The Calling Wii Reprint $34.99

Almost every store around me shows in stock as well. May have to check this out. I've actually never heard of it but it looks interesting. Thanks OP

That game is worth less than $15 with the reprint. It was rare and cost that much for a reason. No one should buy this piece of shit until GS lowers it by at least half. I don't care about b2g1 or any coupon stacks.

GS needs to stop this shit.

A reprint?

Do people actually think lamestop has secret facilities they have managed to hide from the public and keep top secret just so they can occasionally reprint obscure older titles with a semi moderate interest from a niche group of gamers on a system that is dead as disco so they can make a tiny bit of profit?

I mean if they were actually going to the trouble of reprinting something it wouldnt be some random game not many want or even know about, not to mention one that can be found online for the same price or slightly less on ebay. They would do something bigger that would actually bring them a profit. But then again, thats what conspiracy theorists do. They find something insignificant and then make wild accusations about it while every one else shakes their head and sighs.

Show me proof where lamestop themselves put out an official statement saying they reprint games.

Not much of a deal either considering you have been able to find it at this price on the used market for a while now on ebay and amazon. Hell its less on amazon as of right now.

A reprint?

Do people actually think lamestop has secret facilities they have managed to hide from the public and keep top secret just so they can occasionally reprint obscure older titles with a semi moderate interest from a niche group of gamers on a system that is dead as disco so they can make a tiny bit of profit?

I mean if they were actually going to the trouble of reprinting something it wouldnt be some random game not many want or even know about, not to mention one that can be found online for the same price or slightly less on ebay. They would do something bigger that would actually bring them a profit. But then again, thats what conspiracy theorists do. They find something insignificant and then make wild accusations about it while every one else shakes their head and sighs.

Show me proof where lamestop themselves put out an official statement saying they reprint games.

Not much of a deal either considering you have been able to find it at this price on the used market for a while now on ebay and amazon. Hell its less on amazon as of right now.
It is a FACT that they have re-printed many games for the Wii. They have come out and blatantly said it too. Their employees dont hide it either when you talk to them about it.

Just to name a few of their Wii reprints over the last 2 years

- Xenoblade Chonricles

- Metroid Prime Trilogy

- Madden 13 (you laugh but before reprint it was $70+)

- One Piece Unlimited Adventure

- Dokapon Kingdom (disc only reprint)

Fatal Frame 1,2,3 for PS2 were also some of the first reprints I can remember them doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a good game
I actually loved this game. Great first person J-horror game with a solid story. Similar to the Ju-on game, but it gets a lot of things right that Ju-on got wrong.

YMMV, though. It's one of those games that sort of got trashed in reviews but developed a fan base and has 4.5/5 stars on amazon. Basically, some people love it and consider it a Wii horror classic while others hate it.

It is a FACT that they have re-printed many games for the Wii. They have come out and blatantly said it too. Their employees dont hide it either when you talk to them about it.

- Xenoblade Chonricles

- Metroid Prime Trilogy

Fatal Frame 1,2,3 for PS2 were also some of the first reprints I can remember them doing.
He asked for someone to provide proof that Gamestop reprints games. You failed miserably at doing that :wall:

Also when did One Piece UA get a reprint?

I mentioned the One Piece reprint in another Wii thread months ago. There went from no stores within 100 miles of me having any to every store within 100 miles getting one copy. As someone who has 800+ Wii games and goes to 20+ Gamestops every time there is a B2G1 I can verify that Gamestop is most definitely getting reprinted games. 

And now the same thing has happened with Calling. Every store received 1 copy. 

- Xenoblade Chonricles

- Metroid Prime Trilogy

I think Game Quest Direct reprinted Fatal Frame. They have sold games in bulk to Game Stop though.

A reprint?

Nothing worse than an uninformed rant

For those interested, Fire Emblem also received a reprint months ago. I've been watching the Wii games and found Calling was reprinted months ago, though Gamestop just recently started stocking it. New copies of Calling went from $100+ with only 1-2 copies on eBay to ~$40 with some sellers having more than 10 available. There was a similar occurrence with Fire Emblem where copies were going for $120+ and suddenly there were tons of copies available for $70-$80 on Amazon and eBay. For Fire Emblem the reprints are easy to spot with a different ESRB logo, Nintendo Logo, and on the back the copyright info shows 2014 along with the original 2007. 

