The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Bioshock infinite was great. It's one of those rare games that was on my mind for about a week after I finished it. The only other games that had that impact was the first Bioshock, Mafia (PC, 2002), and Red Dead Redemption.

Finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 and ended up purchasing a used copy of the first Marvel: Ultimate Alliance just see what all the fuss was about. I definitely see why a lot of people preferred the first over the second. It's like the MUA2 took a slight step back as far as art direction and contemporary character models. There are some things in both, so far, that if combined, would make an excellent MUA game.

I'm sure I'll probably get around to finishing MUA but for now I've started Fallout 3.

Does anyone have any tips or advice about Fallout 3 they'd like to share?
That reminds me I have not finished the main campaign for red dead redemption but I did beat the undead nightmare campaign and I spent most of my time on multiplayer but I traded in my copy a while back......... I might go back to finish it one day.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any tips or advice about Fallout 3 they'd like to share?
If you're not playing the GOTY edition, be sure to read up on attributes and perks so you can plan ahead for how you want to build your character. If you have the GOTY edition, you will have 10 more levels to add skills and perks (30 instead of 20).

Of course I wanted my character to shoot everything it sees. I chose small guns, science and repair as my tag skills and tried to build them up quickly along with speech, sneak, medicine and lockpick. The rest of them I only put a few skill points into until later.

If you want to go more ninja melee style, I would focus on strength, endurance, perception and agility for main attributes and melee weapons, unarmed and sneak for skills.

To go the science nerd rout I would put most of my main attribute points into intelligence, charisma and luck with science, speech, medicine as tag skills.

Don't neglect skills for too long, when I got into the middle levels it was apparent small guns were not going to help me against stronger opponents. I started focusing on upping my skills in big guns, and energy weapons. (Note: energy weapons and big guns are not readily available early in the game.)

If you can find a game guide, it can help quite a bit. There are so many areas and so many things to find and interact with, you can spend hours in small areas.

Your karma can determine the direction of the story, keep that in mind when you decide to kill everyone in a town.

Let me know what direction you go!

I always play like I would in real life. Savior of the wasteland...but in new vegas being a good guy gets you vilified with a few factions.

I got the Sherlock Holmes game form the library today. It seems like it would be a low effort playthrough.

I have season 2 of walking dead, but I am not sure I am ready to play it yet. I played the first one and wolf among us, so I may be set on telltale games for a while.

With Destiny bieng such a time sink, i managed to knock out Fire Emblem: Awakening. Having played all portable titles, i fell like this one it's not worth replaying. Is it just me ? 

I just finished Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. It's now one of my favorite vita games but I don't like the way it ended though, I mean I kinda had a feeling on the things going on around the school but still some things that were revealed in the end surprised me. Monokuma was one of my favorites characters given his humor and the bad puns. BTW I loved the music that played every time he showed up, really catchy tune and it's been stuck in my head now lol.  I'm glad I'm done with the game so that now I can get started on watching the anime.

Hey CAG, I'm almost ready to start my 10 day vacation from school and even though I have a day job that will free up a lot of time in the evenings.I'm thinking about hitting up one of two platformers that I never finished.

Banjo Kazzoie- I played the crap out of this as a kid but I never finished it.

Super Mario Sunshine- I never owned a gamecube and even though I had a Wii early on I never touched the Gamecube functionality for years. So yes I have never played this game.

What do you good folks recommend?

Hey CAG, I'm almost ready to start my 10 day vacation from school and even though I have a day job that will free up a lot of time in the evenings.I'm thinking about hitting up one of two platformers that I never finished.

Banjo Kazzoie- I played the crap out of this as a kid but I never finished it.

Super Mario Sunshine- I never owned a gamecube and even though I had a Wii early on I never touched the Gamecube functionality for years. So yes I have never played this game.

What do you good folks recommend?
I'm not sure if Banjo holds up (but I am not a N64 fan). I'd go with sunshine.

