The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, i figured it'd be YMMV.

I'm heading out in a minute to a bunch of Gamestops with plenty of PS3 coupons in hand. I'm down to $120 GS credit (bought another wii and 2 more MGS4 LE's), so i'm going to use the last of that to move back to blockbuster, and blockbuster back to GS.

Wish me luck![/quote]
Good luck, i'll be doing the same but have my two kids with me. Should be quite the adventure. Have a set of PS3 games to go to an out of the way Blockbuster then mapped out a back route where there are two gamestops and another Blockbuster.

[quote name='Poor2More']are all Blockbusters doing this B1G1 (non-gamerush)? Because I called and they had no clue what was going on[/quote]

All corporate stores are. Most don't know about it though. Register handles it automatically, provided the clerk scans a pair of games, then hits total, so on and so forth. Bear in mind, most blockbusters don't keep their tags up to date either.

[quote name='mkernan']All corporate stores are. Most don't know about it though. Register handles it automatically, provided the clerk scans a pair of games, then hits total, so on and so forth. Bear in mind, most blockbusters don't keep their tags up to date either.[/quote]

Thanks Bro

I looked at the second post on the first page and notice on 360 games are listed for flips from BBV to GS, for the B1G1 promo, am I missing something or are PS3 and wii games not eligible?

[quote name='Poor2More']I looked at the second post on the first page and notice on 360 games are listed for flips from BBV to GS, for the B1G1 promo, am I missing something or are PS3 and wii games not eligible?[/quote]

most bb marked up ps3 and wii games to 16.99 so they wouldnt be eligible.

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, i figured it'd be YMMV.

I'm heading out in a minute to a bunch of Gamestops with plenty of PS3 coupons in hand. I'm down to $120 GS credit (bought another wii and 2 more MGS4 LE's), so i'm going to use the last of that to move back to blockbuster, and blockbuster back to GS.

Wish me luck![/quote]

what are you doing with those MGS4 LE's bezerker? and i'm going to be traveling home today so ill be dropping by at least 10 bbvs and 10 GS' and hoping to grab my FIRST MGS4 LE :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']what are you doing with those MGS4 LE's bezerker? and i'm going to be traveling home today so ill be dropping by at least 10 bbvs and 10 GS' and hoping to grab my FIRST MGS4 LE :whistle2:D[/quote]

The price of the mgs4 LE went down to 69.99...... not even a month and they start lowering the price....grrrr

Its not hard to see that MGS4 LE isnt going to be a reseller, its just good for collectors :) Im happy to see the price drop, now I have one sitting in my game rack for 15 dollars less then it originally cost :)

Yeah, methinks I'm going to stop it with buying stuff simply for my collection. It just isn't quite worth it anymore when I spend a lot of time on a few games with a collection of around 40-50.

/me says this after buying Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne last week :D

[quote name='Karuto']Yeah, methinks I'm going to stop it with buying stuff simply for my collection. It just isn't quite worth it anymore when I spend a lot of time on a few games with a collection of around 40-50.

/me says this after buying Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne last week :D[/quote]

i have that same problem too...but it's so hard to stop whent he games come so cheap :whistle2:D but i do need to catch up on all my backlog!:bouncy:

I was passing by doing some yard sale-ing, and most BBV's are picked clean of flippables, but I stopped by and grabbed:

PSP:
Crash of the Titans
Family Guy
X-men Legends II

PS2:
Manhunt 2

For a whopping $25 in BBV credit.

I also visited the nearby GS, dumped a majority of my flippables and put some money down on a preorder, then picked up a Rock Band and a Turning Point. I also noticed some nice BRD's in with the PS3 games, and a sign in the back for B2G4 on DVDs.

Turns out, the promo works on Blu Rays and HD-DVDs.

Jarhead (HD)
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (HD)
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl (BR)
Stir of Echoes (BR)
Spider-man 3 (BR)
Wild Hogs (BR) - but only because they couldn't find Chicken Little =(

All six high-def movies came out to a total of $32.

