The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='DarkRider23']I've gone through 10+ different transactions at different blockbusters. Maybe it's just around here that the computer's do it, but the computers discount the cheapest games unless the cashier hits total after scanning a pair of games. Maybe we can get some confirmation from other people though. I don't even buy games that are priced differently now. I would rather do two different transactions than one jumbled up one.[/quote]

[quote name='djkunai']I had a manager do the same thing ($14.99's all first, then the $9.99) but it still marked down the $9.99 games first, and I was missing $15.00 in discounts (3 $9.99 were free instead of 3 $14.99).

Oh well, off to kunai~[/quote]

Really? I've done like 15 transactions and as long as they scan them in pairs it works out. Oh well, just guess I got lucky.

^^ I did that, and it came out about right. For some reason, though, when I did buy the games and with the 3/$20 DVD deal, I was down $5. Definitely made up for it at GS with the $15 coupon, though. If I hadn't have bought the DVDs, the games made all their money back + $35. With the DVDs, it was $10. Still good considering I didn't pay a penny to convert. :D

About to head out to another Blockbuster that I have never visited before (and a GameStop I haven't visited in years) and try and get lucky. I was yesterday when I made $65 just by walking a couple blocks, so hopefully I'll be just as lucky. It's great to have a cell phone that reads documents, since it looks a lot less conspicuous than rummaging through a bunch of papers. Wish me luck. ;)

i know BBV changes TIV in Monday's, but is it usually a LOT of games, or just ones that they may have gotten a lot of in the last week. i'm going to try to flip some from GS to BBV, but I don't want to get stuck with them if I don't get a chance to go to BBV today...or is GS good about taking back used games with a receipt?

They change it on Tuesdays, not Mondays. Correction. No one ever knows what their motive is in dropping the trade-in values. The best idea is that if places like GameStop, Target, and Walmart drop the price of the game, BBV takes about a week or two to follow, and the TIV follows suit. Follow the price drop on Sunday to know when to dump games. I wouldn't necessarily do it on every Monday, since that would be very suspicious (I almost got caught doing that with Beowulf. The manager was pretty smart).

My bad, Tuesdays, not Monday. cool, thanks for the tip, i'll keep watching the first page of this thread and post any changes I come across also.

Universe at War still scans $39.99.

Also noteworthy, when you get a quote for TIV, it now specifically says "store crediit price" and there's some space to the right which implies they may have a column for cash prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djkunai']Universe at War still scans $39.99.

Also noteworthy, when you get a quote for TIV, it now specifically says "store crediit price" and there's some space to the right which implies they may have a column for cash prices.[/quote]

:pray:

[quote name='Poor2More']wow if they will allow you to get cash back instead of BBV credit, honesty some of us wouldent even need a job :)[/quote]

my local GS said that edge is going to take off 10% for cash back this fall, making it only a 10% cut for cash.

[quote name='UCLAevo']my local GS said that edge is going to take off 10% for cash back this fall, making it only a 10% cut for cash.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can get bonuses if you're getting cash back, but if you can that might be worth looking into...otherwise you'll be getting ripped off unless you stole the games or something (was at GS the other day and some mexican on a bicycle was selling multiple sealed copies of Ninja Gaiden II, GTA IV, and MGS 4 for cash...I saw a BB sticker on the NGII >_

[quote name='DarkRider23']That was with the B1G1. Buying a title for $14.99 and it trading in for $10.50 doesn't really get much. Getting another one free and adding another $10.50 still isn't much. $15->$21? Not to mention that I picked my BBV's dry so I'm stuck with games like Crackdown that get $8.30 and the like >_ 2 (12.70) = 14.99 -> 25.40 = about a 10.40 profit (plus it's at a store where you can use edge card & has a wider selection)...it's only worth it if you are using credit though...if cash, i dont think it's worth it

oh yea and whoever said Universe At War is 14.99, you're either wrong, or it's YMMV...it scanned 39.99 at my BBV, so i passed

funny thing today, i went to a BBV i've never visited before (leesville rd, NC), and when i was buying some good games, i saw a guy walk in and trade in a game. i peeked over and saw it was Time Crisis 4 (ps3), one of the flips on the CAG list...then i saw him look over at the used game section...when he brought up Pirates 3 (360) and Chromehounds, I immediately knew he was either a CAG or he found out about the deal some other way :lol:

