The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='Sulik2']If you guys want to make up a list of the most common requested trade in values you want to know, I will look up a bunch at work sometime and post them here. I'm not doing every 360 game in system, but like 10-15 games a week I will do. And before you request them, nearly every Xbox game is $1.25 or $1.50 trade in credit now.[/quote]

Thanks, that would help a bunch. Dont have any request at the moment, but a list of 10 to 15 games would be very helpful

[quote name='Sulik2']If you guys want to make up a list of the most common requested trade in values you want to know, I will look up a bunch at work sometime and post them here. I'm not doing every 360 game in system, but like 10-15 games a week I will do. And before you request them, nearly every Xbox game is $1.25 or $1.50 trade in credit now.[/QUOTE]

That would be a tremendous help to the CAG community. I would be really appreciative if you were to help like that.

Also, Jaws unleashed (xbox) trades in at $12. It was a pretty good filp before tuesday considering it traded at $16.
Genji (PS3) also dropped to $22.

[quote name='edostar44']does anybody know the TIV for Driver Parallel Lines for the Wii. It did not come up when I used the search function[/quote]

360: marvel (nongold) 6 i think

[quote name='h2dk']anyone know what Conan for the 360 is getting? It is $9.90 (plus $2.59 shipping) at go gamer right now[/quote]

Beat me to it. It wasn't released that long ago so I'm hoping for something between 25 and 35.

[quote name='calum93']Anyone got a recent TIV for Rainbow Six Vegas CE?[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, it was like $35 a couple weeks ago. I went ahead and ditched mine (bought it on black friday for $20 from Amazon), even though I'd never played it and went ahead and bought the sequel.

[quote name='creeeaature']Conan gets $22[/quote]

Hardly matters seeing as they are sold out, I wonder if a price match oppurtunity exists, even though I doubt it as their website actually shows out of stock.

Interesting story to report:

I was fortunate enough to get a wii yesterday in a new shipment. Went in to the Corona store and used up some of my credit. While there, I put down $5 on the upcoming mariokart which I am getting for a friend. So as the clerk is assisting me with the 5 giftcards which have various amounts on them to pay for the wii, the door scanner starts beeping, and a customer coming into the store says "I think that guy just stole a bunch of dvds." Since the store is undermanned, as in 2 employees, they didnt even chase the guy. A few other customes comment that it was a shady looking guy in a blue sweater looking around nervously just before he ran out the door, in the process almost mowing over the customer coming in the door who said he had stole something. I was in shock that someone would blatantly run out the store with merchandise and even more so that no one even chased the guy to get his plate or car id or anything. And even funnier is that as I was coming parking there was security in a cart driving around the parking lot in a golf cart. I hope they caught the guy but I doubt it since it was about 5 minutes after anything that one of the employees even went outside in a lax attempt to do anything.

Got my wii, and plan to put it on craigslist for close to 275, seeing as how I constantly see people asking for 320 for brand new. The store didnt have SSBB which I was going to try to bundle with the wii to try to cash out more credit.

Now I have about $500 left but cant decide on PS3 system (40gb) or xbox360. Was leaning towards PS3 due to death of HD DVD but the lack of great games for either system has me sitting on the sidelines for now. Or maybe if BB stock is tanking, which will result in credit being worth nothing, in which case, spend on anything while it lasts.

I will check conan, Rainbow Six Vegas Collectors, and Fifa 2007 today, and just start in the As with 360 cause I am not seeing many requests. This is simple enough to do on break.

[quote name='Sulik2']I will check conan, Rainbow Six Vegas Collectors, and Fifa 2007 today, and just start in the As with 360 cause I am not seeing many requests. This is simple enough to do on break.[/quote]

can you please check on avatar: burning earth on 360. wondering if the $22 held for that. thanks.

[quote name='ghozt']can you please check on avatar: burning earth on 360. wondering if the $22 held for that. thanks.[/quote]

Avatar(360) is now at $19...posted it a few pages ago...

