The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='NJMane']Question: Does Gamestop charge a fee for not having the green xbox 360 case? A blockbuster by me has a few games but dont have any green xbox 360 cases at all. They are all in the black cases. Thanks.[/quote]

It's YMMV. I haven't been charged yet.

Bah, went up to the nearest GS with the family (also needed to go to Petsmart and Target). While we got lots of other stuff we needed it was a bust for game stuff. The GS did not have the Blacksite that the web site showed they had in stock (probably sold it earlier today) and at Target even though they had several sub-$10 clearance games (they finally just dropped THPG to $9.98 for example) the $10 off coupon finally scanned as "expired" :cry:.

So I didn't get in on the Blacksite flip at all. Oh well, there will be others to go from GS -> BB so I shouldn't be too upset about it.

(Edit - Didn't read yet when I posted this that the new coupon was 20% off all used games. Wow, now there's too many possibilites :lol:).

Agreed. Refurb fees are truly YMMV. Today I traded in my last four stack and the copy of Lost Planet I bought had some ghastly scratches on it. In fact all of the games I bought had enough knicks here and there for a nitpicking clerk to charge me $4 or more in 'furb fees. Because of my first encounter with RFs I soon picked up the practice of always cleaning the worst lot of flippables in the parking lot just before I flip them so they're nice, clean, and shiny. Mostly with a spray bottle of water and napkins or a last ditch combination anything I can get my hands on that I know won't ruin the disc.

Anyway... the managers knew me (of course) and dispite the scratches accepted them all fee free. Sometimes it just depends on the luck of the draw, how great your rapport is with the store location, or a little elbow grease and your shirt. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I'll give credit for a PS Eye if anyone has an extra (I know you do). I'll give what GameStop gives plus shipping.

2. My store has 3 used DS3s (stolen and traded in since they're in the cases still). With my secret code, it goes down to $81+ tax for all 3. If anyone wants to split this, it's $27 + tax + shipping for one (I'll accept GameStop credit to cover the cost, but shipping would ave to be actual money).

3. That's about it.

[quote name='io']Bah, went up to the nearest GS with the family (also needed to go to Petsmart and Target). While we got lots of other stuff we needed it was a bust for game stuff. The GS did not have the Blacksite that the web site showed they had in stock (probably sold it earlier today) and at Target even though they had several sub-$10 clearance games (they finally just dropped THPG to $9.98 for example) the $10 off coupon finally scanned as "expired" :cry:.

So I didn't get in on the Blacksite flip at all. Oh well, there will be others to go from GS -> BB so I shouldn't be too upset about it.[/quote]

OH NOES! THE COUPON IS DEAD! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also the Blacksite flip is NOT dead. It will cost you a total of about $1.09 more I believe but with the new coupon being 20% off any game its still only like $17.34 to BBVs $33. Very nice still.

[quote name='djkunai']1. I'll give credit for a PS Eye if anyone has an extra (I know you do). I'll give what GameStop gives plus shipping.

2. My store has 3 used DS3s (stolen and traded in since they're in the cases still). With my secret code, it goes down to $81+ tax for all 3. If anyone wants to split this, it's $27 + tax + shipping for one (I'll accept GameStop credit to cover the cost, but shipping would ave to be actual money).

3. That's about it.[/quote]

1) How much does GS give for PS Eye?

2) I have PMd you about that code. Can you hook a brother up?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I saw a used wii charger, but I dont think its as good as the nyko one, but it was $20 used. Anyone know of the one I speak of. It holds one controller, has one battery and is white. Its not listed on their website. Its in a vertical package. I'm just curious if its any good.
[/quote]

Amazon is full of horror stories of melted Wiimotes from people who used non-Nyko chargers. I bought one at Target and then returned it after reading about 100 horrible reviews. Finally found the $25 Nyko 2-controller base station at Wal-Mart earlier in the year. Well worth the price.

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life are $9.95 each at Gamerush, FYI. Not bad for $5 a pop for those with Gamecubes or Wiis.

[quote name='stoned99']Sorry to be a pain, Northen Ca, LA, South OC, North OC ?

