The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

i hate to do this but ive read the last 5 pages and found nothing.....is there any flips with the 30% off GC and XBOX games at GS? Cuz i know there isnt a lot of those games that get alot but 30% plus edge 10% isnt bad if there a few buck to be made

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']i hate to do this but ive read the last 5 pages and found nothing.....is there any flips with the 30% off GC and XBOX games at GS? Cuz i know there isnt a lot of those games that get alot but 30% plus edge 10% isnt bad if there a few buck to be made[/quote]

Very very very very unlikely. I dont think I have seen a Xbox or GC game used at BBV for more then $10. Therefore TIV probably wont be more then $5 at most.

i think JAWS for XBOX still fetches for $12 at blockbuster and it sells for 12 at GS...so that might be the only one...and its not very good

[quote name='Bezerker']Fatal Intertia (360) is down to $13.22 on Amazon. $13.22 -> $32 is awesome. Ppl may hate me, but i'm in for 15. According to the "stock checker", theres only 2 left now. Better buy them quick!

I flipped a bunch of games back and forth from GS to BB and vice versa. I'm trying to move as much credit to Gamestop as I can before the end of the $10 bonus deal on Sunday. I'm getting tired of the stress of worrying if i'll get a refurbish charge because BB likes to sell the shittiest looking rental copies sometimes.

*edit*

To counter-balance my taking, heres a little giving:

If you cant find FF (Wii) at TRU, Gamestop sells it used for $14.40 after edge & 10% coupon). New price is $20 (which is still good if you're just moving credit back and forth from GS & BB)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65559[/quote]

How do you move 15 copies of one game without being banned? And you bought that many before tues. I never order games this late in the week. Bad omen.

[quote name='king007']How do you move 15 copies of one game without being banned? And you bought that many before tues. I never order games this late in the week. Bad omen.[/quote]

Store manager at my favorite location lets me trade in as many copies as I want. There is no official trade limit anymore (just whatever the manager or cashier makes up). That and I also have around 10 blockbusters within 15 miles of where I live, and they're all within minutes of Gamestops. I've got a map in my head where even if i'm trading 1 copy at a store, I can plot it so that I never have to go out of my way.

My games wont ship til Monday it seems (Says i'll get them Wednesday w/ the 2 day shipping) so if the used price of FI drops on Sunday, I can always cancel my order and not have to worry about shipping anything back.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']i think JAWS for XBOX still fetches for $12 at blockbuster and it sells for 12 at GS...so that might be the only one...and its not very good[/quote]

Just called Blockbuster (11:50pm, if I can call this late, you guys can too, lol.) Jaws for XBX only gets $6 unfortunately.

I just turned one 2k8 MLB from amazon into $200 store credit at blockbuster. I was flipping between GS and BBV. Rinse and Repeat. I wish i took advantage of the extra $10 at GS from the start of the sale. I've found tons of MTR and EDF at my local BBV.

I still got plenty of 2k8 MLB from amazon, couple of F4:RotSS from TRU, and a hand full of FI with the adjusted price from amazon with prime shipping. Bought 2 wii's at BBV. My favorite BBV manager even offered to sell me aerosmith today, but im passed that phase.

Great week! But I find myself spending more time flipping than playing games. :(

[quote name='asthmatic']I just turned one 2k8 MLB from amazon into $200 store credit at blockbuster. I was flipping between GS and BBV. Rinse and Repeat. I wish i took advantage of the extra $10 at GS from the start of the sale. I've found tons of MTR and EDF at my local BBV.

I still got plenty of 2k8 MLB from amazon, couple of F4:RotSS from TRU, and a hand full of FI with the adjusted price from amazon with prime shipping. Bought 2 wii's at BBV. My favorite BBV manager even offered to sell me aerosmith today, but im passed that phase.

Great week! But I find myself spending more time flipping than playing games. :([/quote]

Wow nice! It must be nice to have all these flippable games from BBV to GS and then back. And to find FF at TRU. My resources are limited and its sad because I have PLENTY of GSs and BBVs around me...the selection just sucks.

Tomorrow is the last day of the $10 bonus correct? Im gonna check out the two blockbusters I havent looked at yet. I have a Value Card with over $200 on it so I can buy them up and flip to GS and wait to see what happens with the sales this week.

