The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']ayyy, bad news. I posted a while back about how I spoke to a BB manager and she said that they were getting more strict and that corporate was looking into the flipping problems. As of now I am done no more flipping for me, I've gotten more than I need and dont need to risk it any further.[/quote]

You're in La too right? Which store told you that? Pm if you want...;)

[quote name='spauldingfan']You're in La too right? Which store told you that? Pm if you want...;)[/QUOTE]
No need to pm, everyone should know.

It was the alton/culver one in irvine, CA

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']No need to pm, everyone should know.

It was the alton/culver one in irvine, CA[/quote]

Ok that is a good 50 miles from me...... I wonder how they are going to go about it.

Does anyone know if I give my EDGE card to my gf and have her trade in some stuff one Sunday while im at work if they will let her use my card? Not sure if anyone has tried it. my last stop tomorrow will be at BB on the other side of town where there is not any GS stores. Not wasting my gas to drive all the way back.

Does anyone know the TIV at GS or BB for these games:

PS3
Motorstorm
Oblivion (original)
Medal of Honor Airborne
Jericho

Wii
Scarface

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: All but 1 BB store claim that the B1G1 $14.99 sale is for Xbox 360 ONLY not PS3 and Wii. Are you guys getting the same thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NJMane']
EDIT: All but 1 BB store claim that the B1G1 $14.99 sale is for Xbox 360 ONLY not PS3 and Wii. Are you guys getting the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because no PS3 or Wii games are $14.99 or under. Some may be marked that way but that means they have old price tags. They marked them all up to $16.99 a few weeks before the sale started. This was our first clue that the sale might happen.

[quote name='NJMane']Does anyone know if I give my EDGE card to my gf and have her trade in some stuff one Sunday while im at work if they will let her use my card? Not sure if anyone has tried it. my last stop tomorrow will be at BB on the other side of town where there is not any GS stores. Not wasting my gas to drive all the way back.

Does anyone know the TIV at GS or BB for these games:

PS3
Motorstorm
Oblivion (original)
Medal of Honor Airborne
Jericho

Wii
Scarface

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: All but 1 BB store claim that the B1G1 $14.99 sale is for Xbox 360 ONLY not PS3 and Wii. Are you guys getting the same thing?[/QUOTE]

motorstorm I believe is 13 or 16, I think 13 though. I traded that in a while back though so I'd call. The b1g1 is for all systems, but the vast majority of games are for the 360. If you can find some ps3/wii ones they probably trade better at GS.

[quote name='io']Yes, because no PS3 or Wii games are $14.99 or under. Some may be marked that way but that means they have old price tags. They marked them all up to $16.99 a few weeks before the sale started. This was our first clue that the sale might happen.[/QUOTE]

pretty much, but a lot of wii games are marked 12.99 and 14.99 as well as the ps3 games like Virtua fighter.

[quote name='NJMane']
One of the Fullerton stores has a sign that says "Excludes PS3 and Wii" under the B1G1 signage. It's store-made, but it's there.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']pretty much, but a lot of wii games are marked 12.99 and 14.99 as well as the ps3 games like Virtua fighter.[/quote]

If you read the post you quoted, you'll find out why...

To clear any confusion:

Yes, PS3 & Wii games will possibly be marked 14.99 and under. As long as the store adjusts the price to $14.99 or under, they will qualify for the B1G1 no matter what the employee tells you.

The "10 game limit" on trades at GS is not part of the promotion, but a rule decided by the manager at the individual store. Only 1 of the 9 stores I've traded at has actually done this, and all I had to do was ask and they adjusted the total to reflect the bonus $5 on games 11-16. At the other 8 stores i've traded up to 28 games at once and had no problems other than serious lag on the calculation side (pretty sad when Blockbuster's DOS systems are faster than Gamestop's Windows based programs).

[quote name='Bezerker']
The "10 game limit" on trades at GS is not part of the promotion, but a rule decided by the manager at the store. Only 1 of the 9 stores i've traded at has actually done this, and all I had to do was ask and they adjusted the total to reflect the bonus $5 on games 11-16.[/quote]

Yep. I traded in 12 games in one sitting today and the bonus reflected on all 12 games traded in, no issues or readjusting required.