City would be interesting, but areacode would be helpful. I only ask to gauge my own reaction to this (lay low, etc)[/quote]

san jose, 408. i just went to another bbv by my work and the warning is also popping up over there. the clerk told me the max is $10,000 and i must have reached it. if he is indeed correct, i highly doubt that i hit that amount, as i do not have anywhere near that much worth of stuff.

if i was to have my sister add my name on her card, would that work? i would have to do new trade agreements at each loaction, but it'll be a totally different account.

[quote name='io']

So I didn't get in on the Blacksite flip at all. Oh well, there will be others to go from GS -> BB so I shouldn't be too upset about it.[/quote]

Cheer up io. You're second only to Kunai :).

New question: How does the system for Gamestop work with multiples of the same game (not 2 of the game at the same time but 2 or more of the game on the same account in less than 24 hours)? I just traded in 6 games today and have another 6 to swing by tomorrow and 2 of the new 6 are repeats of what I had today. Will they be able to see that I traded the exact same game yesterday and give me a problem? Also, I will be going to a different Gamestop. Thanks again

[quote name='ghozt']san jose, 408. i just went to another bbv by my work and the warning is also popping up over there. the clerk told me the max is $10,000 and i must have reached it. if he is indeed correct, i highly doubt that i hit that amount, as i do not have anywhere near that much worth of stuff.

if i was to have my sister add my name on her card, would that work? i would have to do new trade agreements at each loaction, but it'll be a totally different account.[/quote]

Ugh..I am in the 408. Which store was this?

Alright everyone. We have to start this list. I'll clear up a lot of titles that I know aren't going to be good. I'm going to need help though. Thanks for making the list msam. I'll start calling for some TIVs tomorrow since they are all closed around me for now.

[quote name='msam']

All 24.99 games are 17.49 after Edge / Coupon
All 26.99 games are 19.00 after Edge / Coupon
All 29.99 games are 21.00 after Edge / Coupon

Xbox 360 -

Spiderwik Chronicles - 24.99
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific: 24.99
Import Tuner Challenge - 24.99
CSI- Hard Evidence - 24.99
WSOP 2008 - Battle for the Bracelets - 24.99
NFL Tour - 24.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 24.99(Saw this at BB for $14.99. Pretty sure it's no good)
FIFA Street 3 - 26.99
Pro Evo Soccer 2008 - 26.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 26.99(Saw this at BB for $55 or so. Someone's gotta check the TIV on this. Seems like it'll be a good one)
Sega Superstar Tennis - 29.99
PGR4 - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99
GHIII - 29.99(Last reported at $35 TIV)

Wii

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 24.99
Obscure: The Aftermath - 24.99
Bomberman Land - 24.99
Nights: Journey of Dreams - 24.99
Godfather: Blackhand Edition - 24.99
MLB 2K8 - 24.99
Wii Play - 24.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - 24.99
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
Spiderwick Chronicles - 24.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - 24.99(TIV at $30? Not really sure)
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 24.99
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns - 24.99
Battle of the Bands - 24.99
Sega Superstar Tennis - 24.99
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 26.99
No More Heroes - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
DBZ - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - 26.99
Resident Evil 4 - 26.99

Playstation 3

Ridge Racer 7 - 24.99
Spiderman 3 Collectors Edition - 24.99
Oblivion - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Rainbow Six: Vegas - 24.99
F1 - 24.99(Last reported at $26 TIV)
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Blacksite:Area 51 - 24.99
Orange Box - 26.99(Last reported at $30 TIV)
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 26.99
Lair - 29.99(Reported at $36 TIV October of '07)
Rock Band - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - 29.99
Warhawk - 29.99

[/quote]

Alright. If anyone can help, please do so. I'll be updating this as more info comes around.

For those of you who's in bellflower, ca area. The gs over there has a promotion b2g1. And they have about 10 copies of blacksite. Promo end this sunday. I took two copies only and leave the rest for fellow cag. I manage to flip during lunch time and leave evening fr family time.

V4oldboy, bb here in irvine is clean man. I guess somebody here doesn't like to share.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Alright everyone. We have to start this list. I'll clear up a lot of titles that I know aren't going to be good. I'm going to need help though. Thanks for making the list msam. I'll start calling for some TIVs tomorrow since they are all closed around me for now.

Alright. If anyone can help, please do so. I'll be updating this as more info comes around.[/quote]

It's also worth noting (in that same post I made earlier) some of the things you can use that massive credit buildup on. Thanks for helping me out Darkrider, it's really appreciated!

