The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

I went to my BBV yester day to grab some games to flip to the local Mom and pop store(Jumper-PS2 sells for 6.99 and I can get 12 credit apiece at the local place) and they were telling me that I am the only guy in town that trades with them(BBV)!!

P.S. the BB manager got crappy with me for buying multile copies of the same game. have you ever had that happen?

BBV: Are you aware that you have two copies of the same game here?
Me: Yes!
BBV: They are the same game.
Me: I know.
BBV: Why.
Me: I have a friend that wants them(true story, I know they guy at the gamestore wants them)
BBV: well you should only take on copy per customer.

[quote name='tbassett']I traded in RSV2 (PS3) got 33.00 today with no problems, that's awfully strange someone only got 13(or something like that, i can't remember) hopefully kane & lynch and turning point don't drop till after tomorrow, those are the last ps3 games I have currently I need to dump[/quote]

So is it 33 or 17? TIV are nationwide. So how does one person get 33 and the other person 17 on the same day? And what about the guy who said TIV now change on Sunday. I think people that offer info found to be false later should be banned.

So what happens when you guys trade in multiple copies of a game to different BB's?

Don't they bring up your account so they can check what games you've traded in? What do they see when they bring up your account?

[quote name='king007']So is it 33 or 17? TIV are nationwide. So how does one person get 33 and the other person 17 on the same day? And what about the guy who said TIV now change on Sunday. I think people that offer info found to be false later should be banned.[/QUOTE]
I can't help but wonder if someone traded Rainbow Six: Vegas instead of RSV2.

[quote name='king007']So is it 33 or 17? TIV are nationwide. So how does one person get 33 and the other person 17 on the same day? And what about the guy who said TIV now change on Sunday. I think people that offer info found to be false later should be banned.[/quote]

Is this really a mystery to all of you?

3 simple reasons it could have been:

1. The store he traded at is a franchise store.
2. He got ripped off.
3. He traded in Vegas 1, not 2.

Did anyone get transformers to ring up $14.99? I went to BB buy a copy of the game and it rang up $19.99. Not eligible for the B1G1.

[quote name='king007']So is it 33 or 17? TIV are nationwide. So how does one person get 33 and the other person 17 on the same day? And what about the guy who said TIV now change on Sunday. I think people that offer info found to be false later should be banned.[/quote]

Unless you're one of the people who contributes regularly to this thread, fuck off. Someone got screwed up info. Big deal. Happens all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deadlykeyboard']So what happens when you guys trade in multiple copies of a game to different BB's?

Don't they bring up your account so they can check what games you've traded in? What do they see when they bring up your account?[/quote]

These are things you need to find out for yourself. Every BBV is different. Computers are not connected. But they like to call each other and chat you know...Some of us can trade unlimited by same title trades while others have been banned for trading 2 of the same. Depends on if your BBV is full of ass**** or not.

All of this was said in previous posts as well.

Well, I was just wondering to see if it was the same with my experience.

One BB I went to said that they needed my account to check and see what I traded into other stores. I even asked, "Does it matter if I traded in copies of the same game earlier today to a different BB?"

No need to be so snippy about it. I just wanted to know your experiences.

The game I got $16 for was Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 for the PS3. I made sure the guy knew it was V2 and the TIV still registered as $16 on both the computer when he scanned it a second time and my receipt. I confirmed the cover art and game itself were Vegas 2. Since I was already way past the verge of being banned from another store I didn't bother disputing it any further.

Banning me for an error I had nothing to do with is ridiculous. I'm the only one who mentioned a problem with the game thus far and Berzerk already called to once again confirm the TIV was $33.

The problem has been solved.

from now on, I'm just going to flip in small quantities. I think the large flipping/buying at BB is a bad idea and risky in case a jr detective might be there. I'm going to stick with trading in my ps3 games at one location, since they are pretty ok there, but only one trade session for a few days. I got $250+ at GS now so that should keep me happy enough. From now on I'll just stick to flipping as a thing to do on my way home from work, no more flip trips. I just hope the rest of you full time flippers dont ruin it for all the casual ones. I'm still new to this, but I feel like my days are already near.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Is this really a mystery to all of you?

