The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wilme']I'll be interested in this group. Thanks![/quote]

Well, it looks like we have 5 people for this group. I'll send everyone a pm.

[quote name='snuter']Well, it looks like we have 5 people for this group. I'll send everyone a pm.[/quote]

We need Ahoy, his PS3 is registered already!

[quote name='rko_kero']We need Ahoy, his PS3 is registered already![/quote]

Haha, no worries, it's being taken care of.

[quote name='Wilme']I'll be interested in this group. Thanks![/quote]

Well, it looks like Ahoy has joined the other group which I don't blame him cause it was already set up :)... SO, for anyone that that thought, "shucks, I missed out on getting involved in that awesome group because they already have 5 members and not 4 again", ;)I guess now is your chance to make up for it. With the addition of Wilme, we still need one more for our group. So far we have:
Snuter
Aawworld
habsfan08
Wilme
That last spot won't last for long... and an oportunity like this only comes arround 2-3 times per group making process :cool:

Hey I've never done any gamesharing on here, but I just got a code for Syphon Filter (downloadable) in my email. Wondering if I can trade someone it for Noby Noby Boy here? If not, can someone point me in the right direction where I could? Thanks!

[quote name='heimdal']^

I'll take the last spot!

Me! Me![/quote]

Wow, you're in! I was just kidding about the "it'll go fast - better act now!" but that took all of 5 minutes! Maybe I should forget about med school and get into used car sales... :whistle2:k

[quote name='RavenousBear']I am interested in a group that is looking to purchase content such as:

- Noby Noby Boy
- Flower
- Valkyria Chronicles DLC
- Wipeout HD[/quote]

I'd be interested in a group with Noby, Flower, and Wipeout...

edit: nevermind, got em from a friend

SO, I haven't really been following this new gameshare group concept, so my question is: what's going to happen to all the previous groups that were formed with the earlier gameshares? I am in several different ones.

[quote name='rko_kero']Rex, when do you want to get started?[/quote]

I don't think anyone should commit any money until we're sure we're getting something.

[quote name='jadomino']SO, I haven't really been following this new gameshare group concept, so my question is: what's going to happen to all the previous groups that were formed with the earlier gameshares? I am in several different ones.[/quote]

Those groups will still exist as I'm not sure that the new groups will agree to every request. The new formed groups are just being in place now since early on we all kind of scattered our groups. Hopefully down the line I will be still sharing games with you and the other guys.

It looks like they are dropping the price of Warhawk to $20 till March 11. The booster pack are also dropping to $5 each or $10 for all 3 packs. I know that the game is not shareable, but are the booster packs?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone was setting up a group for when the COD:WaW map pack comes out. I would like to be included in a group to pick up the new nazi zombies map!

Hi,

I'm interested in joining a group.

I'm looking to get the SF4 Costumes, Super Street Fighter 2, and Little big planet level packs mainly.

[quote name='forbiddenx']Anyone want to do a gameshare for Wipeout HD?[/quote]

Im in for wipeout hd.

Edit:whistle2: Anyone interested in the Killzone 2 LBP Pack?

I am looking for a group that is gonna go in on the Resistance 2 DLC that is supposed to come out this week. I have the funds in my paypal account, I dont even care if there is 5 people going in on it. I'd split the cost with 1 or 2 other people, so if anyone wants to negate some of the cost of the DLC send me a PM once you dl the map pack/skins and I will send payment as soon as i see that i have a new message.

Thanks

Hey guys. I am looking for all of the Resistance 2 DLC. I'm willing to paypal $6.20 USD to whoever sends me a PM first with their paypal email so I can send payment. I dont even care if its split between 5 people I will still send the full 6.20 no matter how many people are in the share. I really want this DLC!

Thanks CAGers

I am looking for a group that already have or planning on getting PAIN, Super Street Fighter 2.

I have Wheel of fortune, flower and Warhawk bonus packs to share

I am looking to start a long term Rock Band DLC group. If any one is interested post here or send me a PM.

I was thinking:
-$15 each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)
-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
-Each member gets $5 worth of veto votes each month in case there is some DLC that they want that everyone else doesn't really want. (Optional and open for discussion)
-Hopefully eventually get all Rock Band DLC
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

Any one interested?

Also, even though it is 2 months away, I am also looking to start a Rock Band PSP DLC sharing group to keep up with, what I assume will be weekly, DLC releases. Would any one be interested in that?

[quote name='saiftk']Is anyone interested in Wipeout HD? I know it's an older game but I heard it's good....[/quote]

Hey just to let you know if you register a Austrian PSN account(which any one can do) before April 18th, you can get Wipeout HD for Free. They will be sending out the codes late April/Early May i do believe.

[quote name='brewer']Hey just to let you know if you register a Austrian PSN account(which any one can do) before April 18th, you can get Wipeout HD for Free. They will be sending out the codes late April/Early May i do believe.[/quote]

Thanks. Will try that.

[quote name='brewer']I am looking to start a long term Rock Band DLC group. If any one is interested post here or send me a PM.
[/quote]

brewer, you are pm'ed.

So far we have 3 definates and one maby, so if any one is interested we are looking for 1 or 2 more people (depenind on the maby).

I am looking to start a long term Rock Band DLC group. If any one is interested post here or send me a PM.

I was thinking:
-$15 each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)
-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
-Each member gets $5 worth of veto votes each month in case there is some DLC that they want that everyone else doesn't really want. (Optional and open for discussion)
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

Any one interested?

I am very interested in doing a gameshare, I have

Burnout Paradise
Calling all cars
Street fighter (ps1)
Pain

Im looking for the following game preferable
or good offer.

Super street fighter 2 HD turbo remix

I am fully willing to provide proof of account and purchase and expect the same from anyone interested.

[quote name='Icelight']If anyone is looking to start up another permanent game sharing group let me know, I'd be interested in participating.[/quote]

I'm in

Hey we are still looking for one more person for the Long Term Rock Band DLC group. Check out the details below and if you are interested or have any questions just send me a PM.

The members as of now are:
-brewer (me)
-kissinger99
-awworld
-jamezuva

RB DLC Share details:

Hey just to let you guys know all slots for the Long term Rock Band DLC group have been filled.

RB DLC Share details:

Okay, that makes five. Unfortunately, it looks like I jumped the gun a bit, as only the demo is coming out Thursday, while the game could be weeks (months?) away. I guess I'll PM you four when it's actually released to see that you're all still interested?

bread's done
Back