The Canadian Countdown to Brawl has begun

imcrazy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well I was suspicious at first but it seems Brawl really will be released on Sunday. Seems some stores have already received shipments of the game. So far in Winnipeg it appears that the Best Buy on Regent has it and it seems all the FS stores in Winnipeg have it as well (although I don't imagine they will have it on the shelves until Sunday, it's still nice to know they do in fact have it).

So the point of this topic, I figure it would be nice to have a topic where all things Brawl can go. Share your excitement for the game, your first joys playing it, and anything else. Also, and most importantly, I want this to be a place where people can come to see which stores have stock across Canada once the inevitable shortage begins (for those who decided not to pre-order).

So without further adu... LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!

It's HERE!!!!

[quote name='DoctorWho']So are there only certain Shoppers locations that carry games? I had no idea they carried them at all.[/quote]

Shoppers at Windermere/Bloor carries games, but I'm not sure if they have Smash. Yonge/Bloor location carries a few of the popular Wii titles. It's sort of hit, or miss if your location carries games.

[quote name='EvilMario']Shoppers at Windermere/Bloor carries games, but I'm not sure if they have Smash. Yonge/Bloor location carries a few of the popular Wii titles. It's sort of hit, or miss if your location carries games.[/QUOTE]

Tried them, The Source next door and two other Shoppers in my area with no luck.

I guess I'll just have to do the Wal-Mart thing.

Ahhh I was at the Dundurn BBV the other day and didn't even look for brawl.

Currently FS's site says it is in stock in the 2 hamilton locations so does that mean they are on the shelf?

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Ahhh I was at the Dundurn BBV the other day and didn't even look for brawl.

Currently FS's site says it is in stock in the 2 hamilton locations so does that mean they are on the shelf?[/quote]
Sorry for the random post - just browsing the forums and saw your name -.-
[It Sucks :D]

[quote name='KoA']Sorry for the random post - just browsing the forums and saw your name -.-
[It Sucks :D][/quote]

Thought I should just mention that zeitgeist was a word long before it was the title of a ridiculous "documentary."

Shit i probably should of posted this earlier but if someone is near Younge and Bloor,
theres a game store called Gamestation, if you go in and say your name is Michael you can get a copyy of smash today.

Address: 730 Yonge Street, Toronto
Phone: (416) 925-4951

Thats the phone number and address so you can check when they close.

Wal-Mart opens at 7:00am so I think I'm going to hit them up. People will be less inclined to get up that early and travel in this weather for the game... I hope. :lol:

I don't know why I'm so hyped for this game... I've never played a SSB game... ever.

[quote name='afterburn999']Looks like Ebgames is opening at 9 am for everyone who has preorders[/quote]

What province? In some provinces (like Manitoba) stores cannot be open before 12 pm on a Sunday.

Does anybody know if the 24 hour Walmarts will have copies at midnight? I called today and the guy working had no idea...so that wasn't much help. Does anyone know if they should have copies at midnight?

[quote name='imcrazy']What province? In some provinces (like Manitoba) stores cannot be open before 12 pm on a Sunday.[/quote]

sorry should of been more specific, its for ontario.

[quote name='craig64']Does anybody know if the 24 hour Walmarts will have copies at midnight? I called today and the guy working had no idea...so that wasn't much help. Does anyone know if they should have copies at midnight?[/quote]

Even thou its 24 hours they wont be letting them go until morning. But thats for the one 24 hour one i know of in toronto.

[quote name='craig64']Does anybody know if the 24 hour Walmarts will have copies at midnight? I called today and the guy working had no idea...so that wasn't much help. Does anyone know if they should have copies at midnight?[/quote]

It may vary from store to store, but my assumption would be that they would have them ready around that time (especially if some people start showing up and asking for them). It meets all the requirements for the street date, and the store is already open at that time anyway, so why not?

[quote name='imcrazy']What province? In some provinces (like Manitoba) stores cannot be open before 12 pm on a Sunday.[/quote]

Yea, the one nearest my house (which is the location I pre-ordered) told me today they're opening at 11 a.m. tomorrow morning.

My Wal-Mart will be having it at midnight. They accidentally sold some so i went to get in on it but by then they wised up and told people they would be selling at 12.

YES! I have mine! Muahaha played it a bit alreay and it KICKS ASS! Although you need to unlock Snake... which is a bummer. :(

(My name is not based off the documentary, although I have been told I should see it)

I might swing by Walmart today and grab it. I'm hesitant because this game lost it's first day sale-ishness when I spoiled it for myself...

Man, this blows. Everyone else is playing it, while I'm getting the DRE. Now I have to figure out how to clean it myself, as I don't have a warranty.