They also had Full Metal Jacket on BR, but I already have it on HD from the rebate.

Saturday mornings are usually pretty boring since baseball games don't start until 4 PM (I'm a baseball nut :p), so I hopped in my car and listened to music while heading to the Blockbuster that's an hour away. I really just wanted something to do and go somewhere I hadn't been in a while and thought they might not even have enough to recoup the $20 in gas spent. I made a nice haul, though.

10 360 games to flip for 2x at GameStop (that alone made it worth it)

(Prices from here on will be AFTER the buy 1 get 1 is applied)

Stuff to chuck on Amazon:
XB-The Guy Game(no manual) 2.50
GC-Metroid Prime 2(no manual) 5.00
XB-Psychonauts(no manual) 5.00
GC-Mario Power Tennis x2 7.50 apiece. These were both mint and complete. I think they were transferred from new to sell as used. The plastic on the top right corner of the case is cut off where the new sticker would have been.
PSP-MGS: Portable Ops 7.50

Goozex Junk:
PSP-Afterburner 7.50
PS2-Micro Machines v4 3.50
PSP-Mercury Meltdown 3.50
360-Live Arcade Unplugged 3.50
PS2-Yakuza 3.50

FOR ME:

GC-Custom Robo 3.50
Xbox-Room Zoom: Race For Impact 2.50. I'm a sucker for RC type racing games (Re-Volt and RC de Go specifically) and always wanted to play this.

Thankfully the girl working there knew the POS system well. I had my games separated to do three different transactions in case she was going to do like another blockbuster I went to and scan all the games, then the coupon, and have the cheapest ones ring up free. I didn't want to have to explain to scan two then the coupon, but she started doing them like that anyway and explained why.

Bonus: The GS I traded to had a decent GB/C section: Got Game and Watch 3, Mario Golf, Kirby's Dream Land, and Nobunaga's Ambition for ~$11 in GS credit. I'd rather they go back to the 25% off than Buy 2 Get 1 free though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the big $9.99 list of games, is there anything I should consider keeping? I ask because there's a few I'd considered hanging on to (Virtua Tennis 3, Katamari), and I figure there's gotta be a couple of sleeper hits in there.

Does Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE (PS3) get more than the reg edition. I called two BBV and neither store knew the difference. Tried to tell me there was no Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE.:roll:

FYI, the following TIVs are confirmed as of this morning:

(all PS3)

Fall of Liberty: $30
HIstory Channel Battle for/of/in the Pacific: $30
Harry Potter OOTP: $16

[quote name='confoosious']FYI, the following TIVs are confirmed as of this morning:

(all PS3)

Fall of Liberty: $30
HIstory Channel Battle for/of/in the Pacific: $30
Harry Potter OOTP: $16[/quote]

Yea, we know. TIVs change on Tuesday morning.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Its not hard to see that MGS4 LE isnt going to be a reseller, its just good for collectors :) Im happy to see the price drop, now I have one sitting in my game rack for 15 dollars less then it originally cost :)[/quote]

ACtually, MGS4 LE is a re-seller. I just sold one with the free artbook for $90 and another with the artbook and Metal Gear Saga 2 dvd for $140. I had a chance to buy another 2 today, but I want to see how much BB credit I can get, and then try to move it all back to GS before the 20th.

Found plenty of PES 08, Eye of Judgement, History Channel, Kane & Lynch & Rock Bands at my GS's. They all get $30-36 as confirmed in previous posts.

[quote name='djkunai']Yea, we know. TIVs change on Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for trying to be helpful.

Don't you have some BBVs to rip off somewhere?

Every forum has some jackass that is way too full of himself. Congrats, you won the prize here.

[quote name='confoosious']Sorry for trying to be helpful.

Don't you have some BBVs to rip off somewhere?

