The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='GoVols']What is the TIV at BBV for Fatal Inertia? Someone above said it held, but at what??? In return, I'm going ahead and posting the updated BBV TIV's:
XBOX 360
Fatal Inertia ??

[/quote]

$32.

Going to pick up my SC4 in a few minutes. I'm kinda dissapointed that they're not getting any of the Premium editions in. Even Gamecrazy got the Premium's in AND they got the faceplates that are going for $75+ on ebay. I'd be happy getting a faceplate & regular edition rather than those shitty picture frames that they always end up having tons left over of.

Rock Band Special Edition for PS2 dropped down to $99. I was thinking of getting it for the instruments. They should work fine for Rock Band 2 on PS3...i won't be missing any functionality, right? Looks like the cost is $72 plus tax if i traded back the game only.

PS2
RockBand $27

You can add :ps2:Castlevania: Curse of Darkness to the list.

$9.99 -> $5($7 after bonus)

I got a problem here. I found both Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. They get about $15 together after bonus. I actually want to play these games but i know that i wont be able to until after the promo is over. Im not a hardcore fan of either one of these games. I am eventually going to sign up for goozex and they get 400 and 250 respectivly. Should i sell them now or goozex them later after i play them? Any advice is appreciated.

harvest moon for psp has been traded a grand total of 2 times and is listed as 6 supply...no demand...so i doubt that's going to trade any time soon...your chances look good with Castlevania tho. SIGN UP FOR GOOZEX NOW! and use me as a referral please! User name: Cid Saijin

thanks!

Got my SC4, wasn't too hard considering I was the only person in the store other than the 3 employees they had come in late for "Crowd control". I was told that Blockbuster will be getting the LE versions in the next week or so. I'm leaving my copy sealed so I can return it when they get the LE's in.

I also snagged a Metal Slug Anthology for PS2. Looks like an easy 500 pts to me.

If there's anything I've learned over the past couple days it's to grab games you want while they're hot at BB- missed out on a KOTOR 2 and Metal Slug Anthology PS2 cause I left them on the shelf.

Thanks for reminding me to cancel my GS preorder for SCIV. Completely forgot to cancel it today.

And let me tell you guys... I really want to start flipping, but I leave in 3 days>_

[quote name='Bezerker']
I also snagged a Metal Slug Anthology for PS2. Looks like an easy 500 pts to me.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that the other day >_< I hope its still there, maybe I'll drop by after work.

[quote name='Bezerker']
I also snagged a Metal Slug Anthology for PS2. Looks like an easy 500 pts to me.[/QUOTE]

I saw one of those too. It was at a store where I found a Manhunt for PSP (first one in a long time) so I needed another $14.99 game. I picked out Mario Superstar Baseball thinking it might be good (I didn't have it on the list even though it has been in the GS thread for a while). It wasn't in the greatest condition so I passed and got that Afterburner PSP game instead. After getting home I see that the base trade-in is $3 less for Afterburner - d'oh! I also think this store had a Mario Power Tennis (disc only). For a $12 base I'd risk that so maybe I'll head back there and get both of those later.

Funny thing - at this store they asked me if I was the guy who came in and bought a big stack of games recently. Now, I went to this store before the B1G1 started and bought several things back when we were happy with just over 1:1 trade-in at Gamestop using the $10 promo. But it must have been someone else that came in since then. Anyway, he said they were joking that the guy probably took them to Gamestop and got like $15 for them. :rofl:. If he only knew...

Also, I had my first experience with a Gamestop dude exclaiming my card balance for everyone to hear and making a big deal about how it was the second highest total he had ever seen. He was pretty good-natured about it but I just thought it was funny because as usual, this was a fairly new card. My total balance after adding the trades there: $127.40... If only he knew how much I had in total :lol:

I made a few mistakes and found a few new goodies. I had my daughter on the phone looking up Gamestop used prices while I was in a few stores. She was being somewhat helpful then my wife made her stop to eat dinner :cry:. Spoilsport... As a result I screwed up on Ratatouille. I had that scribbled down as a good one from this thread but now I realize it was PSP.