3 simple reasons:

1. The store he traded at is a franchise store.
2. He got ripped off.
3. He traded in Vegas 1, not 2.

Did anyone get transformers to ring up $14.99? I went to BB buy a copy of the game and it rang up $19.99. Not eligible for the B1G1.[/quote]

Transformers was a no go. I had them ring it up it was 19.99 used still!

[quote name='mike95']My local Blockbuster didn't have the B1G1 free. Is there a link to an ad I can show them?[/QUOTE]
It's automatic. System should ring it up by itself when they total things out.

[quote name='mike95']My local Blockbuster didn't have the B1G1 free. Is there a link to an ad I can show them?[/quote]

Have them ring up two $14.99 games and the computer should give you one for free. If it doesn't give you one for free, politely decline buying anything.

Not too suprised myself when I picked up 2 Friend or foes, conans and Sega Really Evo, these always seem to be in stock at every BB I go to. I just say they are a gift and one for me as well!

[quote name='CaoPi']Not too suprised myself when I picked up 2 Friend or foes, conans and Sega Really Evo, these always seem to be in stock at every BB I go to. I just say they are a gift and one for me as well![/quote]

Same here. Friend or Foes are everywhere. Conan, not so much but they ares still plentiful. Sega seems to have 2 copies per store I go to.

I wish they had more $9.99 games. Really sucks that they don't have many.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Same here. Friend or Foes are everywhere. Conan, not so much but they ares still plentiful. Sega seems to have 2 copies per store I go to.

I wish they had more $9.99 games. Really sucks that they didn't have many.[/QUOTE]

Oh they DID. They were just all cleaned out.

I bought every 9.99 game that didn't look like it went through a washer and dryer within a 10 mile radius.

[quote name='confoosious']Oh they DID. They were just all cleaned out.

I bought every 9.99 game that didn't look like it went through a washer and dryer within a 10 mile radius.[/quote]

Not around me actually. There are no CAGs around here. There are two stores I frequent often. The first one I cleaned out. There weren't many $9.99 games to start off with on the first day of the sale. Tons of $14.99 games left.

The other store I frequent never really had many games to begin with. They have a decent amount of games, but most are missing cases/manuals.

had a pretty HUGE haul today:

Games from BBV:

Earth Defense Force 2017 (Xbox 360)
Meet the Robinsons (Xbox 360)
Mario Party 4 (GameCube)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (Xbox 360)
Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360)
Lego Star Wars II (Xbox 360)
Ninety-Nine Nights (Xbox 360)
Mario Superstar Baseball (GameCube)
Mario Party 4 (GameCube)
Mario Party 5 (GameCube)
Beautiful Katamari (Xbox 360)
Spider-man 3 (Xbox 360)
Shrek the Third (Xbox 360)
Spider-man 3 (Xbox 360)
Armored Core (Xbox 360)
Mario Power Tennis (GameCube)

Games from GS:

Eye of Judgement (PS3) --> $36 @ BBV
Rock Band (PS3) --> $33 @ BBV

Games to GS:

Armored Core (Xbox 360)
Ninety Nine Nights (Xbox 360)
Beautiful Katamari (Xbox 360)
Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (Xbox 360)
Lego Star Wars II (Xbox 360)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (Xbox 360)
Meet the Robinsons (Xbox 360)
Shrek the Third (Xbox 360)
Spider-man 3 (Xbox 360)
Spider-man 3 (Xbox 360)

Total Credit @ GS = $125.29
Total Credit @ BBV = $22.55

Going to post a couple of the GC games i got on goozex and ebay, and keep a couple of them as well. Going back tonight to grab Xenosaga III and another $14.99 game from BBV. Hoping I can also grab a couple more flipper games at GS tomorrow and finally cash out to get up to at least $200 GS credit (that's my goal by tomorrow)

The whole BBV trading thing is YMMV anyway. So if you are in an area where your local BBV doesnt care for you trading alot of the same game then it wont work. If you have a cool BBV thats ok with it then it works magic. AND to those worried about being banned why not just come clean about what you are doing because being sneaky gets your account flagged and you will be banned eventually. WHen i say come clean i dont mean give them the damn website url. I mean tell them that you found a whole bunch on sale and want to save up for a new ps3 or something. Like i said before i have about 3 BBV that i have confessed my sins to and now can trade in whatever i want whenever i want. No questions asked. 3, 4, 6 copies of the same game....they dont care. But flipping between BBV and GS is YMMV. Started the weekend with GH3 (360) and Fatal Inertia (360) and now have a brand new 40gb ps3, wii play, and lego indiana jones (wii) thanks to B1G1. Other people will have different experiences. EOJ was the flip of the weekend though 20->36 FTW.