[quote name='io']Yes, because no PS3 or Wii games are $14.99 or under. Some may be marked that way but that means they have old price tags. They marked them all up to $16.99 a few weeks before the sale started. This was our first clue that the sale might happen.[/quote]

My local store today had actually just re-organized their used game section and stickered all the right prices on all their games. They actually lowered the prices on some Wii games. Didn't check the PS3 section though.

so I've been rejected a few times with the $15 extra trade in coupon at GS, went with a friend today to 4 GS's had him trade in all the BB's games for me. No probs, got about 550 at GS + 40 at BBV

[quote name='CaoPi']so I've been rejected a few times with the $15 extra trade in coupon at GS, went with a friend today to 4 GS's had him trade in all the BB's games for me. No probs, got about 550 at GS + 40 at BBV[/QUOTE]

Wait, so did you get him to use the coupon, or just to trade them in for the 10 bonus?

[quote name='Link927']Wait, so did you get him to use the coupon, or just to trade them in for the 10 bonus?[/quote]

coupon was used, netting about 26.5 total for each trade, although it really depends on who is working and what their reaction is to the coupon

[quote name='gi60']I traded the ps eye at gs today and got $10 base tiv. Anybody want the stand? Pm me[/quote]

Great news! I was actually wondering that. 21-11 = $10->$36. GREAT flip. There are actually a couple of them around me so I'll be hunting for them tomorrow. Too bad I put mine on ebay already.>_

[quote name='confoosious']luan - where was this?

Oldboy - she said "flipping"?[/QUOTE]

YES, thats why I was alarmed. She asked if I was flipping the games. I just played dumb and said, what like at another Blockbuster. so on...I just said they were for me and other family members, ect. I have yet to return there. In my old post I said this already, but I'll say it again

she said that a certain person tried to trade in 6+ of the same game, RSV2 I am guessing. She said 2 only and he said fine I'll just take them to another BB. She also mentioned he was from a site called "Cheap Ass" she didn't say gamer, she said he had a piece of paper that had that on the top. So I am just guessing he printed out the tiv list from here. I'm pretty sure it wasn't someone from here, the active people, since noone is that stupid. But someone who just read the thread and leeched the info. She said she called the BBs in the area and he did indeed trade multiple copies in to a few. There are a few BBs withing a few miles so I tried to get rid of my RSV2 but all the BBs were blocked from that game. So I just put the GS sticker back on and returned it. The whole situation hat day was very weird and strange. But I got away unharmed so I'm fine with one BB off limits too me.

When I read the Sr. Detective post, I imagined a suit behind the counter, monitoring all the trade ins. And checking to see if any flippers were there.

I have tried the $15 coupon at my GS. They typed in the code and everything and he said that it did not work. I watched him type it in and everything. Is it a regional code or should it work everywhere. The guy was real cool so I cant imagine that he would have cared.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So I just put the GS sticker back on and returned it. The whole situation hat day was very weird and strange. But I got away unharmed so I'm fine with one BB off limits too me.
[/QUOTE]

Heh, thats why I always take care to remove the sticker gently and place it either on the bag or on the reciept, my friends bust me about it sometimes, but hey, you never know if the game has a defect, or if you need to return it for some other odd reason.

[quote name='Link927']Heh, thats why I always take care to remove the sticker gently and place it either on the bag or on the reciept, my friends bust me about it sometimes, but hey, you never know if the game has a defect, or if you need to return it for some other odd reason.[/QUOTE]

since I do it in my car I stick the GS ones on my stick shift and if I get rid of them just roll them in a ball...

I swear, you leechers who are ruining this should wisen up. How god damn stupid can you get? Don't tell them you're going to go to another BB you morons.

I swear, there should be an off-limits forum dedicated to just the BB/GR thread that only IO and DjKunai can let you into... That would solve all these leeching problems.

Back on topic... I'll be trading a couple more EoJ's tomorrow. Should have started doing those before >_

Today I was picking up a few games from a BB a little out of my normal circle (got off early on a friday so I went for a motorcycle ride). As I was paying, I saw Blacksite, Turning Point, and TC4 for the PS3 sitting on the counter... Kind of explained why there weren't many games to flip to GS. :(

I'm finding nothing at the GS here to flip back to BB. At this point my credit is 85% GS. I would like to move more back and forth, (still have some B1G1 fodder to pick from) but need a little more GS to BB action first.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I swear, you leechers who are ruining this should wisen up. How god damn stupid can you get? Don't tell them you're going to go to another BB you morons.

I swear, there should be an off-limits forum dedicated to just the BB/GR thread that only IO and DjKunai can let you into... That would solve all these leeching problems.[/QUOTE]

is that even possible to set up? :D

I know I said I was out of the flipping game, but since I'm transferring to Garden Grove soon, next monday, it may open a lot of new stores to me. Any flippers out there.

