The CAG Backlog Support Group.

I just spent the weekend at Pax South so I didn't get anywhere with my backlog obviously. I only bought one game there. Jet Force Gemini. I never played it back in the day and I figured what the heck. I also tried Shadows of Mordor on PS4 and I really like it but I'm waiting for sub-$20

My backlog is taking a big blow today. I'm buying at least 6 games from the PSN flash sale, but the good news is I finished Titan Attacks. I plan on finishing a couple games this weekend, but we will see how it goes.
Flash Sale + 10% off will do it. I got Shadow Warrior and Guacamelee for PS4.

Still playing Sly Cooper. It's actually getting better the more I play. Maybe I'm just getting used to the controls.

I also started playing Ninja Blade. It was fun at first but I'm starting not to enjoy it. Might be time to give this one up.

Flash sale got me. I just picked up Costume Quest and Shadow Warrior. The backlog continues to grow. Almost finished with the campaign in Battlefield 4 though. Hopefully in the next day or so time permitting. 

EDIT: Battlefield 4 completed. Moving on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see people clearing their backlogs well me i havent really played much of anything but i too picked up some stuff during flash sale so dont know i guess i will pick something and hope to finish it

Still plugging away at Fallout 3.  When I started up in early December I was at level 6, just now hit level 15.  I keep wanting to explore every corner and go through every side quest.  I also have an issue with over-preparing when I go on a quest; making sure I have all equipment in top condition and reading up on what items I will need, etc.  Probably spend more time preparing than I spend on the quest.

Still plugging away at Fallout 3. When I started up in early December I was at level 6, just now hit level 15. I keep wanting to explore every corner and go through every side quest. I also have an issue with over-preparing when I go on a quest; making sure I have all equipment in top condition and reading up on what items I will need, etc. Probably spend more time preparing than I spend on the quest.
I must have started Fallout 3 four or five times since it launched. At the best I got five hours into it and lost interest. It felt like I kept going into areas and dying from over powered enemies. I would love to dive in and enjoy the heck out of the game since I liked the atmosphere of the wasteland. but it is tough. Maybe another go would help.

I must have started Fallout 3 four or five times since it launched. At the best I got five hours into it and lost interest. It felt like I kept going into areas and dying from over powered enemies. I would love to dive in and enjoy the heck out of the game since I liked the atmosphere of the wasteland. but it is tough. Maybe another go would help.
You can adjust the difficulty at any time during the game. I've done this when it's way too difficult or too easy. The game is difficult at the beginning because you have few resources but that changes over time (enemies get more powerful as you level up also). I say lower the difficulty and give it another shot.

Play a different post apocolyptic game like STALKER or Wasteland 2. Both of which are much better than Fallout 3

Beat Spec Ops on Suicide a few days ago and have started FUBAR. I don't know if I will be good enough to beat it on that mode, but we will see. I loved the game though, the storytelling was one of the best I have experienced, especially considering it is a shooter.

I also got 100% on Titan Attacks yesterday, so I can cross that off my list. Only 1,472 to go, at an impressive clip of about 10-15 games finished per year..I should be done in no time.

You can adjust the difficulty at any time during the game. I've done this when it's way too difficult or too easy. The game is difficult at the beginning because you have few resources but that changes over time (enemies get more powerful as you level up also). I say lower the difficulty and give it another shot.
Listen to this. Fallout 3 is an excellent game and well worth taking the time to invest into. If you stick with it just a little longer, you will be fine. Just keep hoarding resources and you will become overpowered in no time.

Listen to this. Fallout 3 is an excellent game and well worth taking the time to invest into. If you stick with it just a little longer, you will be fine. Just keep hoarding resources and you will become overpowered in no time.
Maybe I will give it another shot on my PC. I should wrap up a few things first though.

Maybe I will give it another shot on my PC. I should wrap up a few things first though.
Sometimes there are just those games. I can't tell you how many times I started Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 and just couldn't figure out how to get through the first hour, then I got the hang of it and finished it in a couple days.