I had a pretty good haul today, too, despite the fact that my BB didn't have updated prices on some of its games (I saw Beautiful Katamari, but it was $34.99). Even the girl at the counter said she hadn't gotten to all of the games yet. Oh well, no biggies. I almost wasn't able to trade in Time Crisis 4 because the barcode wouldn't scan, but after trading it in yesterday, I had to walk the girl through it (while not giving a lot away), and she was finally able to do it with the help of the manager. I almost had a heart attack, since I already ripped off the GS stickers. lol

I added about $1.60 to GameStop and $7.46 to BB. I ended up picking up a few games up for myself for a change, though. I got XenoSaga Ep. III and Rogue Galaxy at BB, while getting Shin Megami Sensei Digital Devil Saga 2 at GameStop. I will be selling the latter. :D

Horray, found a Metal Gear Solid: TS for the GC for 10 bucks used @ a crappy BB. Combined that with Monster House for my son on GC and it was a great haul.

Also picked up 2 Conans, Crackdown, Armored Core IV, Lost Planet and Condemned at another BB. I finished off Conan from a previous save and will be keeping one copy. I tried LP and am pretty unimpressed so far. I think this will be going to GS this week. Crackdown will be kept for a 2nd playthrough and I will be trying ACIV and Condemned next.

Good hauls.

I am curious though..am I the only one that buys games in the hopes they are both playable and flippable? It is hard for me to buy many games and flip without trying, except for obvious crap like Fantastic 4.

[quote name='animemaniac14']is XenoSaga really that good? i keep hearing it's hard to find...but never heard reviews on it?

and what is EOJ?[/quote]

Xenosaga is honestly a top notch RPG in my humble opinion but cannot nor will ever hold a torch to the first disc of Xenogears. The Saga storyline isn't as rich in depth or as entertaining compared to Gears but the solid game play, memorable characters and phenomenal minigames made it a worthwhile purchase for me.

You're still on the fence and manage to find it to rent then go for it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Xenosaga is honestly a top notch RPG in my humble opinion but cannot nor will ever hold a torch to the first disc of Xenogears. The Saga storyline isn't as rich in depth or as entertaining compared to Gears but the solid game play, memorable characters and phenomenal minigames made it a worthwhile purchase for me.

You're still on the fence and manage to find it to rent then go for it.[/quote]

I feel exactly the same way, but I also bought it because I have XenoGears and XenoSaga Ep 1 and 2, so this completed my collection. :D

[quote name='DanteMayCry']
I am curious though..am I the only one that buys games in the hopes they are both playable and flippable? It is hard for me to buy many games and flip without trying, except for obvious crap like Fantastic 4.[/quote]

I only play the games if it seems like I can get all the 1000/1000 points on it. Otherwise, I don't really try it. So far though, I haven't flipped anything that I would want to play.

[quote name='Karuto']I feel exactly the same way, but I also bought it because I have XenoGears and XenoSaga Ep 1 and 2, so this completed my collection. :D[/quote]

ah another meticulous completionist like myself :whistle2:D

[quote name='animemaniac14']is XenoSaga really that good? i keep hearing it's hard to find...but never heard reviews on it?

and what is EOJ?[/quote]

gamerankings.com

[quote name='Karuto']I feel exactly the same way, but I also bought it because I have XenoGears and XenoSaga Ep 1 and 2, so this completed my collection. :D[/quote]

I remember begging my parents to buy me Gears used when I was younger back when the used and new prices were ridiculous ($45 used, $50 new) during a trip to New York. It's remains one of the few impulse buys of those magical yesteryears I have yet to regret. Sadly I haven't been fortunate enough to find a cheap copy of Saga II or III to complete my collection. Until now I was always a slowpoke when it came to great deals. Is II worth playing? Hours of poker all but killed any motivation toward actually beating Saga. >_>

...Oh shit. Wait a minute. CHECK YOUR BBS ANIME! I remember seeing a copy of it there for $6.99! If free is a price you can afford then search around and snatch it up man.

what r the game besides EoJ to flip from GS to BB? ive searched this thread already but cant find anything but about flipping stuff gtom the BOGO to GS

