The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

Can Confirm In Store Trade In Price

Ps3
History Channel Battle For Pacific 17.49 > 30.00
Turning Point 20.99 > 30.00

Got My Self A Odin Spear
New It Said (Not Sealed, LOL)
For 13.79

BBVideo Giftcard, $300
After 4 Paid In Full Pre-Orders

Last edited by a moderator:
TIV's:
History Channel Battle for the Pacific(360) $25
World Championship Poker All In(360) $12
Rock Band(PS3) $33

Will check out BB again tomorrow, didn't get a chance to look at the used games section. A TGPH Wii for $9.99 is a nice flip...

Updated with the info from the last 3 pages.

STILL NEED QUOTES:

Wii Play - 24.99
Cosmic Family - 24.99
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 26.99
Transformers - 26.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99
Endless Ocean - 26.99
Octomania - GS Price? ($23 TIV)

Spiderman 3 Collectors Edition - 24.99
NHL 2K8 - 24.99
Nascar 08 - 24.99
Orange Box - 26.99(Last reported at $30 TIV)
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 26.99
Sega Superstar Tennis - 29.99
Warhawk - 29.99

CONFIRMED FLIPS:

History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - $17.50->$25 (1.42)
Fatal Inertia - $17.50->$32 (1.83)
Pro Evo Soccer 2008 - $18.90->$28.50 (1.50)
GHIII - $21.00->$28.50 (1.35)
WSOP 2008: Battle for the Bracelets - $17.50->$23 (1.31)
Turning Point: FoL - $21.00->$30(Confirmed?) (1.42)

History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 17.49 -->$30 (1.71)
Blacksite: Area 51 - $17.49->$33 (1.88)
Rock Band - $21.00->$33 (1.57)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - $21.00->$30 (1.42)
Haze - $24.50->$33 (1.34)

Octomania - $14.99(NEW)/$9.10(USED, hard to find)->$23 (2.53)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $17.50->$26 (1.48)
DBZ - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - $18.90->$30 (1.59)

[quote name='weguzs']Can Confirm Ps3
History Channel Battle For Pacific 17.49 > 30.00
Turning Point 20.99 > 30.00[/quote]

No offense man, but everyone and their mother has confirmed these games. Stop confirming active flips and confirm other games ;).

I know Kunai will be lurking around here sometime soon, so I have a question for you - You hinted at games that would be getting knocked down in price at Blockbuster come Sunday - any chance you can let us in on that secret?! Perhaps Bioshock gets knocked down to 14.99? =D

Also Dark - here's a list of ratios for all games you have confirmed as flips so far, in order of how you posted them -

Also, attention Gamestop employees reading/lurking this thread: Can any of you confirm the extension of the Trade 2, Get $10 promo until past the 20th? I've heard numerous reports of yes, and other CAGers as well.

[quote name='malalrd']5 Mario Karts?
Care to share where you got it?
Just looking for one here.[/quote]

2 from GS. GS didnt want to sell me 2 so i had to leave and ask some random person leaving the store if they could return to the store and purchase another on my behalf. I gave the guy $5 for the help. ;) The other 3 were at KMART. KMART was loaded today. They had just got a bunch of Mario Karts, Wiis, MGS4 bundles, 40 GB PS3s, and 360s. The guy working the electronics section says all of their shipments are like this. They get a ton of stuff but thats all they have for a good while. He said when they get wiis they get them 10 at a time. Looked like they only had 3 or 4. Guess the rest were stashed away in the back.

I was at a gamestop and noticed a large NCAA '09 poster with a new $40 trade-in promo. Yes, there is a third promo floating around now.