Here is a quick list of games to look for: (Gamestop Price with Edge/Coupon ---> Blockbuster Trade in Values)
Fatal Inertia: 17.49 --> 32
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific: 17.49 --> 30
Blacksite: Area 51 --> 17.49 --> 30 or 33, can't remember.

Here is a list of accessories that you can look at for buying:
Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter: 48.99 After Coupon /Edge
Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive: 33.59 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 20GB Hard Drive: 41.99 after Coupon /Edge
Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive: (Don't know price, but if 149.99 USED) - 104.99 after Edge / Coupon
Xbox 360 Vision Camera: 17.50 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: 27.99 after Coupon / Edge
Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit: 10.49 after Coupon / Edge

Wii Remote: 24.50 after Coupon /Edge
Wii Nunchuk: 9.09 after Coupon / Edge
Wii Classic Controller: 10.50 after Coupon /Edge

Playstation Eye Camera: 17.50 after Coupon / Edge
PS3 Bluetooth Headset (generic) 13.99 after Coupon / Edge

PSP 4GB Hard Drive (Refurbed) - 55.99 after Coupon /Edge

DR the TIV for the 360 version of GHIII was 28.50 about 2 weeks ago. Dont know about now though. I just remember it being a good flip when it was the GotW at GS and was $19.99.

And I see a CRAPLOAD of those Bully games for the 360 at each BBV I go to. I dont think they were $55 though. I think like $34.99 or $44.99 or so. Although either way it might be a good one.

[quote name='DrNo888']Ugh..I am in the 408. Which store was this?[/quote]

i initially found out about the ban at the one by san jose state, 3rd and san fernando. went down the sreet to 6th and jackson to confirm it wasn't just at the first location. i take it you don't trade in my neck of the woods as i haven't seen any flipped material at any of the bb i go to. i did go to the ones on el camino and saw f4 so im sure we have cags in that area.

[quote name='maximus101']I'm from Sugar Land and I hit up all the BBs and Gamestops in Sugar land, Stafford, Rosenberg, and the southwest Houston side. What part are you from?

Always great to see a fellow Houstonian on the board![/quote]

i stay in tomball. i pretty much cover the woodlands all the way to the medical center and galleria (my friend stays around here, don't worry he doesn't flip) and if you are close the gamestop near 59 and shepherd they have 2 blacksites and the gamestops in the galleria had none but one had eye of judgement (don't know if its complete).

Updated. I think I'll wait until this page fills up before updating again. Any and all info is appreciated so keep it coming guys.

[quote name='msam']

Xbox 360 -

NFL Tour - 24.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 24.99(Saw this at BB for $14.99. Pretty sure it's no good)
FIFA Street 3 - 26.99
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 26.99(Saw this at BB for $55 or so. Someone's gotta check the TIV on this. Seems like it'll be a good one)
PGR4 - 29.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99
GHIII - 29.99(Last reported at $28.50 TIV)

Wii

Bomberman Land - 24.99
MLB 2K8 - 24.99
Wii Play - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - 24.99(TIV at $30? Not really sure)
Battle of the Bands - 24.99
No More Heroes - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
Resident Evil 4 - 26.99

Playstation 3

Ridge Racer 7 - 24.99
Oblivion - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Rock Band - 29.99
Warhawk - 29.99

Here is a quick list of games to look for: (Gamestop Price with Edge/Coupon ---> Blockbuster Trade in Values)

Xbox 360 120GB Hard Drive: (Don't know price, but if 149.99 USED) - 104.99 after Edge / Coupon

PSP 4GB Hard Drive (Refurbed) - 55.99 after Coupon /Edge[/quote]

[quote name='djkunai']1. I'll give credit for a PS Eye if anyone has an extra (I know you do). I'll give what GameStop gives plus shipping.

3. That's about it.[/QUOTE]

nevers, I love my pseye. I cant believe I didn't get one before used for $25 (less now with cpn). My last blutooth headset sucked ass, but the pseye as a mic is great, plus its still a camera. if you guys find one used, get it immediately.

