The CAG Backlog Support Group.

ok been playing halo mcc campaign and got some new games as well so yeah its gonna be a while before i can clear anything off my list lmao

With Smash Wii-U coming next week and Pokemon Trading Card game on VC today AND the Mario Kart 8 DLC, backlog isn't shrinking anytime soon.

I'm voting 1-20 mainly because of my school situation. I have one more full year left and will have my bachelor's degree after the fall semester. That does include a full summer semester though but by the time I'm done there will be a lot of video games waiting for me. Ha ha

Well, I killed one game from my backlog yesterday. Finally finished Wonderful 101. Amazing and its the funniest game I've played.

Still, too many games left. MK8 dlc just released and smash is near so its gonna be hard. Haha.

Care to tell us what games?
I won a bunch of items in a lowball so here goes:

Blue Dragon Plus w/ slipcover
Cake Mania
Cake Mania 2
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Henry Hatsworth
Monster Tale
Ninja Town
Pokemon Trozei
Polarium
Soul Bubbles
Sudoku Ball Detective
Zendoku
Zenses Ocean
Zenses Rainforest

Bought two old cheap ass 360 games at Gamestop (NBA Ballers: Chosen One and the Club).

There's a reason why they're cheap and forgotten. The Club is "ehhh" but playable while NBA Ballers completely fuck ing sucks. I loved the NBA Street series and there hasn't been a good street ball game in years so I picked up Ballers for a few bucks. Bad decision.

I won a bunch of items in a lowball so here goes:

Blue Dragon Plus w/ slipcover
Cake Mania
Cake Mania 2
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
Henry Hatsworth
Monster Tale
Ninja Town
Pokemon Trozei
Polarium
Soul Bubbles
Sudoku Ball Detective
Zendoku
Zenses Ocean
Zenses Rainforest
How much did all them bitches cost you?

Last edited:
NBA Street Vol. 1 & 2 were beasts of games. I put so many hours in both of them. Wasn't able to play Vol. 3 sadly. Might need to buy all of them again, thanks to you Rozz.

NBA Street Vol. 1 & 2 were beasts of games. I put so many hours in both of them. Wasn't able to play Vol. 3 sadly. Might need to buy all of them again, thanks to you Rozz.
Vol. 3 and Homecourt are great as well. I want a PS4/Xbox One NBA Street. EA will probably listen if I e-mail them.

Last edited:
Have you played the other two crysis games? I played the first Crysis several years ago but never finished. It wasn't anything special for me.
I haven't played 1 or 2, but 3 wasn't special for me. I know people make a huge deal out of how good the Crysis games look, but even when it came out and I watched a friend play it, I thought it was good, but nothing to freakout about.

[quote name="Rozz" post="12251405" timestamp="1416372439"]Vol. 3 and Homecourt are great as well. I want a PS4/Xbox One NBA Street. EA will probably listen if I e-mail them.[/quote] Yeah, instead of doing that piece of crap called NBA Live, they should do NBA Street Vol. 4

Since I'm not purchasing an Assassin's Creed his fall since God knows when, I'm diving into my backlog a little bit and catching up on Assassin's Creed Bloodlines for PSP. Never touched it so it should be interesting.

Hello people!

Tried to get through GTA: San Andreas but I couldn't.  The first plane mission (not the Zero mission) was a little too tormenting.  It has to be the worst flight controls I've ever experienced in a game especially since the mission requires you to stay low.  After about the 7th time I just went on youtube to watch the remaining cut scenes.  I'm super glad I did!

This type of gameplay, in my opinion, seemed cheap to me.  Maybe the flying segments were better on the PS2 version.

Anyways I'm thinking about diving into some Spider-Man games.  I'll play Web of Shadows first then Shattered Dimensions.

Hello people!

Tried to get through GTA: San Andreas but I couldn't. The first plane mission (not the Zero mission) was a little too tormenting. It has to be the worst flight controls I've ever experienced in a game especially since the mission requires you to stay low. After about the 7th time I just went on youtube to watch the remaining cut scenes. I'm super glad I did!

This type of gameplay, in my opinion, seemed cheap to me. Maybe the flying segments were better on the PS2 version.

Anyways I'm thinking about diving into some Spider-Man games. I'll play Web of Shadows first then Shattered Dimensions.
You have to keep in mind how old the game is as well. It's a badass sandbox game to just fuck around with, though.

I finished Starfox 64 DS. Only takes about an hour or so to beat, but it's a fun trip down memory lane.

Bought two old cheap ass 360 games at Gamestop (NBA Ballers: Chosen One and the Club).

There's a reason why they're cheap and forgotten. The Club is "ehhh" but playable while NBA Ballers completely fuck ing sucks. I loved the NBA Street series and there hasn't been a good street ball game in years so I picked up Ballers for a few bucks. Bad decision.