Anyway (BB price before B1G1 -> GS trade-in with Edge + max bonus promo):

:ps2:
Destroy All Humans 2 $9.99 -> $8.40 (like most $8.40 games this sells used for $17.99)
MLB Power Pros $9.99 -> $7 (somewhat disappointing since this is also a $17.99 used game)
Ratatouille $9.99 -> $5.60 (oh well, still made 60 cents on it though ;))
Spiderman Friend or Foe $9.99 -> $8.40 (ah, an oldie, but this time on PS2!)
SpongeBob Atlantis SquarePantis $9.99 -> $8.40

And my daughter was golden on this one as she told me the web site said $24.99 used:
Power Rangers Super Legends $9.99 -> $12.60!
without her help I would have passed thinking it would trade for $1 or something (though I had a suspicion it might be good as, like Iridium Runners, it was pretty new)

:gc:
Bratz Forever Diamonds $6.99 -> $7
Flushed Away $6.99 -> $2 base (didn't trade - would get $3.50 I guess)

So I bought Flushed Away thinking if it didn't trade well I could keep it for the kids since they like the movie. The problem is, with this huge collection of games I've acquired I had no idea whether or not I already had this game!. And now that I'm home, I'm still not sure. I guess I'm going to have to get one of those game catalog programs and print a list of everything I have should this promo happen again...

So, all told tonight I hit up 4 Blockbusters and 3 Gamestops, and turned $81.90 of BB credit into $147.00 of Gamestop credit plus Flushed Away to keep. Then, after my last GS stop I hit up one final BB and now have all of the following to trade later this week: Manhunt 2 PSP, Afterburner Black Falcon PSP (may just keep this), LSW II GC, Cars Mater National, Iridium Runners, and Golden Compass (all for $29.97). Those leftovers should net another $48 (if I keep ABF) giving me a total transfer of $112 -> $196 or so - a solid 1.75 ratio (with 2 free games to keep as well), not bad. I passed up several other Iridium Runners which was painful to do, but the B1G1 selection is getting pretty sparse at most stores and I don't want to spend too much time looking for 3 other games to go with the Iridium/Golden Compass pairing (though Manhunt 2 for the PS2 is readily available most places too - I'm just tired of GS clerks asking me how it was).

traded in blacksite and History channel both ps3. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the BB tiv dropped to $30 for blacksite and $26 for history channel, or maybe the other way around. All I remember is that I got $56 for both games. and 30 for one and 26 for the other.

Still not a bad haul, found 2 of each SoF, THPG, manhunt 2 ps2 and cars mater national. Need to get a few more games so I can have 2 sets of 5 games and some >$4 tiv at GS for the $15 coupon card I got. Still got some BB credit as well.

also, anyone trade in THPG for PS2, haven't seen any recent posts of it. I picked one up today along with my other BB games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rdogg1026']Anyone have confirmation that it ends 8/4? I work at Blockbuster and we got an email saying tomorrow was the last day. [/quote]

What the ???

NOoooooooooooooooooo! I was just about to check out the deals today!:bomb:

I too picked up Metal Slug Anthology but for the wii today at 16.99. Suprised to see it in my store. I hope the wii version doesn't ruin the gameplay. I can see this becoming hard to find soon, a GS search nearby came up bare.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']
also, anyone trade in THPG for PS2, haven't seen any recent posts of it. I picked one up today along with my other BB games.[/QUOTE]

It's in the second post - $8.40 with bonus. It is one of the better $9.99 PS2 games to get (like a host of others it is a $17.99 used game at GS that trades for a base of $6).

[quote name='io']It's in the second post - $8.40 with bonus. It is one of the better $9.99 PS2 games to get (like a host of others it is a $17.99 used game at GS that trades for a base of $6).[/QUOTE]

Nice, glad I grabbed one. In the op last time I checked it said (17.99 used but probably $7 or $8), took your advice and it payed off. I am more than happy with getting very low profits, if I can slowly built up credit instead of in giant chunks and looking suspicious, thats ok by me. During the $10 bonus, several times at GS I was asked where I got all these games from. Only got questioned once with this new promo, but thats because I like going to a particular GS, also where all my preorders are, INCLUDING MLB power pros 08, tomorrow!!!! Finally a game that I bought with GS credit that I want to play...Horrayyyy....!

edit: just checked my GS order, Barely got my fatal inertia order in on time, oos atm, and the blacksite I ordered is backordered(currenly canceling that item). Oh by the way fatal inertia already shipped.

