The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

I again cant thank the people in this thread enough, io...everyone that contributed something. With my initial $35 investment at tru/sears I've gotten all kinds of free stuff from GS, GC controller, jade empire, fable, time splitters, bioshock, ps3 charge station, DS3, PSP, and enough credit to get Fallout 3 and Little Big Planet no problem. And it'll probably continue. And all just from an hour or 2 on the way home from work.

I also took my gf's brother again today, it was sort of a hassle having to go home to pick him up, but I didn't want to seem like a prick. At the BB he said "this place sucks!" since he knew that they had none of the games I usually get, like avatar, but I managed to find 12

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Wrong! :mrgreen:

Back to BBV: traded in a :ps3: Rock Band (still $33, surprise, surprise).
I also saw that my little local store had DS lites in stock. If they have 'em, then I'm sure most do. I probably ought to get one, but then I don't really need it and my BBV credit is running low...
[/quote]

I'm glad my BB isn't the only one with DS Lites in stock then. Right at the register they have about 10 of them. They also have GH: On Tour for the DS and a lot of new games.

I also checked out the Blockbuster I do most of my trades in and found a lot of good trade fodder. I'm running low on BB credit so I'm going to be flipping 1-2 Blacksites tomorrow.

Hit The Motherload Went to many GS's
Got 4 EOJ, 3 Blacksite, 2 Rock Band
1 GS HAD BUY 2 GET 1 Free !:)
Got 2 Mats For EOJ and 1 Eye Camera

Trade It All In Got Left A Little Over $ 200 Left In My Giftcard

Pre-Order Little Big Planet, Kill Zone 2, Too Human, And Gears Of War 2
at BBVideos

Bad Thing I Have no GS Credit... :cry:
Ganna Hit That BUY 2 GET 1 Free Tomorrow Again, It so remote area.

[quote name='king007']No shit. But the fact that one GS store charges no tax and one does is interesting cosidering that all states have some sort of sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Do you often make a habit of talking out of your ass?

The good people of Delaware do not pay sales tax. I believe neither does Oregon.

On another note, I can't seem to stop flipping, especially since THPG and SOF are great flips to GS and Blacksite and History Channel are great flips to BBV.

Then I end up rinsing and repeating. All this to get some DS games.

[quote name='confoosious']Do you often make a habit of talking out of your ass?

The good people of Delaware do not pay sales tax. I believe neither does Oregon.

On another note, I can't seem to stop flipping, especially since THPG and SOF are great flips to GS and Blacksite and History Channel are great flips to BBV.

Then I end up rinsing and repeating. All this to get some DS games.[/quote]

The addiction has hit me too. Even though I only spend 1-2 hours a day flipping, I'm still addicted.

Can't wait til I get my PS3. Once I get it I'll stop flipping so much. PS3+$500 or so GS credit is what I'm aiming for.

zzzzzz people are still transferring credit from GS>BB? GS credit is way more valuable so if you can get some games at BB do so. I cant wait for the next big flip to build up my BB credit to finish paying off my littlebigplanet and killzone2 preorders. Some else keep an eye out for when resistance2 shows up in the BB system. I'll keep checking.

[quote name='DarkRider23']The addiction has hit me too. Even though I only spend 1-2 hours a day flipping, I'm still addicted.

Can't wait til I get my PS3. Once I get it I'll stop flipping so much. PS3+$500 or so GS credit is what I'm aiming for.[/QUOTE]

I'm addicted as well, but I'm not as ambitious as some of you. I got my psp, DS3 and otehr assorted goodies, plus enough GS credit to get 2 upcoming games. So I'm fine with no more flipping, and hope I can stop. :lol: But if another thing hits, b2g1 or something, I'll be drug back into the flipping game. I hope i can stop and play some damn games now.

[quote name='Quintox']Got Blacksite for $16.24, went right to GR and flipped for $34.