I just beat danganronpa 2, really good game its on par with the first game. Well anyway going to take a break from playing anything else, there  are a few things I need to focus on right now but I was glad i was able to finish the game and cant wait for the next one thats coming out in September.

WOW, been a long time since I've been here.

I recently finished HarmoKnight (the only game I've finished besides Capt Toad this year). The gameplay in regular levels is great but the boss battles suck and I wish the music was better. But overall its a nice pick up and play game and recommend it if you have 300 coins to spend on Club Nintendo.

Now, Imma beat the two Mighty Switch Force games I got thanks to the eShop sale since they look fun and short.

How was the Order? I was thinking about Redboxing it for a day or two and tear through it.
Even though it's been two weeks since you asked, it's not bad. It looks beautiful, but it is short. There are a few things I am disappointed about that would be huge spoilers if I mentioned them, but there was just one thing I couldn't believe they did and it just didn't sit well with me. I totally think The Order is worth redboxing. I actually didn't mind buying it full price(GCU $47.99+Tax) and trading it back for $33.

I finished AC Rogue and even though it's not a "backlog" sort of thing I got the final trophy in Playstation home which required me to log in for 50 different days.

I finished AC R. ue and even though it's not a "backlog" sort of thing I got the final trophy in Playstation home which required me to log in for 50 different days.
Log in 50 days? It doesn't sound like an achievement, more like a pain in the ass. It didn't have to be consecutive days, did it?

I'm not sure if Banjo holds up (but I am not a N64 fan). I'd go with sunshine.
I could never get into Sunshine, though I did love both of the Galaxy games. Maybe if Sunshine gets an HD remake one day I'll give it another try and see if my opinion has changed over the years.

I've just completed playing all available characters in Talisman: Prologue (22 hours of gameplay, more than I expected, surprisingly). Moving on the the multiplayer Talisman Digital Edition next!

One down, 14 more to go for my personal target in 2015.

Still working on Fallout 3, at level 20 rank wise and on picking up the trail for main quest. At this rate I may finish by the time snow next hits the ground. I may need to re-think my backlog.

Speaking of which, I have put much of my retro collection in storage. I label the containers so I know what is in them. I took a couple of totes with NES systems and controllers on Saturday. I put them on the cart and wheel them in. I noticed the kid at the desk was trying to see the labels (i turn them away from the desk but he he held the door open for me). On the way out he asked if I had NES in them. It makes me nervous that he knows what I have in there, even if he is the owners nephew. I have thousands of dollars worth of games in there. It is a indoors climate control storage but that still doesn't mean they couldn't be shady.

Do any of you insure your collections?

Still working on Fallout 3, at level 20 rank wise and on picking up the trail for main quest. At this rate I may finish by the time snow next hits the ground. I may need to re-think my backlog.

Speaking of which, I have put much of my retro collection in storage. I label the containers so I know what is in them. I took a couple of totes with NES systems and controllers on Saturday. I put them on the cart and wheel them in. I noticed the kid at the desk was trying to see the labels (i turn them away from the desk but he he held the door open for me). On the way out he asked if I had NES in them. It makes me nervous that he knows what I have in there, even if he is the owners nephew. I have thousands of dollars worth of games in there. It is a indoors climate control storage but that still doesn't mean they couldn't be shady.

Enjoy seeing your stuff for the last time.

I finally finished Dead Island Riptide. I played through the entire game coop with my friend and we started it in back in August it finally over the last two days we hammered it out. I may try to do a little bit of trophy clean up because I am closing in on 6k total trophies soon, but I may just want to move on to other backlog games.

I don't use storage space for this very reason. Most likely he is keeping a mental note, so he knows what unit he wants if you miss a payment. I think the owner can just keep everything if you default and it is independently owned. If it is a chain, they auction it off to recoup fees. I think this is correct, but I am not positive.