[quote name='io']

And my daughter was golden on this one as she told me the web site said $24.99 used:
Power Rangers Super Legends $9.99 -> $12.60!
without her help I would have passed thinking it would trade for $1 or something (though I had a suspicion it might be good as, like Iridium Runners, it was pretty new)
.[/quote]

Great, just when I thought I was done, now i HAVE to find at least one copy of Power Rangers Super Legends(thanks to the little Princess of IO)
Along with 4 other flippables.

I've been asked how I liked Manhunt 2 also, but that would be one of the games I never even tried. They must have thought i really liked it since I traded in a PSP and a PS2 version together.

Been way quiet this week but can already hear the whispers....what will the coupon be this week at Gamestop?

IO, always look foward to reading of your adventures in flipping. Then again, I picture you dressed as Obi Wan when going in and out of Blockbusters to make trades, so that makes it even funnier.

[quote name='stone1061']Great, just when I thought I was done, now i HAVE to find at least one copy of Power Rangers Super Legends(thanks to the little Princess of IO)
Along with 4 other flippables.

I've been asked how I liked Manhunt 2 also, but that would be one of the games I never even tried. They must have thought i really liked it since I traded in a PSP and a PS2 version together.[/quote]

Yeah, I have done the same thing (both copies) but only once. Mostly it has just been the PS2 version. My standard answer now is that I didn't play it, my brother-in-law gave it to me to trade for him. Add that to the (at least semi-true) standard answer that no, I would not like to purchase anything today as I'm saving all that credit for a PS3 ;).

Don't get too excited over that Power Rangers game as I have never seen it anywhere but that one store. On the other hand, it looked brand new so chances are it was a converted rental like Iridium Runners. So perhaps this store got a jump on the conversions and lots more will have them (but FWIW, I didn't see any others at the 3 other stores - I should have checked to see if they had it for rent still at the other stores #-o).

[quote name='stone1061']IO, always look foward to reading of your adventures in flipping. Then again, I picture you dressed as Obi Wan when going in and out of Blockbusters to make trades, so that makes it even funnier.[/QUOTE]

If only I had Obi-Wan's mind trick powers: "You WILL accept 5 copies of this $15 promo coupon and happily process each pair in a separate transaction. You will NOT ask me if I want to preorder anything. Move along...".

Or in terms of Blockbuster (since that's where you picture me): "You WILL ring up the games in pairs as I have given them to you and hit total between each pair." (I had massive trouble with this for the first time tonight - multiple clerks had to redo everything after I explained to them that, no, I should not just be getting 2 $4.99 games for free when I also bought 2 $9.99 games...)

On a serious note, I realized today that I am getting sick of the Blockbuster store smell. You know the one? They mostly all smell that way, anyway. I used to like it but it actually struck me tonight that I'm getting sick of it. Gamestop's always smell like different things so I guess that hasn't gotten to me yet ;).

-----------------------

In other notes, someone said Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2 was $9.99 or something? Well, I found a copy tagged $19.99 and had it price checked - it came up $16.99, so that one's out. It's too bad because it would trade for $12.60 most likely (it is also $24.99 used like the Power Rangers game). Of course, Power Rangers kicks ass because it is only $9.99 at BB...

Also, I just noticed I got $9.80 for Beautiful Katamari, which means it's base trade-in value went UP to $7! That was the only 360 game I bought today and I think I passed on another - though I still have one more left over here from earlier. I may just dump that with my last set now.

I popped in Sof payback tonight, wow... I have to say it was fantastic, played it with my gf's little brother. But fantastic in a way that makes a 6 year old laugh.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Anyone have confirmation that it ends 8/4? I work at Blockbuster and we got an email saying tomorrow was the last day. Also, try to make friends with employees. They can use their 20% off discount for you. There are alot of $16.99 games for the Wii, and 360 and when employees scan them it goes down to $13.79 which enables the B1G1 deal. I just bought a bunch of Wii, and 360 games using this. I wasn't sure if the discount would count for it but it worked.[/quote]

Yes, I can confirm it ends 8/4. And nice heads up on the employee discount. Didn't even think about the fact that the games might ring up 2 for 1 that way. Guess I might grab a couple Wii games for myself then.

