The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Warner1281']
edit- there's also a X360-Tony Hawk game that just dropped to 14.99 that also gets $7 at GS. Just can't remember which Tony Hawk it was.[/quote]

Its Tony Hawks Probing ground.

No that was not a typo!

Did some flipping today with the $15 coupon (the cashier guy looked at it for awhile) and 25% any PS3 coupon. Some of the games didn't have inserts or booklets, I was in a rush so didn't take off any BB stickers. Then I went ahead down the mall and looks like whoever was saw me in the previous store alerted the GS in the mall. The one in the mall ask me if I previously came from the other GS down the street. She said she got warned about a guy using multiple coupons. I just played dumb like I didn't know what she was talking about. I did another transaction with the $15 coupon inside the mall of course. But I think the 1st GS I went to took it too seriously. :roll:

Thought I was done flipping from BB to GS but then I traded Condemned 2 and 2 Vikings and only got $23 each. I somehow felt cheated and I promptly scoured that BB and managed to pick up 8 games to flip to GS. When I traded the 2nd Viking, I found 6 more games. I guess I should have checked CAG before flipping but who knew that BB has supposedly started changing TIVs on Sundays. I will more than make up for losing $2 each on condemned 2 and the 2 Vikings (after taxes). Now I plan on hitting 6 more BBs tommorrow.

When I traded 3 games on Sunday, the clerk taking in the trades looked at my account and commented that I had traded in alot of games there. I just gave him the type of answer all CAGs should stick to... "yup". The first thought that passed through my mind was that I was dealing with a "jr. detective". Then I glanced at his name tag and it turns out he was the store manager. He still went through with the trade, even scanning a store copy of GH3 for my barcode-less copy.

Against better judgement, I started to browse through the game section. I found about 6 flippable games but decided to not push my luck and raise any more eyebrows. As I was going through the games, I found a copy of Folklore tagged at $16.99. I took it to the counter and told him I wanted the game along with a copy of GTA4. When he scanned the game it rang up at $39.99. Here I was worried that he would catch on to me and then I, inadvertently, give him cause to think that I was switching the prices on the games. He just apologized and commented that someone must have switched the prices. I knew I could have pushed the issue but I didn't need any unwanted attention. I "paid" for GTA4 and left. I should lay low from this BB for a while but I'll see.

On the good side, I picked up a copy of Wild Arms 4 PS2 for $9.99. I was missing a game to pair up for the trade bonus since I also kept a mint BK.

TIV (7/14):

GH3 360 - $28.50
Viking PS3 - $23
Condemned 2 PS3 - $23
HP: OotP PS3 - $16
HC: BftP 360 - $25
WCP: All In 360- $12

*edit* Last read this thread on Saturday and it sure was a bitch reading from pg. 159 to 179. Almost makes me wish 7/21 would get here sooner, eventhough, I think this thread will never be the same. I don't post in this thread much but I try to be helpful when I can. I think these noobish questions and brash, aggresive (read stupid) behavior is here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msam']It should be updated in the first and second post that all Gameday items have been converted to used items. I thought I got lucky when i got to a GS and they had Harry Potter still in the Gamedays bin, but when they scanned it they said they don't have anymore, and they were converted to used. Additionally, the same goes for Def Jam.

The Trade-In-Values for the PS3 games should be updated as well. From what I've gathered, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Condemned 2 have dropped?[/QUOTE]

I just removed HP and Def Jam from the list - there's no need to go into detail about the GameDays stuff in the second post (and none of this crap is in the first post by the way).

I can't find a post where RSV2 dropped, but then again I admit I didn't look that hard. If someone wants to let me know I'll change it. I updated some other stuff - mostly I just removed Condemned 2 from the list entirely (after removing Viking earlier today). I also put that some of the values reported here today ought to be good through 7/19 at least (and probably 7/20). But no one hold me to that - who knows what they are up to with the trade-in prices at BB right now. Things could change at any minute.