1) "Trade in NCAA '09 and get $40 credit towards Madden '09"
2) "Extra $15 credit when you trade in two wii, 360, or ps3 games"
3) "Extra $40 credit towards NCAA '09 when you trade in two wii, 360, or ps3 games"

Anyone have the bar code or coupon scan for the 3rd promotion? I'm sure some of you guys have seen it. The GS attendent looked all over but couldn't find the bar code or coupon card to get this promo to work :(

Confirmed Trade In Price (Phone)

Wii
Wii Play - 24.99 > no price can't trade in (that what he said)
Medal of Honor Vanguard - 26.99 > 16.00
Transformers - 26.99 > 16.00
Endless Ocean - 26.99 > 16.00
Octomania - ?? > 23.00

Spiderman 3 Collector's Edition - 24.99 > 13.00
NHL 2K8 - 24.99 > 13.00
Nascar 08 - 24.99 > 16.00
Orange Box - 26.99 > 16.00
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - 26.99 > 16.00
Warhawk - 29.99 > 26.00

[quote name='makstaks']I was at a gamestop and noticed a large NCAA '09 poster with a new $40 trade-in promo. Yes, there is a third promo floating around now.

3) "Extra $40 credit towards NCAA '09 when you trade in two wii, 360, or ps3 games"

Anyone have the bar code or coupon scan for the 3rd promotion? I'm sure some of you guys have seen it. The GS attendent looked all over but couldn't find the bar code or coupon card to get this promo to work :([/QUOTE]

that third one sounds ridiculous, I m may have to find 2 more games to trade in if its true.

octomania is rarer than any otehr game i've looked for. I found a PES and SST, even history channel, but never seen octomania ever.

Almost done guys! Just so you all know. Octomania came out March 31 of '08 and it sells for $14.99 already. It just might be that bad of a game that no body actually bought it.

STILL NEED QUOTES:

Cosmic Family - 24.99
Ghost Squad - 26.99

CONFIRMED FLIPS:

Fatal Inertia - $17.50->$32 (1.83)
Pro Evo Soccer 2008 - $18.90->$28.50 (1.50)
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - $17.50->$25 (1.42)
Turning Point: FoL - $21.00->$30(Confirmed?) (1.42)
GHIII - $21.00->$28.50 (1.35)
WSOP 2008: Battle for the Bracelets - $17.50->$23 (1.31)

Blacksite: Area 51 - $17.49->$33 (1.88)
Eye of Judgment $20.90-> $36 (1.72)
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 17.49 -->$30 (1.71)
Pro Evo Soccer 08 - $18.90->$30 (1.59)
Rock Band - $21.00->$33 (1.57)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - $21.00->$30 (1.42)
Haze - $24.50->$33 (1.34)

Octomania - $14.99(NEW)/$9.10(USED, hard to find)->$23 (2.53)
DBZ - Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - $18.90->$30 (1.59)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $17.50->$26 (1.48)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']that third one sounds ridiculous, I m may have to find 2 more games to trade in if its true.

octomania is rarer than any otehr game i've looked for. I found a PES and SST, even history channel, but never seen octomania ever.[/quote]

someone in the 20% thread found a used Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collectors Edition. Thats gotta be just as hard. Im jealous!

[quote name='makstaks']someone in the 20% thread found a used Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collectors Edition. Thats gotta be just as hard. Im jealous![/QUOTE]

very nice indeed, I haven't seen one of those either.

Octomania he could not find in the system, I had so spell it.

I did look for some at GS , found no Octomania (New or Used) DBZ, Blacksite, Fatal Inertia, Pro Evo Soccer 2008

[quote name='makstaks']I was at a gamestop and noticed a large NCAA '09 poster with a new $40 trade-in promo. Yes, there is a third promo floating around now.

Anyone have the bar code or coupon scan for the 3rd promotion? I'm sure some of you guys have seen it. The GS attendent looked all over but couldn't find the bar code or coupon card to get this promo to work :([/quote]

There is NO WAY that third promo is right. Seriously. If it is I want to know ASAP and Ill go pick NCAA tomorrow. Then just trade it in for Madden.

[quote name='weguzs']Octomania he could not find in the system, I had so spell it.

