The Bourne Trilogy - $34.99 @ Amazon (until 08/21/10) - Blu ray (Slim Packaging)

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
[quote name='striker199']Good price, usually you can only get the UK version at this price I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this price seems too good to pass up for 3 great movies. For a little less than $12 a piece, that's very reasonable. I was just about to order, but it seems like the only differences from the HD DVDs and Blu-rays are BD LIVE, U Control, and they added TRUEHD Audio to Identity and Supremacy. I still haven't decided, but I know if I order now, they'll ship immediately. If I wait, they'll be backordered. Decisions, decisions... I'm going to sleep on it.

Lame it is not the original release, so they could be flippers. Amazon uses the same description and reviews for both versions.

[quote name='jazzman']Lame it is not the original release, so they could be flippers. Amazon uses the same description and reviews for both versions.[/QUOTE]
I actually just did some research and, according to this page, they are the original discs, not flippers.

[quote name='trunks982']what's flippers?[/QUOTE]
Flippers are when there is a DVD on one side of a disc and Blu-ray on the other. Apparently, when flippers were released with the rerelease of the individual Bourne films, sometimes there were problems reading them/some video issues on Blu-ray players. (I haven't actually used one, so all that I'm telling you is based on others reported experiences.) So good thing seems to be that after looking up what these were is that these appear to be the original non-flipper discs.

EDIT: Beaten

Blu-ray.com forums say these definately are NOT the flippers. The set is available to buy in stores and people picking them up say they are just regular blu's. I feel the same way as you, I want to bite, as long as it's not flippers. I might have to just go ahead with it and hope they didn't suddenly change it out of nowhere.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Blu-ray.com forums say these definately are NOT the flippers. The set is available to buy in stores and people picking them up say they are just regular blu's. I feel the same way as you, I want to bite, as long as it's not flippers. I might have to just go ahead with it and hope they didn't suddenly change it out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]
nice! i was about to jump on it till i realized i have all 3 bourne 2 disc singles :lol::lol:

they were still sealed in a pile of unwatched BRs i have been stacking for months, i should really keep track of my movies before i start getting multiple copies, ive done it a few times.

I wouldn't want flippers either, but if you order and it turns out that they are, nothing stops you from returning them.

I think I'll bite.

[quote name='bvharris']I wouldn't want flippers either, but if you order and it turns out that they are, nothing stops you from returning them.

I think I'll bite.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how strictly Amazon enforces their own policy, but if you open up a movie, their policy states you will only get a partial refund of 50% of the purchase price:

Partial refunds:

• Any opened computer returned within 30 days of delivery: 85% of item's price.
  • Any unopened media item or non-media item in original condition that is returned more than 30 days after delivery: 80% of item's price.
  • Any book that has obvious signs of use: 50% of item's price.
  • Any CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap): 50% of item's price.
  • Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts for reasons not due to our error: up to 50% of item's price.

I've returned open video games before, though in those cases the discs were defective. I don't suppose they'd buy an argument that flippers represent defective blu rays.

In any case, the evidence seems fairly strong that these aren't.

Here's the Blu-Ray.com for the 3-movie set:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Bourne-Trilogy-Blu-ray/3079/#Review
Never mentions the discs as flippers.

Stand-alone release for Bourne Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Bourne-Identity-Blu-ray/8305/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Bourne-Supremacy-Blu-ray/8306/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Bourne-Ultimatum-Blu-ray/8304/#Review
Says clearly for each one that it's a flipper disc, both from the item picture and the review.

Got this. I seem to be the only cat on the internet that hasn't seen any of these films. My girlfriend and I will be marathoning it soon. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='jpmoney']Got this. I seem to be the only cat on the internet that hasn't seen any of these films. My girlfriend and I will be marathoning it soon. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]One word of warning about the 2nd and 3rd films. There's a lot of quick cuts, shaky action scenes and the like, so if either one of you get motion sick, you might have an issue with it.

They're all great movies, just something to keep in mind with the 2nd and 3rd movies.

[quote name='shrike4242']One word of warning about the 2nd and 3rd films. There's a lot of quick cuts, shaky action scenes and the like, so if either one of you get motion sick, you might have an issue with it.

They're all great movies, just something to keep in mind with the 2nd and 3rd movies.[/QUOTE]

the first movie also had it

Mine finally shipped today via USPS (ordered on Sunday), hopefully it will get here on Saturday instead of projected Monday though

[quote name='shrike4242']One word of warning about the 2nd and 3rd films. There's a lot of quick cuts, shaky action scenes and the like, so if either one of you get motion sick, you might have an issue with it.

They're all great movies, just something to keep in mind with the 2nd and 3rd movies.[/QUOTE]

lol, its funny that you say that because I know what you're talking about. When I watched Ultimatum at the theater I got a little motion sick. I've watched them many times at home since and it hasn't bothered me when I watch them on my TV.

bread's done
Back