Superstars Tennis (360). Paid about ~$25 OOP. Walked next door traded it all in for $91.

So I came home did some work then took some of my trade fodder back to the GS got about $65 in TIC. Picked up two more Strangleholds (regular) and two Sonic Riders Wii paid ~$15 OOP. Walked next door traded that in for $108. So I just spent about $40 to make over $200 I almost bought a PS3 just for the hell of it, kind of as a thank you to BBV.

[quote name='luan87us']blockbuster/gamerush has a lame policy on returning used game. They won't let you return it for either full refund or store credit -_- they can only give you same game if the one you're returning is defected. I know I won't be shopping for games at BB/GR anymore unless they have it super cheap and NOT SO BADLY SCRATCHED![/QUOTE]

Well, if the problem is they are badly scratched then that is defective - just tell them it doesn't work in your system. If they don't have another I would think they would have to give you a refund. I mean, I understand them wanting to keep people from buying games and playing them for a week and then returning them. But if you bought them to flip and they aren't good for that any more I'd have no problem with the "defective" excuse (especially if they look scratched).

When I bought the games for Gamestop transfer I always asked to look at multiple discs and, noting my concern for bad discs, they usually let me know that I have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work.

[quote name='nintendoforever']Central California.[/quote]

Are you trading into the San Luis Obispo Game rush? They seem to be ban happy...

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Hey guys I have a great deal for you!

Thanks to bsesb2003 for his post in another thread.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00118T6FK/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Amazon has MLB 2K8 for PS3 for $15.99. TIV as of 9AM this morning is $36 at BBV/GR!

Obviously even with Prime you wont get this until Tuesday if you order now. But even if it drops to $30 then its still a good easy deal.

Or you can pay $3.99 with Prime and have it on Monday. Im not sure which Ill do. But Im in for 2 copies. Hope this helps!

EDIT: I went ahead with normal 2 day prime. Im hoping I ordered early enough today for it to get moving today and MAYBE come on monday. If not then I will hope it doesnt drop below $30 on Tuesday. And hopefully it doesnt drop at all ;)[/quote]

Even if it were to drop in price you could always return it to Amazon, right?

[quote name='luan87us']blockbuster/gamerush has a lame policy on returning used game. They won't let you return it for either full refund or store credit -_- they can only give you same game if the one you're returning is defected. I know I won't be shopping for games at BB/GR anymore unless they have it super cheap and NOT SO BADLY SCRATCHED![/quote]

It might just be your BBV, I've returned at least two games in the last week.

Its BBV fault for not keeping up with the market. And really with gift cards, coupons, etc there is no way of knowing how much people are making or losing on trades.

[quote name='CaoPi']is BB network linked? Can they look up in the computer if another BB has a used game in stock for sale? I'm trying to look for Twin Snakes[/quote]

can anyone answer my question?

[quote name='king007']Have the banned people tried calling the fraud prevention office of BBV? I had a very nice store manager that told me if i could produce receipts for some of the games i bought that he would try to have my ban removed. So i produced a couple. He smiled and said i know whats going on here. He called the fraud prevention/security people and told them he had receipts for the games proving i had bought them legally. He didnt mention the price:lol:. The fraud prevention people said that as long as there was no suspicion of theft that they HAD to take them. So my ban was removed. The employee even said i could trade there anytime. NO LIMIT. Just no more than 2 of the same game a day. When he said he was calling the fraud prevention of BBV Corp i thought i was in deep S!!!!. Turns out he was on my side. Ban was removed from ALL stores.

Its BBV fault for not keeping up with the market. And really with gift cards, coupons, etc there is no way of knowing how much people are making or losing on trades.[/QUOTE]

Honestly this just seems stupid. If people are abusing their privilege (that what it is its a privilege and not a right) to trade at BB then they as a store have the right to cease any and all trade transactions. I don't understand why people keep expecting them to keep taking trade ins if its being abused. If GS has the right to refuse to take in trades because of various conditions (ie. disk scratch, etc.) then why can't BB.

Now if they just stop taking trades in for no reason thats one thing but if there is a history of trades abuse that's another. If you guys read what the trade agreement it states they have the right to cancel any and all transactions based on their discretion.

As someone else put it in the other BB thread patience is the key to trading with BB, not abuse.

If the abuse continues it just ruins it for every one else (kunai is the exception of course). People that just want to do trade ins will more likely be under suspicion because of other peoples abuse.

/ END RANT

[quote name='CaoPi']can anyone answer my question?[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware, no - they cannot look up stock at other stores.