Every forum has some jackass that is way too full of himself. Congrats, you won the prize here.[/quote]

you really took that the wrong way

[quote name='themothman421']hmm...you do speak the truth there, sir. I think I will place a little more emphasis on GS store credit, I suppose the recent frenzy of discount coupons at GS has made me drool over BBV's trade in values a little more than I should ;)[/quote]

I would keep more credit at GS. But if a game you want is available at Blockbuster, i would get it from there. Civ Revolution should be available for both systems by now. My BB's got it on thursday.

Also, the 25% coupon has got a few CAG'ers looking for recent games in used condition (ex. Battlefield Bad Company for PS3). This will cost around $37 at GS. You could buy two used PS3 games at GS for $37, trade it in to Blockbuster and get the game new instead. Here is a post i made earlier...

[quote name='makstaks']REMINDER...

Two used PS3 games from the Gamestop list can get you one NEW PS3 game from Blockbuster.

AVAILABLE NOW

Civilization Revolution
Battlefield Bad Company
Dualshock 3 ($55)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Ninja Gaiden II
etc, etc...

PRE-ORDERS

NCAA 09 (Trade this in later to Gamestop for $40 credit towards Madden 09)
Soul Calibur IV
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Madden 09
Madden 09 20th Collectors ($90)
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 CE ($79)
NBA 2k9

No hassle of driving around looking for a used Civ Revolution or Battlefield at gamestop. Get it new now and start placing your pre-orders. (I picked up Civ Revolution and GTAIV today) :)[/quote]

[quote name='confoosious']I don't see how. How did you interpret it?[/QUOTE]

The thread is flooded with repeat posts and I saw your relatively recent join date. I was just giving you a heads up in case you overlooked it.

Picked up today,

:360: Spider Man 3
:360: Armored Core 4
:360: Tony Hawk Project 8
:360: Call of Duty 3
:psp: Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
:psp: Patapon

It was a pretty good haul, I was excited to see Patapon.

[quote name='JJSP']Of the big $9.99 list of games, is there anything I should consider keeping? I ask because there's a few I'd considered hanging on to (Virtua Tennis 3, Katamari), and I figure there's gotta be a couple of sleeper hits in there.[/QUOTE]

Those are two good ones, even though I'm burned out on both series by now. I'm holding onto copies of Earth Defense Force: 2017 and Rockstar Table Tennis to play before turning them in.

New lists:

1.6 and above trade-in ratio using regular $10 promo (in descending order):

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Arcade Unplugged
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Ninety-Nine Nights
Cars
Just Cause
Tony Hawk Project 8
Spiderman Friend or Foe

1.8 and above using $15 coupon (very YMMV at this point - I'd stick with the list above):

Earth Defense Force
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Ninety-Nine Nights
Spiderman Friend or Foe
Juiced 2
Cabela's Alaska
Crash of the Titans
Enchanted Arms
Moto GP 07
Overlord
Star Trek Legacy
Test Drive Unlimited
Transformers (may actually be $19.99 at BB)

[quote name='nautdilly']blockbuster trade in values will change on sundays now.[/quote]

Lest you work in the Blockbuster IT department, I call BS. :bs:

[quote name='nautdilly']blockbuster trade in values will change on sundays now.[/quote]

You might want to substantiate that statement with some facts !!

[quote name='JJSP']Add :360: Flatout to the $9.99 -> $10.50 list (assuming the trade value held).[/QUOTE]

Fixed in the 2nd post - for the list above just slide Flatout in right after DDR Universe on both lists. It is now one of the better ones! (2.1 ratio for $10, 2.6 for $15)

Ok, I am done flipping for the time being. And some bad news on the flipping front.

First, who's the retard that went to the alton/culver BB and tried to trade in 4-6+ of the same game at once. Fess up, we wont ridicule you...

