The CAG Wrestling Thread is Trending Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='KaneRobot']Mildly considering going to a bar that's only about 6 miles away to watch the Rumble. Never actually watched a (WWE) PPV at the bar before.[/QUOTE]

There's a brodude bar in downtown Philly that shows the PPVs. I've thought about going before because the people watching when you're in a pro wrestling crowd is fucking *choice*.

But Sunday nights are chill at my house and prep for classes night, so I didn't go tonight. Maybe after mid-May...

Yeah, stayed home and went the illicit route. Weather is kind of shitty so it wasn't worth the effort. Man this show has seemed like a Raw or Smackdown with all the random unnannounced throwaway matches and video packages.

Funniest thing I've seen since Jericho's jacket speaking for him on WWE.com would be Alex Riley saying "YEAH! GOIN' TO WRESTLEMANIA!" when he walked out at the #2 spot.

HEY CODY JUST POINTED TO THE WRESTLEMANIA SIGN WITHOUT WINNING WHAT THE fuck

Well, I'll give 'em credit for letting a guy win that wasn't expected, but I don't think people are going to remember this as one of the better Rumble matches.

Remember implies after the fact. Sitting right now, it was one of the biggest letdowns in Rumble history.

It pays to carry Triple H's bags.

The chat room was much more fun than that pile of shit rumble match :)

Edit: But I gotta admit that the Foley-Santino bit was very funny.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']The chat room was much more fun than that pile of shit rumble match :)[/QUOTE]

It typically is. Yay Kharma, boo everything else. I'm good with Jericho putting over younger talent, but there's no rhyme or reason for having Sheamus win. Maybe if he had a decent story going with someone.

I'll write up some more detailed thoughts tomorrow, but quickly...

That was odd. I can't help but feel that it was the Russo-esque 'swerve for no other reason but SWERVE' type of booking. Orton had very little showing, I feel like this wasted Jericho's return, and Sheamus... well, I have no idea how Sheamus fits in the WM plans. I'll think on it a bit, but I do vaguely feel like they went with Sheamus just because everyone was so fucking certain it was going to be Orton or Jericho.

Unrelated, but having Show unceremoniously dump Miz and Rhodes rubbed me the wrong way. For as much as they built them in that match, the fact that their eliminations weren't even really mentioned was bizarre.

Oh, and glad to see that 'every sooperstar!' thing was basically meaningless. Hooray.

They just killed the entirety of Jericho's return buildup to put someone in a WM main event match who does not deserve a WM main event match, nor someone who will do anything positive for PPV sales in a WM main event match.

I guess Sheamus winning works because they have Cena/Rock and UT's *probable* final match to take over the title match spot(s).

I did get a laugh out of Mick Foley, a guy who hasn't been an full-time wrestler in the WWE for almost 12 years eliminate both halves of the tag champs. I wonder if that has ever happened before?

[quote name='007']

Unrelated, but having Show unceremoniously dump Miz and Rhodes rubbed me the wrong way. For as much as they built them in that match, the fact that their eliminations weren't even really mentioned was bizarre.
[/QUOTE]

Same with Ziggler

biggest pop at my house was Orton being eliminated because no one here can stand him. And not in the heel heat way, the "we're tired of seeing you not job, not sell, and bury people GTFO" way.

Duggan was gold too, he's always great to see.

I really didn't understand the finish though. I think Sheamus would've come out looking just as good if he lost, by holding his own against Jericho. But the thought of him main eventing WM is a let down.

I just don't understand their thought process. I mean, really? Lawler? I get Booker, and Cole for Kharma to beat up on, but why use guys like Duggan or Lawler and not use fresh faces, like Funkasaurus? If they're all getting thrown out anyway, what the fuck?

"WWE Tag Team Champions or WWE Enhancement Talent?" is a game I think I'd like to start developing.

I'd rather have seen Twitter win the Rumble match than Sheamus.

Says something about the guy when a mega babyface wins, and everyone hates it. St. Louis was *huge* for Orton and Jericho, and they gave the win to the glass-of-warm-milk-before-bedtime fella.

Pun(s) fully intended.

[quote name='mykevermin']They just killed the entirety of Jericho's return buildup to put someone in a WM main event match who does not deserve a WM main event match, nor someone who will do anything positive for PPV sales in a WM main event match.[/QUOTE]

This. You can tell that the writers struggled with which way to go by making Jericho and Sheamus the last two entrants, and I bet they immediately regretted their decision when Sheamus won and it was met with Boo'ing.