[quote name='gi60']For those of you who's in bellflower, ca area. The gs over there has a promotion b2g1. And they have about 10 copies of blacksite. Promo end this sunday. I took two copies only and leave the rest for fellow cag. I manage to flip during lunch time and leave evening fr family time.

V4oldboy, bb here in irvine is clean man. I guess somebody here doesn't like to share.[/QUOTE]

which one in irvine, campus? Jamboree? Culver? Alton? I pretty much tore those bitches a new one... actually not campus really, just stopped by for a visit really. You just stay away from my santa ana stores you's bastards... :bomb:

[quote name='gi60']darkrider, what is the 4 gb hard drive for psp? Is it a memory stick?[/quote]

I guess? It's msam's list and I don't own a PSP so don't know.:whistle2:&

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']anyone had any experience buying/usign a used wiimote/nunchuck. Are they in ok condition?[/QUOTE]

Well, as with anything used, its YMMV. Someone could have just sold their rarely used Wiimote, some might have traded it in because their button is sticky. For the most part, my experience with used controllers have been alright, maybe the buttons are a little more worn, dirt and junk as usual.

Also Spiderwick Chronicles for the Wii was $30 TIV about 2-3 weeks ago. And would be $17.xx after coupon+EDGE. Thats not bad. Need to double check on the TIV tomorrow.

Also Im 90% sure that PGR4 is $14.99 used at BBV. So doubt thats a good one.

[quote name='Link927']Well, as with anything used, its YMMV. Someone could have just sold their rarely used Wiimote, some might have traded it in because their button is sticky. For the most part, my experience with used controllers have been alright, maybe the buttons are a little more worn, dirt and junk as usual.[/QUOTE]

but I can return it if I dont like the condition right? and buy another one and keep trying and find a good one.

[quote name='ghozt']i initially found out about the ban at the one by san jose state, 3rd and san fernando. went down the sreet to 6th and jackson to confirm it wasn't just at the first location. i take it you don't trade in my neck of the woods as i haven't seen any flipped material at any of the bb i go to. i did go to the ones on el camino and saw f4 so im sure we have cags in that area.[/quote]

Yeah, I am mostly in the big store and around there although I did find some flippable games on the stores on El Camino. I also only trade in one copy at each store and only at 3 stores so far although I have been doing two copies at on location with a cool manager.

[quote name='ghozt']san jose, 408. i just went to another bbv by my work and the warning is also popping up over there. the clerk told me the max is $10,000 and i must have reached it. if he is indeed correct, i highly doubt that i hit that amount, as i do not have anywhere near that much worth of stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting - we heard a while back (like 2 years ago) that in one district, at least, they were cracking down on people who had made $10,000 or more in trade-in credit. I wonder if they made that a corporate thing. I dunno, it seems like kunai would be well over that by now.

Anyways, fresh off the phone:

Sonic Riders: $16
Battle of the Bands: $16

Sega Superstar Tennis: $22
Turning Point: $25

Just so you all know... All we need is for each one of you to call one BB and get one TIV and this list will quickly be cleared up. You'll have a nice and happy list :). I'll call tomorrow when the stores open.

[quote name='weguzs']And The Coupon Is Gone,
R.I.P. 25% Off PS3 Coupon

Can Somebody update that list without the coupon price[/quote]

Are you serious? Don't ask for anyone to update something when we're giving you information for doing nothing. This whole asking for TIVs and posts to be updated automatically is annoying as hell. Why don't you update it yourself and post it so you can help? It's not really hard. Price*0.7. VOILA.

Sorry if it seems like I went off on you, but really. This happens every page.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Also Spiderwick Chronicles for the Wii was $30 TIV about 2-3 weeks ago. And would be $17.xx after coupon+EDGE. Thats not bad. Need to double check on the TIV tomorrow.

Also Im 90% sure that PGR4 is $14.99 used at BBV. So doubt thats a good one.[/quote]

Thanks Lamp. I'll add that for now. If it changes, I'll fix it tomorrow.