I intended to hit up a rural Blockbuster (the third closest to me but still nearly 30 miles round trip) but just lost my motivation. I played my Hollywood rental of Civ Rev instead ;). Tomorrow I'll probably make one final run to a couple of BBs though. I can't let the entire week go by without doing something.

I just wanted to say thanks io and all the other regular flippers that were here before the b1g1 sale and the $10 gamestop bonus. those two things are what actually started me on flipping and it was just nice to already have a nice little stable commmunity to reference and observe before i started. and i entirely believe that if people would just keep up with the thread they could answer like 99% of their questions

Here's the :ps3: TIVs I got on Monday. If I knew ahead of time they had dropped I would have saved my trip for Tuesday instead (since I have to be out and about anyway)...

Dark Sector - $23
HC: BftP - $30
K&L - $30
Orange Box - $16 (returned to GS)
RSV2 - $30
TC4 - $30
TP: FoL - $30

GS TIVs -

[quote name='whymustiregister']:360: TIVs from Monday.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $16
Crackdown - $3
DDR Universe - $5
Forza 2 - $3.50
Gun - $2.50
Just Cause - $3
Moto GP 07 - $6
MUA - $2.50
NBA Street Homecourt - $5
Quake 4 - $2.50
Sega Rally Revo - $5
Spiderman Friend or Foe - $5
Tony Hawk Project 8 - $3
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $4[/quote]

BTW, I've seen two different UPCs for K&L. I picked up SKALYKUS01 788687500630 on Friday and it wouldn't scan. The manager manually looked it up but the UPC was different from what they had on file so she wouldn't take it. I dumped the cover (but saved the UPC) and traded it to another store. I was able to find more copies with covers on Monday at other GS stores and they all were SKALYKUS00 788687500500. This one scanned fine at one store but didn't seem to work at another. Oddly I had that exact same problem with TC4 as well. Come to think of it, another store couldn't scan TC4 either. Both that had problems on Monday were BBs, while the one that did work was a GR. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong... :whistle2:k

Went for one final "big" run through Whittier and Santa Fe Springs.

-The BB on Florence near Lakewood is an absolute mess;
Most of the games are missing covers
New and used games are mixed together
Some games are in glass cases (used and new) while others are not; no reason why some are in glass case and others are not
There are no system specific sections, it's all a giant "games" section

-The GS in Bellflower is a bit touchy when it comes to trades

Other than that, I don't think I'm going to have to spend any real money on games for quite some time. Now I'm just waiting for Sony to announce a new PS3 bundle for August (just include a DS3) and I"m set. Oh, and for any other CAGs interested in the Whittier/Santa Fe Springs area, I went through the area like Sherman on his march through Atlanta.

Now it's time to flip normally (when I'm actually passing through for a reason other than flipping) and play some NCAA. Thanks again for the excellent lists Io, and thanks to everyone else for the updates.

Target has NBA 2k8 (PS3) on clearance for $9.98, Blockbuster pays $16 for it. Hopefully next week if there are any left it'll drop to $7.48. I'd much rather have the 2x profit.

Apparently the $5 off $25 coupon is dead. Target corporate put signs on all registers & entrances saying that it is a fraudulent coupon (even though it comes directly from Target.com)

[quote name='Bezerker']
Apparently the $5 off $25 coupon is dead. Target corporate put signs on all registers & entrances saying that it is a fraudulent coupon (even though it comes directly from Target.com)[/quote]

Yeah, read the article on the Consumerist the other day - apparently the 'Toys' part of the coupon was removed, altered, and was being rampantly abused for 5 off 25 for anything. I know that some CAGers were altering the coupons and they were getting banned, but that's just a shame that people go through such lengths to save 5 dollars off a purchase.

But then again, I guess I can't talk - I'm flipping video games around the state like it's 1999.