Sheamus vs. DB at WM? Really? They didn't want Jericho to win and go up against CM Punk? I mean, granted, that may still happen, but now Jericho will just be the guy with the failed return versus the champ instead of the Rumble winner.

I don't get why they keep doing this - they build, they build, they build, then they fall short. Every time. Do they think it'll keep people coming back? It pisses everyone off. The fans that have stuck with the product for a while will stick around, but the more recent fans won't.

And speaking of building to disappointment, Kane and Cena had no resolution tonight, and he's got to start building a program with The Rock in a few weeks. The *only* way I can think they can shift this is maybe Cena realizes he needs outside help and tries to form some sort of alliance with The Rock, only to have The Rock turn on him at the next PPV, but even that sounds extremely ridiculous. I can't think of a way to properly end this Kane thing on time without making someone look like a fool.

Wow, I've ordered every Royal Rumble since 1998 and for the first time I've felt like I've wasted my money.

The only problem I have with Sheamus winning who does he go after? He doesn't have anything against Punk of DB does he?

I've been having a hard time staying interested in WWE, Jericho's return helped a little, but they really killed that.

I think the crowds are fairly into Sheamus - but like others have said - he's been beating on Jinder Mahal for a month and wasn't doing much before that since he turned.

[quote name='Scorch']
And speaking of building to disappointment, Kane and Cena had no resolution tonight, and he's got to start building a program with The Rock in a few weeks. The *only* way I can think they can shift this is maybe Cena realizes he needs outside help and tries to form some sort of alliance with The Rock, only to have The Rock turn on him at the next PPV, but even that sounds extremely ridiculous. I can't think of a way to properly end this Kane thing on time without making someone look like a fool.[/QUOTE]

Cena's going to end up destroying Kane at the PPV, be slightly dickish towards the Rock in the buildup to Mania and then go right back to normal after.

They don't have the balls to have him do the Austin/Rock Wrestlemania 18 ending with Cena.

I wouldn't call it "balls" (and not just because that's a tired phrase).

Remember the Austin heel turn? It was *terrible*.

It's apples-oranges, since people already hate Cena, however. They want to boo the hell out of him.

Speaking of which, many of us did enjoy Cena at one point. I watched this the other night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy4YTTWlr8E

And again with the "Oh you didn't know?! You ____ better CALL somebody!"

If the show had decent matches besides that it would probably be passable, but with Kane/Cena being a non-finish and two total filler matches with the women and Brodus, I'd be pretty goddamn annoyed if I paid 10 bucks for this show let alone 50 or whatever it is now. I understand the need to keep Kane strong since he's still on his comeback push and to not have Cena lose with the buildup to Mania, but it's still a non-finish.

Have a feeling they'll find a way to do something with Sheamus' title shot between now and Wrestlemania. They'll either have someone steal it from him or more likely make it a 3-way at Mania.

One thing that concerns me is that this marks the third year in a row that the Rumble has been meaningless for the 'money' matches of WM. Since WM25, the WHC title match has dropped down to third place, after the WWE title match and whatever Taker is doing. So, for 26, Edge wins and faces Jericho. Not a bad idea on paper, but terribly executed. (SPEAR!). That aside, it was easily the third 'main event' after Cena/Batista and HBK/Taker 2. For 27, Del Rio wins and 'main events' by CURTAIN-JERKING. Now, this year, Sheamus is basically guaranteed to go after whoever the WHC champion is, which I'll put money on it being the first match again. WWE seems to be telling us that the Rumble is meaningless... the matches we give a shit about don't 'need' it.

Someone mentioned it, but the other huge problem here is that Sheamus has been treading water for months. They've done nothing with him, and now he's suddenly thrust into Mania when there are at least 5 other people (Bryan, Show, Henry, Orton, Barrett) that make more of a logical case to be in the WHC match. On top of that, they used Jericho's momentum to HUGELY put Sheamus over. It's not like he fluked into it... that was a 'look at this guy go!' showing.

I don't know... I'll be honest, I didn't completely hate this PPV. It entertained me enough that I won't completely trash it, but it contained some of the most bizarre fucking booking WWE has ever turned out.

It's almost like the they took the wrong exit on the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA! #michaelcole

[quote name='mykevermin']I wouldn't call it "balls" (and not just because that's a tired phrase).

It's apples-oranges, since people already hate Cena, however. They want to boo the hell out of him.

