The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EggViper']Rex, if that 5th slot is still open, I'll take it. Paypal verified.

Anyone interested in wipeout HD? The game releases on the 25th.[/quote]

I'm ALL in for Wipeout HD!

We should try to use existing groups as there's only a limit of 16 accounts allows per PS3. I'm totally down for Wipeout HD as well!

Here's my current want-list:

- echochrome
- bionic commando rearmed
- the last guy
- tekken 5: dark resurrection online
- wipeout HD

seems like we have a nice group starting for Wipeout HD
any i think we have some for bionic commando

anyone else for the others?

I'd also be down for Wipeout HD.

As Wilme said, we should probably go and organize it a bit better.

I'm going to update the current lists of the groups I made soon.

So far we have for wipeout HD (chronological order):

Wipeout Group 1:
1) Eggviper
2) Army214
3) thecurse9
4) AgtGibb
5) Firehawk12

Wipeout Group 2:
1) Rex
2) Jadomino
3) Chrisryans
4) Wilme
5) heimdal

Just want to fire off a big thanks to whom ever is going to be hosting and spear heading the game shares here. Really appreciate it.

[quote name='EggViper']So far we have for wipeout HD (chronological order):

1) Eggviper
2) Army214
3) Jadomino
4) Chrisryans
5) Wilme
6) Rex
7) AgtGibb
8) Firehawk12
9) [open]
10) [open]

So just need 2 more for that 2nd group.[/quote]

If we can get heimdal in this group, it would be best as we'd have a full (already existing) group of:

Me
Wilme
chrisryans
jadomino
heimdal

[quote name='Rex']If we can get heimdal in this group, it would be best as we'd have a full (already existing) group of:

Me
Wilme
chrisryans
jadomino
heimdal[/quote]

How about we make this our permanent group for each PSN release.

Almost all of us has been interested in most of the releases anyway.

Since we're only able to create 16 separate user accounts, we need to cut down on creating accounts.

What do you guys think?

I'm up for that! Makes things easier to organize. [quote name='heimdal']How about we make this our permanent group for each PSN release.

Almost all of us has been interested in most of the releases anyway.

Since we're only able to create 16 separate user accounts, we need to cut down on creating accounts.

What do you guys think?[/quote]

[quote name='Rex']If we can get heimdal in this group, it would be best as we'd have a full (already existing) group of:

Me
Wilme
chrisryans
jadomino
heimdal[/QUOTE]

Done, I edited the list to make two seperate groups.

Awesome.

So to Wilme, chrisryans, jadomino, and heimdal, we'll be using the Super Stardust HD Expansion account that I have now. You guys should be getting that information tonight if all goes as planned.

[quote name='Wilme']I'm up for that! Makes things easier to organize.[/quote]

sounds good to me!
just keep sending the info

I would defiantly be into joining a permanent group for this game share. I'm pretty much down for any game considering the size of the discount.

[quote name='firehawk12']Let me know if anyone's still interested in Siren/The Last Guy/etc.[/QUOTE]

I would be in for Siren & The Last Guy.

I guess we wouldn't technically need 5 people... it'd just be cheaper though. I think there was another group that did those games already, but if there's anyone else who wants those games...

Next week has 2 amazing releases.

I'd like to set up a group for people who want both Mega Man and Wipeout at the same time.

Making it a total of $33.9 / 5 = 6.8 dollars each? Please respond if interested.

Oh yes, I know we have a Wipeout gameshare going, but I wouldn't mind adding Mega Man to that too. Or perhaps do a separate one for Mega Man?

[quote name='firehawk12']Oh yes, I know we have a Wipeout gameshare going, but I wouldn't mind adding Mega Man to that too. Or perhaps do a separate one for Mega Man?[/QUOTE]

I would be down with adding Mega Man 9 to our current Wipeout Group.

First time I post in this thread and I'm also interested in Wipeout. Maybe MegaMan as well and other games too if another permanent group is created. The concept is great.

That's nice Chrisryans, AgtGibb, and Firehawk but I still need to find a group! OrageSick, if you want to join in just make sure you have paypal account.

Firehawk12, AgtGibb: Not really interested in MegaMan 9 but, for $2, it's not a big investment to avoid breaking the group! LOL! So I'm in!

Anyone in the group interested in Red Baron Arcade (if it really comes out next thursday) or even PixelJunk Eden?

[quote name='TheCurse9']Firehawk12, AgtGibb: Not really interested in MegaMan 9 but, for $2, it's not a big investment to avoid breaking the group! LOL! So I'm in!