How much did all them bitches cost you?
Like $1-$2 for each, except the main stream titles like Pokemon and blue dragon

Smash is destroying any shred of backlog time I had been putting aside.
Same.

I have over 40 games that I haven't even played (which is a very small amount compared to some of you) and I was thinking about getting a PS3 or 360. I don't really know what's happening to me.

Yesterday, I decided to take a break from smash and unlocked the final secret world in DKC Tropical Freeze (dunno if anyone cares lol). The Best Platformer this year IMO.

My Steam backlog is 200+ I can't even.
Start hammering out short 2-4 hour games, you probably have quite a bit.

I just finished Far Cry 4. I'm two trophies away from the plat and it is no doubt my GotY. I am about to play through Murdered: Soul Suspect right now.

I also have to admit that I have been a bad backlogaholic, I picked Tales of Xillia 2, Natural Doctrine and Monopoly Family Fun Pack. After I finish Murdered and get the FC4 Plat, I'm going to trade them in towards GTA V for :ps4:

Shit, I just picked up Xillia 2 and a fuck ing Vita (along with a few games). Did I need either? No.

I'm still making my way through my old 360 shit.

Shit, I just picked up Xillia 2 and a fuck ing Vita (along with a few games). Did I need either? No.

I'm still making my way through my old 360 shit.
Gotta resist temptation Rozz. I almost gave in when I saw that XBONE + Kinect bundle on the Microsoft Store. Thank God I don't have the money.

Gotta resist temptation Rozz. I almost gave in when I saw that XBONE + Kinect bundle on the Microsoft Store. Thank God I don't have the money.
Same here! The deal is soooo tempting!

I just dove into the current gen a few weeks ago. I couldn't pass up getting $125 for my old fat PS3 towards a new PS4. That and I traded in my iPhone 4S. Ended up paying $150 which isn't bad at all. So now as you all can expect, especially after Black Friday, I have begun my PS4 backlog. I picked up Infamous SS, Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and Evil Within.

Anyways, I finished CoD: Black Ops II campaign (don't have time for online). I don't see what all the hype was about. I enjoyed the first Black Ops much more than this one. Still, to me, Call of Duty 4 is the best I've played so far.

I went a little further back and started playing Spider-Man Web of Shadows and GTA IV: Lost and Damned.

So far I don't see what all the hate is about with Web of Shadows! It looks better than what I expected. It plays great! It reminds me of a cheesy Spider-Man cartoon. I think this may have came out when most people were looking for something deeper. To me it's just plain fun.

Lost and the Damned so far seems better to me than the main campaign which I played years ago when GTA IV first came out.

I've been meaning to continue my Assassin's Creed journey - I have yet to play Brotherhood, Revelations, III, and IV. I'm considering skipping all except IV. I'm not liking the direction that Ubisoft is taking, making this a yearly series seems more about making money than making a good meaningful product.

I didn't buy any games this Black Friday, nothing was a good enough price for me to bite.

I did buy a bunch of movies though :)
Uh oh, do we need a movie backlog thread?

I have begun my PS4 backlog. I picked up Infamous SS, Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and Evil Within.

Anyways, I finished CoD: Black Ops II campaign (don't have time for online). I don't see what all the hype was about. I enjoyed the first Black Ops much more than this one.

Lost and the Damned so far seems better to me than the main campaign which I played years ago when GTA IV first came out.

I'm considering skipping all except IV.
You got some great games (at great prices) Lego Marvel is my favorite Lego game so far and the rest are great games too. I agree about Blops 2 II, I thought the first blops campaign was amazing, but Blops 2 had great multiplayer (way better than Ghosts or Advanced Warfare) Lost and the Damned is pretty cool and AC IV is so much fun. If you have a Vita, it is probably one of the best games to play using remote.

I got 20 hours into the Witcher 2 and while it's fantastic my head is telling me I should start playing the 4X games in my backlog, mostly Galactic Civilizations 2 and Civ 5.

What do I do. Send aid ASAP.

I got 20 hours into the Witcher 2 and while it's fantastic my head is telling me I should start playing the 4X games in my backlog, mostly Galactic Civilizations 2 and Civ 5.

What do I do. Send aid ASAP.
Push through it! I swear the sense of relief you will feel will be better than anything else. Just imagine what its like starting another game! Ugh! Tutorials for an hour! Gotta level up! Gross!

Without counting I'd say I have around 90 rpgs in my backlog.  But I've been trying to beat about one a month. It helps that I'm not trying to 100% completionist them anymore. The main issue is that they are rpgs and the average regular play through for one is 30-60 hours in my experience. 