Speaking of which, many of us did enjoy Cena at one point. I watched this the other night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy4YTTWlr8E[/QUOTE]
3 People in that video are dead, that's nuts.

[quote name='silentevil']3 People in that video are dead, that's nuts.[/QUOTE]

and 2 of the other ones in there are Matt and Jeff Hardy.

I don't get the throwaway Rumble entries.. those being Lawler, Cole, Jay Uso, Alex Riley, Justin Gabriel, etc.. They wanted big names.. look at the trainers and road agents. Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, Billy Kidman, IRS.. hell, even Sean Waltman is a talent scout. Do you know how hard I would've marked if ANY of those people came out? ESPECIALLY Arn Anderson or Dean Malenko. I'm pretty sure my head would've exploded if Dean Malenko had come out.

Just imagine the buzzer, then:

(because his WCW theme is miles better than his WWE theme)

Also, in doing my research for road agents and trainers, I just found out that Lex Luger is a wellness policy consultant for WWE. wut?

If they hadn't already teased HHH/Taker a while back I'd sure think they were going to do 'Taker/Kane III.

Not too long ago I read an idea a fan came up with that I actually liked...the idea was basically have HHH do a promo about the third time being the charm for him against Undertaker at 'Mania. Lights out...chokeslam, Kane wipes out HHH and says the third time will be the charm...for him. Lights go out...superkick on Kane from Michaels, who says third time is the charm for him. Wrestlemania match is set with the theme being the three guys who have been his toughest WM opponents are all in the same match.

I don't like the idea of Shawn coming back since he's had a respectable retirement, but I can't say I hate the idea either. Even just the HHH & Kane verison would be fine, they're going to have to do something different to make the match a little more appealing. I liked the match last year but I do NOT want to see it again no matter what they think they have up their sleeves.

[quote name='mykevermin']I wouldn't call it "balls" (and not just because that's a tired phrase).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy4YTTWlr8E[/QUOTE]

Yes, its a tired phrase - but I mean they should at least book it with some risk involved - Cena should not come out on the other side the same guy. He doesn't need to be a full blown heel but he needs to get a bit of an edge back.

I hope that is where all of this Kane bullshit is going but I have serious doubts. I never want to hear him say "...but I respect your right to do so" in a promo ever again.

I think we're forgetting that Christian is bound to return from injury soon. I would not be against a triple threat match with Sheamus, DB, and Christian at WM.

Oh and Ricardo stole the f'n show.

I like Sheamus, and was happy to see him win the rumble. I, of course, wanted Barrett to win it, but I knew that logically, with Orton returning, it wasn't going to happen. The way to remedy that? 3-way at Elimination chamber. Orton/Barrett/Sheamus (From what I recall, Sheamus and Barrett have been going at each other a little bit.) Have Barrett win it, and go on to face Daniel Bryan, or whoever the World Champion is at Mania, and win, of course. The Barrett Barrage should culminate in a Wrestlemania win. If that doesn't pan out, have Barrett win MitB, and cash it in that same night after the title match and win it.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I like Sheamus, and was happy to see him win the rumble. I, of course, wanted Barrett to win it, but I knew that logically, with Orton returning, it wasn't going to happen. The way to remedy that? 3-way at Elimination chamber. Orton/Barrett/Sheamus (From what I recall, Sheamus and Barrett have been going at each other a little bit.) Have Barrett win it, and go on to face Daniel Bryan, or whoever the World Champion is at Mania, and win, of course. The Barrett Barrage should culminate in a Wrestlemania win. If that doesn't pan out, have Barrett win MitB, and cash it in that same night after the title match and win it.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think anyone is buying a ticket to see World Champion Wade Barrett? C'mon man, that's like saying people are lining up to see World Champion Sheamus, which you could tell how popular that decision was by the crowd reaction tonight.

[quote name='xilly']Do you really think anyone is buying a ticket to see World Champion Wade Barrett? C'mon man, that's like saying people are lining up to see World Champion Sheamus, which you could tell how popular that decision was by the crowd reaction tonight.[/QUOTE]
I'd buy a ticket for that. But, done through Money in the Bank, it can be a good thing. MitB is usually a launching pad for better things. Bigger pops, ticket/merch sales, etc. It helped Punk get to where he is, helped Edge break through to main eventer status. Pushed RVD into the main event, if even for a short period of time (but let's be real, RVD is going to be popular no matter what.) and gave Del Rio alot more popularity. There's really only 2 people it didn't work for. Jack Swagger (sadly) and Ken Kennedy (due to injury.) I think going the route of having Barrett win MitB and cashing the same night on Orton (who would have to have beaten Sheamus at EC in a stipulation match) and win would really put him over. Of course, I'm just a huge Barrett mark, so I'm mainly just projecting my hopes into it. Kinda like what I did with Punk a few years back.