[quote name='io']
Anyways, fresh off the phone:

Sonic Riders: $16
Battle of the Bands: $16

Sega Superstar Tennis: $22
Turning Point: $25[/quote]

And thank you io.
[quote name='msam']

Xbox 360 -

NFL Tour - 24.99
FIFA Street 3 - 26.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99($25 TIV, $5 gain)

Wii

Bomberman Land - 24.99
MLB 2K8 - 24.99
Wii Play - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
Spiderwick Chronicles - 24.99($30 TIV)
No More Heroes - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
Resident Evil 4 - 26.99

Playstation 3

Ridge Racer 7 - 24.99
Oblivion - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Rock Band - 29.99
Warhawk - 29.99

PSP 4GB Hard Drive (Refurbed) - 55.99 after Coupon /Edge[/quote]

Here is a quick tip for anyone in the Midwest with a nearby Meijer who is looking to begin building credit.

Friday and Saturday Meijer stores have buy any game 29.99 or less and get a second game of equal or lesser value for $1.

So if someone decides to drop $21+tax at Meijer on 2 Turning Points, they can turn around and get 50 credit at BBV. Approx. a 2.5 turnaround.

I updated the 2nd post list as best I could with the 20% coupon reflected.

Damn, I'm wondering if I have competetion nearby as the GS store I was at today is still showing Blacksite AND History Channel in stock which means they must have sold just today. But this evening neither was there. I just find it hard to believe some random person would come in and buy both of those :whistle2:k...

If anyone else wants to call here are some West Coast BB numbers for stores that are open till 11 PM Pacific (another hour from now):

(503) 659-6884
(503) 521-9100
(503) 698-1500
(510) 658-8581
(510) 232-2202
(510) 530-7110

Open till midnight Pacific:
(510) 849-9585
(510) 835-2294
(925) 938-6202
(415) 776-6126

Have at it folks! ;)

Hey just and observation but Blacksite Area 51 Xbox 360 is used at BB now for $24.99 here in Michigan but the PS3 version is still $44.99/49.99. So the the $30/$33 TIV at BB seems to only be for the PS3 version. Some CAG recent post seems to make it look like its for both versions.

Also can anyone answer my question:
How does the system for Gamestop work with multiples of the same game (not 2 of the game at the same time but 2 or more of the game on the same account in less than 24 hours)? I just traded in 6 games today and have another 6 to swing by tomorrow and 2 of the new 6 are repeats of what I had today. Will they be able to see that I traded the exact same game yesterday and give me a problem? Also, I will be going to a different Gamestop. Thanks again (sorry I am new to GS policy)

[quote name='io']I updated the 2nd post list as best I could with the 20% coupon reflected.

Damn, I'm wondering if I have competetion nearby as the GS store I was at today is still showing Blacksite AND History Channel in stock which means they must have sold just today. But this evening neither was there. I just find it hard to believe some random person would come in and buy both of those :whistle2:k...

If anyone else wants to call here are some West Coast BB numbers for stores that are open till 11 PM Pacific (another hour from now):

(503) 659-6884
(503) 521-9100
(503) 698-1500
(510) 658-8581
(510) 232-2202
(510) 530-7110

Open till midnight Pacific:
(510) 849-9585
(510) 835-2294
(925) 938-6202
(415) 776-6126

Have at it folks! ;)[/quote]

Oh nice list!

Called one so far but the guy seemed clueless. He said I would probably have to bring it in but he would try to look up the TIV anyways. And I asked about Bully on 360.

:360:Bully: Scholarship Edition $15 BOOOOOOOOO
:360:Fifa Street 3 $15
:360:HC:BotP $25
:360:NFL Tour $12

:wii:Spiderwich Chronicles $16 (This one plummeted :( )
:wii:Sega Superstar Tennis $16
:wii:Harry Potter: OotP $16
:wii:MLB 2K8 $16

BAH! This isnt looking good. We need more options. All Ive done so far is eliminate games haha.

Ill call a few more and see if I can get some more quotes and Ill just edit my post here. Good looking out for the numbers that are still open. Im all closed up over here on the east coast.

EDIT 2: Darkrider I figured I would help with the lists themselves again. So you can just copy and paste from here when we get more TIV quotes.