I can confirm the trade in value for Vegas 2 dropped to $16 today. =\

Today in general = completely frustrating. I finally got to the bottom of the possible banning of my account. Turns out the bitch called corporate and they've been chatting about my damn account all day. Apparently the same games I had been trading in (NG Sigma, Kane, Vegas 2 and Time Crisis 4 but never any duplicates to the same store in one day) were included in a list of recently stolen merchandise from Blockbusters all over the f'n place.

...Are you kidding me!? ...fuck.

Oddly enough after the whole "We know you've been trading at multiple BBs, you can only trade the same game in twice per day, etc" speech the manager admitted he was also a flipper. He knew I couldn't have been the same criminal regardless since there's no way you could get cover art and manuals from BB rentals, but until he contacts his boss to explain everything I did was legal I can only trade there with him.

Oh, and the kicker is I have to show receipts AND get approval before they'll accept them from now on. The only plus is that I won't get banned for trading duplicates there but who am I kidding? How the hell is that a plus? Shit, I might as well retire. I'd sooner quit than rat you guys out.

Ugh. I have such a headache from all of this drama but I can't say it wasn't worth the trouble. If he'll take the last two games (which he will assuming his boss will allow me to even trade anymore) and the TIVs hold (which they probably won't... ugh) I have on Tuesday I'll have close to or over $900 in credit for a $255 investment.

Even still... I can't fucking believe it. Damn. God damn.

Scored a MGS4 Limited Edition today, and decided to keep a mint copy of Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata (in that cool little bundle they have it in) Problem with the MGS4 is that I don't think it was sealed; I could just pop open the top and there were the games - either way got that and the PS3 bundle with almost 200 left at GS, so I'm not too upset. If anyone in this thread wants it, I wouldn't mind selling it at cost + cost of gas, so PM me or AIM me at r i p icyx if you're interested.

Also ink, that blows. One of the BB's I went to actually had me put my thumbprint on the trading agreement, as they'd told me they'd been getting robbed from the games a lot lately (there was a gamestop .3 miles away, they were getting traded there) - out of all 14 or 15 stores I'd been to over the past 6 days, they were the only one to require it. Such a shame though; I think this particular B1G1 event coupled with the GS promotion really brought out a lot of greedy and clueless people who are slowly ruining it for the collective.

[quote name='swetooth9']they trade in for 12.70

so 14.99 -> 2 (12.70) = 14.99 -> 25.40 = about a 10.40 profit (plus it's at a store where you can use edge card & has a wider selection)...it's only worth it if you are using credit though...if cash, i dont think it's worth it

[/quote]

I wasn't talking about those titles... I was talking about the transaction I had just finished at GS.

[quote name='Quintox']Wait, can you only trade in 2 games a day at Gamerush, or only 2 of the same copy?[/QUOTE]

The rule is 2 copies of the same game, however, it might be suspicious, so YMMV.

[quote name='Quintox']Wait, can you only trade in 2 games a day at Gamerush, or only 2 of the same copy?[/quote]

Every clerk told me 2 same title per store (which is irrelevant since I was trading in singles anyway) when the manager flipper told me his boss said 2 of the same title per day. Period. Just do me a favor and try to limit your trading to every other day or once or twice a week even if you are trading in different games at different stores and not trading in duplicates in the same one. Unless of course you're lucky enough to have great clerks and managers who don't bat an eye at you.

Regardless of how well you play (or think you've played) the game it only takes one Jr. Detective to utterly ruin your shit.

[quote name='msam']Also ink, that blows. One of the BB's I went to actually had me put my thumbprint on the trading agreement, as they'd told me they'd been getting robbed from the games a lot lately (there was a gamestop .3 miles away, they were getting traded there) - out of all 14 or 15 stores I'd been to over the past 6 days, they were the only one to require it. Such a shame though; I think this particular B1G1 event coupled with the GS promotion really brought out a lot of greedy and clueless people who are slowly ruining it for the collective.[/quote]

Thanks man. Either my luck is shitty or I inadvertently fucked up big time. Ugh. I wasn't even aware of how much theft had actually taken place until the manager flipper showed me a huge stack of cover art from DVDs and games snatched just during the past two months from THEIR store alone.

fucking bastards.

