The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='shnizzle66']Are all BBs releasing it Thursday? Thats a load of BS if they are...And is there any possibility tha if mine has them in stock waiting for Tuesday I could maybe get them to break street date?[/quote]

Well the girl I spoke too said something to the effect of "they didn't anticipate how many would want it, and didn't order enough, so they had to order more, hence the delay."

I would guess that if your store has it in hand on Tuesday you will get it. But, it seems like for a game as big as GTAIV they would be a little better prepared.

^ If thats the case then i anticipate alot of crumpled magazines and glitter littering the floors of Blockbusters nation wide this upcoming week.

has anyone been able to preorder Wii Fit at any BBGR store? If so, is there an item number or something that I could give my store to help them find it?

thanks.

My local Blockbuster ONLY, said they are selling GTA IV on Tuesday at 12:01 am Hence a Midnight opening, In fact the girl said they already have GTA IV and Mario Kart WII (She said they are selling Mario Kart at Midnight Tonight)

Mario Kart is being sold tonight at midnight talk to the manager earlier today and she had them behind the counter in boxes. Showed me a copy but wouldn't sell it yet.

As for GTA she also said they will sell them on Tuesday morning since they aren't doing the midnight thing.

[quote name='grecianfox']The World Ends With You was available for sale and rent at my local store. They had at least one for sale(which I purchased).[/QUOTE]

Going to see if my BB has it when I pick up Mario Kart tonite.

[quote name='io']Wait, is this a Gamerush store or a regular BB? That would be awesome if regular BB's were carrying this to sell but it seems unlikely since the only other DS game I've ever seen for sale at several stores is Phantom Hourglass. I know you are new to this thread but it is a requirement of mine that people specify GR vs regular BB when posting new item availability ;).[/quote]

My BB is now renting DS/PSP games too. There were actually a pretty good amount of titles for the DS. Around 25 or so. Don't remember them off the top of my head though.

They are also focusing a lot on selling video games. The store used to be 10% video games/90% movies. Now, it's more like 40%/60%.

[quote name='DarkRider23']My BB is now renting DS/PSP games too. There were actually a pretty good amount of titles for the DS. Around 25 or so. Don't remember them off the top of my head though.

They are also focusing a lot on selling video games. The store used to be 10% video games/90% movies. Now, it's more like 40%/60%.[/QUOTE]

I don't particularly care to rent DS games, though it is good they are starting to carry them as that may mean more DS games available for sale. I just want to know if people are finding The World Ends With You NEW (for purchase!) at a NON-GR Blockbuster. No one has been clear on all those points as of yet ;).

By the way, I just called my store (and forgot to ask about that game - oh well, I'll find out tomorrow) and they said they have Mario Kart in and will be selling it tomorrow (seeing as how they are only open till 11 tonight). But that's fine with me - I just wanted to make sure they weren't going to tell me Monday or Tuesday!

[quote name='io']I don't particularly care to rent DS games, though it is good they are starting to carry them as that may mean more DS games available for sale. I just want to know if people are finding The World Ends With You NEW (for purchase!) at a NON-GR Blockbuster. No one has been clear on all those points as of yet ;).[/quote]

Sorry about that. The copy I grabbed was at my main GR. My other GR didn't have it, but I got the 2 new :ds: Pokémon games there on Thursday. I guess that store gets better shipments of new Nintendo published :ds: games since I got Professor Layton and Advanced Wars: DoR there too (a while back).

[quote name='djkunai']What does it say on the receipt? I was in store and they looked it up but couldn't find anything.[/quote]

NDS-THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU
Sale $39.99

[quote name='whymustiregister']
NDS-THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU
Sale $39.99[/quote]

So weird, I had them check the system for it twice but they couldn't find it. I walk in a few minutes ago to see the display case on the rack.

[quote name='grecianfox']Sorry I wasn't clear. I found The World Ends with You at a GR location.[/quote]

Yeah me too. I don't get why it doesn't show up when they searched the compy.

I found The World Ends with You for sale at a Non-Gamerush Blockbuster

Hard to get a hang of the battle system at first but once you do then boy this game is pretty damn good

Traded today at BB

Unreal III - PS3 $33
Dragonball Z 3 - Wii $30

= GTA4 PS3 :)

A lot better than the $10, and $12 Gamestop offered me

Hmm... the World Ends With You.... I'm hearing good things.... I have about $30 extra credit and can't decide whether to get that, Ninja Gaiden DS, cheap 360 game(s), or 3 extra wheels for Mario Kart (assuming they carry them by themselves). Guess I'll need to test out the wheel before making a call on that.