You guys realize that as long as you keep the receipt (which i do until Im all done and have entered everything into my spreadsheet anyways) that you dont need the stickers...right? lol

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']is that even possible to set up? :D[/QUOTE]
By using CAG's Social Group, yes. It'd be small though - the group gets it's own page, on which members can post (visible only to members of the group and moderators).

Oldboy, I'm just a bit up the road from Garbage Grove.

[quote name='JJSP']By using CAG's Social Group, yes. It'd be small though - the group gets it's own page, on which members can post (visible only to members of the group and moderators).[/QUOTE]

interesting...:whistle2:k

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']You guys realize that as long as you keep the receipt (which i do until Im all done and have entered everything into my spreadsheet anyways) that you dont need the stickers...right? lol[/QUOTE]

Well, how exactly do they know that you didnt just pick up the reciept and try to return your already open copy. I guess some employees might let it slide, but thats how I see it.

[quote name='Link927']Well, how exactly do they know that you didnt just pick up the reciept and try to return your already open copy. I guess some employees might let it slide, but thats how I see it.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter I think, as long as its the same upc, its the same to them.

I;ve returned a few things to GS without the stickers, most recently jade empire. I was going to keep it, but the BC on the 360 isn't that good, framerate is bad. BUt I dont want to give myself away as a flipper, i just want to be safe at all fronts.

I traded in an EoJ two days and went in today to trade in a Blacksite. After I traded it in, they asked me for the camera for the EoJ but I don't have one. I never got one from GS. So I am wondering if anyone on here has an extra one they could trade me for cheap, please PM if you do? It would much appreciated since I only have one BB in my area and I can't afford to get banned or to piss them off. Thanks.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']it doesn't matter I think, as long as its the same upc, its the same to them.

I;ve returned a few things to GS without the stickers, most recently jade empire. I was going to keep it, but the BC on the 360 isn't that good, framerate is bad. BUt I dont want to give myself away as a flipper, i just want to be safe at all fronts.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I always thought gs issued different upcs for used games. Well, I agree though I'd rather not throw off more suspicion then somewhat give away already.

[quote name='Link927']Hmmm, I always thought gs issued different upcs for used games. Well, I agree though I'd rather not throw off more suspicion then somewhat give away already.[/QUOTE]

yeah, just little things can help hide your identity as a flipper. Like keeping the stickers, or receipts, or just bringing in the discs ad not the black BB cases. Over the apst 2 weeks I've tried a lot of things to keep under the radar. But its the leechers of the thread that seem to be getting us in trouble. I've never been accused yet at any store, just told about other people that have given themselves away.

i don't know why some people need to open their big mouths. why do you say 'i'm gonna take it to another xxx store'? it's not like they're going to say ok and beg you to trade at their store after that. you're just drawing extra attention to yourself and us by pouting.

You do need the stickers for return... or at least one of them. Just be careful with one of the stickers and keep it somewhere in your car when you try to trade in. It's not that goddamned hard.

I can't believe the stupidity of some of these leech flippers. This thing's gonna come crashing down on some users, I'm sure.

[quote name='NJMane']I have tried the $15 coupon at my GS. They typed in the code and everything and he said that it did not work. I watched him type it in and everything. Is it a regional code or should it work everywhere. The guy was real cool so I cant imagine that he would have cared.[/QUOTE]

Did you trade 2 AND ONLY 2 games that were going to get $5+ before bonus? If one of the games is $4 or less or you trade more than 2 on a transaction it will not work. That's another thing that makes the coupon somewhat of a pain. You have to get them to do different transactions if you want to do more than just 1 qualifying pair of games. I've taken to using just 1 and then trading the rest of the games (even some that qualify for the $15 promo) afterwards in one big lump. That way I'm only using one coupon at a time (since it says one per person - I've had a few employees say 1 is OK but I need to go to another store if I want to use another), and yet I'm getting at least a little extra bonus and I'm getting rid of a bunch of things at once. I don't have the time to take just pairs of games to every GS in my area.

[quote name='GuardianE']You do need the stickers for return... or at least one of them. Just be careful with one of the stickers and keep it somewhere in your car when you try to trade in. It's not that goddamned hard.

I can't believe the stupidity of some of these leech flippers. This thing's gonna come crashing down on some users, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

I just hope it doesn't come down on us as well.