REALLY wish I could have found a couple copies of FF:ROTSS at TRU. :cry:

I have been flipping games from BB for GS and back since the promotion started. I have no idea how much ive made so far just by flipping cause ive also traded in some other games i paid of oop. I did find four copies F4:ROTSS at my TRU. I have 2 copies left to trade in. BTW, Bezerker, doesn't trade in prices change on tuesdays?

Can someone give me cliffs on how you end up getting so much money by flipping from BBV to GS? I'm just curious, I don't plan on doing it (right now at least).

Do you have to have a bunch of credit from one store in order to do this, or a bunch of the same game??

[quote name='Quintox']Can someone give me cliffs on how you end up getting so much money by flipping from BBV to GS? I'm just curious, I don't plan on doing it (right now at least).

Do you have to have a bunch of credit from one store in order to do this, or a bunch of the same game??[/quote]

You need a few things to do this. Time is the main thing but not much of it.

Basically you either start with money out of pocket for a game or two from GS that gets good flip value at BBV. Current examples would be: SST, Fatal Inertia and FF:ROTSS. You buy however much you want to start with of these games at GS. You then go and trade them in to BBV getting anywhere from $10-20 more then you paid depending on game.

Then (and this is where it gets picky because its up to you the selection your BBV has of used games), you take that BBV credit and buy up as many of the games you can find that are in the OP that trade at either very close to the same you pay for them at BBV or a little more when you add in the Bonus at GS and EDGE. Then you pretty much repeat the process over and over again.

So if you have some time and enough GS and BBV stores around and the BBV selection is decent you can turn a $25-50 initial investment into hundreds pretty quickly.

[quote name='Quintox']Can someone give me cliffs on how you end up getting so much money by flipping from BBV to GS? I'm just curious, I don't plan on doing it (right now at least).

Do you have to have a bunch of credit from one store in order to do this, or a bunch of the same game??[/quote]

Take the credit from one store, buy a few games, sell those games, then take the money and invest in drugs, sell the drugs to kids, take all that money and buy a Blockbuster Gift Card. You might want to stick to " not planning on doing it".;)

man it seems people make a LIVING doing this stuff O_O lol. I'm off on vacation in AZ but im still gonna call a couple TRU's around me and pray they have at least 1 in stock of FF:RotSS. ALso hoping they have Blue Dragon cuz i've been wanting to get that game for a LOOONNNGGGGG ass time!

I almost picked up Earth Defense today until I got up to the register and the employee couldn't find the disk daymm...

[quote name='tbassett']I can also confirm the Fantastic 4: RSS Wii for 30 TIV @ BBV, I almost felt bad doing it but oh well. Is the B1G1 deals at BBV only used?[/quote]

DAMNIT!! I was in blockbuster today (windsor, ontario) and they've had their B2G1 promo going for a while and I seen 5 or 6 copies of it for 9.99. I'll have to check back tomorrow.

I'm gonna be in michigan tomorrow so I might as well make my trip worth it. ;)

I guess I'll let you guys know since it seems i'm the only one getting games from canada and trading them into stores in Michigan.

As I stated in my previous post, Blockbuster here has been running its B2G1 promo for over a week and have done pretty well for myself.

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast(wii) 9.99--->30 Did that with 4 copies but didn't qualify for B2G1 cause it was new

The Club (360) 14.99 --->25 Did that with 3 copies using B2G1

Sonic Riders (wii) 14.99 ---->26 Did that with 3 copies using B2G1

Sega Superstar Tennis (wii) 14.99 --->26 Did that with 3 copies B2G1

Stranglehold (ps3) 14.99 ---->33 Did that with 3 copies using B2G1 and got a 4th from GS

For tomorrow I got Nights(2), Trauma Center New Blood(1), Resident Evil Umbrella Cronicles(2), SST(1) all for wii. I'll see If I have time to get F4RSS. I'm kind of sick of the employees always saying, "You know you're buying the same game right?". :lol:

To be honest, I'm a little shocked in the price discrepancy between Blockbusters in Canada and the States.

Traded in one FF:FoSS. Found some games for flipping to GS. However, I checked all the discs and they were all scratched up pretty badly with booger and crap on them so I passed. Will try another location tomorrow. Still got 3 FF left.