[quote name='Draknight'] If GS has the right to refuse to take in trades because of various conditions (ie. disk scratch, etc.) then why can't BB.
[/QUOTE]

But GS doesn't ban people without their knowledge for following their own rules. (And besides, GS doesn't usually refuse trades based on disc condition - they just slap you with a refurb fee ;)).

If they want to refuse a trade based on the disc condition - FINE!
If they want to refuse a trade because there is no original insert or manual - FINE!
If they want to refuse a trade because they have too many of that title - FINE!
If they want to refuse a trade because the person has already traded that game in - FINE! (Though this is not in the trade agreement it falls under the "revision without notice" clause I guess)
If they want to tell a customer that they can only trade 1 of a title across all stores for all time and they will be watching them, FINE! (again, like above)

What is not fine is the arbitrary banning based on half-baked assumptions (as I said before). They usually don't ban people simply for excessive trading (or "abuse" as you call it - however the hell you define that!). They do it because they think they've figured out some con that you are running - whether it be pure theft or return fraud or whatever. And yet it is very difficult to get the reasons out of them for why they ban and thus clear your name when you are innocent of what they are assuming.

I'm not sure why King007 removed his original post as that seems like a reasonable response once they get the full story.

[quote name='io']

I'm not sure why King007 removed his original post as that seems like a reasonable response once they get the full story.[/quote]

After reading other peoples posts i just figured that ban removal is done on a store by store basis and that there may be no need to even try going above the heads of the store managers.

[quote name='io'] They do it because they think they've figured out some con that you are running - whether it be pure theft or return fraud or whatever. And yet it is very difficult to get the reasons out of them for why they ban and thus clear your name when you are innocent of what they are assuming.
[/QUOTE]

They still have the right to refuse service based on their discretion whether these assumptions are true or not. It is THEIR store that you are WILLINGLY going to, to do trade ins. If you don't like what they are doing you can always take your business elsewhere or go to another BB altogether.

That wasn't my point however, my point is that because there are people who take flipping to the extreme (Kunai being the exception again) it just raises red flags for those of us that are really doing normal trading.

[quote name='Draknight']They still have the right to refuse service based on their discretion whether these assumptions are true or not.
[/QUOTE]

Well, sure. I have the right to walk down the street talking to myself and waving my arms about. Doesn't mean it's a good idea though ;).

Anyway, I understand what you are saying - they can do whatever the hell they want. The point I'm making is they are doing that based on wrong assumptions and applying the bans arbitrarily - nailing one person for trading in 2 or 3 of the same game, letting others who trade 20-30 go on... If they have a problem with the trade restrictions as they are now (2 per game per day), then they need to make some sort of consistent and specific rules and then not ban people for following them - even if this is on a store-by-store basis (posting rules for that store or whatever).

Anyway, I'm done belabouring the point. I have a question for our Blockbuster employees - what is the new sale price on Dragon Quest Swords? I see it has had what I think is a universal drop to $39.99. I'm pretty sure I've still seen it for sale new at a couple stores just recently. I was wondering, in general, if they were good about following such price drops? I've never seen a new game at a regular Blockbuster go through a price drop so I was curious to see what happened in this case. At my old GR I remember they would make drops though often well after other stores did (I guess it is the same as with the trade-in prices ;)). If it does drop, then I may hold off on a few other games too. For example, Burnout Paradise (hey, that's another that I think has dropped - I would definitely snag that for $40 in BB credit but I haven't seen it recently).

quick question, whenever you go to make a new trade-in can they see what previous games you've traded in? Cause i've traded in about 4 copies of stranglehold (2 at one BB at different times of the day, and 2 at another mixed with sega super star tennis) and dont want to end up being "flagged".

Not sure if there's any flippability, but Twilight Princess (GCN) is now 14.99. I picked it up because I have yet to try it and can't find a decent priced version for Wii.

[quote name='io']Anyway, in other news I noticed they have Soul Calibur IV preorder signs up now to go along with the Guitar Hero Aerosmith and NCAA/Madden 09 ones.[/quote]Mine had a Star Wars Force Unleashed preorder sign tonight. I was told, as well, that I could preorder anything they were slated to get at release.

[quote name='nintendoforever']Central California.[/quote]
Where in Central California? If it's in or around Fresno please list the cross-streets because I would like to avoid that store. I've had no problem doing trades of the same game at the same store spaced out a week or so but I dont want to push my luck with a suspicious manager lamenting BB's slow reaction to the market.