Now for what happened to me today:

I go in grab 14 b1g1 games and wanted to trade in Viking and RSV2, just ONE COPY EACH! She took Viking, but said that the computer wouldn't let her take RSV2, and that corporate put a block on that one, she said that the "company" has too many copies, or flips. She then asked if I was flipping these, Oh f*ck you'd presume, but I played like a dumbshit and said "what like taking these to another BB". And she said no to another type of store, GS. I said that seems like you'd be losing money in the process, HA HA!. But she went on to say that someone from a website called "Cheap Ass", she for got the gamer part, but oh well I knew what she was talking about. And that he brought in like 7-8 copies of one game, and that she said only 2. And he replied fine I'll just take them to another BB.

She said that she called all the stores in the area, including a BB within 1/4 mile from that one, and indeed they had just gotten 2 copies from him. She has been very polite to me the times I've been there, but today she was pretty much just trying to make fun of that guy, saying that its his full time job to flip these games. So that Bb is now off limits for me, and I'm going to just stay low for a while too to be safe. She also went on to say that corporate is putting a lot stricter limits and is monitoring trades/buys at all BB stores, I dont know if thats true or not though.

SO I think RSV2 is a no go now, I tried 3 BB and all the same result. So now I got a RSV2 I dont know what to do with. Ughh!!!

At GS though I decided to buy a few things since I was trading in 14 games and had a shit load of credit. I got a new GS brand GC controller (white) and a PS3 controller charger for $8.99 from the gamedays sale. Plus I have RSV2 now also.

All said and done I have $261.16 at GS and $28 at BB

Thats more than enough for now, I'll just wait for a while before trying to flip again, thansk to everyone in this thread, these past 3 days have been pretty good.

[quote name='confoosious']Leave it up to some dumbass to ruin it for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

exactly, and I think he tried to trade in RSV2, and maybe those stores blocked it so when I tried he had already been there.

looks like Harry Potter for PS3 went back to full price 29.99! went in store today and saw all the new ones coverted into used price. Glad I grabbed the last 3 copies yeterday!

32 > 48 at BB not too bad

Whew! Long road trip.
First hit Jackson Blockbuster: Traded in Rockband, Turning Point, Harry Potter and History Channel. Nice to have a new store to go to that isn't on to me....yet.
Got: 99 Nights, Enchanted Arms, LOTR, Need for Speed MW, Star Trek, Shrek, VT3, Lego SW, and 10 others.
Nice pickup.
While kids munched on happy meals, I pealed stickers.
Took those and a few more(24 total) to Gamestop. Rang it all up, got another History Channel and Turning Point.
Then comes the 2 foot receipt. I look it over and I didn't get the extra $10 on 14 of the games( short $70).
After about 40 minutes of voiding and reringing it was finally fixed.
Grabbed a Rockband at the other Gamestop practically next door.
Hit next Blockbuster and trade those and got: Pirates, Stuntman, and 10 others. Only screwy thing was after the fact I realized that the manager who rung me up didn't pair off the 14.99 with other 14.99's. He took one 14.99 then a 9.99, did that several times. Shorted about $20.
Lesson learned. Too far to go back, next time have them ring up seperately.

ok, to retract my last post, I'm going to do one more flip today, at the 2 very clos BB-GSs. I'm going to grab 4 9.99 games with my remaining $28 and go to GS and get a DS3 and maybe a preorder, anyone know of any good preorder gifts?

I was out kinda far away from home today and hit up a Blockbuster on the way back. When I got there I was surprised to find that there was another Blockbuster across the street, I mean quite literally. I thought it'd be a gold mine but another CAG must have been there already; only ended up with like 10 games between the two stores.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Ok, I am done flipping for the time being. And some bad news on the flipping front.

First, who's the retard that went to the alton/culver BB and tried to trade in 4-6+ of the same game at once. Fess up, we wont ridicule you...

[/quote]

To be honest, i think most people on here trade in the same games just at different BBV. I think thats the point. What you have here is someone thinking its their job to keep BBV Corp from being screwed---ITS NOT! The guy who traded in 2 each did what everyone is doing just told everyone which was stupid. But in general BBV can NOT ban you for excessive trading only if they think the games are stolen. Proof of purchase and your account is reinstated.