Heres the rule on the form we all signed to clarify for anyone.

9. Trades are limited to (a) TWO copies of the same DVD title per membership account per DAY and (b) TWO copies per game platform type of the same game software title per membership account per DAY. BLOCKBUSTER may further limit number of copies of a title and overall number of goods accepted in a trade transaction or from a member or authorized trader without advance notice, in its sole discretion.

Also this rule may be important.

5. DVD and game software titles, game hardware platforms, and other products eligible for trade will be determined by BLOCKBUSTER in its sole discretion and may vary from store to store. Blockbuster may elect not to accept a particular title (including game software titles for a particular game platform) or an individual copy of a particular title, a brand of game hardware unit or any individual unit, or other product for any reason, including, without limitation, suitability of a title for resale by BLOCKBUSTER, inventory needs or the condition of any individual product or packaging.

Ok, so from this I get these rules:

- Only 2 titles of a game, meaning 2 for 360 and 2 for ps3 and 2 for wii for any given account. Meaning your Blockbuster account, the blue card they ask for every time you trade. Thats what I got from it. PER DAY, bring this with you if you want. If they try and say you already traded 2 copies bring the form you signed out (the yellow carbon copy they must give you) and show it to them.
- They can not take any game fro any reason at any time, so don't bitch about it. They have put in in writing that we all signed, if they have too many, or the resale value is too low they can block the trade via the computer. What happened to me via RSV2.
- They can not accept a game if the case is not intact, especially if there is no barcoded. This is YMMV since I was able to trade in COndemned 2 with only the clear case and game, but that manager was a woman and not knowledgeable about games, plus I made friends with her early on.
- also on the rules it says that trades are final, so no backsies after you sign them away.

also after looking at the form a bit more their use of "account" is clear to me now. They mean the original Blockbuister account you signed up with, on each for on the front top there is spot that reads:

BLOCKBUSTER Membership Account Number ("My Account"): ##############

[quote name='freshzen']I don't think you can get bonuses if you're getting cash back, but if you can that might be worth looking into...otherwise you'll be getting ripped off unless you stole the games or something (was at GS the other day and some mexican on a bicycle was selling multiple sealed copies of Ninja Gaiden II, GTA IV, and MGS 4 for cash...I saw a BB sticker on the NGII >_

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Every clerk told me 2 same title per store (which is irrelevant since I was trading in singles anyway) when the manager flipper told me his boss said 2 of the same title per day. Period. Just do me a favor and try to limit your trading to every other day or once or twice a week even if you are trading in different games at different stores and not trading in duplicates in the same one. Unless of course you're lucky enough to have great clerks and managers who don't bat an eye at you.

Regardless of how well you play (or think you've played) the game it only takes one Jr. Detective to utterly ruin your shit.

Thanks man. Either my luck is shitty or I inadvertently fucked up big time. Ugh. I wasn't even aware of how much theft had actually taken place until the manager flipper showed me a huge stack of cover art from DVDs and games snatched just during the past two months from THEIR store alone.

fucking bastards.[/quote]

Luckily for me, I came home for 3 weeks from summer vacation and started all the flipping business down here, so if I do happen to burn some bridges down here it won't be too big of a deal seeing as how I'm only home maybe 45 days out of the year total. Either way, even after reading the provisions in the contract that was pasted, I've only traded 2 copies of Kane and Lynch and 2 copies of GHIII in one day to two different stores, so I haven't done anything extreme yet.

Certainly wasn't lucky enough to be one of the people who knew about FF:ROSS flipping for 4.5 times the amount :D

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So trading in more than 2 copies of a game per system a day, at ANY number of stores is against the rules. Thats the way I see it, its right here in writing.
the capitals weren't on the form I just put the to emphasize.[/quote]

I already knew about the rule hence trading to different stores, but it was the fact that those same titles were on the stolen list + Jr. Detective detecting shit is what screwed me.