Sometimes there are just those games. I can't tell you how many times I started Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 and just couldn't figure out how to get through the first hour, then I got the hang of it and finished it in a couple days.
This is my biggest set back. And since I rarely have more then an hour at a time to play a game - it get's rough to get through that "first" hour cus I feel like I'm constantly there.

yeah i know what you mean right now im playing through dying light campaign and some of the missions become a pain and you have like no idea what to do but eventually you figure it out but fun game so far better than i expected it to be

I hear you. My biggest gaming hinders of the past generation have been Fallout 3 and Bioshock. I want to enjoy these games that are loved by the community but I can't get into them.

My backlog is taking a big blow today. I'm buying at least 6 games from the PSN flash sale, but the good news is I finished Titan Attacks. I plan on finishing a couple games this weekend, but we will see how it goes.
same though I bought 8 I think. luckily only some were rpgs. Bought and finished costume quest 2 at least. Still trying on neptunia 3 but the game is just getting really boring. The dialogue being crap they ramble on about is not helping. That and only a tiny bit even being voiced. I mostly just skim it anymore.

Oh and then I picked up earthbound since nintendo had it for free. Brightside at least I finished one game this month.

Finishing my backlog would be probably easier if I threw more short titles in like costume quest 2. took 6 hours to beat.

I hear you. My biggest gaming hinders of the past generation have been Fallout 3 and Bioshock. I want to enjoy these games that are loved by the community but I can't get into them.
I've had Fallout 3 in my backlog for probably 6 years or so - I just can't get into it for some reason. That and I'm always scared I'm going to miss something that I need later on in the game.

As for Bioshock, a year ago I got it for the PC and just used cheats to make myself god mode. That might be looked down upon, but I really just wanted to play it for the atmosphere and story and then move on. To me it was worth it just to get to experience the game.

Square-Enix sale on Steam this weekend. Sleeping Dogs: DE, Murdered: Soul Suspect & Deus Ex Human Revolution for less than $20 total. I'm going to cave.......

Just Finished Wolfenstein The New Order this morning. On to Dishonered. I just started AC: Unity this morning. I'm giving up on Diablo and GTA V. I'm just not liking either that much. 

Finally jumped back into Red Dead Redemption since my 2012 game save. I liked it, but as soon as the poker table was available I just played poker until other games caught my interest. Other people went out shooting stuff and there I was, at the table. Gotta finish this before RDR 2 ever happens. After this, must finish LA Noire.

Finished Costume Quest 2. It was decent but at times I was really lost and had no idea what I was doing. Most likely user error because I didn't pay attention to any of the dialogue. Regardless I had fun. 1 down, 100000000000000000000 to go .

Still plugging away at Fallout 3. When I started up in early December I was at level 6, just now hit level 15. I keep wanting to explore every corner and go through every side quest. I also have an issue with over-preparing when I go on a quest; making sure I have all equipment in top condition and reading up on what items I will need, etc. Probably spend more time preparing than I spend on the quest.
I still have to finish both fallouts and both borderlands. I am in in game hoarder, so it takes me forever since I have to painstakingly decide what to take/sell/etc...I might need those 147 bent tin cans in the future!

I've been playing a lot lately. I finished AC revelations, AC III, AC IV, Started rogue (but I had to return it), Platinumed Captain America, Platinumed Walking Dead 1, Working on Wolf Among Us right now. Oh and I've wasted too much time on jet-pack joyride and Shake Spears.

I still have to finish both fallouts and both borderlands. I am in in game hoarder, so it takes me forever since I have to painstakingly decide what to take/sell/etc...I might need those 147 bent tin cans in the future!
Yeah, recently hired Paladin Cross from the Citadel. The first thing I thought was "nice, I can have her carry some of the stuff I scavenge". :wall:

I finished Asura's Wrath and the dlc. That last battle really was cool. Now to move onto FF13-2, Metal Gear Rising and one random game on the list. 

Finished Costume Quest 2. It was decent but at times I was really lost and had no idea what I was doing. Most likely user error because I didn't pay attention to any of the dialogue. Regardless I had fun. 1 down, 100000000000000000000 to go .
nah even if you paid attention to the dialogue they have really guide dang it moments. finding the stupid braces kid when you return to the southern quarter being one example. unless you are REALLY closely looking while leaving the area and have wizards glowstick on there's no damn way you'd see the trail your supposed to follow. then there's the were wolf trail back in the 2 cities that doesn't tell you that you need to go back to the sewer and head to the big city and follow the new tracks there. also alot of them having huge gaps does not help things along with only appearing if you find said stop gaps in order.

