The BOURNE Legacy (August 10) - Update: Matt Damon & Jeremy Renner on Bourne sequels?

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://screenrant.com/bourne-legacy-matt-damon-interview

Matt Damon talks "The Bourne Legacy" and Jason Bourne joining Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner) in the upcoming Bourne sequels

damon-renner.jpg

There’s been talk about you joining Jeremy Renner in Bourne 5. Producer Frank Marshall said that was his dream, recently. Is that something that you’re interested in?

“You know, if they had a script, I mean I’d love it. Paul and I have talked about doing another one for years. We’ve been kind of dancing around it. We just never could find a story that we felt was good enough. And if we could, then we’d do it, and we’d do it in a second. We love the character, we love the world and I’d love to do it. But it’s always been…We don’t want to get into it like ‘Oh, you guys’ll figure it out,’ because then it just means years off of our lives. And the last movie was really, really tough. We had no script and we were making the movie for a release date on the fly. And at that budget it was really terrifying and stressful and there’s no reason to do that.

If there is a great movie to be made, then we can figure it out beforehand and then go make it, the way you always do. You know what I mean? But nobody’s ever come forward with that script, so we’ll see. I mean I want to do it, but we’ll see. We’ll see what happens. I bet this one’ll be a big hit, though.”

Do you mean The Bourne Legacy?

“This one this summer, with Jeremy(Renner), yeah. He’s awesome, and you know, he’s one of my favorite actors and I believe him in that world. You know, when Paul and I talked about maybe doing one, years ago, where we pass it off to somebody so the franchise can continue with someone else, Renner was the first guy that we talked about.”
The Bourne Legacy Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVs1JItE3I

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the Bourne Legacy takes place concurrently with the Bourne Ultimatum!

:hot: :hot: :hot:

So excited, I already can't wait for the next sequel!

First, why the shit do they give away the ENTIRE movie in trailers? That's frigging annoying.

Second, the spy/assasin with a conscience thing is now officially worn into the goddamn ground. I'm fed up with these guys after so many of them. The govt programmed you to be a killer and you've only now realized it? Cry me a river, dipshit. Now off some third-world figurehead like Daddy told you to.

Third, the lead in that (the guy from Hurt Locker) will always look like trailer trash I grew up with. Can't explain why, I guess he's kind of impish and vacant and inbred looking? He's a mullet, trucker hat, and cut-off t-shirt away from being the lead in the most authentic midwestern trailer park movie ever conceived.

Fourth, I will watch anything with Brian Cox. Even this shit. Although I prefer it when he does non-American accents. They should've had him use a different UK accent for every scene he's in the movie. Just because. It's not like anyone would care, they're just watching to see Cletus jump off a roof and make out with the labcoat girl.

This is like making a batman movie which only follows robin. Why continue this shit if Matt Damon didn't want to do it?

Watching the trailer its kinda funny seeing the ex-Bruce Banner talking to the current hawkeye.

[quote name='GUNNM']This is like making a batman movie which only follows robin. Why continue this shit if Matt Damon didn't want to do it?[/QUOTE]
I won't defend the Bourne movies in general (the later ones were too shaky cam for me), but IMO the success of the first wasn't Matt Damon, it was the premise itself: an action movie that honestly used non-explosive/gun battle action to advance the narrative. It's still rare. The protagonist was thoughtful in his approach to action, rather than grabbing a gun he'd grab a map, or if he did grab a gun he'd blow up a propane tank and run in the other direction.

I know Matt Damon wouldn't like to hear that. It's not that he didn't give a good performance -- he did -- I just think the premise and direction of the first were the real successes there.

So all of this is to say that Matt Damon isn't central to the continuation of the series. I won't defend its continuation, I'm only responding to the idea that you need Matt Damon to make a smart, compelling action movie with the name "Bourne" in the title.

[quote name='GUNNM']This is like making a batman movie which only follows robin. Why continue this shit if Matt Damon didn't want to do it?

