The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='stoned99']Video games for instance were clearly voodoo science and must be as valuable as gold :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I'll fully attest to that. The local Goodwill has exactly one employee that knows what he's doing in electronics. I picked up Just Cause, Pimp My Ride, and THPG for $5 each thanks to him, yet there's at least a dozen copies of Meet The Robinsons 360 marked at $24.99 and about 40 or so World Series Of Poker PS2 marked at $19.99.

I did pick up my GHIII bundle ($40), Wii Play ($20), Wii CC ($10), and Brain Age DS ($5) there though. It's all hit or miss.

[quote name='JJSP']I'll fully attest to that. The local Goodwill has exactly one employee that knows what he's doing in electronics. I picked up Just Cause, Pimp My Ride, and THPG for $5 each thanks to him, yet there's at least a dozen copies of Meet The Robinsons 360 marked at $24.99 and about 40 or so World Series Of Poker PS2 marked at $19.99.

I did pick up my GHIII bundle ($40), Wii Play ($20), Wii CC ($10), and Brain Age DS ($5) there though. It's all hit or miss.[/quote]

did GH3 and Wii Play both come with accessories respectively? What a bargain if so!

[quote name='pogipinoy27']did GH3 and Wii Play both come with accessories respectively? What a bargain if so![/QUOTE]
Indeed they did. GHIII had no box, but had the wireless Les Paul and the game. Wii Play had the outer cardboard box (bar code removed), but the game was complete and the remote still had the batteries. :)

Back on topic, has anyone seen the 360 HD player at their BB/GR at the magical $50 price?

I think Target must sip the clearance to the target distrobution center then the games go to the closest GW's. We never have new stuff unless it is Sega Genesis(Tons of Sports). I Saw A Panasonic FZ-1 at good will once for $2, I thought it was a CD player untill i saw on e on the internet a few days later, i went to pick it up but it was gone.

Just back from Blockbuster to actually rent a movie! (Justice League: New Frontier).
The Shrek, Harry Potter, Bee Movie stuff was marked down to 75% off.
Got a Spongebob etch a sketch for 3.99
High School Musical Magic 8 ball was 2.24 I shook it and asked it if I would ever watch the movie, it said 'not likely'

The GOOD clearance was Belkin Ipod accessories.
All half off. They had the car charger, cassette adapter for car, FM transmitter, audio line wire to hook into stereo.

Waiting for all those prints to go on clearance, my daughter MUST have the Hannah Montana one.

MY BB has never had the HD-DVD Drive in, They can't even sell the PS3 they have had since November...but then nobody wants to buy a PS3 for 700, They act like its a good deal because you get 5 free Blu-Rays with it, and several rentals. I told the guy that I woudl still ge tteh blu rays if i bought one at walmart for 4.99, he was like you'r missing out on free rentals....lol.

FYI, some trade-in values as of today:

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (PS3) : $20
Sega Rally Revo (PS3) : $33

Normally, not good flippers at all but I got really lucky today. Here's my long, boring story of how. I was near my local Best Buy, so I dropped in and was pleasantly surprised to find a 50% off bin. Both titles I mentioned above had a hand-written price on them already from an earlier clearance bin, but I asked the guy "is it 50% off, even on these hand-written ones?" to which he answered yes. So, I picked up 2 copies of each, Sega Rally Revo for $15 each and Pirates for $7.50 each..... a damn steal. Lots of confusion ensued at checkout, but they finished it alright. I ended up turning like $48 into $106 BB credit.... which is nice since there's no good flippers this week.

Anyone notice if Blockbuster/GR has MLB 08 the show already? People are reporting many stores are getting them in already. I'm curious if they have it....which would be great. Even if they don't sell it early, it would be nice to get it there rather than Best Buy on 3/4.