Finally jumped back into Red Dead Redemption since my 2012 game save. I liked it, but as soon as the poker table was available I just played poker until other games caught my interest. Other people went out shooting stuff and there I was, at the table. Gotta finish this before RDR 2 ever happens. After this, must finish LA Noire.
RDR is one of my favorite games of last gen.

I gave mirror's edge another try and got to a part with 2 cranes and found myself going in circles and dying a lot. I have moved on to Call of Duty: World At War. I'm half way done. Good game so far.

Next:

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Shadow Complex

Wet

I started up a few games but I been playing dying light more, A really decent game so far and really having a blast with the metroid prime trilogy

I started up a few games but I been playing dying light more, A really decent game so far and really having a blast with the metroid prime trilogy
Have you gotten to Metroid Prime 2 yet? It is one of my favorite games of all time. The music and atmosphere are amazing.

Games I have beaten recently:

:360:

Fallout New Vegas

Sonic and Knuckles

Duck Tales Remastered

:xb1:

Shadow of Mordor

Never Alone

:ps4:

The Wolf Among Us

Infamous First Light

:vita:

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

:WiiU:

Bayonetta 2

Overall, I have taken a nice chunk out of my backlog. I still have a long way to go, but hopefully I can be done with all my PS3 and Xbox 360 games by the end of the summer.

Have you gotten to Metroid Prime 2 yet? It is one of my favorite games of all time. The music and atmosphere are amazing.

Games I have beaten recently:

:360:

Fallout New Vegas

Sonic and Knuckles

Duck Tales Remastered

:xb1:

Shadow of Mordor

Never Alone

:ps4:

The Wolf Among Us

Infamous First Light

:vita:

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

:wiiu:

Bayonetta 2

Overall, I have taken a nice chunk out of my backlog. I still have a long way to go, but hopefully I can be done with all my PS3 and Xbox 360 games by the end of the summer.
Nice I have been meaning to play bayonetta for a while and on metroid I recently just started so far I have beat the parasite queen boss in the beginning then I went back to playing other games (I get sidetracked really easily) so many games so little time

I have nearly 500 hours of game time left to beat all the games in my library, and am working on two games concurrently from the recent Humble Bundle Star Wars pack (that'd be Jedi Academy and KOTOR). Not sure how far I'll get, crossing my fingers that the nice bundles that are coming along won't set me back even further!

ok guys I just now beat dying light, its a alright game with a meh campaign. I did have a lot of fun playing co op though to me that was where the game shines the most. Now i'm just playing online and free roaming a bit while I decide which game I should play next.

ok guys I just now beat dying light, its a alright game with a meh campaign. I did have a lot of fun playing co op though to me that was where the game shines the most. Now i'm just playing online and free roaming a bit while I decide which game I should play next.
I'm interested in Dying Light. Is the platforming worse than Mirror's Edge/than what you expected? Is it like Far Cry with zombies?

Well I finished World At War. The best WWII shooter I ever played!

I couldn't get into Chronicles of Riddick. It was a good game when I first played it back in the day but now it seems like some things have changed. If I remember right, Riddick was able to see clearly in the dark when he puts the goggles on. With the 360 version, he can't even see in the dark.

I'm not really a Ghostbusters fan but I wanted to check this game out. I would rather watch some one play than play it myself.

I ended up playing and finishing Wet. Fun game but not as fun as Stranglehold. Interesting story with all of the cliched twists and turns.

I'm currently playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Decent game, about what I expect. I've read a lot of people liked the first one better. I may check it out.

I'm interested in Dying Light. Is the platforming worse than Mirror's Edge/than what you expected? Is it like Far Cry with zombies?

Well I finished World At War. The best WWII shooter I ever played!

I couldn't get into Chronicles of Riddick. It was a good game when I first played it back in the day but now it seems like some things have changed. If I remember right, Riddick was able to see clearly in the dark when he puts the goggles on. With the 360 version, he can't even see in the dark.

I'm not really a Ghostbusters fan but I wanted to check this game out. I would rather watch some one play than play it myself.

I ended up playing and finishing Wet. Fun game but not as fun as Stranglehold. Interesting story with all of the cliched twists and turns.