I had planned to pick up MK Wii tonight "if I was still up" otherwise tomorrow at opening.... well, turns out my neighbor is having a party, so here it is 10:40, and I'm still up hangin' out.... looks like I may drive up the street at midnight.

TIV's

X360
Import Tuner Challenge $19
TMNT $8

Wii
MLB Power Pros $16

PSP
Scarface $7
MLB 07 $10
SOCOM Fireteam $7

PS3
Warhawk $30

Plus I picked up a Pikmin 2 Case & Game for a damaged CoD2 that I got during the B1G1 sale not long ago. Already got 500 pts. coming to me from Goozex! :booty:

Just got back from work, we were the only store in our district that didn't get Mario Kart and it was because of a DHL shipping error. Didn't hear anything about GTA4, hopefully it comes monday with Mario Kart. It might still be a good idea to call before you go pick up either game to make sure the shipments got there.

West coasters might want to call before heading out. I have Mario Kart preordered at my local GR and they told me they would sell at midnight. Pulled up at 12:12 tonight and the doors were locked and as I was getting back in my car the lights went out..... Went to Walmart and bought it i'll just return the GR copy tomorrow to Walmart for my money back.

Picked up at midnight...I was the only guy there and they were just waiting till 12am to close. I showed up 15 mins early and offered to give cash to cover the remainer left over, which was just a $1 and tax, to just pick up my copy and leave. They told me I had to wait.

Hit up 2 stores Saturday night and neither had ANY DS games for sale. That's not surprising at my local store as they just started carrying stuff for sale last week. The other store was one that has been selling new games for a while and had Phantom Hourglass at one point. They even checked the system for me and no "The World Ends With You" new - they scanned the rental case to look it up in the system, too - none there and none on order.

I can pick up Mario Kart in just under 8 hours - but since I stay up late I guess I won't be in there first thing. Will roll in around noon or so and hope they haven't sold mine yet.

[quote name='darylfoot']
Plus I picked up a Pikmin 2 Case & Game for a damaged CoD2 that I got during the B1G1 sale not long ago. Already got 500 pts. coming to me from Goozex! :booty:[/quote]

You traded it on goozex? The lowest price on amazon is $65 for disc-only. I sold one of mine a few weeks ago for over $70.

I'm done with the ebay/amazon selling thing. Goozex is working really well for me..... After all, I finally got my Starship Troopers PC game :applause:

Got my Mario Kart WII today. But unfortunatly they aren't/haven't gotten the The World Ends with You DS game.

I have some credit just waiting (since I already have GTA reserved at GS) so hopfully they will get it on Tuesday if they get it at all.

Picked up Mario Kart last night but they didn't have TWEWY for sale they did have it for rent. Also found out that they will have a midnight sale for GTA tomorrow.

[quote name='sp00ge']You traded it on goozex? The lowest price on amazon is $65 for disc-only. I sold one of mine a few weeks ago for over $70.[/QUOTE]

When did this happen? Wasn't it on one of the TRU $10 clearances? I have a copy (used) that I haven't played at all... just part of the backlog. Holy crap.

For the life of me, I'll never understand collecting rare games.

picked up 2 copies of mario kart today. they had a whole packet of games that were available for preorder. didn't get to look at it, but i did put $5 down on wii fit. this is at a non gr bb.

[quote name='ghozt']picked up 2 copies of mario kart today. they had a whole packet of games that were available for preorder. didn't get to look at it, but i did put $5 down on wii fit. this is at a non gr bb.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that also. They are preordering for Guitar Heroes Aerosmith and the DS guitar Hero as well.

I didnt read this before, but I stopped at a non-GR BBV today to pick up a second copy of Pikmin 2 (this one is disc only, but 12.99) and Mario Kart Wii.

They now have PS3 bundles again. 499.99 - 12 week rental card, blu-ray remote, hdmi cable, spiderman 3 the movie, transformers the game. Pretty sure this was a 40 gig that I mentioned a month ago, unfortunately the remote is still the generic sixaxis and not the DS3.

They also had DS3 controllers and a new wall of sellable games. I'm assuming this is them expanding to a game rush, because the manager there has been talking about it for a while.

[quote name='ghozt']picked up 2 copies of mario kart today. they had a whole packet of games that were available for preorder. didn't get to look at it, [highlight]but i did put $5 down on wii fit. this is at a non gr bb[/highlight].[/QUOTE]

Whaaa??? I was just in to pick up Mario Kart and I asked them how many preorders they had and was quite astonished to find out they had TEN! Yes, I consider that quite a lot for this location. They said they had 4 Brawl preorders (I had thought I was the only one). I guess this game selling/preorder thing is working out for Blockbuster since I'm sure most of those people aren't using cheap credit like we are ;). I would preorder Wii Fit there in a heartbeat - I wasn't sure I wanted it with my precious GS or GC credit but with renewable Blockbuster credit I'd go for it. But they told me the only other preorder they have (besides GTA IV) is Guitar Hero Aerosmith. Hopefully they'll start taking Wii Fit ones soon.