[quote name='Firestorm']I just got a call from EB Games. I am pre-order #2 out of 145 at Pacific Centre. They are opening at 11 AM on Sunday. It's first come first serve for who gets it FIRST though so I'll get there an hour early =/

I'm curious as to who pre-ordered BEFORE me. I mean... March 8th, 2007. I thought I was the first![/QUOTE]

I think I found the person who pre-ordered it before you Firestorm :D

ft080309.gif

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I think I found the person who pre-ordered it before you Firestorm :D

URL]
[/quote]

:lol:

I've been humming the menu music all day.

Just brought it home, checking out cag while I eat before I play. Got it at Wal-Mart but no gamecube controllers :(. Luckily I picked up the last 2 wavebirds EB had in January.

I did my preorder on March 23, 2007 for 3 games: Halo on XBox, Ratchet DDL for PS2 and 24 the Game for PS2... I hope they were able to sell them !!!

People that preordered from EBGAmes: did they give you 10$ back because the price changed from 59,99$ to 49,99$?

I got back the $10 from the pre-order and plan on using it for Mario Kart.

One of my sons got Chicken Pox Thursday so this has been a God send to keep him busy from the discomfort. I haven't had a chance to play except the one Classic mission but am looking forward to emissary and for my sons to unlock all the characters for me. Snake, Snake, Snaaaaaake.

[quote name='Jest']Just brought it home, checking out cag while I eat before I play. Got it at Wal-Mart but no gamecube controllers :(. Luckily I picked up the last 2 wavebirds EB had in January.[/QUOTE]

My Wal-Mart had Wavebirds stocked just for this game. I was there at 7am to pick up my copy. Two other people showed... :D

[quote name='Firestorm']AHHHHHH SOOO GOOOD.
I'm 30% through SSE now. Gonna eat lunch.[/quote]

Fourty something percent for me since my mate and I can't stop playing co-op (it's more of a pain in the ass than it should be), even though we have more important things to do. :D

[quote name='lisdoncca']
People that preordered from EBGAmes: did they give you 10$ back because the price changed from 59,99$ to 49,99$?[/quote]
I got 20 bucks back funny enough. It's because I traded 3 games for a MGS4 preorder and the cashier at the time was nice enough to change it for me not too long ago. :D

Oh, and the Zellers on Lansdowne had a large stock of wired controllers for 25 bucks. I already got enough for myself, but for anyone else who wants em.

Just completed a whole day of brawl with friends. Man this game is so much fun. Turns out I have a new favourite character, Ike.

Hope to see some of you online in the future (which I might add runs quite smoothly).

just spent 8 hours brawling, love it :)
i found ike to be much too slow for my liking AND ganon was nerfed so bad
on the flip side, lucas and pit are my new top 2 :)

[quote name='magiic']I think I might go give this a rental today.[/quote]

why dont you go buy it from a store and return ur dell copy to that store when it arrives?

Beat SSE (with Metaknight as the last character) and got everyone but Jiggly, Wolf and Toon Link. The last character was so tacked on at the end. :p

Been playing with Pit (like everyone else) and Metaknight. They can hit a lot but they have some pretty weak smashes unfortunately. Though old fav like Link and Marth starting to come back to me.

I ended up buying 2 copies yesterday, one for my friend. I went to his house to give him his copy and we played for about 4 hours, so much fun. :D When I got home I barely touched my own copy though, but that's cool since I want to take my time enjoying it. Can't wait to finish classes today!

[quote name='poiuiu']Beat SSE (with Metaknight as the last character) and got everyone but Jiggly, Wolf and Toon Link. The last character was so tacked on at the end. :p[/quote]

Oh hell no I'm going to kill you >=(

My mains (as I've decided since I played the JP game) are Meta Knight and Toon Link.

My copy from Dell's days of gamer deals arrived today ($35). Pretty good turnaround, I think. Glad I got it for that price, because SSBM was never really my thing... still, I'll get some fun out of this.

[quote name='Firestorm']Oh hell no I'm going to kill you >=(
[/quote]

Oh come on! The group has arrived to face the ultimate evil of the game, then out of nowhere, he come zooming into the party like he's king of the Britains without even a simple event to lead him into the whole story thing.

If there was a scene just before his introduction where you see him running around, he sees a couple of giant black balls which lead to another dimension, he jumps in, beats off a bunch of his arch nemesis' cronies, then a boss THEN makes his extremely cool and then not-so-tacked on entrace, THEN it wouldn't be tacked on. :p Otherwise, he's so a last minute addition to SSE, but at least he's playable in SSE irregardless. :p

Though you use Metaknight as well, so all is forgiven. :)

[quote name='ikariwarriors']didn't care for the cheapness of the last boss. took me a half dozen tries![/quote]

Yeah, half his attacks are OHKO if you don't avoid @_@ I was playing through it on Hard.

Mine was attempted for delivery today from dell too. However tracking says Reciever Unavailable which is total BS as I have an SNR sticker

Urgh, i cant get into this game...
I played two subspace missions and went back to APOLLO JUSTICE.....mario kart is much more addicting.....I was playing with others too....

bread's done
Back