Gonna try one last time to max out this deal, and then be officially done ( I swear.) I just keep saying to myself that the stars won't align like this for quite awhile in terms of making a profit ratio at each store as opposed to just basically moving credit from store to store. And I'm on vacation, so what the hell! ONWARD!

Yesterday when I stopped by BB, Conan was marked up... can't remember to what price, but it was something pretty useless like 15.99 or 19.99 just to disclude it from the promo. They usually stick with corporate prices, so the price change might be universal. Can someone confirm?

GET A FREE FRAMED ART GIFT WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER SOULCALIBUR IV (PS3/360) RESERVE YOUR COPY FOR ONLY $5. It's giant frame art like the movies frame arts they sale in the store price range from $19.99 - $39.99 ??

i wonder the trade-in value for American Idol Bundle (360) is drop or still $40 ??

[quote name='jonac13']Yesterday when I stopped by BB, Conan was marked up... can't remember to what price, but it was something pretty useless like 15.99 or 19.99 just to disclude it from the promo. They usually stick with corporate prices, so the price change might be universal. Can someone confirm?[/quote]

I was at BB just yesterday and Conan was still $14.99 for me. Then again, pretty much all of their PS3 games had been marked up to $16.99.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GET A FREE FRAMED ART GIFT WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER SOULCALIBUR IV (PS3/360) RESERVE YOUR COPY FOR ONLY $5. It's giant frame art like the movies frame arts they sale in the store price range from $19.99 - $39.99 ??[/quote]

Its smaller than the $19.99 - $39.99. They seem to be doing these for a lot of pre-purchases. I've gotten the GTAIV and Aerosmith ones. It's around 12" x 5".

Check out the kotaku link to get a better idea of the size.

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/04/gtabb.jpg

[quote name='animemaniac14']is the free framed art gift for a pre-order of the Reg or Limited edition of SCIV? and does anyone have a pic of this framed art?[/quote]

It's for pre-order. Found a pic off slickdeals of it.

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=106963&d=1216129555

[quote name='DaFederal']Its smaller than the $19.99 - $39.99. They seem to be doing these for a lot of pre-purchases. I've gotten the GTAIV and Aerosmith ones. It's around 12" x 5".

It's for pre-order, I will try and grab a scan at lunch for you.[/quote]

lol but is it for a pre-order of the REG edition or the LIMITED? or both?

[quote name='animemaniac14']lol but is it for a pre-order of the REG edition or the LIMITED? or both?[/quote]

Most likely both, that's how it was for GTA IV. And unless you want to hang a bunch of stupid framed screenshots on your wall, they're pretty worthless. The frame doesn't even have a stand. If I recall, it doesn't even have a hook to hang it from either. Pretty lame.

[quote name='mkernan']Most likely both, that's how it was for GTA IV. And unless you want to hang a bunch of stupid framed screenshots on your wall, they're pretty worthless. The frame doesn't even have a stand. If I recall, it doesn't even have a hook to hang it from either. Pretty lame.[/quote]

Yeah any copy of SCIV would work. PS3, PS3 LE, 360, 360 LE. Their pre-order promotion system does seem that complex yet. A low traffic BB near here got a box of frames for both GTA IV and GH:A and they said they didn't get any pre-purchasers (They still have the frames as of yesterday).

Idk.. I sorta like the frames.

[quote name='msam']Yeah, read the article on the Consumerist the other day - apparently the 'Toys' part of the coupon was removed, altered, and was being rampantly abused for 5 off 25 for anything. I know that some CAGers were altering the coupons and they were getting banned, but that's just a shame that people go through such lengths to save 5 dollars off a purchase.

But then again, I guess I can't talk - I'm flipping video games around the state like it's 1999.[/quote]

Eh, yeah. I feel you. I've literally lost count of how many times I've used the $15 trade coupon in every local GS here without fail. If it wasn't for a CAGer posting up the scan I wouldn't have made the same amount of credit I have now in the same amount of time spent.