Ain't gonna lie: I thought Jericho should have won (after the eliminations of Rhodes and Ziggler).

Interesting night. Short matches. Lots of video packages. If I had bought the PPV, I would be disappointed. They could have cut out half of those video packages and put more time into the matches—especially Danielson-Henry-Show.

Never been a fan of Sheamus outside of his hilarious feud with Santino. I think the silence by the crowd during Sheamus' celebration is pretty telling.

Sheamus won?!

Oh come-the-fuck-on!

Currently on tap: Daniel Bryan Vs Sheamus (which I'm pretty sure was the non-televised match at WM last year) or CM Punk Vs Sheamus (two faces and they have ZERO back story).

Seriously, what's the best way to build up fucking SHEAMUS in a Title match at WM? Who could he possibly face?

This is the second-to-worst thing to happen to WM 28 since the rumor sprang up of them having another Money on the Bank Ladder match this year.

So, I'm thinking maybe Jericho/Taker at WM, but I dunno. All I do know is that it would be 6 billion times better than a Taker/HHH 3.

Wow, DB and Sheamus won? There goes my hopes of having Jericho winning the WHC against Big Show grudge match at Wrestlemania (the card doesn't really need to be stacked further) followed by a title unification "There can be only one...Best in the World" match against Punk at Extreme Rules in IL (would've blown the roof off, IL is a good crowd). Can you imagine the PPV buy rates?

In addition to pimping Charles Wright also returned to one of his other hobbies at WrestleReunion.

003.jpg

I can't think of anyone on the WWE roster I'd like to see Sheamus in a match with. It says a lot about your roster when one of the top faces is entirely unappealing against any other wrestler; it's one thing to want to see Cena turn heel and show a new side of his character, but it's entirely another to not care about Sheamus at all either way.

I'm not sure which was better: the Morrison barricade spot last year, or Kofi walking on his hands this year.

I had a thought during the match about Hunico getting thrown over, landing on the bike, riding it around the ring, and getting back in.

When that shitty car drove out, I thought ADR was back and his new gimmick was that he went broke during his hiatus. I kind of want to see more of Ricardo after tonight.

[quote name='Chase']Never been a fan of Sheamus outside of his hilarious feud with Santino. I think the silence by the crowd during Sheamus' celebration is pretty telling.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the massive pop when he won?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']This is the second-to-worst thing to happen to WM 28 since the rumor sprang up of them having another Money on the Bank Ladder match this year.[/QUOTE]

wat

I'll be honest, can't dislike Sheamus since he's Beaker's cousin. Eitherway the Rumble was more goofy fun if anything with alot of wasted spots (each of the announcers getting a shot), but still anything with Santino and Ricardo was goddamn gold.

First off, bringing MiTB back to WM and removing it as a PPV is a great idea.

Second, I feel that people are upset because no one here really called this.

I'm not too happy about it, but at the Smackdown taping two weeks ago I witnessed damn near every kid in the crowd pop for Sheamus and do his cross pose. The guy is over, despite what WWE has done with him recently. I can't be fully pissed at the outcome of this rumble. I don't think I've laughed harder or smiled more at this PPV than I have at anything WWE has produced in 6 months.

I went to the Rumble last night despite the fact I haven't enjoyed much of anything the WWE has done since summer. The Rumble was always my favorite PPV so i figured it would be a good time and impossible to mess up... boy was I wrong. It might have come across better on tv but personally i've never been more disappointed and bored at a live event (and i've been to some truly shitty events i.e. rosie vs. donald raw.)

At no point during the Rumble did it feel like anyone was really beating the odds or feeling any sense of drama. When Miz was in the Rumble for so long it didnt have the same feeling of Flair, Mysterio, HBK, etc doing it. One thing i noticed too was the ring never filled up at all and it seemed like the majority of guys who came in were only in for a couple of minutes before getting thrown out.

None of the stand a lone matches were worth the fuck either, punk/zigler was ok but wasn't even close to what i was expecting. The video packages were weird too, just a complete waste of time and money. I hate to be that guy but I don't think I'll ever attend another WWE event until drastic changes happen.