:D;

I noticed at the BBV I traded in Blacksite that they have the display of B1G1 games, and then in another section they have the rest of the games, but a lot of the games were ones listed in the OP (Call of Duty 3, Smackdown 2007, Just Cause) but listed at $19.99......I did see a few Wii games at $14.99 and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground PS3 was $14.99[/quote]
Call Of Duty 3 will ring up at $14.99, and Smackdown '07 will ring up at $9.99. Used prices aren't YMMV, but their price tags are. :)

I'm looking at my receipts right now, no tax at 4 GSs in orange county, irvine, santa ana, and tustin.

with the refurb fees, they just ring up as sales, but i haven't been charges tax on any occasion for those.

ex:

-------New Merchandise----
refurb.................$1.00
refurb.................$1.00
refurb.................$0.75
Subtotal...............$2.75
Purchase Total.....$2.75

I have several other instances like this with no tax.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm addicted as well, but I'm not as ambitious as some of you. I got my psp, DS3 and otehr assorted goodies, plus enough GS credit to get 2 upcoming games. So I'm fine with no more flipping, and hope I can stop. :lol: But if another thing hits, b2g1 or something, I'll be drug back into the flipping game. I hope i can stop and play some damn games now.[/quote]

I don't think I can stop until I hit the $0.00 out of pocket mark. I'm like... obsessed with not spending any more money on what I want and tomorrow is the last day for the coupon. The BB I trade at still has some decent B1G1 fodder. Even though it's extremely awkward to make a return visit for trading... ugh. I might be back at it again tomorrow. Just ONE MORE $30 spent for $60 in profit. Just one more time. x_x

I pray with the death of this coupon I can finally lay it to rest for a while. Well I know if I had my bundle I wouldn't be so motivated to continue flipping but with no instant gratification in sight + almost no chance of getting banned now... I guess it would be pointless to stop right now.

Damn.

if you guys are really desperate, you can buy unreal tournament for the PS3 from GS for $22.74 with the coupon and edge card, and get $30 from BB.

At least, that is what my local BB quoted me as their trade in price.

In the past, I have been screwed by both BB (high rental fees) and GS (because of their rediculously low TIV's and then sell them for $20+ in markups after they buy them from you!). It feels great to excessively take advantage of their generous deals. It feels like I'm finally getting what I deserve, retribution. Now, it has gone full circle. However, I played my gameplan perfectly legal...unlike them. When I trade in pairs of games at GS, I still have to remind them to put the bonus $10/pair promo in. Duh!!! On a side note, I feel like the monster inside of me known as "Greed" has raised its ugly head. You slay one monster, up comes another.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']if you guys are really desperate, you can buy unreal tournament for the PS3 from GS for $22.74 with the coupon and edge card, and get $30 from BB.

At least, that is what my local BB quoted me as their trade in price.[/quote]

My GS has TONS of these....if they do come up $30 and someone can confirm I will pick up 2 of them.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm addicted as well, but I'm not as ambitious as some of you. I got my psp, DS3 and otehr assorted goodies, plus enough GS credit to get 2 upcoming games. So I'm fine with no more flipping, and hope I can stop. :lol: But if another thing hits, b2g1 or something, I'll be drug back into the flipping game. I hope i can stop and play some damn games now.[/quote]

Right now I'm sticking to buying games at GS that will give me a ratio of 2 or higher. I'm trying not to use any money out of pocket, but I will if there's a 6x flip again or something. Not many titles left for me to buy to flip BB credit to GS credit though so I don't know what I'm going to do for now.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']whoa whoa whoa. Soldier of Fortune is B1G1 now?

Whats the price on that baby? What other games went down in price?[/quote]

It's been in the B1G1 for quite a bit of time already. It costs $14.99 and gets a $12.70 after EDGE+Bonus at GS. I've already bought 4 of them and I'm going to buy another tomorrow.

[quote name='Quintox']My GS has TONS of these....if they do come up $30 and someone can confirm I will pick up 2 of them.[/quote]

This has been confirmed a couple of times already.

[quote name='Quintox']My GS has TONS of these....if they do come up $30 and someone can confirm I will pick up 2 of them.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm, I traded in one yesterday since the GS I went to had nothing good except one turning point.

I already know about Unreal and can confirm the $30 TIV as I traded in two a few days ago, but thanks. I really wish I had access to Blacksite or Rockband or any of the other remaining $30+ flips but regardless I'm happy with the credit I've made considering the time and effort spent. Just a little more damnit. PUSH IT INK. x_x'

[quote name='JJSP']Call Of Duty 3 will ring up at $14.99, and Smackdown '07 will ring up at $9.99. Used prices aren't YMMV, but their price tags are. :)[/quote]

Well what I am trying to say is there were many games that were supposed to be under $15 but were marked at $20, a thing the store was trying to do so people wouldn't buy them. I know they were supposed to be eligible b/c at the BBV I usually visit, they were on the sales display.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Right now I'm sticking to buying games at GS that will give me a ratio of 2 or higher. I'm trying not to use any money out of pocket, but I will if there's a 6x flip again or something. Not many titles left for me to buy to flip BB credit to GS credit though so I don't know what I'm going to do for now.
[/QUOTE]

its not that the GS > BB flips aren't good, its the BB>GS flips that are in short supply for me, even out of supply really. So thats why I'm calling it quits for now. I dont BB credit ever, well if I wanted a ps3 or 360 It'd be different. But I like the GS I go to and I'm good friends with the guy there. I enjoy going there since I know I'll get something good out of it. Info or something else.