Not to say I'm proud of getting away with murder, but the managers were so lax they treated it like a normal e-mail coupon and didn't care so long as I only used one per day. I wasn't the only CAGer using the coupon either so I'm thankful none of us went overboard with it and kept our mouths shut.

We got a memo saying that next week Blockbuster will start having Blue Dragon X360 bundles. They will include Pro X360, Blue Dragon, 4 game rental card, Wireless Controller, and Xbox Live card (Didn't say the length of the card, but I am going to assume it's a 3 month card, since that is Blockbuster carries). These are going to put together in store, but no price was given. I can only assume it will be $399, since the instore price for pro dropped to $299.

[quote name='Bigjames']We got a memo saying that next week Blockbuster will start having Blue Dragon X360 bundles. They will include Pro X360, Blue Dragon, 4 game rental card, Wireless Controller, and Xbox Live card (Didn't say the length of the card, but I am going to assume it's a 3 month card, since that is Blockbuster carries). These are going to put together in store, but no price was given. I can only assume it will be $399, since the instore price for pro dropped to $299.[/quote]

When you say 'wireless controller', you mean an extra one in addition to what's packed in with the system, right?

Thanks for the info.

Whew, had $114 BBV credit left and nabbed everything left that was at least a 1.3x trade or so going to GS. I was trying to do just 1.8-2x initially, but I thought it was best to go ahead and transfer everything over to GS. There's always GS -> BBV flips, not so much the other way around...

Spent about $200 (including one $30 GS purchase where I forgot to use store credit, oops) out of pocket during these coinciding deals (past two GS 25% off coupons, BBV B1G1) and have...

Over $200 in GS credit
Wii Fit from GS
$200 worth of stuff to sell/have sold on Amazon (thanks for cheap GameCube games, BBV)
Couple thousand Goozex points already
Paid off preorders for two DS games (Bangai-O, Tecmo Bowl)
Few cheapo last-gen games for me

Bada bop bop bop, I'm lovin' it

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']If it wasn't for a CAGer posting up the scan I wouldn't have made the same amount of credit I have now in the same amount of time spent.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm awesome like that.

7/15 TIV @ Blockbuster:

All for PS3

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $16
Unreal Tournament III - $30
The Club - $26
Warhawk - $26

Thanks for no one hitting up the Bayville, Nj blockbuster yet :)
Nabbed MTR, Golden Compass, Bullet Witch, and Tomb Raider. Discs are in much better shape then the crap I found in Neptune.
They had more but wasn't sure how much was left on the value card I had on me and what I had at home already in two piles for Gamestop.
Will probably go back before the end of the week, can't resist those Spidey 3's that were sitting there.
They also had about 12 DS lites of various colors.

Also at work last night, there is a old strip mall across the street, new store coming soon....Gamestop. Nice. Now I can punch in at my 'real' job and go across the street to my 'hobby/job".

[quote name='djkunai']Yeah, I'm awesome like that.[/quote]

That bloody coupon caused me more problems at my gamestops than any ever before it.

Because it's actually a high quality cardboard doublesided card, the folks at my local 8 gamestops very quickly caught on that copies were not allowed, and I got more attitude than ever before, plus even when I had legitimate copies of the card (thanks to my fav GS), I was still ordered to preorder NCAA 09, which off course results in me spending 10 mins of my life educating the idiots in GS that the card is given to you only AFTER you preorder the game.

Because i was only finding 15$ games at my local GR's, I quite regularly had to work really hard to break even if the coupon copy was not accepted. One fuckhead at the Westminster Mall GS almost got my boot up his ass, due to his pompous, arrogant method of embarassing me when i tried to use it, I hate that GS, it has the most stock due to it's location, but most often has the worst customer service.

Honestly I've stopped using it, and have resorted to accepting breaking even or occassionally celebrating a 9$ find at GR.