I did look for some at GS , found no Octomania (New or Used) DBZ, Blacksite, Fatal Inertia, Pro Evo Soccer 2008[/quote]

Games are in very short supply here too. The only games I've been able to find are DBZ and Pro Evo Soccer 08. One store actually had 4 copies of Pro Evo Soccer. My eyes opened wide when I saw them.

whats the DBZ game thats good tiv at BB, they had one at the GS near me, but it was buicho blah blah 2

the GS manager said there was a 3 so I thought that the good tiv was bucho tedachblah blah 3 not 2.

which one was it?

nvm found the post.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']There is NO WAY that third promo is right. Seriously. If it is I want to know ASAP and Ill go pick NCAA tomorrow. Then just trade it in for Madden.[/quote]

i'll try to take a pic of the poster. I think its the only NCAA '09 poster i've seen in the store (i saw it at two gamestops but only tried at the last one). But next time you guys are in the store look for it and if you see it ask. Thats a killer deal and a $40 recycle right into madden 09.

[quote name='makstaks']i'll try to take a pic of the poster. I think its the only NCAA '09 poster i've seen in the store (i saw it at two gamestops but only tried at the last one). But next time you guys are in the store look for it and if you see it ask. Thats a killer deal and a $40 recycle right into madden 09.[/quote]

I have seen the different variations of the NCAA09 posters, including the one this poster has been talking about. However, that third deal that you mentioned...seriously, that sounds WAY too good to be true. I will go tomorrow and buy that game if that's the case.

So basically, you trade in 2 games, and say both have 5.00 base trade in value, that's 50 bucks towards NCAA 09. So essentially, you're paying $15.00 in credit for the game...I know they had the promo going on where you trade in games and you get an extra 20% into your T.I.V if you use it towards NCAA 09, but this one...

I'm officially confused fellas. Pro evo soccer (PS3) is now getting $16 at BBV but the 360 version is getting 28.50? Did that change since I left to buy it from GS a few hours ago? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up. And yes, AS ALWAYS, I read the last few pages and the first post. Thanks again guys.

[quote name='confoosious']Where was this? This cracks me up. Some genius is smart enough to read this thread but not smart enough to remove stickers.[/quote]

Well the Blockbuster bags were what really got me....it was in the Sacramento, CA area.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm officially confused fellas. Pro evo soccer (PS3) is now getting $16 at BBV but the 360 version is getting 28.50? Did that change since I left to buy it from GS a few hours ago? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up. And yes, AS ALWAYS, I read the last few pages and the first post. Thanks again guys.[/quote]

That's why the post says if anyone else can confirm. I know PES was a flip with the PS3 coupon for a while, but unless they changed its TIV during the middle of the week I have no idea how it hit $16.

[quote name='r00kie']Well the Blockbuster bags were what really got me....it was in the Sacramento, CA area.[/quote]

If I were you I would have ratted him out. Not to be an asshole or anything, but how god damn stupid can some people get? I always make sure I carry my games in my own bag and not the Blockbuster bags just to avoid suspicion.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm officially confused fellas. Pro evo soccer (PS3) is now getting $16 at BBV but the 360 version is getting 28.50? Did that change since I left to buy it from GS a few hours ago? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up. And yes, AS ALWAYS, I read the last few pages and the first post. Thanks again guys.[/QUOTE]

hmm, I got the old tiv a few days ago, ps3 version. odd... I cant help you, maybe someone can clear it up.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']hmm, I got the old tiv a few days ago, ps3 version. odd... I cant help you, maybe someone can clear it up.[/quote]

And the problem is my BBV won't give TIV's over the phone which is really annoying.

Okay Called Again And Got,

Pro Evo Soccer 2008

Ps3

Xbox 360

Need Someone Else To Confirm It

Which Is Weird Because the first time i called i got 16
But I Said Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

[quote name='makstaks']someone in the 20% thread found a used Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collectors Edition. Thats gotta be just as hard. Im jealous![/quote]

i have seen several of these on my gamestop runs and pro evo 2008 dropped already?

just called them and was quoted 30

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collector Edition Nice, i Picked up the regular for 20.00 with 25%\E

On E3 Sony Said There Ganna Do The 29.99 Specials Coming By Next Month or So

[quote name='weguzs']Okay Called Again And Got,

Pro Evo Soccer 2008

Ps3

Xbox 360

Need Some Else To Confirm It

Which Is Weird Because the first time i called i got 16
But I Said Pro Evolution Soccer 2008[/quote]

If they told you 30, then I'm going to head to Blockbuster and Trade it in. Give me an hour and I'll be able to confirm it for everyone.