Eh, shit happens.

So long as they know I wasn't the criminal is all that matters to me now since they can't take my credit away and they'll still accept it.

how did R6V2 drop today? Can anyone inform me. I tried reading the last 5 pages, but i didnt see anything about R6V2. I hope BBV continues to update TIVs one day out of the week.

[quote name='msam']Scored a MGS4 Limited Edition today, and decided to keep a mint copy of Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata (in that cool little bundle they have it in) Problem with the MGS4 is that I don't think it was sealed; I could just pop open the top and there were the games - either way got that and the PS3 bundle with almost 200 left at GS, so I'm not too upset. If anyone in this thread wants it, I wouldn't mind selling it at cost + cost of gas, so PM me or AIM me at r i p icyx if you're interested.

Also ink, that blows. One of the BB's I went to actually had me put my thumbprint on the trading agreement, as they'd told me they'd been getting robbed from the games a lot lately (there was a gamestop .3 miles away, they were getting traded there) - out of all 14 or 15 stores I'd been to over the past 6 days, they were the only one to require it. Such a shame though; I think this particular B1G1 event coupled with the GS promotion really brought out a lot of greedy and clueless people who are slowly ruining it for the collective.[/quote]

Man I feel ya'. I've been to 3 GS to look for PS3 games to add to my library (edge + 25%off) and have seen either A. noob cag or B. clueless person whining to the store manager that they should be able to get $15 extra per 2 games for all the games they are trading because of the Ncaa coupon. Also, they dont bother to remove the Blockbuster covers from the cases and have multiples of some titles. The manager looked suspiciously at one of the guys who looked upset and was drawing too much attention to himself. Some people are ruining it.

Don't trade in multiples.
Go to different stores.
Don't argue with management.
Do it on different days.
Don't bring attention to yourself or brag about it.
Be a NINJA......swift.....silent.....dealdy;)

[quote name='asthmatic']how did R6V2 drop today? Can anyone inform me. I tried reading the last 5 pages, but i didnt see anything about R6V2. I hope BBV continues to update TIVs one day out of the week.[/quote]

I traded it in today and only got $16 instead of the $33 I got from yesterday.

The used value must have dropped, meaning the TIV will drop on Tuesday.

I just called the local BB and they're still showing $33 for it.

[quote name='CaoPi']I never took advantage with the B1G1 from BBV previously. Does this only happen 1, 2 times per year or something?[/QUOTE]

Slim Gatsby already answered but since I mutliquoted this on my morning catch-up I'll reiterate it. The last B1G1 was at the end of March - so not that long ago. I believe the last one was way back last Sept. or so. They had a drought of used game deals for a while there. The one last September prretty much only applied to PSP and last gen games since most 360 stuff wasn't that cheap at the time. I remember using it to get games for the 50% bonus trade-in on PSP/DS games at Gamecrazy. At least I think that's what I did - it was so many deals ago my memory is a bit fuzzy ;).

[quote name='Chitown021']I finally had the chance to stop by the GR closest to my house. What a waste of time. Almost all of the stuff in the BOGO bin was two year old sports titles or PSP launch titles.

Complete crap.[/QUOTE]

See, I think this is the rare case where you are better off going to a regular Blockbuster and even better off it you live in an area without Gamerush stores and most people don't think of getting gaming stuff from Blockbusters. As I said, nearly all the stores around me were untouched through Friday. I've been able to buy as much as I've wanted - the only things stopping me are the family and just getting bored from driving around so much. In terms of the regualr Blockbusters, I went to the 3 most high-traffic stores I know of (ones that tend to have the most new game/system stuff for sale). They all happened to have the crappiest selection of games for the B1G1 sale most likely because of all the foot traffic they get. Your best bet is to find the smaller stores in out of the way places - I've found at least 3 of those to be total goldmines (I purchased 12-16 at 3 different stores like that and left another 10-20 decent flipping titles on the shelf at each one). Now, GR stores are probably much better for finding the decent last-gen stuff though (like all these Mario Parties and Mario Tennis games) just simply because regular stores won't ahave many of these available.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Really? I've done like 15 transactions and as long as they scan them in pairs it works out. Oh well, just guess I got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but did they total after each pair? If they hit total (which you may not realize they are doing) it works in pairs. If they hit total at the end you'll just get all the cheaper ones free. The way to tell is if the "Coupon" is applied after each pair (then they hit total after each pair) or all at once at the bottom of the receipt (then they hit total at the end).