[quote name='Sulik2']If you guys want to make up a list of the most common requested trade in values you want to know, I will look up a bunch at work sometime and post them here. I'm not doing every 360 game in system, but like 10-15 games a week I will do. And before you request them, nearly every Xbox game is $1.25 or $1.50 trade in credit now.[/quote]

That's an awesome offer, thanks! I don't have any lists in particular, but I'd say maybe keeping an eye on the titles in the various "Clearance" threads (especially the Target one) would be ultimate! I think a lot of CAGers are often curious about decent flips (myself included).

Again... much appreciated!

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Avatar(360) is now at $19...posted it a few pages ago...[/quote]

ahh thanks. guess i missed it when i searched.

[quote name='nakanenui']Interesting story to report:

I was fortunate enough to get a wii yesterday in a new shipment. Went in to the Corona store and used up some of my credit. While there, I put down $5 on the upcoming mariokart which I am getting for a friend. So as the clerk is assisting me with the 5 giftcards which have various amounts on them to pay for the wii, the door scanner starts beeping, and a customer coming into the store says "I think that guy just stole a bunch of dvds." Since the store is undermanned, as in 2 employees, they didnt even chase the guy. A few other customes comment that it was a shady looking guy in a blue sweater looking around nervously just before he ran out the door, in the process almost mowing over the customer coming in the door who said he had stole something. I was in shock that someone would blatantly run out the store with merchandise and even more so that no one even chased the guy to get his plate or car id or anything. And even funnier is that as I was coming parking there was security in a cart driving around the parking lot in a golf cart. I hope they caught the guy but I doubt it since it was about 5 minutes after anything that one of the employees even went outside in a lax attempt to do anything.

Got my wii, and plan to put it on craigslist for close to 275, seeing as how I constantly see people asking for 320 for brand new. The store didnt have SSBB which I was going to try to bundle with the wii to try to cash out more credit.

Now I have about $500 left but cant decide on PS3 system (40gb) or xbox360. Was leaning towards PS3 due to death of HD DVD but the lack of great games for either system has me sitting on the sidelines for now. Or maybe if BB stock is tanking, which will result in credit being worth nothing, in which case, spend on anything while it lasts.[/quote]

Posting stuff i maybe shouldnt

In other news...
For BB's that carry the random pieces of art that have been popping up everywhere, the word from corporate is that we'll be giving away some free framed art with the preorder of GTA IV (pick up the art and game at the same time). I haven't heard an official word yet, so don't come hunting me down if you don't get your art, but supposedly it's one of the smaller sized frames and has something to do with GTA IV. If I get official word I'll repost with all the official info.

[quote name='Warner1281']Posting stuff i maybe shouldnt[/QUOTE]

i hope someone important from BB doesnt see you posting this policy around the internet.

and i work for them too.

oh, and you know assault is illegal, no matter what they took?

you really shouldn't care that much. i mean what are you, an ASM, SM, SL?

Anybody traded-in or inquired about the TIV of a SIXAXIS controller? With the Dualshock 3 coming out this week, was contemplating an upgrade. I just called and the employee I spoke with claimed they aren't taking them in right now. That could very well be true, but wondering if anybody else had any other input. I may just keep my 2 controllers as 3rd and 4th controllers, but I can't think of anything I'd even want to play 4-player.

On a related note..... I saw a used, wired 360 controller marked at $39.99 at my store..... employee who did the trade must have taken it in as a wireless controller.

[quote name='ghozt']ahh thanks. guess i missed it when i searched.[/quote]

Thats funny, I traded a copy at GameCrazy last night, using an older receipt showing 22, when the girl called up GR they quoted her 29, but I choose to let her give me what the receipt said. So what must have really happended is she was quoted the new sale price.