[quote name='stoned99']

One fuckhead at the Westminster Mall GS almost got my boot up his ass, due to his pompous, arrogant method of embarassing me when i tried to use it, I hate that GS, it has the most stock due to it's location, but most often has the worst customer service.

[/quote]

Second this comment... the westminster mall GS needs to better their Customer service.

The problem I've found with my BBV with this deal is most of the 360 games have generic black cases, not the regular bright green ones, so I assume if I go to trade them into GS they will know what I did....so I am forced to find games with the original cases.

Today sucked major ass... It really did.

I headed out to go to the Garden State Plaza. There are 2 GS's so I assumed that they would have a lot of games in stock. I checked online and they had some games in stock, not a lot. I decided to go to a Blockbuster in Teaneck first. It's ~5 miles the opposite way of the mall. I get there and the blockbuster has 5 god damn 360 games for sale. FIVE! What the hell? On the other hand, it was the first Blockbuster that advertise the B1G1 right at the entrance.

I walk out of the store and all is well. I head to the mall. I walk into the first GS to trade in 2 games(Spiderman: FOF and SOF). What does the idiot do? He completely screws up the trade. Not only did he slap 2 refurb fees on me for discs that were in pretty good shape, but he also didn't scan my EDGE card. Freaking moron. He scanned the EDGE card and then cancelled the entire transaction. No idea why. I didn't notice that he cancelled the transaction, but did see him scan the games a second time.

Since that place had quite a bit of people I didn't want to raise a storm over $1.20. In the end I'm down $3.20 because of that gay employee. I looked on the shelves of that GS to see if I could find any games. Specifically Rock Band. I looked it up online and they should have had a copy of it. Couldn't find it... I went to the EBGames at the same mall and no good games to trade yet again.

With all the foot traffic those two stores get, I would have hoped they would have some good used games to buy. Damn they suck.

The only flippable game they had were EOJ's. I was going to pick up a copy or two, but I decided that they weren't worth it because I would have to sell the camera and all the other stuff separately. Even after that I had to make sure the BB I do my trades at would accept it.

[quote name='animemaniac14']is the free framed art gift for a pre-order of the Reg or Limited edition of SCIV? and does anyone have a pic of this framed art?[/quote]

These are uber lame, the absolute best gift is at GameCrazy. They are giving away faceplates with Yoda. So price match your GR trade in's to GameCrazy. For instance I will trade 2 copies of the Kane & Lynch tonight for an easy 20$ profit, GameCrazy never complain about multiple copies, and they sell pc games. Can you say "Spore" :bouncy:

[quote name='Quintox']The problem I've found with my BBV with this deal is most of the 360 games have generic black cases, not the regular bright green ones, so I assume if I go to trade them into GS they will know what I did....so I am forced to find games with the original cases.[/quote]

GS refusing trades or prying for more information because of games in BB cases is definitely YMMV. Personally I never had any trouble or was questioned when trading in BBV games in BBV cases. The most trouble I've had were refurb fees ranging from $1 - $2 which were rare at best and had very little to do with where the game was purchased apposed to the condition of the disc itself.

Hell it should be normal to find most of their used merch littered with BB stickers, but your concern is certainly reasonable. Worst comes to worst you could just trade the game and manual for a $0.50 furb fee if you're lucky.

[quote name='Quintox']The problem I've found with my BBV with this deal is most of the 360 games have generic black cases, not the regular bright green ones, so I assume if I go to trade them into GS they will know what I did....so I am forced to find games with the original cases.[/quote]
Just since the B1g1 I've traded in probably at least 50 games and most have the blockbuster black case. I'd suggest if using those cases, try to make sure the games have manuals that will cover the 'blockbuster' logo on the inside. Switch out games with manuals if need be but it shouldn't be a problem.
I try to grab the green boxes first but will take what I can get with only a few days to go.

actually ive done so many trades to gamestop with clear cases and black cases they dont care never said a word to me and ive traded a ton of them

[quote name='stoned99']These are uber lame, the absolute best gift is at GameCrazy. They are giving away faceplates with Yoda. So price match your GR trade in's to GameCrazy. For instance I will trade 2 copies of the Kane & Lynch tonight for an easy 20$ profit, GameCrazy never complain about multiple copies, and they sell pc games. Can you say "Spore" :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Uhhh...GS sells pc games too. Well, at most locations, theres one around here that doesnt.