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I remember begging my parents to buy me Gears used when I was younger back when the used and new prices were ridiculous ($45 used, $50 new) during a trip to New York. It's remains one of the few impulse buys of those magical yesteryears I have yet to regret. Sadly I haven't been fortunate enough to find a cheap copy of Saga II or III to complete my collection. Until now I was always a slowpoke when it came to great deals. Is II worth playing? Hours of poker all but killed any motivation toward actually beating Saga. >_>

...Oh shit. Wait a minute. CHECK YOUR BBS ANIME! I remember seeing a copy of it there for $6.99! If free is a price you can afford then search around and snatch it up man.[/quote]

BBS? That does mean blockbuster store...correct?

es so hard to keep up with all the abbreviations in this thread...we need some sort of legend for them all :p

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Read the 2nd post again.[/quote]

2nd post is about flipping back to gamestop...i was asking about flipping from gamestop to blockbuster with 35% off used ps3 games

Well, I've got 3 Wiis, 2 DS Lites, an Xbox 1, and a couple hundred in credit still.

And I only got to hit up 1 of the 6 stores I was planning on.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']2nd post is about flipping back to gamestop...i was asking about flipping from gamestop to blockbuster with 35% off used ps3 games[/quote]

Try reading it a third time, slowly this time. There is a section with about 10 games that flip from GS to BBV, their values and ratio.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']2nd post is about flipping back to gamestop...i was asking about flipping from gamestop to blockbuster with 35% off used ps3 games[/quote]

Stop leeching or stop posting stupid shit. Your choice. This god damn question is asked on every page.

[quote name='djkunai']Well, I've got 3 Wiis, 2 DS Lites, an Xbox 1, and a couple hundred in credit still.

And I only got to hit up 1 of the 6 stores I was planning on.[/quote]

Master of flipping. How much credit have you shifted from BBV to GS?

are you fucking kidding me?

"All the ones below are priced with Edge + 25% off coupon (profit ratio in parentheses):"

[quote name='DarkRider23']Master of flipping. How much credit have you shifted from BBV to GS?[/quote]

$1100ish? That's what I would have if I didn't buy any of the stuff I did. Oh, I also bought 2 GamePasses (helping my store), $60 in DVDs, and the Joker poster. Maybe $1200 in the end.

Went around to my local BBVs (3 total) to trade-in a TC4, EoJ, R6V2 and buy games with store credit to flip at GS. Then I tradedin Rockband for PS3 at another BBV. At a 4th BBV (in Lincoln Park, NJ) I tried to trade in PS3 games, but the mgr looked at my membership card without even scanning it or looking at the games, and said my trading account has been blocked at the local BBVs because I've done vast amounts of trade-ins at BBVs in the area, and also traded-in multiple copies of the same game.

I've only traded in multiple copies of SMB:BB & FF4:RoSS at the different BBVs, and I only trade-in 2 copies at 1 BBV. The mgr also told me that she recognized my name from the card because she was at the other BBV today when I was there, and she looked into my account at the different locations, and saw the vast amount of trade-in I've done. So I went back to the first BBV where I traded-in the 3 PS3 games earlier today, and they accepted the PS3 games with no problem.

I was confused at first because I thought I read that the BBV trade-in systems at the different locations were not linked, but she said my trade acct is blocked at the BBVs (I also asked her if it's ALL BBVs, she said yes).

Is it possible for her to put a company-wide flag on my trade account?

[quote name='yuy104']Went around to my local BBVs (3 total) to trade-in a TC4, EoJ, R6V2 and buy games with store credit to flip at GS. Then I tradedin Rockband for PS3 at another BBV. At a 4th BBV (in Lincoln Park, NJ) I tried to trade in PS3 games, but the mgr looked at my membership card without even scanning it or looking at the games, and said my trading account has been blocked at the local BBVs because I've done vast amounts of trade-ins at BBVs in the area, and also traded-in multiple copies of the same game.

I've only traded in multiple copies of SMB:BB & FF4:RoSS at the different BBVs, and I only trade-in 2 copies at 1 BBV. The mgr also told me that she recognized my name from the card because she was at the other BBV today when I was there, and she looked into my account at the different locations, and saw the vast amount of trade-in I've done. So I went back to the first BBV where I traded-in the 3 PS3 games earlier today, and they accepted the PS3 games with no problem.