What I find a little stupid, but I'm sure there are good legal reasons for doing it, is when GZ calls to verify a trade in value, they introduce themselves as GZ employees verifying a trade in value. IMHO that guarantee's that they will get fucked with and given invalid information.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']i hope someone important from BB doesnt see you posting this policy around the internet.

and i work for them too.

you really shouldn't care that much. i mean what are you, an ASM, SM, SL?[/quote]

I agree, going Rambo is a little short sighted. Become a Cop if you want to chase bad guys, but doing it for a crummy 10$ hr job just seems lame. (unless your girlfriend was looking :))

[quote name='stoned99']I agree, going Rambo is a little short sighted. Become a Cop if you want to chase bad guys, but doing it for a crummy 10$ hr job just seems lame. (unless your girlfriend was looking :))[/QUOTE]

and just so you know, unless hes an SM or highly paid ASM, he isn't even making $10.

[quote name='Warner1281']In other news...
For BB's that carry the random pieces of art that have been popping up everywhere, the word from corporate is that we'll be giving away some free framed art with the preorder of GTA IV (pick up the art and game at the same time). I haven't heard an official word yet, so don't come hunting me down if you don't get your art, but supposedly it's one of the smaller sized frames and has something to do with GTA IV. If I get official word I'll repost with all the official info.[/quote]

A couple of my Blockbusters started doing this recently. I walked in, looked at them, then thought to myself "Can we rent this too?"

I pre-ordered GTA IV a couple weeks before they put up the signs about the framed print. I assume I'll still get on though. So..... neat.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']and just so you know, unless hes an SM or highly paid ASM, he isn't even making $10.[/quote]

I make enough to make it worth my while.

Is there a current trade-in for Hour Of Victory (360)? Last reported value was $25 - wondering if that's still valid.

[quote name='nakanenui']...the door scanner starts beeping, and a customer coming into the store says "I think that guy just stole a bunch of dvds." Since the store is undermanned, as in 2 employees, they didn't even chase the guy. A few other customers comment that it was a shady looking guy in a blue sweater looking around nervously just before he ran out the door, in the process almost mowing over the customer coming in the door who said he had stole something. I was in shock that someone would blatantly run out the store with merchandise and even more so that no one even chased the guy to get his plate or car id or anything.[/QUOTE]

Well, I told a similar story about my GR store a year and a half ago or so. They used to have a really old guy working there who was completely clueless - couldn't deliver preorders, thought the enormous credit on my account was what I owed from not returning things, etc... Anyway, one day I went in there and the small sliding case with all the PS3 games was completely empty and it seemed the front of it was damaged a bit. I asked the manager and he said someone pried it open and stole all the PS3 games as the older guy was watching the front by himself. Note that the PS3 case was clearly visible from the front counter. By the time anyone realized what had happened they were out the door (with the alarm beeping of course). But once someone is outside and you only then realize what's happened it is hard to do anything about it. Also, at that point, they didn't really care too much since they had gotten the word their store was closing soon.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Avatar(360) is now at $19...posted it a few pages ago...[/QUOTE]

I missed your post too. D'oh - I held on to one more. Oh well, I guess I can return it as that $3 makes a difference. Did anyone give a new quote for Bee Movie?

.[/QUOTE]

Good luck 2 him opening the cases if they were used or rental... or even new if housed in a plastic security frame.:oops:

[quote name='nietzsche74']Good luck 2 him opening the cases if they were used or rental... or even new if housed in a plastic security frame.[/quote]

If it's anything like my GR the games were just sitting in the case with no security casing at all.

[quote name='jkanownik']Stop trading in multiple copies of the same game to the Ventura/Topanga store. If I get rejected trying to trade in a single copy of a game I actually played I will take action to make sure it doesn't happen again.[/quote]

I hope everyone reports smartass employees that make up there own rules .
I do everytime ..I get told they dont take coverless games? Call there district manager.
Nobody can pull a godfather and get someone fired but if an employee is an ass to everyone im sure they would get put on notice at some point as long as you guys DO REPORT IT.

Alot of the 'were just kids lets not care enough to report' additude is in this thread.