[quote name='msam']Scored a MGS4 Limited Edition today, and decided to keep a mint copy of Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata (in that cool little bundle they have it in) Problem with the MGS4 is that I don't think it was sealed; I could just pop open the top and there were the games[/quote]

That is actually how all the LEs came for some reason. So I wouldn't worry that somone else broke the seal.

Ink - sorry to hear your struggles man.

What is up with all the theft? How are people even stealing anyways? At least at my BBs, they have everything locked down pretty tight. I can't imagine someone stealing anything from them unless they just wanted to get a big armful of shit, run through the detectors and figure out how to get those damn yellow things out of the case at a later point. How is it even worth it?

[quote name='DanteMayCry']That is actually how all the LEs came for some reason. So I wouldn't worry that somone else broke the seal.[/quote]

Actually, if your outside box didnt have a seal around it, it means that was the store's employee rental copy.

OK, I added THPG and Soldier of Fortune to the lists in the 2nd post. They come out to 1.69 ratio with the regular promo. Not too bad - they are up there with the better $14.99 games, though there are $9.99 and $6.99 games that are still better choices.

Here are the 1.69 ratio $14.99 games:

Armored Core 4
Lord of the Rings BfME II
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Ninety-Nine Nights
Soldier of Fortune
Tony Hawk Proving Ground

But all of these are cheaper and give you better profit (from 3.0 down to 1.88 - all better than the games above)

Earth Defense Force
Meet The Robinsons
Beautiful Katamari
Lego Star Wars II
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
PSU
Shrek The Third
Spiderman 3
Arcade Unplugged
Bullet Witch
Fantastic 4
Golden Compass
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Top Spin 2
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

[quote name='io']Yeah, but did they total after each pair? If they hit total (which you may not realize they are doing) it works in pairs. If they hit total at the end you'll just get all the cheaper ones free. The way to tell is if the "Coupon" is applied after each pair (then they hit total after each pair) or all at once at the bottom of the receipt (then they hit total at the end).[/quote]

Only store managers total after each pair, the rest of the employees don't bother. As I said in my previous post, only the cautious employees seem to be totaling.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']What is up with all the theft? How are people even stealing anyways? At least at my BBs, they have everything locked down pretty tight. I can't imagine someone stealing anything from them unless they just wanted to get a big armful of shit, run through the detectors and figure out how to get those damn yellow things out of the case at a later point. How is it even worth it?[/quote]

Amen. Nearly every copy of everything available for sale that I've seen in every store has either been gutted in a plastic case or on display in wide clear view of every clerk and manager in the store. Unless these people are f*cking magicians or work for the store I can't imagine how any amateur got away with any worthwhile merch in BB. It's as if the clerks refused to notify the authorities after watching them steal from the store and flee the scene. >_>

Plus it's not as if a criminal could have gotten far in most of the middle class neighborhoods my Blockbusters are located in where cops will stop you for going half a mile above the speed limit.

Unfathomable.

[quote name='Bezerker']Actually, if your outside box didnt have a seal around it, it means that was the store's employee rental copy.[/quote]

That is unfortunately what I came to the conclusion of, sucks they gave it to me new :/

so i gotta ask (the whole flipping thing has me excited) is gamestop accounts linked. i know that blockbusters don't connect anything more than the account name. and i was just wondering if the same was true for gamestop. also is my placement in the system automatic or do i have to sign up at gamestop and wait a day until im in a national database (ala blockbuster)

[quote name='Gumby the Green']so i gotta ask (the whole flipping thing has me excited) is gamestop accounts linked. i know that blockbusters don't connect anything more than the account name. and i was just wondering if the same was true for gamestop. also is my placement in the system automatic or do i have to sign up at gamestop and wait a day until im in a national database (ala blockbuster)[/quote]

Gamestop systems are linked I believe. At least by your phone number. Again I don't think they care how many titles you trade in as long as its different days. I know that one of my GS have seen me 5 times with a copy of Pirates and Raw v Smackdown 2007 and there hasn't been an issue.