For example, I didn't mention this yet, but today I was asking about any good preorder gifts and he got into all the soul caliber stuff and crap. But he goes oh wait, i gotta show you this. My boss just got this in yesterday, he goes in the back for a minute and coemsout with a big shoe box, but its not a shoe box. Its a Ghostbusters shoe box, he opes it up and its got landyards for all the employees and a license plate that says Ecto 1, and a polo shirt that has the ghostbusters logo and stuff on it. I got a kick out of that. He also was showing me his GOW psp, and I as sort of like, hmm do I want a blue one or red one, since he said they had one left in stock. But he told me the blue one is much nicer, plus no silkscreen on the back.

Things like that, I Hate going to BB, they are often rude and always suspecting someting. I even told the guy at GS I'd be back before the $10 sale ended and he was like" You better hurry it ends soon".

I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring this up but, today I almost got denied for trading in BlackSite Area 51 because I didn't even noticed that Gamestop punched holes on the UPC but they were nice enough to give it to me, if I had an ass employee I'm sure they would've denied me on the spot.

Why is it that GS does this? This totally ruins my idea of flipping, or is that what they don't want us to do?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']

I pray with the death of this coupon I can finally lay it to rest for a while. Well I know if I had my bundle I wouldn't be so motivated to continue flipping but with no instant gratification in sight + almost no chance of getting banned now... I guess it would be pointless to stop right now.

Damn.[/quote]

I said to myself after the 80GB PS3 i was done, but then I got the Wii, the MGS4 LE, the HDDVD drive, the Halo wireless controller, and you just want to keep flipping...shit, I figure if this is my only go at this, and I have 3 weeks off work, i might as well go all out.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring this up but, today I almost got denied for trading in BlackSite Area 51 because I didn't even noticed that Gamestop punched holes on the UPC but they were nice enough to give it to me, if I had an ass employee I'm sure they would've denied me on the spot.

Why is it that GS does this? This totally ruins my idea of flipping, or is that what they don't want us to do?[/QUOTE]

WHAT!? I've never seen this before, the upcs I've gotten are all intact.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring this up but, today I almost got denied for trading in BlackSite Area 51 because I didn't even noticed that Gamestop punched holes on the UPC but they were nice enough to give it to me, if I had an ass employee I'm sure they would've denied me on the spot.

Why is it that GS does this? This totally ruins my idea of flipping, or is that what they don't want us to do?[/quote]

Ask them why they do that. If they have no good answer, ask them for the number to their district manager. That's just god damn stupid. I like my games and covers to be intact when I buy them.

why is it that i JUST went to gamestop and my blacksite still rang up $34.99?! im confused...I went at around 7:00 PM EST (daylight savings time) i can price adjust can't I? anyone else have this problem?

My GS has unreal tournament 3, and they have a buy 2 Get 1 Free local special
shit for 30, hitting that place till they have no more...

Why is it that GS does this? This totally ruins my idea of flipping, or is that what they don't want us to do?[/quote]

That's most likely not Gamestop that did it. That usually means that it was given out as a promotional copy. I used to work at a Hastings store and that's what all our promo CDs looked like. In theory, its supposed to signify that you can't go sell it somewhere, but obviously GS doesn't care and takes them anyway. I won a PS3 and Uncharted from ps3fanboy.com and the copy of Uncharted had a whole punched through the bardcode too, so obviously it was a promo sent to them. GS took it from me just fine though. That was like 6 months ago, and coincidentally, I finally re-bought it today with the coupon at GS.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']WHAT!? I've never seen this before, the upcs I've gotten are all intact.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkRider23']Ask them why they do that. If they have no good answer, ask them for the number to their district manager. That's just god damn stupid. I like my games and covers to be intact when I buy them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mkernan']That's most likely not Gamestop that did it. That usually means that it was given out as a promotional copy. I used to work at a Hastings store and that's what all our promo CDs looked like. In theory, its supposed to signify that you can't go sell it somewhere, but obviously GS doesn't care and takes them anyway. I won a PS3 and Uncharted from ps3fanboy.com and the copy of Uncharted had a whole punched through the bardcode too, so obviously it was a promo sent to them. GS took it from me just fine though. That was like 6 months ago, and coincidentally, I finally re-bought it today with the coupon at GS.[/QUOTE]