Stopped by BB earlier for some movies and they have GR boards on the wall with TIV's and upcoming releases etc. Finally remembered to snap a pic of it. Mostly just new releases though but it'll add to the wiki

Trade in list

$36 Dynasty Warriors 6
$36 Devil May Cry 4
$35 The Club
$35 Lost Odyssey
$30 Mx vs ATV Untamed
$30 Jumper

$19 Spiderwick - PS2
$12.5 Pursuit Force 2 - PSP
$10 Assassin's Creed - NDS
$6 Iridium Runners - PS2

Are any of the titles listed in the cc clearance thread worth anything at BB? Most titles look to be in the 16-17 range so if the game isnt trading for more than 30, it might not be worth it. THanks

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone notice if Blockbuster/GR has MLB 08 the show already? People are reporting many stores are getting them in already. I'm curious if they have it....which would be great. Even if they don't sell it early, it would be nice to get it there rather than Best Buy on 3/4.[/quote]

Every blockbuster that i have called or been to says mlb 08 the show comes out 3/7

[quote name='stone1061']Just back from Blockbuster to actually rent a movie! (Justice League: New Frontier).
[/quote]

What? They rent movies? Wow, I thought they were just our personal game flipping hubs ;)

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone notice if Blockbuster/GR has MLB 08 the show already? People are reporting many stores are getting them in already. I'm curious if they have it....which would be great. Even if they don't sell it early, it would be nice to get it there rather than Best Buy on 3/4.[/quote]

I'll have to check my store for it. Is 07' The Show still getting $22 in trade? I need to see about unloading that and NCAA Football before they drop any further.

Thanks for the MLB update....I was going to check today, but not sure if I will bother. Do I use my GameRush credit on it or my Best Buy Gift Card/RZ which is more than enough to cover it....hmmm, maybe if BB has a coupon next week.

I wonder what the TIV is for Excite Trucks and Trauma Unit: Second Opinion are for the Wii. I saw those dropped to $16.98 at CC. If I'm able to make it into my GR I'll ask.

[quote name='Chitown021']I wonder what the TIV is for Excite Trucks and Trauma Unit: Second Opinion are for the Wii. I saw those dropped to $16.98 at CC. If I'm able to make it into my GR I'll ask.[/QUOTE]

$23 each. Not profitable. T_T

I went to blockbuster & bought one of the "flip" camera! :rofl:

Its actually pretty cool to use for everyday use...It cost me $99+tax...Its for the 60 minute one...

Called in today for some more trade-in price quotes

The Outfit 360 $8
TH Downhill Jam Wii $23

T.H. is $17 at CC but I got it at a garage sale for $6

I got a bunch of Xbox 360 games that I planned on trading into EB. I never even though of going to GR/BB, but you guys convinced me. So I just got off the phone with them and got the following prices:

Crackdown - $10
Gears of War - $20
Guitar Hero 2 - $25 (I don't know if this is with the guitar or not)
Halo 3 - $25
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $15
Viva Pinata - $8

So I just got a PS3 and there are a couple of games I wouldn't mind having, but I wouldn't really get them unless I found them cheap. So I know a ton of you are "flipping" (finding games cheap elsewhere and trading them in pretty high) stuff. What are some good titles to flip now? How much are you buying them for, where, and what are they trading for?

[quote name='zombiedictator']I got a bunch of Xbox 360 games that I planned on trading into EB. I never even though of going to GR/BB, but you guys convinced me. So I just got off the phone with them and got the following prices:

Crackdown - $10
Gears of War - $20
Guitar Hero 2 - $25 (I don't know if this is with the guitar or not)
Halo 3 - $25
Rainbow Six: Vegas - $15
Viva Pinata - $8

So I just got a PS3 and there are a couple of games I wouldn't mind having, but I wouldn't really get them unless I found them cheap. So I know a ton of you are "flipping" (finding games cheap elsewhere and trading them in pretty high) stuff. What are some good titles to flip now? How much are you buying them for, where, and what are they trading for?[/quote]

The GHII is without the Guitar.

As of now, I don't think there are many good flipping titles.

[quote name='DarkRider23']The GHII is without the Guitar.

As of now, I don't think there are many good flipping titles.[/quote]

So I saw earlier in the thread someone mentioning them selling Amazon gift cards. Are they doing that? Amazon cash is worth a lot more to me than BB cash.