I don't use storage space for this very reason. Most likely he is keeping a mental note, so he knows what unit he wants if you miss a payment. I think the owner can just keep everything if you default and it is independently owned. If it is a chain, they auction it off to recoup fees. I think this is correct, but I am not positive.
I stay ahead on payments, April is already taken care of. There would be no excuse for theft since it's indoors and only open when someone is present (unless the entire building is cleared out). Don't really have a choice, looking for a new home because the current place is too small (and want a better place). I want to sell off a decent portion of it but just don't have the time because of work.

I finished The Crew. Overall decent game, but the few annoying missions that the game has are really really annoying. Time to trade it in to BB for 17+40%

If you're not playing the GOTY edition, be sure to read up on attributes and perks so you can plan ahead for how you want to build your character. If you have the GOTY edition, you will have 10 more levels to add skills and perks (30 instead of 20).

Of course I wanted my character to shoot everything it sees. I chose small guns, science and repair as my tag skills and tried to build them up quickly along with speech, sneak, medicine and lockpick. The rest of them I only put a few skill points into until later.

If you want to go more ninja melee style, I would focus on strength, endurance, perception and agility for main attributes and melee weapons, unarmed and sneak for skills.

To go the science nerd rout I would put most of my main attribute points into intelligence, charisma and luck with science, speech, medicine as tag skills.

Don't neglect skills for too long, when I got into the middle levels it was apparent small guns were not going to help me against stronger opponents. I started focusing on upping my skills in big guns, and energy weapons. (Note: energy weapons and big guns are not readily available early in the game.)

If you can find a game guide, it can help quite a bit. There are so many areas and so many things to find and interact with, you can spend hours in small areas.

Your karma can determine the direction of the story, keep that in mind when you decide to kill everyone in a town.

Let me know what direction you go!
Thanks for the advice! I do have the GotY edition and noticed the points. I usually go for more of the warrior style of character when playing RPGs so I've decided to be more of a shooter than anything else. I was almost about to call it quits until I made it out of the vault which, might I add, is one of the best experiences I've every witnessed in gaming. Looking out in the distance I couldn't help but wonder how big the map is. Right now I'm on a mission for one of the brothel girls from Megaton - she wanted me to deliver a message to her family in another town. I'm not that far in but you are definitely right about spending a lot of time in small places. I've spent almost 5 hours in Magaton before leaving, just talking to the people and gathering info.

THIS! So far I can see myself getting lost in Fallout 3 for hours and days and weeks. When I think about some of the other time sink games in my backlog:

Witcher 2

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

Skyrim: Legendary Edition

Dragon's Dogma

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning Returns

Ni No Kuni

Dragon Age 2

and the 100+ games that I have yet to play - don't know how I will be able to accomplish such a task.

Yeah, it's going to be awhile before you can complete that. You will run into other quests that can be completed before you finish that one. I have about 10 different missions in my queue, may not do some in this playthrough. Already decided to do another game as an evil character ( will probably be an easier playthrough).

Thanks for the advice! I do have the GotY edition and noticed the points. I usually go for more of the warrior style of character when playing RPGs so I've decided to be more of a shooter than anything else. I was almost about to call it quits until I made it out of the vault which, might I add, is one of the best experiences I've every witnessed in gaming. Looking out in the distance I couldn't help but wonder how big the map is. Right now I'm on a mission for one of the brothel girls from Megaton - she wanted me to deliver a message to her family in another town. I'm not that far in but you are definitely right about spending a lot of time in small places. I've spent almost 5 hours in Magaton before leaving, just talking to the people and gathering info.

THIS! So far I can see myself getting lost in Fallout 3 for hours and days and weeks. When I think about some of the other time sink games in my backlog:

Witcher 2

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

Skyrim: Legendary Edition

Dragon's Dogma

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning Returns

Ni No Kuni

Dragon Age 2

and the 100+ games that I have yet to play - don't know how I will be able to accomplish such a task.
I highly recommend Ni No Kuni! It was one of the best RPGs I played last year. It's not terribly long either, I think I beat the main story in about 25 hours.