Anyway, wish I could enjoy my Mario Kart but my kids took it over!

I preordered Wii Fit today. If your friendly BBGR worker cannot find it in the system, have them look up the number

This should lead them right to it. My BBGR told me the street date is listed as the 23rd, which is the Friday after it is released (19th).

I honestly believe I have the best, smartest, most helpful retail people at my BBGR.

Just got back from my non GR BB and got the following in trade in.

PS3 Smackdown Vs Raw 08- 33.00
PS3 Eye of judgement w/o Camera - 36.00
X360 Mass Effect - 28.50
Wii- Driver- parallel lines - 16.00

Don't think I would have got half as much at Gamestop.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I preordered Wii Fit today. If your friendly BBGR worker cannot find it in the system, have them look up the number

This should lead them right to it. My BBGR told me the street date is listed as the 23rd, which is the Friday after it is released (19th).

I honestly believe I have the best, smartest, most helpful retail people at my BBGR.[/quote]

I am giong to have to agree with you on that one. My BB people don't really care at all, and I don't feel guilty for giving them 8 copies of Beowulf which are still sitting there.

Now really I have more reason to go out and buy those SST for the Wiis.

[quote name='io'] Hopefully they'll start taking Wii Fit ones soon.

Anyway, wish I could enjoy my Mario Kart but my kids took it over![/quote]

the first bb i went to knew about the wii fit, but its farther away. the second one i went to didn't now about it and had to look through the packet i was talking about, so maybe they just need to look through their paperwork.

A TIV from today.

Smackdown Vs Raw 08 (x360) - $28.50

Employee told me that no one showed up at midnight to pick up Mario Kart. I picked mine up at around 1:00 p.m.

I tried picking up a mario kart today at 3 different BBs today. I didn't pre order (I don't like buying launch games cause I don't like buying MSRP), but mario kart seemed like a good game to bundle with the wii I am about to sell.

2 of the BBs said that they had copies but only had enough to cover their pre orders. The other store didn't even get their shipment in. Needless to say I'll try back later this week. How long do pre orders last anyway? I heard that EB games will only hold your pre order for 24 hours.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm passing on Mario Kart, but I'm all over Wii Fit. :)[/quote]

i want both...but sadly HELL WEEK is this week for me...on top of graduating from college, getting married, having kids, getting divorced, taking finals, being psychologically evaluated for being a compulsive liar..the usual college student's life :drool:

[quote name='animemaniac14']i want both...but sadly HELL WEEK is this week for me...on top of graduating from college, getting married, having kids, getting divorced, taking finals, being psychologically evaluated for being a compulsive liar..the usual college student's life :drool:[/quote]

Sounds fun, at least you have an active lifestyle!!!

Quick question for those who traded in Eye of Judgement - did you get questioned at all about the camera? I called two local locations, and both said I need to bring in the camera.

And just a general comment. My store has tons of copies of all the good/recent GS flipping titles. HoV, History Channel, Darkness etc. Must be a lot of lurkers in the thread imo. Where the Hawaii CAGs at???

TIV for today

Madden 07 - $8
PGR 4 - $15
Both for 360

Does anybody know if BB sells PSP's. I went to 4 today and none of them had PSP's 2 were regular BB's and 2 were GR's.

[quote name='gunstar808']Quick question for those who traded in Eye of Judgement - did you get questioned at all about the camera? I called two local locations, and both said I need to bring in the camera.

And just a general comment. My store has tons of copies of all the good/recent GS flipping titles. HoV, History Channel, Darkness etc. Must be a lot of lurkers in the thread imo. Where the Hawaii CAGs at???[/QUOTE]

No don't get fooled they don't need the camera to trade in Eye of Judgement. I traded 2 in and they never even asked about it. Just as like the cards, the cloth play area and the booster pack they aren't needed to trade the game in. As for the camera if you were to trade it in they better quote you a price for trading it in.

When I traded in the game one of the guys at BB (one that I don't frequent) said that they needed the camera to trade it in. I asked why and he gave me a BS answer. He was really insistent too and I almost got in an argument with the guy. I had already traded in another one at the one I frequented with no problem. Luckily the store manager was there and she said that they didn't need it to trade in the game. Douche probably wanted it for himself since the majority of non GR BB don't buy back accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back