It's actually not just Blacksite either, cause I've noticed that some of the other used games I've gotten had been hole-punched through the UPC as well (Singstar), my friend's copy of Assassin's Creed also has this problem. We just didn't notice it since they put their yellow used sticker over the original UPC. As for it being promotional copies, I don't believe that the majority of their used games are promos then? But if that really WAS the case, then damn they have LOTS of promo games.

Yeah I should ask them next time, but I don't think it would really solve anything, other than maybe letting them know we're upset about this (& maybe that'll help us out on the future used games?).

Hopefully some Gamestop employee/managers on here can explain a bit.

[quote name='animemaniac14']why is it that i JUST went to gamestop and my blacksite still rang up $34.99?! im confused...I went at around 7:00 PM EST (daylight savings time) i can price adjust can't I? anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

You can just tell em you saw it for $24.99 on GS.com.

By the way, here's a slight OT: I just traded Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (Xbox!) and $4 for a Mario Kart DS. Uhhhhhh..... That's such a lopsided trade, I might send the guy some other xbox games I don't want.

[quote name='msam']I said to myself after the 80GB PS3 i was done, but then I got the Wii, the MGS4 LE, the HDDVD drive, the Halo wireless controller, and you just want to keep flipping...shit, I figure if this is my only go at this, and I have 3 weeks off work, i might as well go all out.[/quote]

Well in your case it seriously would be only to your disadvantage to stop flipping. Shit... I mean three weeks off work + enough money for these ridiculous gas price with the promise of out of pocket free profit to feed your gaming habit!? It sounds way too good to true and I commend your efforts.

Unfortunately in my case I can't afford to go on anymore wild flipping runs so until I find a new job (or my manager figures out whether I'm on call now or just laid off) tomorrow is logically going to be my last day.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Ask them why they do that. If they have no good answer, ask them for the number to their district manager. That's just god damn stupid. I like my games and covers to be intact when I buy them.[/quote]

LOL. Whenever Gamestop employees wonder why most gamers can not STAND the shop or their idiotic practices it's posts like these that seriously drive their reputation six more feet under. I can't believe any location would ruin the cover art in such a despicible manner. I would certainly ask why they'd do such a thing though let's be honest here. We know it's probably to deter theft or flipping in this case. Regardless whatever we do with our legally purchased merch is our f*cking business. It shouldn't have been done.

EDIT - Promotional copies, huh? Wow. I never knew that.

I've gotten a few games at GS that has holes in the UC code. Pissed me off as I have to buy another and exchange just to be able to trade into BBV. However, my main store accepts games without covers now so woot!

B2G1F is better than this coupon since there is no limit, I assume.

damn. iono how you guys have so many games to buy. my bbv have been pretty much clean since the 2nd day.

also, king kong is still 2.50 tiv at gs

I actually think my local BBV is bringing out more games, I see a bunch of PS2 games that werent there before, too bad they didnt bring out anything 360

I've come to terms with the fact I may not have as much competition as I thought. At least concerning these latest deals compared to F4 where I couldn't find one copy left in any TRU in the entire state of Ohio once the TIV was confirmed. Strange but I'm not complaining.

I just hope my cash flow repairs itself for the next mega $5 flip so I can get there first. >_>

My BBV brought out 4 copies of SM:FoF since yesterday. I ended up with a few more to flip tomorrow. I'm sad that I have work tomorrow, as I had another set of stores to pillage, but won't be able to.

[quote name='Link927']I actually think my local BBV is bringing out more games, I see a bunch of PS2 games that werent there before, too bad they didnt bring out anything 360[/quote]

My local one did the same. They didn't bring out PS2 games, but instead 360 games. I saw a lot of Condemned 2's for sale and a couple of other newer titles.

F4 for PS3 is $14.99 used. Anyone know the TIV for it? I'll call once I find my phone, but if anyone can get it that would be great. Since the Wii version was worth $30 and PS3 usually gets higher TIVs, I'm wondering if this is a viable trade.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I've come to terms with the fact I may not have as much competition as I thought. At least concerning these latest deals compared to F4 where I couldn't find one copy left in any TRU in the entire state of Ohio once the TIV was confirmed. Strange but I'm not complaining.