In other news, got word that Nintendo is very happy with BBV's new focus and implementation on games and will be sending BBV more product. Shipments for big products (currently Wii systems and Wii Fit, but more will come) will be nearly quadrupled in the coming weeks. Thus, stores will be getting 1 to 2 systems per week as opposed to the 1 to 2 systems every 2 months that we were getting.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I popped in Sof payback tonight, wow... I have to say it was fantastic, played it with my gf's little brother. But fantastic in a way that makes a 6 year old laugh.[/quote]

I made it to the part where a bunch of guys run out from between two buildings before my brain began to melt (on the first level). The "macho" factor in this game off the charts. This coming from a gamer who's already played CoD4, Gears of War, and Resident Evil 4.

They may as well have called the game, Soldier of Fortune: Vanilla First Person Shooter Adrenaline Packed Payback. At least then, the acronym would read SoF:VFPSAPP, and that in and of itself would become the most interesting aspect of the game.

Yeah, to summarize, I didn't like it much.;)

[quote name='io']
If only I had Obi-Wan's mind trick powers: "You WILL accept 5 copies of this $15 promo coupon and happily process each pair in a separate transaction. You will NOT ask me if I want to preorder anything. Move along...".

Or in terms of Blockbuster (since that's where you picture me): "You WILL ring up the games in pairs as I have given them to you and hit total between each pair." (I had massive trouble with this for the first time tonight - multiple clerks had to redo everything after I explained to them that, no, I should not just be getting 2 $4.99 games for free when I also bought 2 $9.99 games...)

On a serious note, I realized today that I am getting sick of the Blockbuster store smell. You know the one? They mostly all smell that way, anyway. I used to like it but it actually struck me tonight that I'm getting sick of it. Gamestop's always smell like different things so I guess that hasn't gotten to me yet ;).
[/quote]

Is it the same smell in every state? I think I might know exactly what you're talking about Io. Unfortunately, I think I do.

I had the same shit happen to me at the BB I stopped at today. It took almost 10 minutes to fix. :drool:

Fortunately, I picked up a boatload of games (2x Manhunt 2, 2x Iridium Runners, 2x Golden Compass, Harvest Moon Magical Melody (GC), and some other $9.99 game).

Looks like a couple of people are looking into Goozex flipping. To finish off my collection of gamecube games I've started to look into goozex for those rare games that can't be found at my local Gamestops. Had a pretty nice haul today if I do say so myself...

Also a new TIV:
Naruto II: Clash (GCN)
4+B = 5.6

Also had the problem today where I really really told the Cashier to total it up after each pair to save me time and her grief, cashier told me it'll work out correctly at the end... riiiight.

[quote name='io']Or in terms of Blockbuster (since that's where you picture me): "You WILL ring up the games in pairs as I have given them to you and hit total between each pair." (I had massive trouble with this for the first time tonight - multiple clerks had to redo everything after I explained to them that, no, I should not just be getting 2 $4.99 games for free when I also bought 2 $9.99 games...)[/quote]

[quote name='edavis0780']I had the same shit happen to me at the BB I stopped at today. It took almost 10 minutes to fix. :drool:[/quote]

The ringing up thing has made me realize that there is a glaring flaw in Blockbuster's POS system (Point of Sale, not Piece of Sh*t) because there seems to be no way to void transactions other than crediting them. That wouldn't be bad except for the fact that the system automatically adds in tax, so if they credit the total amount you end up with a negative balance then they have to ring up stuff until you get CLOSE to 0. I had this situation happen to me twice, but after the second time when it took AN HOUR I now tell them right up front "I'm gonna give you these two at a time so they come off correctly."

On a side note, did a lot of flipping yesterday and when I trade in the games I have right now I'll end up with a copy of GRID for 360, Medieval Resurrection for PSP, and ~$91 profit. Since I still have $300 at Blockbuster now I'll probably hit up some more for games and I know I saw a copy of Power Rangers somewhere yesterday.

Corporate sent us an email yesterday telling us that we are doing very well on sales for Nintendo DS Lites, and Wii systems and Nintendo likes the way BBV is implementing and focusing on their products. So they will be sending their stores 2-4 consoles a week rather than 4 consoles every 2 months as it seems they were doing.

Welp, I thought I was out but I keep getting pulled back in. I'm down to $40 credit at Gamestop but still have$500+ at Blockbuster (and i've got another $400-$500 worth of flips coming in the mail). I've been avoiding the 30% bonus deal, but it looks like there are some really good deals in there (my store has a few Manhunt 2 PSP's, which the OP says is $15 -> $14). I'm gonna hit up around 7 Blockbusters tonight and probably 3 or 4 GS's. I will post TIV's after I get home (probably after 9pm).