Also, are there any sort of deals like coupons for trading in or buying games? EB Games has deals all the time, like the 25% off any used 360 game that I missed. :( I mean, I want to get a PS3 title or 2, but not at $5 off sticker in questionable condition...

[quote name='zombiedictator']So I saw earlier in the thread someone mentioning them selling Amazon gift cards. Are they doing that? Amazon cash is worth a lot more to me than BB cash.

Also, are there any sort of deals like coupons for trading in or buying games? EB Games has deals all the time, like the 25% off any used 360 game that I missed. :( I mean, I want to get a PS3 title or 2, but not at $5 off sticker in questionable condition...[/QUOTE]

No Amazon GC yet

No deals anymore...they used to have them all the time in the past.

[quote name='DarkRider23']The GHII is without the Guitar.

As of now, I don't think there are many good flipping titles.[/quote]

Just got back from trying to trade it in. EB offered $12 without bonuses, so I thought more than 2x was pretty nice. The guy refused to take it since it didn't have a barcode because it was sans guitar. Oh well. :(

Oh, and their selection (Off of Jones Bridge Road and States Bridge Road in Alpharetta, GA) SUCKS.

Motorstorm - $30

Just hit up the Alemany GR, got the $5 bonus from the mod with tattoos. Picked up a HD-DVD add on as a back up and a 12 month Live card. Also picked up the Godfather Collection on DVD at another GR. Preordered 4 copies of Smash there as well.

I'm back, baby.

[quote name='djkunai']Motorstorm - $30

Just hit up the Alemany GR, got the $5 bonus from the mod with tattoos. Picked up a HD-DVD add on as a back up and a 12 month Live card. Also picked up the Godfather Collection on DVD at another GR. Preordered 4 copies of Smash there as well.

I'm back, baby.[/quote]

You should really add up all that store credit you have gotten in your trade-in tab. If only I could flip as well as you XD.

PGR4 is $20 at Radio Shack now. Trade-in price isn't in the wiki so...

I've had Amazon gift cards, along with mc and a few others, available for months. They are great, but make sure they activate it thru coinstar machine also. This is in VA Beach, VA.

I'm back, baby.[/quote]

Ah ye' ol Alemany..... hey did they have anymore hd dvd players, I figure I could use it for a paperweight after I watch Transformers in HD finally:D.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Ah ye' ol Alemany..... hey did they have anymore hd dvd players, I figure I could use it for a paperweight after I watch Transformers in HD finally:D.[/quote]

Didn't see any, but I didn't look very hard.

[quote name='Chitown021']$23 each for a total of $46 in credit (actually almost $50 with tax).[/QUOTE]

I'm in Ohio and I've never got tax added on to my trade-in. Your state must have different laws?

[quote name='clevelandmvp']I'm in Ohio and I've never got tax added on to my trade-in. Your state must have different laws?[/QUOTE]

yea each state is different. Im in KY right across from Cincinnati and we have had Ohio-peeps come in saying KY gives tax and OH doesn't. There are other weird laws too sometimes, like being 18 to trade in KY.

Will BB/GR take Guitar Hero II 360? It doesn't have a barcode (unless someone can find a scan for the retail version), and most of the stores around here are really picky about taking things without a barcode anymore.

[quote name='JJSP']Will BB/GR take Guitar Hero II 360? It doesn't have a barcode (unless someone can find a scan for the retail version), and most of the stores around here are really picky about taking things without a barcode anymore.[/quote]

Tried it at my store and it was a big 'no'.

The only luck you would have is if you bought the game only version, which would have a barcode, but since like, 2 people in the entire world bought that, it really is of no merit. :)

I'm back, baby.[/quote]

Why would you preorder 4 copies of smash? That games not gonna be rare.

[quote name='Dhuk']Why would you preorder 4 copies of smash? That games not gonna be rare.[/quote]

Maybe to convert credit to cash by reselling them?

I think these got reported already but anyway, from Target clearance,

Spider-Man Friend of Foe $18
Bee Movie $22

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back