[quote name='$hady']$5 on clearance and there is a 20% off clearance going on now... :D[/QUOTE]

Well, the 20% doesn't seem to work on Wii and DS titles that are $5 (but does on 360 and PS2 - weird). I got my receipt from the other day adjusted and they were only able to change Far Cry Instinct for me and not Fantastic Four, SMB, or the DS games I got. But, still, $5 is good ;). Unfortunately, between the 2 TRU I checked I only found the one copy. So I'm not as excited about it as I was earlier in the day...

As for the whole TRU 20% thing this is just from my experience late this afternoon - I haven't read the TRU thread to see if things have changed or not since then.

------------------------------------------

OK, did some catching up on CAG. I'm not sure if anyone has put the two together yet, but we have two rumors at the moment that are very relevant for this thread. First, of course, we have the B1G1 at Blockbuster. But it is also being reported by a few people that the GS Trade 2 get an extra $10 promo is being extended till late July. If those both come true... :drool:...

But the problem is I bought up a ton of stuff already. But with B1G1 I can venture a little further out (there's several more Blockbuster stores I haven't been to that aren't too far away). Plus, of course, it opens up a lot more possibilites (where they haven't bumped them to $16.99).

Just entered in my totals for the day (dumped 8 of the 9 games I got Wednesday night at Blockbuster at GS - all the values held including Spiderman 3, Spiderman FoF, Virtua Tennis 3, Shrek 3, MtR). Since the GS promo started a couple of weeks ago I have gotten $571 in GS credit from my Blockbuster credit. I don't feel like totaling up the Blockbuster side of that right now, but it is probably around $500. Not too bad for what wasn't all that much work (plus it was kind of fun searching BB's for the games). I'm down a bit in BB credit, though I still have plenty and I have $100 or so still left in Coke Rewards gift cards that I don't count as part of my trade-in money. But if the B1G1 happens while the GS promo is extended, man, I will be doing lots more. I don't really need to (I have over $1000 at GS now) but, man, I couldn't just let that pass me by. I'd like to keep enough at BB to get a PS3 eventually, but then if I can double it via those 2 promos, well, then I don't really need it there do I? I can get a PS3 at Gamestop I think ;).

Too early for me to call, but Sega Rally Revo (ps3) is $18.91 on Amazon. I remember that used to get $36. I'm gonna be hitting up a Blockbuster after picking up my new guitar from Sam Ash^_^, so I'll ask when I get there if someone else doesnt get it before I do.

*edit*

Bleh, its up to $24.99 on Amazon while the 360 version dropped to $13. Unfortunately the 360 version is only worth $8, so no deal there.

Hope I can get over to TRU tomorrow. I really hope that Trade 2 for $10 more deal at GS holds up. I want to start converting my credit and buy a hell of a lot of new games, especially Diablo III!

[quote name='Karuto']Hope I can get over to TRU tomorrow. I really hope that Trade 2 for $10 more deal at GS holds up. I want to start converting my credit and buy a hell of a lot of new games, especially Diablo III![/quote]

when did they announce DIII?

This current stretch, with BB trying to make a splash in video game trading, may go down as the greatest era in flipping history.

Today (6/28) I traded 2 copies of The Club (PS3) for $60. F1 (PS3) fetched $23. HOTD 2/3 (Wii) scored $17. Gfather The Game (360) was $12. And drum roll please......5 copies of FF:RoSS (wii) netted $150. There's no way this is going to go on much longer, the 5 copies only cost $26 with tax @ TRU.

So, I just decided to cash-in on the spot, and bought (all new): MGS4 $60, Grid (360) $60, a Dual Shock controller $55, put a $5 pre-order down on NCAA09 (360), and have about $75 in credit left. Plus, the $50 I already prepaid @ Gstop for NCAA09 can now go toward something else.

Now, 2 of the games were from my own collection, but The Club, FF:RoSS, and Gfather were purchased fodder. I spent $58 out of pocket . I hope this never ends, but now is the time to take advantage of BB's generosity.....

I just got back from Blockbuster and picked up THE DARK KNIGHT wall paintings which has Joker writing Why So Serious (in blood behind a window) only $29.99, manager said eaclh store in the district got just 1, and was told it would be a fairly limited run, and will switch to a painting displaying Batman instead (He said they have a sku for a different darknight painting, but will be a few weeks till they get it......so take it for what its worth, might want to grab it now with some of that credit.....It looks AWESOME on my wall right now :)

Woot got the last copy of silver surfer at my toysrus. Called another and the guy will hold the last 2 there for me :). All in All my cash $35 ------> $210 credit. Im gonna stroll in there to pick it up after my nap.