I just hope my cash flow repairs itself for the next mega $5 flip so I can get there first. >_>[/QUOTE]

your tellin me, i cant believe I missed out on that one. I had to go with what was left, blue dragon, $17 cash for 2 into $30 GS credit, did that along with a clearance Genji I got at dears for $4 and madden 08 I had but never played. I've got some cash handy via paypal, I might use that for some sort of F4 type thing, I hope it happens...

[quote name='sp00ge']My BBV brought out 4 copies of SM:FoF since yesterday. I ended up with a few more to flip tomorrow. I'm sad that I have work tomorrow, as I had another set of stores to pillage, but won't be able to.[/quote]

Strange, the couple I went to today did as well ( I remember distinctly them not having them before )

I was able to speak to a few managers and they're keeping more of the games behind the counter due to rampant theft (which baffles me because they're locked in those protective tamper proof device.) So I suppose they're bringing out more when stocks look low on the B1G1 bins.

I almost feel kind of bad when I walk through the 'Pre-Owned' aisles, and I see games spaced out by more than a foot because all the xbox 360 titles were taken. almost.

[quote name='msam']Strange, the couple I went to today did as well ( I remember distinctly them not having them before )

I was able to speak to a few managers and they're keeping more of the games behind the counter due to rampant theft (which baffles me because they're locked in those protective tamper proof device.) So I suppose they're bringing out more when stocks look low on the B1G1 bins.

I almost feel kind of bad when I walk through the 'Pre-Owned' aisles, and I see games spaced out by more than a foot because all the xbox 360 titles were taken. almost.[/QUOTE]

same here, I found 3 but none before that...

The problem with those plastic tamper proof devices is that a knowledgeable thief can remove them outside of the BBV tool. Couple in the fact most BBV keep the games inside of frickin' case and it's almost as if managers are begging to be taken advantage of at an alarming rate.

fucking petty thieves piss me off.

IF YOU KNEW HOW TO FLIP YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO STEAL YOU IDIOTS.

HATE HATE HATE.

I did some south Aurora, south Denver flipping today. Was able to get 3 Mario Party 4s, 1 Guy Game, 1 Guilty Gear X2 (this was a shocker for me, I remember buying this from a Blockbuster when I was in high school at least 5 years ago). A lot of the stores I had never been to had some good PS2/GC/XB re-sell games :) Also finally found a Rayman Raving Rabbits :360: for collection.

At one store they wouldn't let me trade in cause they "couldn't find the trade agreement." >_

After this is all said and done, I'll have turned about $90 cash into $170 GS credit... not bad, almost 2:1. I'm pretty happy with this, as it's basically going to yield Force Unleashed to me for free, and even then I'll have the leftover store credit to get into some real flipping as time goes on.

damn, i have $650 in GS credit lol. If it wasn't for the damn ps3 coupon which i used to dramatically increase my ps3 collection i would easily be over $800-$1000 in credit.

I am a god. There's seriously no other explanation.

I just got hooked up with an EBC code that activates a Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon. This code has been active for a long time, and there is apparently no expiration. This is NOT the rumored B2G1 sale that is supposed to be coming up.

I don't want use of the code to get out of hand. If you're a respected CAG, have a nearby store that manually enters EBCs when you ask, and will not exploit it, PM me. Io, you have dibs by default, but anyone else who is interested PM me.

It's a secret to everyone. Let's keep this low.

[quote name='djkunai']I am a god. There's seriously no other explanation.

I just got hooked up with an EBC code that activates a Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon. This code has been active for a long time, and there is apparently no expiration. This is NOT the rumored B2G1 sale that is supposed to be coming up.

I don't want use of the code to get out of hand. If you're a respected CAG, have a nearby store that manually enters EBCs when you ask, and will not exploit it, PM me. Io, you have dibs by default, but anyone else who is interested PM me.

It's a secret to everyone. Let's keep this low.[/QUOTE]

Is this the same code that they use for B2G1 promos?

not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but just a head up: Blacksite is now 24.99 before coupon and edge at GS and TIV at BBV is 33. Might be the best flip right now, one more day to go..

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but did you know that you can buy games at Gamestop and trade them in to Blockbuster for even more than you paid for them?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back