I'm currently playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Decent game, about what I expect. I've read a lot of people liked the first one better. I may check it out.
The game is a lot better than I expected it to be, there is a lot of stuff you can craft in the game and many blueprints to find and playing at night was a whole new playing field cause at nighttime the zombies become a lot more aggressive and you actually end up feeling helpless when you try to fight back but once you get better weapons there is a better chance for survival. However even with better weapons, the virals can still do some nasty damage and also this game punishes you for dying cause everytime you die in the game you lose exp which can be frustrating especially when your about to reach the next rank but also makes you more cautious when playing which I like. That's just a short round up of the game also their is your usual sidequests which should keep you busy and playing co op is definitely the funnest part of the game and the campaign was kinda short so definitely something you can finish in a few days but honestly I would wait for this game to hit sub 30 unless its something your really dying to play but the game was definitely worth it for 20 bucks along with the season pass which reminds me they just added new areas so will give those a try.

The game is a lot better than I expected it to be, there is a lot of stuff you can craft in the game and many blueprints to find and playing at night was a whole new playing field cause at nighttime the zombies become a lot more aggressive and you actually end up feeling helpless when you try to fight back but once you get better weapons there is a better chance for survival. However even with better weapons, the virals can still do some nasty damage and also this game punishes you for dying cause everytime you die in the game you lose exp which can be frustrating especially when your about to reach the next rank but also makes you more cautious when playing which I like. That's just a short round up of the game also their is your usual sidequests which should keep you busy and playing co op is definitely the funnest part of the game and the campaign was kinda short so definitely something you can finish in a few days but honestly I would wait for this game to hit sub 30 unless its something your really dying to play but the game was definitely worth it for 20 bucks along with the season pass which reminds me they just added new areas so will give those a try.
Cool thanks! I might pick it up down the line during a buy 2 get 1 free used deal.

okay i finally beat soul sacrifice delta and completed first season of the walking dead along with 400 days now to start on season 2 O:)

First post in awhile. Finished Duck Tales Remastered and The Order: 1886. I hope you guys are killing those backlogs!
Welcome back and yeah I've been playing a bit more games recently and just completed season 2 of walking dead and I'm about halfway through on bioshock infinite. Now lets hope I don't get sidetracked again and play something else Lol and I might start wolf among us, I've heard good things about it.

well I technically got 3 more games out of my backlog. magical star sign hdnv and 999.  Didn't finish the former 2 and 100% the latter but whatever I youtubed the true ending and thats good enough for me.  next on my list is .hack g.u. vol 2 and 3 once my damn new ps2 finally get here. I'm just not interested in grinding in hdnv and magical star sign.  I don't mind grinding but I don't want to feel forced to do so and in both games it wasn't fun.  

I just finished bioshock infinite, It is an excellent game and I enjoyed playing through it but some parts of the game were extremely frustrating but nonetheless it had an amazing story and will try out the DLC some time along with the first 2 games which are still in my backlog......... well anyway I'm starting dangonranpa trigger happy havoc, I'm really enjoying it so far and am eager to see what happens next

Making my way through Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. I'm happy that I never got around to the original edition in my backlog because of the huge amount of updates this one makes in comparison to the vanilla version.

I just finished bioshock infinite, It is an excellent game and I enjoyed playing through it but some parts of the game were extremely frustrating but nonetheless it had an amazing story and will try out the DLC some time along with the first 2 games which are still in my backlog......... well anyway I'm starting dangonranpa trigger happy havoc, I'm really enjoying it so far and am eager to see what happens next
Bioshock infinite was great. It's one of those rare games that was on my mind for about a week after I finished it. The only other games that had that impact was the first Bioshock, Mafia (PC, 2002), and Red Dead Redemption.

Finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 and ended up purchasing a used copy of the first Marvel: Ultimate Alliance just see what all the fuss was about. I definitely see why a lot of people preferred the first over the second. It's like the MUA2 took a slight step back as far as art direction and contemporary character models. There are some things in both, so far, that if combined, would make an excellent MUA game.

I'm sure I'll probably get around to finishing MUA but for now I've started Fallout 3.

Does anyone have any tips or advice about Fallout 3 they'd like to share?

bread's done
Back