Watching the trailer its kinda funny seeing the ex-Bruce Banner talking to the current hawkeye.[/QUOTE]
Matt Damon never said he wanted to leave the Bourne franchise, he just stated he can't do a Bourne film right then (2009). He later mentions that he's at least 5 years away from doing another Bourne film, so in the meantime, they're going to go with a "prequel" of some sorts, in fact Jeremy Renner's character was initially going to co-star with Damon before they decided to make it about just his character and bring in another Bourne film later on.

But rather than just being a prequel, Legacy now happens concurrently with Ultimatum!

I really think they will do it well. Loved the bourne movies, but it wasn't because of matt damon. I don't care if he ever does another one again, but the whole premise is what draws me in. Looking forward to this.

Oops so excited about the news, I totally forgot to post the article!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jere...ach el-Weisz-Bourne-Legacy-Footage-30648.html

Cinemablend on The Bourne Legacy timeline in The Bourne Ultimatum:

Just a few minutes ago I walked out of my final studio presentation at CinemaCon, and while I got to see some new stuff from exciting upcoming titles like\Ted, This is 40, Savages and Les Miserables (more on those later), the material on display for The Bourne Legacy was easily the most thought-provoking and extensive.

The first thing I should mention is that it seems the events of The Bourne Legacy, the Tony Gilroy-directed movie actually seem to happen concurrently with the events of The Bourne Ultimatum.

While it’s been known for a while that Joan Allen, David Strathairn, Albert Finney and Scott Glenn are part of the cast, the material that was presented actually included footage from the last movie, most notably scenes that had characters worrying about Jason Bourne being in New York and even a shot of Paddy Considine being killed at Waterloo Station. It’s hard to say right now how the two movies will end up dovetailing together, but it’s just interesting that they do.

I can also say this with plenty of confidence: The Bourne Legacy won’t be leaving audiences wanting for more action. Though the crowd in the theater only got to see snippets from the various sequences, Renner is shown kicking a whole lot of ass and there some hints at a motorcycle chase. Other things featured were a cabin being blown to bits by a missile, a gun-toting Aaron Cross in the snow, and Cross running across rooftops.

Look for The Bourne Legacy in theaters starting August 3rd

This news is like Nerdgasm for action spy movie fans!

I love the Bourne franchise. Favorite movies, hell, even one of my favorite games! This is an opening weekend movie for me! The trailer looks great, too.

[quote name='dothog']
Second, the spy/assasin with a conscience thing is now officially worn into the goddamn ground. I'm fed up with these guys after so many of them. The govt programmed you to be a killer and you've only now realized it? Cry me a river, dipshit. Now off some third-world figurehead like Daddy told you to.
[/QUOTE]

That's why I like Bond, preferably Daniel Craig as Bond. Because he's such an asshole. I gotta say the worst was Pierce Brosnan. Like all that shit where he shot Sophie Marceau's character in the last one before the reboot. Craig would have triple-tapped her. One in the pooper and two in the head.

I don't like the "gritty," realistic Bond. They saw what Bourne did, and rather than try to make Bond better in a way that is faithful to past Bond films, they just made a less interesting Bourne (in that he doesn't really have identity issues to resolve) who gets laid more. Some "reboot."

Brosnan isn't my favorite Bond, but I like him for the fact that he's Bond enough to lay a hot nuclear scientist named Christmas Jones. No way could Craig's Bond do that, he's too busy getting tortured and running after some asshole on foot. You can't run after assholes in a suit, other Bonds could've told him that.

Yeah, I'll give you that, the Bond reboots did lift a lot from the Bourne movie's style and pacing.

I know I'm opening up the shit-talking floodgate, but I honestly thought Dalton was one of the better Bonds. The one movie he was a little too "serious" (being that the movie started off with longtime series regular Felix Leiter becoming a shark snack...gee, how about a Moneypenny rape scene while you're at it?), but the other movie he was in he kinda lightened up a lot.

Still waiting for Clive Owen to take the reigns. Guy was born to play Bond.

[quote name='GUNNM']A movie about a spy being betrayed by his own guys. I wonder how this ends the suspense is killing me[/QUOTE]

lol

bread's done
Back