[quote name='animemaniac14']when did they announce DIII?[/QUOTE]

Just this morning at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational. Check it out: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/19701

Too bad you can't check store inventory online. I don't know if they will hold games for 24 hours, since I will definitely be there tomorrow.

Omfg, I found out my store has a lot of copies, and I ordered 6! Great day!

Yes this is too easy. Went to my local Toy's R Us picked up 6 copies of Silver Surfer for the Wii got 192.00 credit for 32.63 spent Not too shabby at all. Put 10 down on Soul Caliber for the 360 and Star Wars Force unleashed for the 360.

[quote name='averageguy']Yes this is too easy. Went to my local Toy's R Us picked up 6 copies of Silver Surfer for the Wii got 192.00 credit for 32.63 spent Not too shabby at all. Put 10 down on Soul Caliber for the 360 and Star Wars Force unleashed for the 360.[/quote]
Explain this please. You bought 6 copies of Silver Surfer Wii at TRU for $5 each? Then brought them to Gamerush or Blockbuster? Then you got $192 worth of credit for this?

Yes, because BB adds tax to your credit, since they're essentially buying it off of you. So he traded in all of these and got like $12 extra in tax money. So, 6 copies of FF in for $192. I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. I may have to split my trip up to a few BB's to avoid any unnecessary experiences. XD

[quote name='Poor2More']I just got back from Blockbuster and picked up THE DARK KNIGHT wall paintings which has Joker writing Why So Serious (in blood behind a window) only $29.99, manager said eaclh store in the district got just 1, and was told it would be a fairly limited run, and will switch to a painting displaying Batman instead (He said they have a sku for a different darknight painting, but will be a few weeks till they get it......so take it for what its worth, might want to grab it now with some of that credit.....It looks AWESOME on my wall right now :)[/quote]

Yep just got mine, and yeah its only one per store. I had to hit up 3 stores but it was worth it.:D

Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $30
FF RoSS (Wii) - $30

I'm retiring from the current bonus $10 promotion. I moved the last of my BB Credit to GS today. I started a few weeks ago by spending $200 cash and came out with:

2x Ikgaruga (GC)
2x Pikmin 2 (GC)
2x Sukoden V (PS2)
2x MGS4 (1 regular, 1 LE)
1x LoZ Twilight Princess (GC)
1x Odin Sphere (PS2)
1x Dual Shock 3 controller
a ton of other sub $9.99 games for my own collection.

And I still have $310 left in GS credit. I did pretty damn good if I say so myself. I can only imagine what i'd come out with if I had hit up the other nearby cities.

[quote name='Karuto']Yes, because BB adds tax to your credit, since they're essentially buying it off of you. So he traded in all of these and got like $12 extra in tax money. So, 6 copies of FF in for $192. I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. I may have to split my trip up to a few BB's to avoid any unnecessary experiences. XD[/quote]

To clarify, added tax depends on your location. Here in Tx they don't do that. :cry:

I as well think I am done flipping for a while, my backlog is absurd, I need to start playing some of these games before I pick up anymore...although the b2g1 will cause me to pick up a used MGS4 man i wanna play that game.

I just picked up 6 copies of Fantastic Four: ROTSC for $5 each, fliped them all back to Blockbuster, got around $190 in credit :), best flip I seen in a good while :)

I finally got rid of my games! The nearby Blockbuster still doesn't work. Their systems are screwed. They can't even activate my trade account there. I went all the way to another Blockbuster about 5 miles away and it worked there with no hassles :). 5 miles biking there + 5 biking back is definitely a good workout. I made pretty good time if you ask me. Got there in ~17 minutes. That's a good average of 17.5 MPH. Could definitely do it faster if I had a road bike.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I finally got rid of my games! The nearby Blockbuster still doesn't work. Their systems are screwed. They can't even activate my trade account there. I went all the way to another Blockbuster about 5 miles away and it worked there with no hassles :). 5 miles biking there + 5 biking back is definitely a good workout. I made pretty good time if you ask me. Got there in ~17 minutes. That's a good average of 17.5 MPH. Could definitely do it faster if I had a road bike.[/quote]

i'd ride my bike but in arizona...110 *F is kinda a giant advisory slapping you in the face