I've found that I don't have patience for rpgs as an adult. Maybe I was into them when I was younger because there were less games to choose from.

I was thinking about starting the dragon age series and it took me over a 3 hours and several days just to change my ea account to an origin account and link my psn with my social account to get the free dlc. (I still don't think my original EA account completely transferred over.) What a PITA. I hate digital stuff. I think I spend more time trying to find it, than I do playing most games. I have a feeling this game will take a while, so I may wait until April to start it.

Yeah, it's going to be awhile before you can complete that. You will run into other quests that can be completed before you finish that one. I have about 10 different missions in my queue, may not do some in this playthrough. Already decided to do another game as an evil character ( will probably be an easier playthrough).
Ok so here's a question:

Is there any way of knowing what quests my character would be capable of tackling? I'm trying to avoid spending time traveling all the way somewhere because the quest sounds easy only to find out that I needed to bring my character to a certain level and skill set.

Is there anyway of knowing this without a guide?

Ok so here's a question:

Is there any way of knowing what quests my character would be capable of tackling? I'm trying to avoid spending time traveling all the way somewhere because the quest sounds easy only to find out that I needed to bring my character to a certain level and skill set.

Here is how you play fallout games: Walk in one direction and discover locations. You can be "well rested" by sleeping in your own or a paid bed. If you see a creature with long claws, run away. Fallout 3 is a little more forgiving if you enter the wrong town. I just walk around and open everything. You want strong back or whatever perk pops up that allows you to carry more stuff. If you have the goty it can be confusing because all of the quests pop up in the beginning.

Ok so here's a question:

Short answer, no. You can go anywhere you want to , but it will be difficult early on. I just suggest exploring near Megaton until you gain experience. Use the fast travel when you can and try to complete "power of the Atom" as soon as you can so you have a place to store items and sleep to heal.

Also, I started off using a guide, but it takes away from the experience. I now only consult the guide when I'm completely stuck.

I've found that I don't have patience for rpgs as an adult. Maybe I was into them when I was younger because there were less games to choose from.
I also think its just we've seen it all at one point so everything feels like a rerun. I also think now that our time is more important to us on top of back logs makes it a bit worse. like 999 I have no interest in running through it a minimum of 3 times as 1 is enough for me to write it off.

Since I last posted I beat .hack g.u. vol 2 and now I'm working on digital devil saga. On castle fortress #4 and just starting to get tier 3 spells. Crap is so ridiculously expensive meanwhile ap wise i'm finally earning at a decent if a little too fast rate. Only just got gale and I already have all the 1-3k abilities so all thats left is one 4k and then I'll have to wait till I have the cash and near a save to grab a 10k one of which he only has 2-3 left I think as I already taught him electric and wind.

meanwhile I bought even more games thanks to the flash sale.

Hey guys, first post in this thread. I've been trying to clear out my backlog a bit, and I started with my Fire Emblem games. Turned out to be a bad idea, since after playing FE: Awakening and Fire Emblem (on the Wii U virtual console), I got the urge to track down the other games. I already had Radiant Dawn, and then I traded with some CAGs to get Shadow Dragon and then Path of Radiance (en route!) So the only other one that I need is Fire Emblem: Sacred Stone.... right?

I've looked it up a bit, and to my knowledge, I believe there are only six games that have been released in the USA:

Fire Emblem (GBA)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stone (GBA)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (GC)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

These are the only ones I can currently play, right? I know Fire Emblem (GBA) is a prequel to a game that stars Roy of Smash Bros fame, but I couldn't figure out what game that is, but I'm pretty sure it's Japanese only? Which I found odd, since Roy was in Smash here in the USA, but I honestly have no clue. All of my info comes from wiki's, but figured CAG must have a Fire Emblem expert on here. I'd love to play whatever game has Roy as the protagonist, but I'm not willing to import or play via illegal methods. Anyone that has any advice on finishing p the series, I'd really appreciate it! 