Bad for Me, I could Not Find Any Good Trades At the 6 GS i visited today.

I Checked Online too, but They Had Only the disc when i went, and my bbv wants the minimal case cover

Found Only 1 Turing Point Ps3 And 1 History Channel PS3

[quote name='bgame2']If they told you 30, then I'm going to head to Blockbuster and Trade it in. Give me an hour and I'll be able to confirm it for everyone.[/quote]

Scratch that, it's in the wife's car and she isn't here. Argghhh

Saw that EOJ was missing the price in the OP, its 29.99-->20.99 after coupon/edge. Picked it up today, gonna flip the game at BBV doesn't the camera itself have a pretty high trade in value at gamestop? I vaguely remember hearing something about that.

[quote name='Warner1281']
B1G1 has been extended until the 28th at BBV due to it's "unexpected success." :D In an attempt to refill the used game section, a bigger than usual rental --> used game transfer will occur on Sunday.[/quote]

is this confirmed?

the only problem is the $10 gs promo dies this week.

[quote name='Warner1281']
B1G1 has been extended until the 28th at BBV due to it's "unexpected success." :D In an attempt to refill the used game section, a bigger than usual rental --> used game transfer will occur on Sunday.
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:... I love it. I wonder how successful it would have been if the GS promo was not running at the same time? I know I would have bought, maybe, 5 or 6 games instead of near 100.

Anyway, went to 3 Blockbusters (well, tried to go to 4 but one was non-existant and they told me at another store it had closed a long time ago - way to keep that store locator database updated Blockbuster!). Then I went to 3 GS's. Once again at one of them the Blacksite that was supposed to be there was gone. At another it was disc only. Finally at the third I found a single mint copy. Man, what a pain. The Blockbusters were fairly slim pickings too - managed to get 11 flippable games and 1 to keep (Star Trek Tactical Assault for PSP).

Unfortunately this left me with an odd amount of games so I still have a mint Beautiful Katamari if anyone wants it.

I'm looking forward to the new games being transferred from rentals and hopefully to new games being added to the list on Sunday. We had a rumor a while back that the GS promo was being extended as well - has any more info come from that? If it isn't, then, well, the Blockbuster promo extension won't mean much though there might be a few titles I can snag for myself hopefully. I'm busy with non-game stuff on Sunday (yeah, imagine that? ;)) so I'll miss the one day of overlap for sure between the new stock/price drops and GS promo. Though most likely most stores won't pull those rentals till next week anyway, right Warner?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Saw that EOJ was missing the price in the OP, its 29.99-->20.99 after coupon/edge. Picked it up today, gonna flip the game at BBV doesn't the camera itself have a pretty high trade in value at gamestop? I vaguely remember hearing something about that.[/QUOTE]

it costs $25 at GS, so maybe 10-15 tiv, maybe less. They dont give much for accessories.

Today on my way home from work I hit 3 BB and 3 GS.

All :360:
BB-->GS(w/ edge and $10 bonus) (With NCAA $15)

Full auto $14.99 --> $9.40
(x2)Marvel Ult. All. $14.99 --> $7.75
Armored Core 4 $14.99--> $12.70
Call of Duty 3 $14.99--> $9.40
Kameo: EOP $9.99 -->$7.20
Spiderman 3 $9.99 -->$10.50
NFS:MW $14.99 --> $12.70
SOF:pB $14.99 --> $12.70
Overlord $14.99 --> $11.60
Crackdown $14.99 --> $8.30
Moto GP 06 $9.99 --> $7.20