[quote name='io']Did you trade 2 AND ONLY 2 games that were going to get $5+ before bonus? If one of the games is $4 or less or you trade more than 2 on a transaction it will not work. That's another thing that makes the coupon somewhat of a pain. You have to get them to do different transactions if you want to do more than just 1 qualifying pair of games. I've taken to using just 1 and then trading the rest of the games (even some that qualify for the $15 promo) afterwards in one big lump. That way I'm only using one coupon at a time (since it says one per person - I've had a few employees say 1 is OK but I need to go to another store if I want to use another), and yet I'm getting at least a little extra bonus and I'm getting rid of a bunch of things at once. I don't have the time to take just pairs of games to every GS in my area.[/quote]

Thanks io. I did not know that about the separate transactions. I was trading in 6 games so it makes sense now. Seems like way to much work for an extra $5 when your already coming out ahead anyways. Till the $10 Extra ends I will just stick with that. Thank You.

[quote name='GuardianE']You do need the stickers for return... or at least one of them. Just be careful with one of the stickers and keep it somewhere in your car when you try to trade in. It's not that goddamned hard.

I can't believe the stupidity of some of these leech flippers. This thing's gonna come crashing down on some users, I'm sure.[/quote]

I have returned a few things without stickers. As long as I had my receipt I didnt have a problem.

I dont see how they could deny you if you have the receipt. I dont know about the rest of you but the first thing I do when I buy games EVEN THAT IM KEEPING is take the stickers off. Most of the time I do it while Im in the car lol.

Just finished reading the last couple of posts. ...God damn.

Audits? Loss prevention? Sheesh.

Not to mention... trading 6+ copies of one game, saying you're from our CAG, mentioning the term, flashing the TIV list around like it's a badge of honor while attempting to flip on top of telling the clerk you're going to flip to another store?

I have a difficult time believing anyone was that stupid purely by accident.

Walking into a store with a BB bag full of games to trade is one thing, but that right there was a whole new level of WTF.

Good luck guys. Sniper is spot on btw. So long as you have a receipt and the clerks aren't anal they'll accept it.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Just finished reading the last couple of posts. ...God damn.

Audits? Loss prevention? Sheesh.

Not to mention... trading 6+ copies of one game, saying you're from our CAG, mentioning the term, flashing the TIV list around like it's a badge of honor while attempting to flip on top of telling the clerk you're going to flip to another store?

I have a difficult time believing anyone was that stupid purely by accident.

Walking into a store with a BB bag full of games to trade is one thing, but that right there was a whole new level of WTF.

Good luck guys.[/QUOTE]

thats why I posted it, it was way way beyond wtf when I was there. But I played like a retard so I could use the rest of my BB credit that day. The sad thing si that they still have a lot of good games.

I really want to go back and get Yakuza and Katamari Damacy that I saw. But I'm afraid to go back in there.

[quote name='DarkRider23']...or DjKunai can let you into... That would solve all these leeching problems.[/quote]

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. This site is going the same way as those before it like FW and SD. I remember the days when people like RapaciousEbayer were ostracized on FW. Once the balance tipped in their favor most deals on FW became useless to anyone that valued their time. It got to the point where more and more people would start hoarding to make up for time/money wasted chasing B&M deals that didn't pan out. They'd justify it in their heads by saying "Rappy does it and gets away with it, so if I didn't do it someone else would". For every person that wanted to keep the old FW there were a hundred lurkers with $ in their eyes everytime they saw one the hoarding braggarts make a post.

Thanks to Kunai I don't even bother with B&M deals anymore. He bought out every single BB game $14.99 and under in the area. I can't even trust that BB will take my trades in anymore for games I've actually played because if there is any bit of profit to be made from it Kunai or one of his followers has exploited it. Eventually I know I'll give up on CAG completely and turn to Gamefly for good.

But it doesn't really matter what I think because it is already too late. The floodgates have been opened. Now enough people have realized the profit potential of BB that it is only going to get worse until BB does something about it and in the meantime and its going to get harder and harder to get in on the deals.

I guess I'll leave this thread with a few notes. A society of Kunais is doomed. You can see it in the mortgage/credit crisis we're going through right now. In the end there will be more losers than winners. A few people will make a quick buck for awhile but eventually the market will correct itself and someone will have to pay for the value that has been taken out. There is no such thing as a faceless company. And easy money is always short term. There is always someone willing to go further than you are to make a quick buck.

But I'm not judging anyone for the flipping. Especially when you take into consideration that there are people exhibiting the same behavior on a much larger scale that are having a much more dramatic impact on all of our lives. People do what they have to to sleep at night. I just try my best to make sure that what helps me sleep doesn't affect anyone's elses ability to do so.

This thread is of no use to me anymore and I've stopped posting any useful information I had it because I knew it would be abused. BB thread, it was nice knowing ya.

