The CAG List of the Best Games on Nintendo DS! Nominate games for July voting!!

[quote name='UltimoRey']I would add Tony Hawk: American Sk8land, it's really good. Best skating game I've played. It is an older game though.[/quote]
I would have to second this. It wasn't really on everyone's radar but an excellent game nonetheless.

Category names have been shuffled around a little bit. Space Invaders Extreme added to shooters (should it be action??)

Did everyone take advantage of the TRU B2G1F sale??

[quote name='LeafPanda']Luminous Arc has zero votes....
Donde esta SRPG fans?[/quote]

fuck luminous arc. add FFTA2 to the list OP.

Luminous Arc < FFTA2

[quote name='banpeikun']okay POT is in!![/quote]
Mmmm... I like me some POT.

I really think Crystal Drive is one of the best sports titles for the DS (if you don't include Kart racing as a sport). It just had so many characters, special shots, and the whole super mode added a new strategy into play.

Though I cannot say the same for the newer PoT game, which is basically a tennis coach sim.

[quote name='Alastor']I second FFTA2.

And we need one more person to vote for TWEWY :)[/quote]

since you backed up my game, I guess i'll do likewise

+1 for TWEWY

I'll vote for Luminous Arc for the Love it or Hate it category. I liked it enough to play all the way through, but... oh man. The story, voice acting, and dialogue was generally atrocious.

It had an awkward experience system, too, and very poorly done menus that made it hard to buy new items for and equip your entire party quickly. Really obnoxious.

I'm optimistic about the sequel. But with FFTA2 and Disgaea coming out, it's hard to include this in the best-of RPG list.

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land... I enjoyed it and was impressed they crammed it all into a DS cart, but it's definitely a fan-of-the-series type game. It didn't do anything different, and had an even lamer 'story' mode.

Am I the only one who really loved TH's Downhill Jam? Now THAT was a nice spin on the series, since it combines the arcade-style controls and insane combos with racing against other skaters. I couldn't put it down.

[quote name='johnnypark']I'll vote for Luminous Arc for the Love it or Hate it category. I liked it enough to play all the way through, but... oh man. The story, voice acting, and dialogue was generally atrocious.

It had an awkward experience system, too, and very poorly done menus that made it hard to buy new items for and equip your entire party quickly. Really obnoxious.

I'm optimistic about the sequel. But with FFTA2 and Disgaea coming out, it's hard to include this in the best-of RPG list.

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land... I enjoyed it and was impressed they crammed it all into a DS cart, but it's definitely a fan-of-the-series type game. It didn't do anything different, and had an even lamer 'story' mode.

Am I the only one who really loved TH's Downhill Jam? Now THAT was a nice spin on the series, since it combines the arcade-style controls and insane combos with racing against other skaters. I couldn't put it down.[/quote]
Luminous Arc 2: Will is no let down. But man you are like that dude on Zero Punctuation you made me hate the game I cherished. I still like it though.

[quote name='johnnypark']I'll vote for Luminous Arc for the Love it or Hate it category. I liked it enough to play all the way through, but... oh man. The story, voice acting, and dialogue was generally atrocious.

[/quote]It sounds like you hated it, haha.

[quote name='LeafPanda']So I want to switch it to the Love or Hate category[/quote]

Which I'll gladly cast a vote for. I enjoyed the combat and battles, so I suffered through everything else.

And, I should have made my other post more clear, I wanted to nominate TH Downhill Jam, although with the lack of response from others I don't know if it's gonna make it.

BTW it's good to see this thread finally stickied!

[quote name='Johnny2900']I also vote for TWEWY oh and is there any nominations for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword if not then I'll nominate it![/quote]Actually they're both in already (under RPG and action respectively)

I would suggest adding Lunar Knights to the list. I think that it's a great game that has been overlooked.

There isn't a section for word games but I'd suggest including WordJong in the "misc" category.

Tons of puzzles, beautifully designed, fairly challenging, and really fucking addictive. Plus: online multiplayer!

[quote name='mickeyp']I like Wordjong

I also think Soul bubbles is really fun[/quote]

I love Soul Bubbles...still making my way through it but there's so much I admire about that game.

Would it be possible for me to second both Lunar Knights and Luminous Arc? I really liked both of those. Also I'd like to nominate Summon Night: Twin Age.

[quote name='rainking187']Would it be possible for me to second both Lunar Knights and Luminous Arc? I really liked both of those. Also I'd like to nominate Summon Night: Twin Age.[/quote]Summon Night seconded.

Should I go ahead and re-nominate some games that were passed by when I didn't notice we were doing voting?

okay, just updated the op with all kinds of votes and nominations. now up for vote are wordjong, soul bubbles, and summon night. luminous arc is in under strategy.

bread's done
Back