BB TIV today:
:ps3: Sega Superstars Tennis - $30

Just traded two games tonight

American Idol (360) -- $35

The club (PS3) -- $30

I asked the cashier to put the credit in my value card but she said the system didn't let her do it but automatically put the credit into my account (which means it can only be used in this store.) It's weird coz I never have this problem before. Any of you guys got this before? do you think it's just the cashier messed up or I got some "special treatment"?

[quote name='allen9917']Just traded two games tonight

The club (PS3) -- $30

I asked the cashier to put the credit in my value card but she said the system didn't let her do it but automatically put the credit into my account (which means it can only be used in this store.) It's weird coz I never have this problem before. Any of you guys got this before? do you think it's just the cashier messed up or I got some "special treatment"?[/quote]

I've never had any problems putting credit on a value card. I've traded in at three different stores in my area, I've always asked to have the credit placed on my card, and they've always done it. Sounds like that employee was either being an ass, was new, or just stupid.

[quote name='blackmilk']Where in Central California? If it's in or around Fresno please list the cross-streets because I would like to avoid that store. I've had no problem doing trades of the same game at the same store spaced out a week or so but I dont want to push my luck with a suspicious manager lamenting BB's slow reaction to the market.

BB TIV today:
:ps3: Sega Superstars Tennis - $30[/quote]

Nope, not in fresno. Modesto/Turlock Area.

The club (PS3) -- $30

I asked the cashier to put the credit in my value card but she said the system didn't let her do it but automatically put the credit into my account (which means it can only be used in this store.) It's weird coz I never have this problem before. Any of you guys got this before? do you think it's just the cashier messed up or I got some "special treatment"?[/quote]

Its an option in their system to put it on the value card. They were just hurting for sales, so they wanted to force you to spend it at their store.

The club (PS3) -- $30

this has happened to me every time i've traded in a game to BBV so far (at the one i go to). i usually just ask to put it on a gift card, or after they fiddle around with the computer (or get a manager to come), they manage to put it on my value card. but what the guy above me said could be true too

btw... anyone know if you can reload value onto a BBV gift card?

The club (PS3) -- $30

this has only happened to me at one BBV and they have $38 of my credit still. the lady claims she cant transfer it to a gift card and on top of that the games i want they never have in stock :headache:

[quote name='drgnasdt']this has happened to me every time i've traded in a game to BBV so far (at the one i go to). i usually just ask to put it on a gift card, or after they fiddle around with the computer (or get a manager to come), they manage to put it on my value card. but what the guy above me said could be true too

btw... anyone know if you can reload value onto a BBV gift card?[/quote]

Depends if their the reloadable type, the ironman, hulk, hanah montana are reloadable gift cards while the ones that say $20, $10, etc are not.

In most cases the employee has no idea how to do trades, its not really something they learn when they get the job. So probbly just an ill advised employee.

I haven't had any problems putting credit on a value card so far, but it has taken a couple tries before getting it right. It's not like it's difficult, you follow the instructions on the back of the card. Sometimes I want to grab the card and the scanner gun and tell them I'll do it myself.

So, I've only been flipping since the HoV era (late Jan/early Feb 08)...but these are my total stats so far:

Total spent: $216 +/- $2 (after tax)
Total credit: $544
Ratio: ~2.52:1
Games traded in: 34 (across 2 locations)

I looked at the total credit tonight and realized I would have been able to buy a PS3 had I not already spent some of the credit over time. But, then, I don't really want a PS3...or even a 360 for that matter. I'm considering building up enough credit to get 2 DS Lites so everyone in the family has their own...I'll be getting close to 0 credit left after buying everything I've preordered in the next couple weeks.

Just had my BB tell me I go to " Kmart" and buy Stranglehold for 30 bucks and bring them back to BB for 35....... yep their investigation unit has not been the same since Matlock died.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Just had my BB tell me I go to " Kmart" and buy Stranglehold for 30 bucks and bring them back to BB for 35....... yep their investigation unit has not been the same since Matlock died.[/quote]
Haha, what did you say? I guess it better then knowing the actual price your getting it at.

[quote name='ets']Haha, what did you say? I guess it better then knowing the actual price your getting it at.[/quote]

Honestly the only words/question that came to mind was: (and I quote) " Do you think the Hamburgler will ever be brought to justice?"

After a brief awkward silence I took my 70 dollar gift card and got out of dodge.... oh well I still have 12 other BB in the valley, and no KMARTS:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back