[quote name='jkanownik']I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. This site is going the same way as those before it like FW and SD. I remember the days when people like RapaciousEbayer were ostracized on FW. Once the balance tipped in their favor most deals on FW became useless to anyone that valued their time. It got to the point where more and more people would start hoarding to make up for time/money wasted chasing B&M deals that didn't pan out. They'd justify it in their heads by saying "Rappy does it and gets away with it, so if I didn't do it someone else would". For every person that wanted to keep the old FW there were a hundred lurkers with $ in their eyes everytime they saw one the hoarding braggarts make a post.

Thanks to Kunai I don't even bother with B&M deals anymore. He bought out every single BB game $14.99 and under in the area. I can't even trust that BB will take my trades in anymore for games I've actually played because if there is any bit of profit to be made from it Kunai or one of his followers has exploited it. Eventually I know I'll give up on CAG completely and turn to Gamefly for good.

But it doesn't really matter what I think because it is already too late. The floodgates have been opened. Now enough people have realized the profit potential of BB that it is only going to get worse until BB does something about it and in the meantime and its going to get harder and harder to get in on the deals.

I guess I'll leave this thread with a few notes. A society of Kunais is doomed. You can see it in the mortgage/credit crisis we're going through right now. In the end there will be more losers than winners. A few people will make a quick buck for awhile but eventually the market will correct itself and someone will have to pay for the value that has been taken out. There is no such thing as a faceless company. And easy money is always short term. There is always someone willing to go further than you are to make a quick buck.

But I'm not judging anyone for the flipping. Especially when you take into consideration that there are people exhibiting the same behavior on a much larger scale that are having a much more dramatic impact on all of our lives. People do what they have to to sleep at night. I just try my best to make sure that what helps me sleep doesn't affect anyone's elses ability to do so.

This thread is of no use to me anymore and I've stopped posting any useful information I had it because I knew it would be abused. BB thread, it was nice knowing ya.[/QUOTE]

"I wouldn't wanna follow that guy." - Dr. John Zoidberg

but I do respect what your saying, but what do you want us to do? Its not like were committing any terrible crimes here, just games...

[quote name='confoosious']Where on the blockbuster site can I input a gift card to pay for my total access? All i see is credit card options.[/quote]

[quote name='DarkRider23']I swear, you leechers who are ruining this should wisen up. How god damn stupid can you get? Don't tell them you're going to go to another BB you morons.

I swear, there should be an off-limits forum dedicated to just the BB/GR thread that only IO and DjKunai can let you into... That would solve all these leeching problems.

Back on topic... I'll be trading a couple more EoJ's tomorrow. Should have started doing those before >_

I think i'm finally done, here is my booty:

11x Wii
Too Human
Dead Space
Gears of War 2 Limited Edition
Fable 2 Limited Edition
Mirrors Edge
Left 4 Dead
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
2x Soul Calibur 4
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition
2x Framed Posters
10x Haribo Cola Gummies
20+x Coke bottles
6x Halo 3 figures

And I still have 325 in GS credits. Thinking the total value is somewhere around 3700

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']I have returned a few things without stickers. As long as I had my receipt I didnt have a problem.

I dont see how they could deny you if you have the receipt. I dont know about the rest of you but the first thing I do when I buy games EVEN THAT IM KEEPING is take the stickers off. Most of the time I do it while Im in the car lol.[/quote]

They fed me some crap about not knowing that it came from Gamestop and that it could have come from anywhere. I dunno, but they can hassle you. YMMV.

[quote name='spauldingfan']I think i'm finally done, here is my booty:

11x Wii
Too Human
Dead Space
Gears of War 2 Limited Edition
Fable 2 Limited Edition
Mirrors Edge
Left 4 Dead
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
2x Soul Calibur 4
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition
2x Framed Posters
10x Haribo Cola Gummies
20+x Coke bottles
6x Halo 3 figures

And I still have 325 in GS credits. Thinking the total value is somewhere around 3700[/quote]

gtfo of cag you sd/fw asstard

This thread will die down and go back to its regular "below the radar" status once the perfect storm of BB and GS deals ends either this weekend or next. I don't think we need to do anything or worry that much about what's going on. I suspect nearly everyone will take a breather after this and the uber-flipping will come to an end. Sure, there will always be the occasional GS game with coupon that nets a couple of bucks at BB, but those flips will be mostly just for people with excess GS credit. The potential to move credit from BB to GS will go back to the usual 0%. Newbies coming in here will wonder what all the fuss is about and move on as before.

When this is all over I'm going to modify the OP and make a brand new thread. It will focus more on what games and gaming systems Blockbuster is getting in and when, when things can be preordered, with info about the occasional credit builder here and there. Ie, just like the old days ;). Except my focus will be more on the non-GR stores since that's all I have access to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back