The 'burbs Blu-Ray Steelbook - Import *Its Finally Happening!*

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This has been my longest hold out for a movie coming to blu ray.  IMO one of the best underappreciated movies out there.  Anyone else excited for this?  A steelbook is cool, but just having the damn thing on blu ray is what I wanted most.  Looks like a lot of cool extras too! The pre order is now up on Arrow films and goes for around 25 shipped.  I got 2 for 56 bucks shipped using paypal.  The site is a little janky.  Create an account first and you will get 100 bonus points which is worth 1 buck off your purchase. 

PRE ORDER NOW!

Release Date: 23 June 2014

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis:  HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort  populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
  • High Definition digital transfer
  • Newly created exclusive content
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
  • More to be announced closer to the release date 
THE_BURBS_V3_3D_SBcom-500x500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been my longest hold out for a movie coming to blu ray. IMO one of the best underappreciated movies out there. Anyone else excited for this? A steelbook is cool, but just having the damn thing on blu ray is what I wanted most. Looks like a lot of cool extras too! The pre order is now up on Arrow films and goes for around 25 shipped. I got 2 for 56 bucks shipped using paypal. The site is a little janky. Create an account first and you will get 100 bonus points which is worth 1 buck off your purchase.

Release Date: 23 June 2014

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis: HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
  • High Definition digital transfer
  • Newly created exclusive content
  • Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
  • More to be announced closer to the release date
THE_BURBS_V3_3D_SBcom-500x500.jpg
I remember this movie. This was the first movie that told me of 'citizen's arrest'.

I feel like I got punched in the gut.  So I wont be able to watch this on a PS3, PS4 or XBOX 1, right?  Is there any options?  I tried searching info and still seem a bit confused.  I don't usually import stuff.

I feel like I got punched in the gut. So I wont be able to watch this on a PS3, PS4 or XBOX 1, right? Is there any options? I tried searching info and still seem a bit confused. I don't usually import stuff.
Getting a region free player. Or hope the listing is wrong cause sometimes these sites list the blu-ray as region B but it ends up being region free.

Getting a region free player. Or hope the listing is wrong cause sometimes these sites list the blu-ray as region B but it ends up being region free.
It will be region B only because it's an Arrow release. They're all region locked.

It will be region B only because it's an Arrow release. They're all region locked.
are there hacks or codes to make the ps3, ps4 or xb1 play these region b discs? I'm gonna be pissed if I have to buy a damn player to play one friggin' movie because they refuse to release the damn thing in America.

This is probably the greatest piece of cinema to ever grace my eyes. Also, the quotes...I could go on and on.

"There go the goddamn brownies"

"Hans, what a fine Christian name. Hans Christian Andersen ho ho"

This is probably the greatest piece of cinema to ever grace my eyes. Also, the quotes...I could go on and on.

"There go the goddamn brownies"

"Hans, what a fine Christian name. Hans Christian Andersen ho ho"

I'm not even a steelbook collector but I might order this, sell the disc, and use the case when we get a release in our region.

If I could have just one wish it would be for a Criterion Masterpiece Collection of all of Joe Dante's films. They're each brilliant in their own right.

Klopek, is that Slavic?

NO!

About a nine on the tension scale there, Reub.

bread's done
Back