Maybe with Nintendo making Wii games available on the eShop we will see an end to these being reprinted and being sold for over MSRP (in the case of a lot of the reprints anyway). That said, games like Ju On, Arc Rise Fantasia, etc.. likely won't see an eShop release so the possibility of those getting reprints are still somewhat likely.

GameStop probably converted new to used on these recently because every store within 10 miles of me has a copy or two.

Does anyone have any visual proof that this is a reprint?

GameStop probably converted new to used on these recently because every store within 10 miles of me has a copy or two.

I have the original from several years ago, so if anyone wants to snap a photo of the back case of the version that's showing up now, I could compare and throw up a photo of my case if I spot any differences.

That wouldn't explain why new copies have suddenly starting flooding eBay and Amazon. Once selling for 100+ I find it hard to believe that these sellers suddenly found all this hidden stock and decided to sell it at 75% off what the title was going for prior to this supposed amazing find.

Gamestop  has been doing this for years. When I worked there I remember several games getting reprints and GS opening them and selling them as used (new copies were cheaper than the used ones). I had seen Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy titles for the PSX, Rez, Guitaroo Man, several SMT PS2 games, and others. They would come in a regular shipment and be listed as used games, but it was obvious they were not actually used and reprints due to the sheen and mint condition they always came in. It's a shitty tactic by GS because they could have sold these games for what the new retail prices were which was still usually about $20 and gamers could rejoice and enjoy these games for an obtainable price. Instead they would rather rake you over the coals and charge you the more expensive used price. 

Instead they would rather rake you over the coals and charge you the more expensive used price.
Well they could just lower the used price seeing as how that would make sense and they make up the prices anyways. I almost hope physical media gaming goes away just so GameStop will

Lmao I just got one online during the b2g1 free.

You can thank me for showing GameStop interest in the game so you guys can get one. You're welcome.

Also what is and how do you know its a reprint?

Remember when people on here used to argue about the Xenoblade reprint and some members were convinced that people just started trading in copies of the game at every Gamestop out of nowhere?

Well they could just lower the used price seeing as how that would make sense and they make up the prices anyways. I almost hope physical media gaming goes away just so GameStop will

Lmao I just got one online during the b2g1 free.

You can thank me for showing GameStop interest in the game so you guys can get one. You're welcome.

Also what is and how do you know its a reprint?
By looking at it you can't really tell the packaging is also reprinted so it's virtually the same thing. You know it's a reprint because it's new and the game hasn't be available for sometimes years in the case with some of the older titles I mentioned. They won't lower the game price, because despite the reprint it's still considered "rare" to Gamestop.

Will buy, it's an original game done by Hudson Soft.  Nuff said.  I like Bomberman but Hudson doesn't get enough props for the NON-Bomberman stuff they do.

A reprint?

Yes, Yes, we know...a reprint kicked your dog.

Want proof the games are reprinted? Off the top of my head: Dokapon Kingdom has different cover art and Fire Emblem has a 2014 copyright (Fire Emblem came out in 2007).

Does GameStop themselves reprint games? No. They just buy up stock from other people. It's well documented Game Quest Direct reprints games then sells them to GS.

The real question is, why doesn't GS reprint games? There's no way GQD has more working capital than GS. Seems like an easy way for GS to take advantage of collectors.

He asked for someone to provide proof that Gamestop reprints games. You failed miserably at doing that :wall:

Also when did One Piece UA get a reprint?
Heres the problem with both of you. The reprints are obvious whether you require some "proof" to satisfy your arguments. It happened. They initiate companies to reprint games. As someone said before, wasting time arguing semantics here. Move along...

Remember when people on here used to argue about the Xenoblade reprint and some members were convinced that people just started trading in copies of the game at every Gamestop out of nowhere?
Ya the obvious ones are ones that have slightly different covers. Madden 13 for Wii which was reprinted last year has a plain cover while the original had a holographic one. Metroid and Xenoblade are obvious because Gamestop calls them exclusives on their website (although the original run of Xenoblade might have been?). Metroid more so as it lacks the tin.

bread's done
Back