From over this past week.
(x2) PSU $9.99 --> $10.50 ($13.00)
Earth Defense force $6.99 --> $10.50 ($13.00)
Meet the Robinsons $6.99 --> $9.40
WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 07 $9.99 --> $9.40
LotR: BfME(2, i think) $14.99 --> $12.70 ($15.20)
PotC: 3 $9.99 --> $9.40
Bullet Witch $9.99 --> $9.40

Thanks everyone who provides information on this thread.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']That's great news, I can't wait until Sunday. Even if the Trade 2 Get $10 ends on 7/20...the trade 2 Get $15 doesn't expire until Aug 17th....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but since that is so YMMV, I'd hate to buy BB games (which are essentially non-returnable) and then have to try multiple GS stores which may or may not take them with the coupon...

Anyway, just wanted to say that all the following held their values at GS: Armored Core 3, THPG, PotC, Golden Compass, SoF Payback, VT3, and EDF 2017.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but since that is so YMMV, I'd hate to buy BB games (which are essentially non-returnable) and then have to try multiple GS stores which may or may not take them with the coupon...

Anyway, just wanted to say that all the following held their values at GS: Armored Core 3, THPG, PotC, Golden Compass, SoF Payback, VT3, and EDF 2017.[/quote]

I have tried the Trade 2, Get $15 coupon at 7 EB/GS's now..Apparently my local GS's have a rule where as long as the coupon scans they take it. I guess it's more of a risk if they don't take it as you don't have the Trade 2, Get $10 to fall back on if they don't accept it...

Talk about a reversal. I had a guy at gamestop who refused to sell me EoJ without the camera, mat & cards (which were all included in the price). I started out with "i already have the camera" since they usually look at me and say "you know this game requires a camera and stuff, right?". The guy's response was "Sorry, I cant sell the game without the extras, it would throw our inventory off".

Naturally, i'm confused, thinking he's trying to sell the extras for more $ on top of the game price I ask him how much do the extras cost, he replies "they come with the game".

:bomb:

Next I ask, "So why can't I buy everything then?" He replies "You said you already have the camera". I now want to pull out a hammer and smash this guy in the face, but I just reply "Well, I guess i'll take everything and just have an extra one to sell". He says okay and rings everything up. A bit more stressful than I would've liked, but hey, if the camera does get $12, It means I essentially got EoJ for $7 credit.

[quote name='DrNo888']wait, so what was total for everything?
Just the price of the game?[/quote]

Game is $20.90. PSEye gets you back $12 at GS? I'm not really sure. If it does it'll be $9->$36.

The trade 2 at GS for $15 bonus talk is very deceptive. Correct me if I'm wrong, it is either YMMV or unless you apply your pair of next gen console trades toward NCAA Football 09. After the 10 bucks x-tra is over, I'm out of luck. My GS's gave me no 15 bucks x-tra (No YMMV) without NCAA application of trade-in credit.

I read several pages back that someone said that GS may extend the Trade 2 get $10 Extra again till the end of the month. Has anyone asked a friendly manager if there is any truth to this?

Also, Dropped 8 games off at GS (A), then went to lunch, then went to GS(B) and the same managers were at that one that was at the other. Guess corporate management was making the rounds here. Luckily GS(B) was in the mall and I saw both of them before I walked in and did a quick u-turn. Not worth try to explain myself if they remembered me from less than an hour before.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']So has anyone figured out how to find used EOJ on the gamestop site? Would be pretty helpful lol.[/quote]

Don't think so, but you can either go into the store or call and ask someone at gs to check local stores for it. Thats how I found a used fftactics psp :). For whatever reason it seems like they can still use the 'old' search because the guy I talked to said that a nearby store had 4-9 copies of fftactics.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']So has anyone figured out how to find used EOJ on the gamestop site? Would be pretty helpful lol.[/quote]

Not always right, but a really good way is to search for the PS eye used. Most cases, when stores buy the EoJ bundle from people, they will sell the camera separately, so its a higher chance that if they have a used eye, theres a used EoJ as well.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not always right, but a really good way is to search for the PS eye used. Most cases, when stores buy the EoJ bundle from people, they will sell the camera separately, so its a higher chance that if they have a used eye, theres a used EoJ as well.[/quote]

Oh good call Ill try that.