[quote name='Quintox']The problem I've found with my BBV with this deal is most of the 360 games have generic black cases, not the regular bright green ones, so I assume if I go to trade them into GS they will know what I did....so I am forced to find games with the original cases.[/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem trading in games to GS that have the generic black cases. The GS stores around me make it a point to thank me for trading stuff in.

My only hope of getting more money out of these two deals is if Friday's coupon is godly. I hope it's a good one or I'm not going to be making much more money. I was hoping for $500, but I'm still at $230>_

[quote name='Link927']Uhhh...GS sells pc games too. Well, at most locations, theres one around here that doesnt.[/quote]

Ok. MrRainOnTheParade, but the salient fact is that GS don't price match BB, so how you going to make that work in your favor.

Man, I am so glad I went out today.

Was able to snag a used (but practically new) HD-DVD player, a mint condition Halo 3 Wireless controller, a Wall-E plush toy, and the 'Why so Serious' poster. Add that to the MGS4 Limited Edition PS3 Bundle, and I'm a happy man.

So in total, 200 out of pocket for 919.40 in total credit before any purchases.

60 receipts
over 70 games traded in
7 25% off PS3 coupons used
4 25% off X360 coupons used

And still have 291.00 in Gamestop credit. Man, this was amazing =)

My blockbuster didn't have much, but they did have Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour for $15 each. Think it's worth it?

Title, Gamestop (25% coupon+edge) -----> Blockbuster
PS3
Blacksite: Area 51, $22.74 ----->$33.00
RSV2: $22.74 -----> $30.00

Title, Blockbuster (B1G1) -----> Gamestop (w/bonus $10.00 per pair incl)
Sega Rally Revo, $14.99 ------> $10.50
NBA Street HC, $14.99 (free) -----> $10.50
Soldier of Fortune: PB, $14.99 -----> $12.70
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, $14.99 (free) -----> 12.70

Basically, confirms IO's figures for these games. (THANKS for keeping it up to date!)

*The girl at my BB said that they get or switch out games on Sundays - maybe this also confirms when price changes occur?

Sorry if anything has already been posted - too hard to look through the many many posts since I left this morning!
Keith

[quote name='melokeith']Title, Gamestop (25% coupon+edge) -----> Blockbuster
PS3
Blacksite: Area 51, $22.74 ----->$33.00
RSV2: $22.74 -----> $30.00

Title, Blockbuster (B1G1) -----> Gamestop (w/bonus $10.00 per pair incl)
Sega Rally Revo, $14.99 ------> $10.50
NBA Street HC, $14.99 (free) -----> $10.50
Soldier of Fortune: PB, $14.99 -----> $12.70
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, $14.99 (free) -----> 12.70

Basically, confirms IO's figures for these games. (THANKS for keeping it up to date!)

*The girl at my BB said that they get or switch out games on Sundays - maybe this also confirms when price changes occur?

Sorry if anything has already been posted - too hard to look through the many many posts since I left this morning!
Keith[/quote]

We've known price changes occur on sundays for a loooooooong time, bucko.

This thread moves too fast for me between twice weekly trips to Tampa and various family events. :headache:

But thanks to everyone contributing - I've been able to use the knowledge even if anything I figure out is long since posted by the time I get here.

Speaking of which, I had a good laugh walking into a Tampa Blockbuster, seeing some of the key items in the used section and knowing this territory had already been marked. (Two used EoJ? I was lucky to dump one locally, and that was with being called a scammer!) Saved me some time this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back