Traded Time Crisis 4 (PS3) and Condemned 2 (PS3) for $63 total today to BB. Time Crisis needed to be looked up manually, but the clerk had no problem taking it.

I got hit with my first two refurb fees at GS today (both $2, one on LOTR and one on Spidey 3). Completely understood, really - I'm pretty sure LOTR won't play at all. There was a funky adhesive on the top of the disk, and I tried gently taking it off - it came off alright, along with a thumbnail size chunk of the label side. Spidey was a surprise, but I'm not going to bitch about it - I still made $8 instead of $10.

about the blockbuster theft talk, one manager was bitching at another manager the other day that their employees were leaving the games inside the cases and putting them out, even in the clamshell cases around them. I asked and said that I saw this happening at another BB as well. She said that there is a way to open the clamshells, you just need either the tool or know how to do it. Thats all the info I got from her. But she was really pissed that half the games I bought had the games already in the cases.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Every clerk told me 2 same title per store (which is irrelevant since I was trading in singles anyway) when the manager flipper told me his boss said 2 of the same title per day. Period. Just do me a favor and try to limit your trading to every other day or once or twice a week even if you are trading in different games at different stores and not trading in duplicates in the same one. Unless of course you're lucky enough to have great clerks and managers who don't bat an eye at you.
[/quote]

All I mean is lets say I have 5 PS3 games to trade into Gamerush, none being the same game/copy/a duplicate. Can I do this or not?

[quote name='Quintox']All I mean is lets say I have 5 PS3 games to trade into Gamerush, none being the same game/copy/a duplicate. Can I do this or not?[/quote]

Yeah. It's completely legal to trade in as many games as you want at Gamerush. Just two of the same title per day and platform is the legal limit.

(i.e two Ratchet and Clank Whatever PS3, two R&C Whatever 360, two R&C Whatever Wii in the same store is technically legal, but anymore than that at any other store in the same day is not.)

[quote name='Quintox']All I mean is lets say I have 5 PS3 games to trade into Gamerush, none being the same game/copy/a duplicate. Can I do this or not?[/quote]

Yeah I traded 11 games (no duplicates) last night in one trade to BBV, for a total of $195. They had no problem taking them, although they seemed a bit surprised to get that many in trade at once.

[quote name='joshnorm']Gamestop systems are linked I believe. At least by your phone number. Again I don't think they care how many titles you trade in as long as its different days. I know that one of my GS have seen me 5 times with a copy of Pirates and Raw v Smackdown 2007 and there hasn't been an issue.[/quote]

Don't think they do either, unless you use the $15 coupon more then once.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']about the blockbuster theft talk, one manager was bitching at another manager the other day that their employees were leaving the games inside the cases and putting them out, even in the clamshell cases around them. I asked and said that I saw this happening at another BB as well. She said that there is a way to open the clamshells, you just need either the tool or know how to do it. Thats all the info I got from her. But she was really pissed that half the games I bought had the games already in the cases.[/QUOTE]

About every game in a clamshell has the disk in it at my BBV, they slip in in between the slipcover of the case too. Otherwise, the case only are empty.

[quote name='MrFriday18']what are the best ps3 games to get a GS and flip at BBV???[/quote]

read the 2nd post

[quote name='MrFriday18']what are the best ps3 games to get a GS and flip at BBV???[/quote]

Damn another one....Please read the previous posts before posting !!

I traded in RSV2 (PS3) got 33.00 today with no problems, that's awfully strange someone only got 13(or something like that, i can't remember) hopefully kane & lynch and turning point don't drop till after tomorrow, those are the last ps3 games I have currently I need to dump

yup don't know what's the deal with Time Crisis 4, I wonder if they also take the gun? I traded in TC 4 along with another Turning Point today and the price had to be entered manually on there computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back