[quote name='creeeaature']Conan gets $22[/quote]

Hardly matters seeing as they are sold out, I wonder if a price match oppurtunity exists, even though I doubt it as their website actually shows out of stock.

Interesting story to report:

Now I have about $500 left but cant decide on PS3 system (40gb) or xbox360. Was leaning towards PS3 due to death of HD DVD but the lack of great games for either system has me sitting on the sidelines for now. Or maybe if BB stock is tanking, which will result in credit being worth nothing, in which case, spend on anything while it lasts.

I will check conan, Rainbow Six Vegas Collectors, and Fifa 2007 today, and just start in the As with 360 cause I am not seeing many requests. This is simple enough to do on break.

[quote name='Sulik2']I will check conan, Rainbow Six Vegas Collectors, and Fifa 2007 today, and just start in the As with 360 cause I am not seeing many requests. This is simple enough to do on break.[/quote]

can you please check on avatar: burning earth on 360. wondering if the $22 held for that. thanks.

[quote name='ghozt']can you please check on avatar: burning earth on 360. wondering if the $22 held for that. thanks.[/quote]

Avatar(360) is now at $19...posted it a few pages ago...

That's an awesome offer, thanks! I don't have any lists in particular, but I'd say maybe keeping an eye on the titles in the various "Clearance" threads (especially the Target one) would be ultimate! I think a lot of CAGers are often curious about decent flips (myself included).

Again... much appreciated!

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Avatar(360) is now at $19...posted it a few pages ago...[/quote]

ahh thanks. guess i missed it when i searched.

Now I have about $500 left but cant decide on PS3 system (40gb) or xbox360. Was leaning towards PS3 due to death of HD DVD but the lack of great games for either system has me sitting on the sidelines for now. Or maybe if BB stock is tanking, which will result in credit being worth nothing, in which case, spend on anything while it lasts.[/quote]

Posting stuff i maybe shouldnt

In other news...
For BB's that carry the random pieces of art that have been popping up everywhere, the word from corporate is that we'll be giving away some free framed art with the preorder of GTA IV (pick up the art and game at the same time). I haven't heard an official word yet, so don't come hunting me down if you don't get your art, but supposedly it's one of the smaller sized frames and has something to do with GTA IV. If I get official word I'll repost with all the official info.

[quote name='Warner1281']Posting stuff i maybe shouldnt[/QUOTE]

i hope someone important from BB doesnt see you posting this policy around the internet.

and i work for them too.

you really shouldn't care that much. i mean what are you, an ASM, SM, SL?

Anybody traded-in or inquired about the TIV of a SIXAXIS controller? With the Dualshock 3 coming out this week, was contemplating an upgrade. I just called and the employee I spoke with claimed they aren't taking them in right now. That could very well be true, but wondering if anybody else had any other input. I may just keep my 2 controllers as 3rd and 4th controllers, but I can't think of anything I'd even want to play 4-player.

On a related note..... I saw a used, wired 360 controller marked at $39.99 at my store..... employee who did the trade must have taken it in as a wireless controller.

[quote name='ghozt']ahh thanks. guess i missed it when i searched.[/quote]

Thats funny, I traded a copy at GameCrazy last night, using an older receipt showing 22, when the girl called up GR they quoted her 29, but I choose to let her give me what the receipt said. So what must have really happended is she was quoted the new sale price.

What I find a little stupid, but I'm sure there are good legal reasons for doing it, is when GZ calls to verify a trade in value, they introduce themselves as GZ employees verifying a trade in value. IMHO that guarantee's that they will get fucked with and given invalid information.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']i hope someone important from BB doesnt see you posting this policy around the internet.

and i work for them too.

you really shouldn't care that much. i mean what are you, an ASM, SM, SL?[/quote]

I agree, going Rambo is a little short sighted. Become a Cop if you want to chase bad guys, but doing it for a crummy 10$ hr job just seems lame. (unless your girlfriend was looking :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back