I was confused at first because I thought I read that the BBV trade-in systems at the different locations were not linked, but she said my trade acct is blocked at the BBVs (I also asked her if it's ALL BBVs, she said yes).

Is it possible for her to put a company-wide flag on my trade account?[/quote]

I don't know what you meant by her looking at your account at other locations? They can't do that unless they call the other BBVs and confirm what you have traded in

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']what r the game besides EoJ to flip from GS to BB? ive searched this thread already but cant find anything but about flipping stuff gtom the BOGO to GS[/quote]

Here's a summary of more or less the last 75 pages: if you don't want to read the first page, you don't deserve to benefit from the wealth and amalgamation of information that everyone here has done so hard to maintain and update. The least you can do is be informed, so we can continue to benefit from events like this in the future.

Mod's may want to clean this thread up a bit, but I guess we could let it die off and start a new one.

[quote name='CaoPi']I don't know what you meant by her looking at your account at other locations? They can't do that unless they call the other BBVs and confirm what you have traded in[/quote]

I wasn't sure what she meant either. Maybe she did call the other BBV locations the first time she saw me...but when I was there, she just looked at my membership card and said I can't trade b/c my acct's been blocked. But then I was able to trade at the first BBV (after talking to that mgr at the one that wouldn't let me trade).

I finally went and saw Wall-E today, which gave me an excuse to visit my second local store (hit up the closest one this morning). I bought a $6 Wall-E action figure at BB as well as 4 more games to flip back to GS. I had mostly cleaned out both local stores, but with THPG and SoF dropping, it gave me the chance to buy a few more. So, now I've got $640 in GS credit. Woo!

[quote name='animemaniac14']BBS? That does mean blockbuster store...correct?

es so hard to keep up with all the abbreviations in this thread...we need some sort of legend for them all :p[/quote]

Sorry. Yeah BBS = Blockbuster store. With the current sale and surplus of PS2 games no one wants it should be child's play to find a copy buried in a bin at your local store.

I really wish I had found Saga II. I had no idea it was that damn cheap at BB. ._.

[quote name='yuy104']I wasn't sure what she meant either. Maybe she did call the other BBV locations the first time she saw me...but when I was there, she just looked at my membership card and said I can't trade b/c my acct's been blocked. But then I was able to trade at the first BBV (after talking to that mgr at the one that wouldn't let me trade).[/quote]

First and foremost I'd like to personally welcome you to the "I just got banned from Blockbuster" club. Dude... I feel your pain. As for a little insight into your case in particular I would bet real cash money that your account had just been flagged somewhere between the last time you traded and earlier this morning by another manager in different store (hence why she said you were banned from other stores when in reality corporate put temp hold on your account forbidding trading on your account).

Somehow you managed to slip past a store and trade before the flag was sent or finalized much like myself earlier today.

We're both essentially in the same boat only you were banned strictly for excessive trading while I was banned for both suspicion of theft AND excessive trading. ;\

Fortunately I might not be banned and only restricted to one store after discussing my situation with the manager. In your case you may want to do the same my friend.

[quote name='yuy104']Went around to my local BBVs (3 total) to trade-in a TC4, EoJ, R6V2 and buy games with store credit to flip at GS. Then I tradedin Rockband for PS3 at another BBV. At a 4th BBV (in Lincoln Park, NJ) I tried to trade in PS3 games, but the mgr looked at my membership card without even scanning it or looking at the games, and said my trading account has been blocked at the local BBVs because I've done vast amounts of trade-ins at BBVs in the area, and also traded-in multiple copies of the same game.
[/quote]

Another NJ CAG I see. Live pretty close to me too. I'm in Lodi, NJ. Have you ever hit up the BBVs in Clifton/Carlstadt? Don't know how far away that would be from you, but just doing a quick check.

[quote name='msam']Here's a summary of more or less the last 75 pages: if you don't want to read the first page, you don't deserve to benefit from the wealth and amalgamation of information that everyone here has done so hard to maintain and update. The least you can do is be informed, so we can continue to benefit from events like this in the future.

Mod's may want to clean this thread up a bit, but I guess we could let it die off and start a new one.[/quote]

it may be good to update post 1 and 2 and then start a new thread (XIV) just to encourage use of the first two posts (most people will at least start from page 1 if the thread is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back