Anyone in the group interested in Red Baron Arcade (if it really comes out next thursday) or even PixelJunk Eden?[/QUOTE]

I guess I wouldn't mind tacking on mega man 9 to the wipeout group. Just need Army214 to hop on, and we're set.

The total would be $2.31 each. It releases this thursday along with wipeout so, it works out pretty well.

Also when sending the payments, make sure to include your cag username/game in the paypal note. So far Agtgibb and army214 have sent their wipeout payments but it may get confusing in the future with different amounts coming in.

*****UPDATE*****

I made the group. If the four of you who are in my group want to PM me, I will respond with the details.

*****END UPDATE*****

To the group I am affiliated with :

Do you guys want me to make a private Google "Group" that we can post in rather than have it go all over the place in this forum? It might make for a less jumbled back and forth.

Let me know.

-Gibb.

[quote name='AgtGibb']
To the group I am affiliated with :

Do you guys want me to make a private Google "Group" that we can post in rather than have it go all over the place in this forum? It might make for a less jumbled back and forth.

Let me know.

-Gibb.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really familiar with google groups. It'd probably turn out to be one of those things I never check back on. But we could try.

[quote name='MatiasB']That's nice Chrisryans, AgtGibb, and Firehawk but I still need to find a group! OrageSick, if you want to join in just make sure you have paypal account.[/QUOTE]

I own a verified paypal account already. I'm interested in wipeout and other games if a group is created.

Also interested in burnout paradise!

Let me know what's up.

[quote name='jadomino']Burnout Paradise out this Thursday for $29.99!
Anyone in?[/quote]

I already own this on 360, but for $6 each in a group of 5, it's a pretty sweet deal. Are we sure that this game will work with gamesharing? I wonder if anyone else in our group would be interested.

Sorry, but already have the PS3 disc copy of Burnout Paradise.

It would be pretty redundant to have both, not to mention it's going to take a big bite out of my already almost full 60GB HD.

I already have the PS3 disc copy of Burnout Paradise as well. I only have the 40GB HD, so I upgraded to a 320GB HD last weekend. Works like a charm!

[quote name='MatiasB']Orage, I think we need to start a new group for us. Hopefully 3 more people can join in.[/QUOTE]

mmk. Well if anyone's interested.. I'd be up for a few games including Wipeout HD, Burnout, and others.

[quote name='OrageSick']mmk. Well if anyone's interested.. I'd be up for a few games including Wipeout HD, Burnout, and others.[/quote]

I'm up for both Wipeout HD and Burnout Paradise!
I figure for $6, it's worth on faster loading times and owning a backup in case my disc gets damaged/lost.

[quote name='jadomino']I'm up for both Wipeout HD and Burnout Paradise!
I figure for $6, it's worth on faster loading times and owning a backup in case my disc gets damaged/lost.[/quote]

Aren't you with our group for Wipeout and MM9 though?

Alright this group is coming along fine!
So if we recap we're already 4 (and we're all looking for burnout and Wipeout HD if I'm right, and we could make this group permanent for further games etc):

MatiasB
habsfan08
jadomino
OrageSick (myself).

We would need one more person and we'd have a full group that could be created here on CAG.

habsfan08, to answer your question, well first, nice game tonight (the habs) we owned those sabres. and secondly, yes, it would work with Paypal. Someone would create a group and buy the games the group wants on his account on PSN. Then, everyone would send him their shares using paypal and he'd send you his PSN account info. You download the game through the account and voilà, you get the game! (if I got it wrong someone please correct me, it's something along those lines though for sure).

Let's make this right and fast so we can get those games soon!

[quote name='chrisryans']Aren't you with our group for Wipeout and MM9 though?[/quote]

Oops, ya, don't worry, I didn't forget about you guys!
I'm still in for Wipeout HD with you guys, changed my mind about MM9.

[quote name='OrageSick']Alright this group is coming along fine!
So if we recap we're already 4 (and we're all looking for burnout and Wipeout HD if I'm right, and we could make this group permanent for further games etc):

MatiasB
habsfan08
jadomino
OrageSick (myself).

We would need one more person and we'd have a full group that could be created here on CAG.

habsfan08, to answer your question, well first, nice game tonight (the habs) we owned those sabres. and secondly, yes, it would work with Paypal. Someone would create a group and buy the games the group wants on his account on PSN. Then, everyone would send him their shares using paypal and he'd send you his PSN account info. You download the game through the account and voilà, you get the game! (if I got it wrong someone please correct me, it's something along those lines though for sure).

Let's make this right and fast so we can get those games soon![/quote]

UNfortunaterly, there was some confusion, and I've already commited to Wipeout HD in my original group. I am all in for Burnout Paradise still tho.

bread's done
Back