So today i walked in BBV with a copy of Blacksite for ps3 to trade in to reserve some credit there. And guess what? I met a SR. DETECTIVE (Yeah not the JR. people, It was the SR. dress all nice with suit and tie, the "COPORATE" people) so here how it went:
Me speak with a low class cashier: Hey I would like to trade this game in.
Cashier: One sec please.
Walk over a middle age looking man dressing in suit and tie and he asked me:
"Hey let me ask you a question, You've been trading alot of games in recently in different stores where do you get these games from?"
Me: " Hmmm....I bought them? Finished and don't want them anymore o_O"
Sr.Detective: "Even with the 6 copies of F4? Why did you have 6?"
Me: "I bought them for myself my brothers and cousins but some of them doesn't want so..."
Sr.Detective: "6 copies? I don't buy it, anyway the loss prevention is looking at your account"
Me: " You're saying i stole these game?"
Sr.Dtective: "No sir i'm not saying that, it's just shady how you got multiple copies of same game"
Me: " So you're basically saying I stole them, and with what proof?"
Sr. Detective (afraid cuz he knew he wasn't going to win the arguement and walk away from me saying: "Well anyway i just want to let you know your account is being audited"
Me: "So what does that mean? I can't trade games here anymore"
Sr. Detective: " Well I'll let you trade that game in" (walk away in silent and embarrassed with the pissed look on his face)
So the cashier went ahead and traded the game for me for 33$ =) and my account was still Cleared. Rented a movie and walked out happy. I hated how me tried to make me look like a thief or some shit. And i just talked him out of his word. It was very precious moment to see the accuse being defeat =) you just gotta be there to see it to feel it. But anyway I'm done trading game @ BBV for awhile lol. Don't want them to raise flags on me. Just gonna flip 33$ back to gamestop when they get more stock of 14.99 and less games in.

[quote name='luan87us']So today i walked in BBV with a copy of Blacksite for ps3 to trade in to reserve some credit there. And guess what? I met a SR. DETECTIVE (Yeah not the JR. people, It was the SR. dress all nice with suit and tie, the "COPORATE" people) so here how it went:
Me speak with a low class cashier: Hey I would like to trade this game in.
Cashier: One sec please.
Walk over a middle age looking man dressing in suit and tie and he asked me:
"Hey let me ask you a question, You've been trading alot of games in recently in different stores where do you get these games from?"
Me: " Hmmm....I bought them? Finished and don't want them anymore o_O"
Sr.Detective: "Even with the 6 copies of F4? Why did you have 6?"
Me: "I bought them for myself my brothers and cousins but some of them doesn't want so..."
Sr.Detective: "6 copies? I don't buy it, anyway the loss prevention is looking at your account"
Me: " You're saying i stole these game?"
Sr.Dtective: "No sir i'm not saying that, it's just shady how you got multiple copies of same game"
Me: " So you're basically saying I stole them, and with what proof?"
Sr. Detective (afraid cuz he knew he wasn't going to win the arguement and walk away from me saying: "Well anyway i just want to let you know your account is being audited"
Me: "So what does that mean? I can't trade games here anymore"
Sr. Detective: " Well I'll let you trade that game in" (walk away in silent and embarrassed with the pissed look on his face)
So the cashier went ahead and traded the game for me for 33$ =) and my account was still Cleared. Rented a movie and walked out happy. I hated how me tried to make me look like a thief or some shit. And i just talked him out of his word. It was very precious moment to see the accuse being defeat =) you just gotta be there to see it to feel it. But anyway I'm done trading game @ BBV for awhile lol. Don't want them to raise flags on me. Just gonna flip 33$ back to gamestop when they get more stock of 14.99 and less games in.[/QUOTE]

ayyy, bad news. I posted a while back about how I spoke to a BB manager and she said that they were getting more strict and that corporate was looking into the flipping problems. As of now I am done no more flipping for me, I've gotten more than I need and dont need to risk it any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back