The Canadian Election Thread!

Jest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
LOL Just kidding. Well unless you guys want to talk about it.

Social experiment time.
To my American friends: Which party would you vote for based on the pictures of their respective leaders?

Party One
[img-l=34]2784[/img-l]

Party Two
[img-l=34]2783[/img-l]

Party Three
[img-l=34]2782[/img-l]

Well all three of those tiny green boxes look the same to me, so I can't decide.

(I dunno if it's just me, but the pictures aren't loading)

I would want whatever country is pro-american, and changes the hatred Canadians have towards Americans. Mccain and Obama are right.. we can't keep on borrowing money from China to buy oil from countries that hate us.

I have yet to hear anyone here say anything bad about America. Well, anything that wasn't related to George W Bush. And if you include him in the hating, then you probably have about 180 countries that fit the description.

[quote name='Zing']I have yet to hear anyone here say anything bad about America. Well, anything that wasn't related to George W Bush. And if you include him in the hating, then you probably have about 180 countries that fit the description.[/quote]

It was a roundabout joke. McCain espouses "Drill, Baby, Drill" because according to him we get most of our oil from countries that hate us. Using that logic, Canada must hate us since we import most of our oil from our neighbor to the north.

[quote name='depascal22']Pics still aren't working. I also like myke's idea. You can even jazz it up and call it America's Fedora.[/quote]
Or like the Simpsons call it America Jr.

If the US economy keeps tanking, maybe Alberta can buy your whole country and officially rename you "Canada's Underwear".

And of course, Florida will be renamed "Canada's Wang".

A bit more on-topic, I find it strange that our election is almost the complete inverse of the American election.

Whereas the American election features only two viable parties, ours features three with two additional parties that will be fairly well represented. At the same time, all the bloody parties are so centrist that there really isn't that much to choose from. While you have only two choices, at least those two choices hold some varied viewpoints on issues that you can use to make your voting decisions. Our political spectrum looks pretty much like this:

Left Right

The Green Party would be the furthest Left, followed by the New Democratic Party, with the Liberals and Conservatives both occupying the middle ground. As I am not a Quebecker, I have no idea where the Bloc stands on most issues.

One thing I do appreciate about our elections is how issue-focused our elections are -- a bare minimum of "lipstick on a pig" controversies. I just wish there was some genuine choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fanboy']If the US economy keeps tanking, maybe Alberta can buy your whole country and officially rename you "Canada's Underwear".

And of course, Florida will be renamed "Canada's Wang".[/QUOTE]

canada's gdp is just ahead of brazil, so im not too worried about canada, let alone alberta, buying us out. i do, however, fully support renaming florida to canada's wang

At least give us someone interesting to talk to, Canada. Harper is teh lame.

Yes, I realize ours blows goats too, but that's gonna change real soon.

I wanna move to Canada :(

I just love how they openly promote how gay friendly they are :lol: I was looking at Toronto & Montreal's websites and they are like "LOL

We know how to live.
I actually just went around handing out Conservative stuff (my brother made me).
Go Harper :)
I can't see the pictures either.

Im totally turning this into a Candian Q & A thread, :lol:

Before, I was reading shit and is this true? This is what it looked liked. You guys get a rebate if you keep your water levels ..low? ..The same for trash? :whistle2:s

Maybe that was just Toronto? I don't know.

I don't understand why WE can't learn from you guys. Everything is just.. so much easier as it seems. I know there's flaws and not EVERYTHING is great.. but still.

[quote name='lilboo']
I don't understand why WE can't learn from you guys. Everything is just.. so much easier as it seems. I know there's flaws and not EVERYTHING is great.. but still.[/quote]
Not sure about the rebates. But why learn from your own "hat"?:roll:
Your country is obviously MUCH MUCH MUCH better off.
Not a shot at you lilboo, to the other silly folk.
Our biggest flaw is that people in this Country ACTUALLY VOTE for people like Jack Layton.

I NEVER hear about shit going on in Canada.
What's wrong with it?? Besides that the people have funny accents ^_^

And, of course, flapping heads.

[quote name='lilboo']I NEVER hear about shit going on in Canada.

And, of course, flapping heads.[/quote]
Ontario (where I live) has 13% sales tax. Thats BAAAAAAAAAAD.
Besides high(ish) taxes (unless you don't live in Ontario), its pretty much a perfect country.

[quote name='lilboo']I NEVER hear about shit going on in Canada.

And, of course, flapping heads.[/quote]

Nothing happens because they all die young from their terrible universal health care. Those that don't die from diseases die from hate crimes and firearms.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']canada's gdp is just ahead of brazil, so im not too worried about canada, let alone alberta, buying us out. i do, however, fully support renaming florida to canada's wang[/QUOTE]

This brings up an interesting point. There are several corporations with higher GDP's than both Brazil or Candada. So maybe soon, a corporation can just outright buy Ameirca, and make it finally official.

[quote name='lilboo']

I don't understand why WE can't learn from you guys. Everything is just.. so much easier as it seems. I know there's flaws and not EVERYTHING is great.. but still.[/QUOTE]

First of all, Canada has a super small population. Which makes it very easy to make everything easy.

Second, I don't know how much time you've spent in Canada. I lived there for 3 months, and the majority of the time, the majority of the people are thrashed - and I haven't met too many intolerant drunks.

I remember a few years ago, it was huge news when the total death toll from gun related crimes was something like 13. 13 deaths caused an outcry and calls for massive gang & gun related regulations and laws.

I think my old home state in the US had something like 500 deaths from gun crimes that year.

And yes, Toronto is almost like it's own little country with different laws and such.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Our biggest flaw is that people in this Country ACTUALLY VOTE for people like Jack Layton.[/QUOTE]
Having met Jack Layton, I would vote for HIM in a short second. He's kind, sincere, intelligent and actually cares about his constituents issues. However, voting for the nutbag party he belongs to....:roll:

[quote name='lilboo']What's wrong with it?? Besides that the people have funny accents ^_^[/QUOTE]
Someone from South Jersey should NEVER lecture anyone about a funny accent. :lol:

The NDP swept my city. The voters are always right, even if I'm disappointed with their choice.

I guess it shows you can't win with an environmental platform.

Geeze, weren't you semi-supportive (in a "yeah, I realize that he's a fucking dork" kinda way) of him a while back?

Regardless, I miss Romanow. He'd get my vote, though I dunno how well he'd go over in his home province - he kinda killed the NDP in rural areas. I mean, he did what he absolutely had to do, but there's a fair amount of bitterness there.

I always support the leader, but he didn't get the job done and Liberals don't like to lose. We need to move on.

I'm inclined to support someone from somewhere other then Ontario or Quebec. Ralph Goodale, maybe?

No. He's a smart and strong guy, though. I'd consider him. If he doesn't run, Dominic LeBlanc is another smart and articulate guy.

bread's done
Back