Hey guys, first post in this thread. I've been trying to clear out my backlog a bit, and I started with my Fire Emblem games. Turned out to be a bad idea, since after playing FE: Awakening and Fire Emblem (on the Wii U virtual console), I got the urge to track down the other games. I already had Radiant Dawn, and then I traded with some CAGs to get Shadow Dragon and then Path of Radiance (en route!) So the only other one that I need is Fire Emblem: Sacred Stone.... right?

I've looked it up a bit, and to my knowledge, I believe there are only six games that have been released in the USA:

Fire Emblem (GBA)

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stone (GBA)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (GC)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

These are the only ones I can currently play, right? I know Fire Emblem (GBA) is a prequel to a game that stars Roy of Smash Bros fame, but I couldn't figure out what game that is, but I'm pretty sure it's Japanese only? Which I found odd, since Roy was in Smash here in the USA, but I honestly have no clue. All of my info comes from wiki's, but figured CAG must have a Fire Emblem expert on here. I'd love to play whatever game has Roy as the protagonist, but I'm not willing to import or play via illegal methods. Anyone that has any advice on finishing p the series, I'd really appreciate it!
Fire emblem sealed sword is #6 and came out before blazing blade #7 aka gba. it has a fan translation i played it with.

Late edit but I think some of the others have fan translations as well. As for my opinion on sealed sword it was pretty meh and had some of the worst recruitment requirements next to blazing blade though luckily not nearly as many. Main issue I had was the units are mostly terrible outside diek early on. Some can get better like sailor mercury but many have such low stats that its hard to use them. Stats are much lower than in other fire emblems especially near non existent magic resistance and defense which make things harder.

The biggest thing though was Blonde paladin who's name escapes me percival? He is the most annoying fricken recruitment steps ever due to the character needed being a dancer and the limited number of turns to get to him the first time. Second time I don't think he leaves but with all the enemies near him even if you recruit the guy somehow the other enemies will kill your dancer and other units. You have to lure him close enough so the dancer can talk to him. And I think you can't recruit him if you pick the male bard either :/

I've been playing Fallout 3 for most of the weekend and I must say - IM HOOKED!

There are certain games that intimidate me.  Fallout 3 was one of them.  The size and scope, and all of the hours people say they have put into the game made me a little nervous.  I honestly didn't want to start this game and I was (as I've said before) going to quit just while I was in the vault.  I felt overwhelmed.    

The advice you guys gave as well as some good tips for beginners around the web REALLY helped!

So far I'm at level 5.  I've put most of my skill points towards small guns, science, repair, medicine, and lock picking.  My perks so far are education, comprehension, gun nut, and daddy's boy.

I have a place to stay in Megaton, did a mission to the super market for Moira's wasteland guide, looted and sold a lot of stuff, went to Rivet City for a bobble head.  Now I'm going through The Pitt DLC.  So far I've
conquered the hole and now I'm on my way to meet Ashur.

Thanks again for the tips!

I haven't even touched any of the DLC content yet. The amount of time I can play has shrank considerably in the past few months due to work obligations.

Making nice progress in digital devil saga.  Got the 5th party member and all thats left are the brutes and wolves as far as I know.  Now I just gotta grind cielo up so he's caught up to everyone else.  What sucks is that since heat was gone for so long he's 8 or so levels behind everyone else :/

No spoilers! I think I still have to do the pitt. lol (maybe not, I can't remember)
Sorry about that. Not really a spoiler but I edited the post in case some people would want to go in not knowing anything.

I haven't even touched any of the DLC content yet. The amount of time I can play has shrank considerably in the past few months due to work obligations.
I feel your pain. I was lucky to get this weekend.

For those who have the GotY version and are starting to play for the first time or you have restarted as a new character I HIGHLY recommend going to The Pitt early on, at least when you reach level 4 or 5. I finished it last night and now I have access to something that is REALLY going to help for the rest of the game.