Found only one copy of Fantastic Four at TRU and my BB wouldn't let me trade it in because I didn't have a trade account. Ended up walking out with Hot Rod used on DVD and Tony Hawk's Project 8 used on 360 anyway for $21.xx. They had that joker poster that every BB is only carrying one of. They also had Mario Power Tennis for GC for $15.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I finally got rid of my games! The nearby Blockbuster still doesn't work. Their systems are screwed. They can't even activate my trade account there. I went all the way to another Blockbuster about 5 miles away and it worked there with no hassles :). 5 miles biking there + 5 biking back is definitely a good workout. I made pretty good time if you ask me. Got there in ~17 minutes. That's a good average of 17.5 MPH. Could definitely do it faster if I had a road bike.[/quote]

Tell them to just open up a new Blockbuster account for you. Then they can start all over and sign you up for a fresh trade account.

What's the word on the limit for trading in duplicate titles? I just started flipping yesterday (turned $100 cash into $85 GS credit which is surprising for a random splurge so thank god for the next gen deal) and locating most of the GR BBs. I came across a posted notice stating they have the right to reject same title trades, but is there an exact number or does the manager of the particular chain decide instead of corporate? I can already tell I'm going have one hell of an uphill battle juding from the general demeanor of most of the management I met in certain locations. =\

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']turned $100 cash into $85 GS credit which is surprising for a random splurge so thank god for the next gen deal[/quote]

Priceless...

An FYI for everyone else, you're NOT supposed to spend cash at BB. One good way to take advantage of the deal would be:

Buy Fantastic 4 (Wii) at either TRU for $5 or Gamestop for $16, or Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) for $16 and trade it in for $30 at BB. Then at BB buy X amount worth of games from the list in the OP and then trade those to Gamestop. You would have just turned $5-$16 cash into $30+ credit at Gamestop. Then from there you can buy another two Sega Superstars Tennis' or Fantastic 4's and trade those in to Blockbuster for $60 total.

You just turned $5-16 into $60 in what would only take 15 minutes here in Tampa (really just depends on how close you have Gamestops to Blockbusters)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've learned my lesson. I was in a rush without a list and started picking through Targets and TRUs for whatever I could find. Most were Viva Pinatas and Meet The Robinsons with a Project 8 here or there. Had I know about FF I would have actually MADE some money, haha. Oh well. It won't happen again plus it was cash I could easily afford to blow. Most of the BBs I went to were ravaged so I didn't bother opening a trade account nor spending any money there.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.'](turned $100 cash into $85 GS credit[/quote]

fail.jpg

(I have over $1000 at GS now) but, man, I couldn't just let that pass me by. I'd like to keep enough at BB to get a PS3 eventually, but then if I can double it via those 2 promos, well, then I don't really need it there do I? I can get a PS3 at Gamestop I think ;).[/QUOTE]

Over 1K in GS credit! We may have to start calling you Kunaio.

hey Inky, I know i shouldn't be laughing, so i apologize. But dont worry, you'll make that money back in no time.

for the GS $10 promo, I think they changed it to $5 minimum trade in value. I picked up bewitched which trades in for $4 and the computer denied it. I was able to return it at my BB because i bought $100 worth of used games.

[quote name='asthmatic']hey Inky, I know i shouldn't be laughing, so i apologize. But dont worry, you'll make that money back in no time.[/quote]

Eh, shit happens and I'd be laughing just the same if the situation were reversed. I deserve a good roasting for wasting spare cash, but as I recall most of the worthwhile titles posted in this and the GS thread were nowhere near to be found in the locations I had time to check out anyway. And without a proper list I would have lost MORE money to begin with. Besides sooner than later I would have blown the cash on something else or had to bail someone out of a jam with it so I'm not crying over it. Oh, and you're right. I do plan on recooping my losses and making good on this utter debacle if GS ever starts their B2G1 special. Hopefully by then I'll have better luck in terms of selection from BB.

So is anyone going to answer my dupe title question or is it manager's choice like I assume? I'd rather not waste time and gas because I'm almost sure I saw at least a couple copies of FF in the TRU I hit yesterday. I just hope it wasn't for 360. >_>

Also... does anybody know how old the systems are at most BB locals?

[quote name='asthmatic']for the GS $10 promo, I think they changed it to $5 minimum trade in value. I picked up bewitched which trades in for $4 and the computer denied it. I was able to return it at my BB because i bought $100 worth of used games.[/quote]

Ummm unless that was JUST started like less then an hour ago you got screwed somehow. You did trade in PAIRS right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back