Holy Christmas crunch (sorry Myke), it's onetrackmind! Seeing him post In the wresing thread is bigger than any of the Rumble entries last night. Good to see you man!

Some more fully formed Rumble thoughts...

Like I said last night, I didn't hate this PPV. It had a good line-up, but nearly every match was hampered by bizarre booking. Not outright bad booking, but booking that just makes you go... huh?

To start with, as much as I don't want to admit this to you, WWE... I enjoy Brodus Clay. What I need you to understand, however, is that it's because of Clay's sheer charisma and devotion to this role and not your wonderful booking ideas (i.e., hit shuffle on WWE iPod. Boom. Gimmick'd.). I need to point out, though, that I'm already hit the point of diminishing returns with it. Give the man a feud now, or I'm out.

That 'Be a Star!' PSA? Eve might like to 'forget all the bad stuff people say', but the audience is just screaming "CHIN!".

Right, onto the actual stuff...

Apparently WWE has problems with 25th shows aside from the fact that they don't understand the word anniversary. Just like WM25, WWE managed to set-up a good angle that they rendered completely toothless to the point where it hampered the match. For WM25, it was the No DQ stipulation for HHH/Orton... for RR25, it was special referee Johnny Ace WHO IS BEING EVALUATED SOON OMG. Why? Why book it that way? They took what was a (albeit cliched) solid angle and completely scuttled it by announcing that HHH was basically going to fire Johnny Ace, forcing Ace to tow the line. That Raw got even more bizarre, since not only did they do that, but they also went ahead and blew their wad on Punk getting his hands on Ace. It just... from a booking standpoint, it makes no sense. It takes the drama away. It made the match stipulation meaningless, it made Ace a distraction from what was a decent match, and it promoted a guy for the show after the RR... which, classically, is a show that you don't need 'extra' surprises for. It's fucking baffling. My only hope is that this was rushed because they're going to dump this story tonight and move Punk on to something else... but I fear that's a slim chance, at best. I just can't see them dumping Johnny Ace yet.

Which, by the way, yes... I keep typing Johnny Ace so I don't have to spell that motherfucker's last name. I admit it.

Now, back to the HHH thing. One, is HHH evaluating Ace as Interim Raw GM or both jobs? Because, really, losing the Raw GM position isn't terrible when you have a VP job to fall back on. Just saying. Two, so, uh, HHH is the COO. He'll be at Raw to evaluate Johnny Ace. If I'm right here, WWE just informed us that the guy running the company has something BETTER TO DO THAN SHOW UP AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE. I mean, did no one think that through? Plus, if he was so concerned about Ace abusing his power, wouldn't it have been better to, I don't know, prevent him from interfering in the match in the first place? I know that wrestling has no place for logic, but this was a bit much for me. Again, HHH the hands-on COO, apparently didn't even attend the Royal Rumble. Three... which, really, is an extension of number two... again, logic has no place here, but HHH is concerned about Ace's abuse of power. Yet, apparently, HHH is totally okay with a guy running around with a chloroform glove, gravely injuring other wrestlers, and threatening to hurt women. You're right, Johnny Ace is totally the guy to be worried about. For fuck's sake, WWE.

Speaking of Kane, I don't even have the words to express how much I despise this storyline. First of all, why in the fuck would this match not have just been booked as a No DQ match for any reason other than 'creative isn't ready to end this and both guys can't take a loss'? Exactly. Just like WM25, this is a story that builds to a knock-down, drag-out brawl between two guys who want to hurt each other. To have a regular 'ol match just doesn't make any sense. So, we inevitably got the expected ending, which is a DQ finish with a heap of mid-card abuse for dessert. Again, logic, but why would Ryder even show up to the Rumble after that? Oh, and for those of you paying attention, let's realize the guy who they claimed had a kayfabe BROKEN BACK showed up to Rumble, but not the COO. I understand that they need Cena to look strong, but why do it at the expense of Ryder? Each passing week makes Ryder look terrible, it doesn't do anything for Kane, and it makes Cena look incompetent because he never sees it coming... or manages to show up just after things happen. I don't understand who this is helping. The other problem is that Ryder is too much of a cartoon to take seriously. I guess these are booking problems you run into when you notice that the person who has been your top guy for a decade has ABSOLUTELY ZERO kayfabe friends. Whoops.

As a sidenote, I'm completely over Ryder. As a mid-card comedy act, he's fine. Booking him in serious angles has killed any enjoyment.

I used to think Kane used yarn, but the red stuff in his costume appears to be shoe laces. I'm not sure that's better.