There is a YouTube video I found that suggested going to The Pitt early on. The title is: Fallout 3 Beginner's Guide posted by YOGSCAST Will. It contains sequences from The Pitt dlc but nothing that spoils the story - which is done very well might i add! Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIW1fBdKwq0

They have another video, Fallout 3 Perfect Character Guide, that gives some good advice on how to start off with a grounded character while not holding your hand all the way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7vvH2_1Zt4

finished off the wolves and brutes so now all that is left is optional bosses and the final dungeon.  Gonna take on beelzebub first.

lets see I haven't really beaten anything but I have mostly been playing pokemon shuffle and I am hooked right now  and I have also started the ace attorney trilogy and am hooked on it as well lol

Been busy finishing games that I bought from the last PSN Flash sale plus a few others.

Home
Noby Noby Boy
Truth or Lies
Sam & Max Beyond Time & Space
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Sam &Max: The Devils Playhouse
Tennis in the Face
Sniper Elite III
Dead Island Riptide
Monopoly Family Fun Pack

I think I am going to finish Texas Cheat Em tonight and then move on to Tales of Monkey Island.  Good job everyone! Keep taking it to the Backlogs!

I didn't have agidyne or resist elements on my characters besides main so I'm gonna likely skip the optional boss unless I get it over the course of the final dungeon.

FINISHED the main quest in Fallout 3!!

Wow what a ride!  I didn't even get to level 20 yet.  I'm going to replay it later because I would have liked to experience having the dog with me - didn't get a chance to do it.  Actually hadn't even thought about it until the second to last main quest mission.  

I'm thinking about taking a break before starting Broken Steel dlc.  There are rumors of a Fallout: Ultimate Collection coming soon and may be announced at E3 this year.  I might just wait for that.

Even though Demon's Souls and GTA IV: Ballad of Gay Tony are next on my list, I'm going to jump a little and play a LEGO game (need something to play that's less dark lol) - debating between Lord of the Rings or Marvel Super Heroes.

made it to the final boss in dds but its 3rd form was so cheap giving me the berserk like status ailment that you can't cure.  I think I'll give it one more shot or move on to the next game.

beat said final boss thanks to the rng goddess not crapping all over me like last time.  I have to say that is easily one of the worst boss battles in existence due to that status ailment.  1 game down 77 rpgs alone in my backlog to go.  Next up is fire emblem awakening as soon as my 3ds arrives.

Finished Texas Cheat Em and Tales of Monkey Island. Got a lot of homework to do the next few days, but then I am going to move on to Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishment or whatever its called.

I forgot that I was 2 trophies away from 100% in Speakeasy, which is a terrible terrible terrible game, but I got the last two trophies last night. 

Decided to go ahead and play LEGO Lord of the Rings.  This game is surprisingly ALOT of fun!  Much better than LEGO Batman 2.

Ok so I need some advice....again. 

For me, a person who enjoyed playing RPGs like:

KotOR

Jade Empire

Fallout 3

Mass Effect

and enjoyed overcoming the challenge of games like

Devil May Cry 3

Ninja Gaiden: Black

Dead Rising

Would Demon's Souls or any of the Souls games be worth the time? 

currently on chapter 10 for fe awakening.  Supports are significantly easier to get in this which is nice plus they don't require wasting a turn talking during battle.  equipment is super varied this time around and I love all the freebies the game gives you.  Only negatives are class changing is locked to a rare item where as it was free in shadow dragon, only a handful of skills are worth picking up in comparison to path of radiance, money is kinda tight so forgings pretty out of the question.   Bullion farming could be a hell of alot easier if the units who got the skill didn't have crappy luck stats.  

Also sad that it doesn't allow skill swapping like radiant dawn as that was one of the only things that game did right.

Well my schedule at work finally changed so I can sit down with games for an extended amount of time and so I finally finished

Valiant Hearts &

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc 

Now working on The Last of US and Persona 4 Golden

still busy here and there but I am slowly progressing in the ace attorney trilogy. The current case I am on is turnabout goodbye and I am enjoying it so far.

bread's done
Back