But this thread is starting to be leeched on by stupid people. Why the hell do people keep asking what games are the flippable ones when every damn page has games on it with TIV values. Those people need to take their lazy asses to BBV and see which ones are 14.99 and under then take their lazy asses to GS and see what they trade for. Thats what everyone here has done. Too bad that those people who actually call stores up and go to stores looking for deals then post them here for dumb asses to leech on. I say ppl that ask for TIVs get no replys.

[quote name='king007']To be honest, i think most people on here trade in the same games just at different BBV. I think thats the point. What you have here is someone thinking its their job to keep BBV Corp from being screwed---ITS NOT! The guy who traded in 2 each did what everyone is doing just told everyone which was stupid. But in general BBV can NOT ban you for excessive trading only if they think the games are stolen. Proof of purchase and your account is reinstated.

But this thread is starting to be leeched on by stupid people. Why the hell do people keep asking what games are the flippable ones when every damn page has games on it with TIV values. Those people need to take their lazy asses to BBV and see which ones are 14.99 and under then take their lazy asses to GS and see what they trade for. Thats what everyone here has done. Too bad that those people who actually call stores up and go to stores looking for deals then post them here for dumb asses to leech on. I say ppl that ask for TIVs get no replys.[/quote]

i disagree. while i know that people ask the same question over and over again, and that i am occassionally a perpetrator, that's the purpose of 'community'. we're here to get the information out to help each other be cheap asses and play games. if you take away that information, we're not really helping and we're not really a community.

[quote name='stone1061']Only screwy thing was after the fact I realized that the manager who rung me up didn't pair off the 14.99 with other 14.99's. He took one 14.99 then a 9.99, did that several times. Shorted about $20.
Lesson learned. Too far to go back, next time have them ring up seperately.[/quote]

Thats dirty as hell. I would have asked if they could be paired and if he said no i would have left them right there. Never had a BBV ring me up like that----obviously trying to make you pay more. I ran into 2 dumbasses myself (ALL AT BBV of course). One lady was like dont you trade in alot of games. I said "yes". She said "do you ever buy anything". I said "its BBV store credit what the hell else can i do with it". She looked offended. I didnt care. Im super nice to all the BBV stores and all stores know what im doing and dont care, but this lady is just mean as hell and deserved it. Anyway i started off with "fatal inertia (360) and GH3 (360)" and now im up to $520 at BBV and about $60 at GS.

[quote name='UCLAevo']i disagree. while i know that people ask the same question over and over again, and that i am occassionally a perpetrator, that's the purpose of 'community'. we're here to get the information out to help each other be cheap asses and play games. if you take away that information, we're not really helping and we're not really a community.[/quote]

Im not saying not give trade in values. Im saying dont give TIV for games that have their TIV already posted....I mean how the hell do you miss the TIVs. They are quoted in almost every post and posted again in the stories people tell.

And to the guy who thought he could trade in 6 of the same game at one store YOU ARE A DUMBASS. I have never tried trading in that many to a store....6 NO....3 YES.:lol: Sorry but back then i was a newb.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ok, to retract my last post, I'm going to do one more flip today, at the 2 very clos BB-GSs. I'm going to grab 4 9.99 games with my remaining $28 and go to GS and get a DS3 and maybe a preorder, anyone know of any good preorder gifts?[/quote]
Mirror's Edge. Free messenger bag!

[quote name='JJSP']Mirror's Edge. Free messenger bag![/QUOTE]

I'm looking into that one too! I just hope its not some mini bag that can barely hold a book =/

[quote name='Link927']I'm looking into that one too! I just hope its not some mini bag that can barely hold a book =/[/quote]
Hey, if nothing else, the game looks cool. It's not "I want a PS3" cool, but it looks pretty awesome.

'Course, if I got a PS3 from flipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back