[quote name='Warner1281']
In other news, got word that Nintendo is very happy with BBV's new focus and implementation on games and will be sending BBV more product. Shipments for big products (currently Wii systems and Wii Fit, but more will come) will be nearly quadrupled in the coming weeks. Thus, stores will be getting 1 to 2 systems per week as opposed to the 1 to 2 systems every 2 months that we were getting.[/quote]

[quote name='rdogg1026']Corporate sent us an email yesterday telling us that we are doing very well on sales for Nintendo DS Lites, and Wii systems and Nintendo likes the way BBV is implementing and focusing on their products. So they will be sending their stores 2-4 consoles a week rather than 4 consoles every 2 months as it seems they were doing.[/quote]

Deja Vu? Ah well, hopefully double confirmation just solidifies the news.

*EDIT*
Not great, but here's a flip that'll net you a few bucks.

Paper Mario (GC) - $14.99 -> $9.80

[quote name='Warner1281']
In other news, got word that Nintendo is very happy with BBV's new focus and implementation on games and will be sending BBV more product. Shipments for big products (currently Wii systems and Wii Fit, but more will come) will be nearly quadrupled in the coming weeks. Thus, stores will be getting 1 to 2 systems per week as opposed to the 1 to 2 systems every 2 months that we were getting.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rdogg1026']Corporate sent us an email yesterday telling us that we are doing very well on sales for Nintendo DS Lites, and Wii systems and Nintendo likes the way BBV is implementing and focusing on their products. So they will be sending their stores 2-4 consoles a week rather than 4 consoles every 2 months as it seems they were doing.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I guess we know the text of said email pretty well now ;). But hey, confirmation is always good.

Seriously, this is nice to see. Maybe if there is some new holiday DS bundle my little BBV store will get it this time. Also, I can probably count on getting Animal Crossing from there, even though they didn't get it into the system right after E3 like Gamestop did (and in fact it wasn't there last time I checked a few days ago).

Edit - d'oh! Damn you Bezerker ;)

I will be hitting up my BBV and GS route probably in a little bit so will have more information to post later. Spreadsheet updated.

Oh Io you missed some updated BBV trade in values that were posted. Maybe they were in another thread.

Wii
Dancing with the Stars $30.00
28/07/21
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkachi 3 $26.00
28/07/21

PS3
Blacksite Area 51 $30.00
28/07/29
Eye of Judgment $33.00
28/07/30
Folklore $23.00
28/07/31
History Channel: BftP $26.00
28/07/32
Pro Evo Soccer 08 $30.00
26/07/35
Skate $23.00
28/07/36
Time Crisis 4 $26.00
28/07/37
Warhawk $23.00
28/07/38

These are the games that have a better than 1:1 ratio from GS to BBV. Checked the used prices online and did a 10%+Edge coupon applied.

[quote name='ets']Looks like a couple of people are looking into Goozex flipping. To finish off my collection of gamecube games I've started to look into goozex for those rare games that can't be found at my local Gamestops. Had a pretty nice haul today if I do say so myself...

Also a new TIV:
4+B = 5.6

Also had the problem today where I really really told the Cashier to total it up after each pair to save me time and her grief, cashier told me it'll work out correctly at the end... riiiight.[/quote]

Hey, not a bad score. Thinking of trading some of those PSP titles???;)

[quote name='MrFriday18']my BBV said the B1G1 is over and had all the signs down too?????WTF[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just went to one of my local Gamerush stores this afternoon and they told me the B1G1 sale just ended.

got the last copy of MX ATV for PS3 for $7.00 after 10% discount + 85% off at Target. ...flipped to BB for $30 in credit. They also told me last night that the b1g1 ended today.

I am completely tapped out of BBGR credit for the first time in a year. I popped my cherry back on the enchanted arms BBuy -> BBGR flip. We need a good GStop coupon this weekend so I can start moving credit back to BBGR :D

Went to one store earlier and got b1g1 went to a second and was told it was over yesterday. This was a manager too, said they got the message this morning. Going to a third bbv now

I did good. Went to Bestbuy and picked up the following games....