The Rumble match itself was completely indicative of the problem that WWE faces right now, but continues to put its fingers in its ears and 'nah, nah, nah, can't hear you'. How many main eventers were in that match? Four? Even then, that's counting people like Sheamus, which is a stretch. WWE's roster is thin, which the Rumble illustrated perfectly. I watched the 2003 Rumble yesterday morning and the talent divide between 2003 and 2012 is in-fucking-credible. That's completely WWE's fault, though. They haven't corrected the fact that they've failed to make new stars, and the Rumble last night illustrated that they still don't care. Regardless of what happened, the real story to take from last night is about Miz, Rhodes, and Ziggler. These guys lasted, by far, the longest in the Rumble and had great showings. Rhodes and Ziggler, in particular, are guys that should be seriously moved up the ladder, which last night helped. Then the Big Show showed up and cleared all three of them from the ring in about 10 seconds. Why? Who does this help? What does it accomplish? They ruined upwards of 50 minutes of work by those three guys to give Big Show the SAME fuckING PUSH HE GETS EVERY YEAR AT THE RUMBLE? That's really the only part of the show that made me angry. I like Show... he's been on an upswing recently, but his time is winding down. Why, if you were so gung-ho about having that Rumble ending, couldn't the final five guys be Jericho, Ziggler, Rhodes, Miz, and Sheamus? Orton spent so little time in the match that he was utterly pointless, so give the spotlight to those guys. Instead of ten minutes of Jericho/Sheamus, go with ten minutes of those five guys... the crowd would assume that Jericho is going to win, but have each guy keep fighting back. You get 4 guys over instead of one. Sheamus winning aside, I defy anyone to tell me that they think that was not only the correct 'final four', but that it was also booked correctly even with those four.

Jericho. Even now, he's on Twitter telling people to 'stop whining'. You know what? 24 hours ago, I would've given him the benefit of the doubt. Now? It's over. I give up. Cryptic videos, cryptic sentences, over-the-top antics... with no pay-off. I get that this isn't over yet, but they severly injured it last night. Why? Jericho comes back as some ridiculous character, tells us he's going to do, I don't know, something at the Rumble and... and... well, shit, he pretty much just acted like Chris Jericho. I can't help but look at the past few weeks and wonder why they didn't just hold his return until the Rumble and book it the exact same way. There was nothing new. Nothing interesting. It was like two years didn't even happen and he was a normal Rumble entrant. I just... I dont get it. The problem with that is that I don't think there *was* anything to 'get'.

Maybe that's the troll, though... his big idea for a return was nothing more than "A jacket... wait for it... with LIGHTS!".

The final thought is... look, people roundly seem to talk about this being a boring, undercard Rumble. I didn't hate it as much as others, but my question to pose is... what did you want to happen? Seriously sit down and think about this. There were no big returns ready to go yet, with people like Mysterio, Del Rio, Sin Cara, and Christian still apparently too injured for an appearance. How many surprise entrants are there that would be worthwhile? Legends wise, many are dead, have shown up already, or wouldn't be worth debuting at the Rumble. I mean, sure, I'd have loved to see Goldberg show up, but there's no point in paying him to come in and not at least book one program for him. WWE got into the habit of doing surprises and nostalgia grabs at the Rumble because there was such a plethora of people to bring in, plus they had the main event talent to make using a slot on someone irrelevant not seem like a big deal. Weirdly, the Rumble is the one place where WWE managed to take a story to its logical conclusion, and it was based on the announcers. We all knew Michael Cole was coming, but that didn't make me enjoy it any less. It made sense, you knew it was coming. Then, to top that off, they gave us Kharma to wash the Cole stink off. It was a silly little moment, but it worked. The same with Santino, Foley, and Rodriguez. The little comedy bits worked for me. Still, getting back to the point at hand... I'm curious, can anyone come up with a list of 3 surprise (returns, nostalgia, etc) entrants that would've been better than what we got, would have been realistic, and would've made sense storyline-wise (i.e., yeah, Taker could have come back, but they wouldn't have him lose the Rumble, so that's out)?

... hey, so, I've typed way too much here. I suppose I'll be nice and save my 'where do we go from here?' thoughts for later. :lol:

Oooh. Friend of mine just suggested that Jericho should have eliminated himself last night.

Not as a 'shoot' or to spite Sheamus, but it would at least be consistent with his 'mysterious' persona these days.

But still, Monday AM and it all just boils down to...fucking Sheamus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back