I think I made a decent dent in my backlog this year though and I have been playing some games as soon as I bought them  depending on my interest. I beat tales of xillia, tales of graces, p4, p3p, fire emblem path of radiance, fire emblem radiant dawn, pokemon white 1, pokemon white 2, nostalgia, ff7, chrono cross, valkyria chronicles, tales of eternia, foto showdown, miles edgeworth, atelier ayesha. star ocean 4 and blue dragon this year. So almost 2 games a month. of course most of those were before I started working

On another note backloggery is more ymmv and isn't really great for a guide point on how long it will take individually.  Their times and mine are varied across the board.

Using a guide/map helps stream line the process a bit too.

But then I look at the games I bought this year and it's likely 3x the amount I beat >.> 

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I've purchased Drakengard 3, Tales of Hearts R, NFS Most Wanted, RAGE, Bad Company 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Lightning Returns. I'm playing NFS now & don't know when I'll even get around to the others. Also have an unknown amount of PS+ games that I've accumulated since last year for Vita/PS4/3. There are still many games I want to add to my backlog, but I always miss them on Amazon when they're on sale/warehouse. 

I wanted to finish my PS3 backlog before I buy a PS4 but that didn't happen. I caved and bought a PS4 and enjoying the hell out of Mordor and Diablo III.

I did, however, achieve the following:

Make sure all of my PS3/360 physical backlog games (with cases) are able to fit in the chest from Borderlands 2 ULCE. 

I'm actually playin tohr right now.  Finished part 1 and I'm guessing I'm near the end of part 2 so part 3 shouldn't be long.  after that I have to go back to grandia. I think I'm right before the final dungeons in that one.  I stopped playing it once hearts r arrived.  I was only playing it because I was one of the many people who's orders was delayed till near the end of november (despite having preordered a month in advance.)

I have actually done a pretty good job of trimming my backlog down. I sold or traded off games I was never going to get around to, and now I only have about 35 physical games left, which is really good considering I bought 6 games on Black Friday. 

Now if I could just finish my second play through of Persona 4 Golden I could really make some progress in my backlog.

Just found this thread and wanted to say that I'm glad there's others like me!

I actually stopped buying games earlier this year as I realized that I just keep buying them and never playing them.  Have a PC/PS3/Vita/WiiU backlog.  For instance I bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy 4-10 ... they all sit there unplayed.

Heck I still haven't got around to playing the TLoU on my PS3.

Happy to say though, that I've made a "roadmap" for my games and have finally convinced myself that I don't need a next gen system yet when I have so much I haven't played on the systems I already have.   It's been hard, but I think I'm finally getting used to not just rushing out to get games.

Just fed my backlog beast 4 more games.. 5 if you count Metro: Redux as two games. I keep telling myself "January 1st I will stop buying games (unless something super awesome comes out) and just work on my backlog" 

We will see how that goes...

Its a small victory but I finished Pokemon Trading Card Game for the 3DS VC. I lost my copy as a child and never finished it so this was some big time redemption.

I wanted to finish my PS3 backlog before I buy a PS4 but that didn't happen. I caved and bought a PS4 and enjoying the hell out of Mordor and Diablo III.
See, I'm afraid that if I start playing my PS4 games before finishing my last gen backlog, I'm going to want to keep playing current gen games! I'm thinking all in moderation. I'll play a couple of last gen games then play one PS4 game.

Just found this thread and wanted to say that I'm glad there's others like me!

I actually stopped buying games earlier this year as I realized that I just keep buying them and never playing them. Have a PC/PS3/Vita/WiiU backlog. For instance I bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy 4-10 ... they all sit there unplayed.

Heck I still haven't got around to playing the TLoU on my PS3.

Happy to say though, that I've made a "roadmap" for my games and have finally convinced myself that I don't need a next gen system yet when I have so much I haven't played on the systems I already have. It's been hard, but I think I'm finally getting used to not just rushing out to get games.
Welcome! Care to share how you put together your road map?

I Just make a poll when I finish with a game if I don't have anything in mind. Pick 10 games at random then let the good people vote for what I play.  They haven't steered me wrong so far ignoring all those joke votes for lunar dragon song.

See, I'm afraid that if I start playing my PS4 games before finishing my last gen backlog, I'm going to want to keep playing current gen games! I'm thinking all in moderation. I'll play a couple of last gen games then play one PS4 game.

Welcome! Care to share how you put together your road map?
Well for me personally, I decided that I'd work on games for my PS3 first. The reasoning was that the quicker I can get through them, then there's still a chance (in next few months) for me to trade it in during a promo for a PS4 or Xbone. I then listed the games I still had for PS3 that I knew I couldn't play on either my Vita/PC/Wii U or a future console.

Once I had those games I then went to howlongtobeat and metacritic and recorded each value for the games. Once that was done I kind of looked at what I had left and made a roadmap. Essentially I picked some shorter games with good reviews first to get the ball rolling and then filled in games with a good ratio of time/score and at the bottom put games that I'm not sure I'll ever regret not playing. I'm sure I'll make some changes to the list as I go, but that's where I'm starting! Wish me luck!

bread's done
Back