CONFIRMED FLIPS:

History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - $17.49->$25
Fatal Inertia - $17.49->$32

History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 17.49 --> 30
Blacksite: Area 51 - $17.49->$33
Rock Band - $21.00->$33
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - $21.00->30

NONE

STILL NEED QUOTES:

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty 29.99($25 TIV, $5 gain)

Bomberman Land - 24.99
Wii Play - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
No More Heroes - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
Resident Evil 4 - 26.99

Ridge Racer 7 - 24.99
Oblivion - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Warhawk - 29.99

[quote name='ghozt']i initially found out about the ban at the one by san jose state, 3rd and san fernando. went down the sreet to 6th and jackson to confirm it wasn't just at the first location. i take it you don't trade in my neck of the woods as i haven't seen any flipped material at any of the bb i go to. i did go to the ones on el camino and saw f4 so im sure we have cags in that area.[/quote]

any tips on which 408 bbv are cleaned out?

[quote name='weguzs']Even With the 20% coupon the best games are still Rock Band And Blacksite,
no ?[/QUOTE]

yeah, but I'm hoping for some wii games, since I've pretty much traded in too many ps3/360 games into BB. I've even gotten some, "again?" from the BB people.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah, but I'm hoping for some wii games, since I've pretty much traded in too many ps3/360 games into BB. I've even gotten some, "again?" from the BB people.[/quote]

Use the numbers IO posted and make a couple of calls and get some TIV on some of the Wii games still listed in my last post.

v4pLDbOy
"yeah, but I'm hoping for some wii games, since I've pretty much traded in too many ps3/360 games into BB. I've even gotten some, "again?" from the BB people."

i keep trying to make sure it a different employee every time

[quote name='UCLAevo']any tips on which 408 bbv are cleaned out?[/quote]

All of them as far as can tell. I went as south as Blossom Hill & Snell and as west as Palo Alto. Not much left anywhere. I was only able to get like 30 games too.

[quote name='weguzs']EOJ was the best, i did 4 of them, all gone.
still have the 2 mats and 1 camera[/quote]

i have 4 ps3 eye cameras lol. Im keeping one but i dont know what to do with the others

[quote name='DrNo888']All of them as far as can tell. I went as south as Blossom Hill & Snell and as west as Palo Alto. Not much left anywhere. I was only able to get like 30 games too.[/quote]

thanks. i was gonna go look around tomorrow, but i think i won't anymore. the ones close to sunnyvale were pretty cleaned out (only a few at most and they weren't too good flips)

[quote name='UCLAevo']any tips on which 408 bbv are cleaned out?[/quote]

san fernando
rivermark
6th/jackson

are all out of flippable $9.99 games. there are a few $14.99 games at each of them tho.

edit; yea im pretty sure they are all out. i was gonna take a trip to freemont, but with my account being suspended i think its a no go now.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Use the numbers IO posted and make a couple of calls and get some TIV on some of the Wii games still listed in my last post.[/QUOTE]

ahh, I missed that post. shit its past 11pm PT.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ahh, I missed that post. shit its past 11pm PT.[/QUOTE]

The second set are ones open till midnight ;).

Thanks IO, due to your awesome list I was able to make a decent amount of credit the past two days. I know im late to the party but ive been busy. You deserve major kudos for all the work you do in this thread!!!!

[quote name='io']The second set are ones open till midnight ;).[/QUOTE]

yeah, I realized that. I called the last number, expletive deleted, sorry but he was just incompetent.

here's the conversation. given it was 11:15 so I can give him a break.

BB: "Hi, blah blah, this is BB."
Me: " Hi, I was wondering if I could get a few trade in values?"
BB: "huh?"
Me: "You know for when you trade in games."
BB: "Oh, ok, what game do you want to check."
Me: "Uh, No More Heroes for the wii."
BB: "Ok.....long pause.....and for what system?"
Me: "The wii."
BB:....long pause, typing, ect..." Uh it wont tell me the trade in value."
Me: "Oh...really?"
BB: "Oh wait, it says 24.99, I think thats what we sell it for, no actually I think thats the trade in value."
Me: "uhhhh.... really?"
BB: "yeah, I think so."
Me: "Uh, I think I'll just bring them in so you guys can scan them to make it easier."
BB: " Oh yeah bud just do that, it'll be a lot easier."

And that took about 15 minutes, :drool:
Of course it had more sarcasm and confusion, but thats hard to show in words. Plus I didn't put the whole conversation, there were alot in the middle.

At least I found out NMH goes for 24.99 at BB so I guess thats off the flip list as well, but maybe someone should double check. I dont even trust that guy could read the screen. Also did cag go down for a bit, I could get on the site for like 45 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back