Fatal Inertia $9.99/$32
BladeStorm $9.99/$36 (called 2 places to make sure)

They only had one copy of each and it was a managers clearance (nothing else interesting). Instead of trading Bladestorm into Blockbuster, I put it up for sale last night and it sold this morning! Getting $48 after fees. Game is rare.

Kinda weird about the conflicting reports regarding B1G1 being over today. Maybe its still valid in the POS but they're instructing the stores that its over?..... Or maybe the stores saying it ended read older messages but not a more recent one that stated it had extended.

Anybody picked up Soul Calibur IV today yet? Pre-ordered at my local store and just hoping they got it in today. Guess I'll call later.

[quote name='ets']Looks like a couple of people are looking into Goozex flipping. To finish off my collection of gamecube games I've started to look into goozex for those rare games that can't be found at my local Gamestops. Had a pretty nice haul today if I do say so myself...

Also a new TIV:
4+B = 5.6

Also had the problem today where I really really told the Cashier to total it up after each pair to save me time and her grief, cashier told me it'll work out correctly at the end... riiiight.[/QUOTE]

Nice finds, GR? Cant find that good of a stash at BBV, which all my local stores are, I wish we had a GR...

Blockbusterfeedback.com

Go there and fill out survey. In the comments section let them know that you want more game sales.
I put that the used games should be on sale ALL the time, like the used movies. Why can't the $14.99 and under games be included in the 3 for 20 promo on movies? Or the $9.99 and under games be with the cheaper movie promo of 4 for $20.

I went to 1 BB and 1 GR today and at both they said B1G1 was over, yet when they rang up the games I got the B1G1 discount upon totalling. Found a complete Conan! I've been playing a disc only I had picked up for flipping and I thought I'd give it a try first. I love that game! It has it's flaws and Conan using magic is blasphemy, but it's a lot of fun. Most surprising game in a while as I didn't expect much. I see it compared to GoW alot so maybe I wouldn't like it as much if I had actually played GoW first.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Most surprising game in a while as I didn't expect much. I see it compared to GoW alot so maybe I wouldn't like it as much if I had actually played GoW first.[/quote]

Probably not. I've played and beaten both. Conan is crap compared to GoW and you can easily see how Conan rips off GoW so much. The only thing it has that GoW doesn't have is the main character, Conan. And Kratos is still more badass.

But for $10, it's worth it anyway. I did enjoy Conan some.

The stores that are saying the sale is over are stores that don't read their communications updates. Regardless of whether they say it's over or not, the computers will still ring up the B1G1, so just smile and pay with your gift card without having to say "told you so."

Well, at least Fatal Inertia is a viable GS->BB credit device, with a tiny bit of profit. That's all I want, really.

Hit up a local BB today... it's not a GR, so I didn't expect much. Managed to pick up a disc-only version of Metroid Prime which I meant to finish before, but forgot that it was in my Goozex queue so I just went ahead and sent it off. Figure I'll send this one off too, since it's not complete. Also got a copy of Yakuza, which I've been meaning to play. It's mint, sans PS2 case, so I might hang onto it. But then again... 400 Goozex points... >.>

Both were $6.99. Yakuza is good Goozex material, if you can find it.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Fatal Inertia Xbox 360 TIV at BB dropped to $28.50.

Octomania still 23.[/quote]

???

Yesterday the TIV for Fatal Inertia was $32. So we have price drops on Sunday and Tuesday now?

I got to my local BB today and they said the promotyion was over so i went to another abotu 30 minutes away, I picked up about 10 games, The Manager there said that the BBV's saying the promotion is over are just managers that are to lazy to read their E-Mails.

[quote name='Link927']Nice finds, GR? Cant find that good of a stash at BBV, which all my local stores are, I wish we had a GR...[/quote]

Nope, their from BBV. I've never seen a GameRush so its just a myth until I do :lol: My best pick ups so far are Poco Loco and Metal Gear Solid Portable OPs. However everything I grabbed yesturday probbly would be keepers if I owned the systems they belonged to.

[quote name='yukafls']Hey, not a bad score. Thinking of trading some of those PSP titles???;)[/quote]

I plan on trading all of them. I only own a GameCube, so everything else is up for grabs.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4644367&postcount=63Trade

PSP
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
After Burner Black Falcon
Star Trek Tactical Assault
Medievil Ressurection
Killzone Liberation
Gangs of London
(Lemmings, Dungeon Siege, LocoRoco are already packaged for Goozex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back