The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Still have 3 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

Hey I have the following games to trade:

Bionic Commando Rearmed
Bejeweled 2
Super Puzzle Figther 2 Turbo HD
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
R-Types
R-Type Dimensions
1942 Joint Strike
GunStar Heroes
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Rampage World Tour
Bomberman Ultra
Burn Zombie Burn
Mega Man 9
Zuma
Wolf of the Battlefield: Mercenaries 3

I am looking for:

Metal Gear Solid PS1 Classic
Street Fighter 4 Full Costume Bundle

PM me, my PSN id is Saskwatch76. Please no scammers, just want an honest trade, thanks everybody, PM me here if interested.:lol:

Anyone for a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Fat Princess gameshare?

I can host a new one (or let me know if there's a slot in an existing group for either game).

I am still looking for anyone who is willing to begin a gameshare group for ANY of the following. No, you do not need to be interested in all the downloads (we only have to start a group for one or two) since this is just the list of songs I am looking to get eventually.

Crash Commando
Comet Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD + Expansions
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Burnout Addons
Ratchet & Clank Game

Final Fantasy 7

I can't justify full price for any of these games, but I'm looking to game share some if anyone wants to set one up with me. Super Stardust HD most people have, so if anyone wants the above games I will gladly buy one or two and trade it for Super Stardust HD + Expansions!

Pixel Junk Monsters + Encore ? - I may not want due to it coming to the PSP

I am also looking for a group to: Rock Band DLC Long-Term Gameshare Group
The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) CoreyVF
3)
4)
5)

How it will work:
-$10-$15 * each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)

* Price is negotiable.

-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
-We buy DLC based on majority vote from the group (IE: 3/5 votes to buy the DLC for a certain song ; please be open minded for genres)
-Hopefully eventually get all good/worthwhile Rock Band DLC
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

If anyone is interested with any of the games I want, and have ones I don't, I'd be glad to buy a couple and then share them with you for the ones you got.

Just PM me and we can work something out! I am looking for people who can actively respond to my PM's and not get a message once a week. Serious people only please.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Now that PSN Cards are available in Canada, how will this affect group gamesharing?[/QUOTE]
Probably not by very much. It will probably work exactly the same. Just for people who don't want to send money through paypal to essentially waste a couple quarters or are not trustworthy of putting CC info into accounts will deposit money via these cards into the PSN Wallet.

Anybody interested in gamesharing the below?

Bionic Commando Rearmed $9.99
Flower $9.99
Linger in Shadows $2.99
Noby Noby Boy $4.99
Rachet and Clank $14.99
FF7 $9.99
PixelJunk Monsters $9.99
PixelJunk Eden $9.99

I personally already have COD:WaW map packs 1 and 2 and all 3 Valkyria Chronicle DLC for trading/selling.

[quote name='lustyhitter']A warning:

All my big ticket games have been maxed out so I will not be accepting any more trades for the time being until I buy some new PSN games. Apparently, people took more than they said they would, which is no surprise I guess.[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you mean lustyhitter? It doesn't matter how many games a person downloads from your account, your account can only be activated on 5 ps3's. Therefore you can only share your account with a max of 4 people. Each individual game cant get maxed out, only your account can, and by the sounds of it that is probably what happened.

Hey Still have 2 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.

[quote name='brewer']What exactly do you mean lustyhitter? It doesn't matter how many games a person downloads from your account, your account can only be activated on 5 ps3's. Therefore you can only share your account with a max of 4 people. Each individual game cant get maxed out, only your account can, and by the sounds of it that is probably what happened.[/QUOTE]

I see. I guess I should have stopped at 4. My mistake, I'm very sorry. I should have read the FAQ more thoroughly.

Any new games I buy will be on a new account then, in case I want to do more gamesharing in the future.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I see. I guess I should have stopped at 4. My mistake, I'm very sorry. I should have read the FAQ more thoroughly.

Any new games I buy will be on a new account then, in case I want to do more gamesharing in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's exactly what happened. I recommend you to create an account for each game that you want to share. Much more flexible this way.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I see. I guess I should have stopped at 4. My mistake, I'm very sorry. I should have read the FAQ more thoroughly.

Any new games I buy will be on a new account then, in case I want to do more gamesharing in the future.[/QUOTE]

Hey no prob, no need to be sorry. Trust me it took a while for me to fully understand how gamesharing works. Just remember there is a max amount of accounts you can have too (I think it is 16, though not a 100% sure)

[quote name='brewer']Hey no prob, no need to be sorry. Trust me it took a while for me to fully understand how gamesharing works. Just remember there is a max amount of accounts you can have too (I think it is 16, though not a 100% sure)[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's 16 accounts... which is why groups only looking for 1 game can get tediously stupid.

Hi sorry I have a quick question. As far as I know In order to game share with other people you will need to login to their PSN account to download the game, which means you will need to create a new user on PS3 right?. However, once you have the game in your hard-drive, you will need to always login to a new user to play the game with their PSN account no?

Or does that only apply if the 2 PSN account is in different region?

Please enlighten me :D

Bionic Commando Rearmed $9.99
Linger in Shadows $2.99
Noby Noby Boy $4.99
Rachet and Clank $14.99
FF7 $9.99
PixelJunk Monsters $9.99
PixelJunk Eden $9.99
Siren $39.99

Anybody up for gamesharing the above list? We don't have to get all (but at least 3 or 4) so I don't waste a user space on my ps3. We can also add in other titles that you may like.

I'm also ONLY gamesharing COD:WaW map packs 1 and 2 for cash. This is not a full 5 person gameshare since I gave a couple to my friends. You will only need to pay a fifth of the price without the need of waiting for a full group. I can make the transaction as soon as the money comes in.

For my online feedback, you can go on redflagdeals.com and search up cookie15.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Hi sorry I have a quick question. As far as I know In order to game share with other people you will need to login to their PSN account to download the game, which means you will need to create a new user on PS3 right?. However, once you have the game in your hard-drive, you will need to always login to a new user to play the game with their PSN account no?

Or does that only apply if the 2 PSN account is in different region?

Please enlighten me :D[/QUOTE]

Yes you have to create a new user account and log in in to their PSN account to download the game, but after that you do not have to log in to that user account again. You just need to keep it on your PS3. You can play what ever games you have shared on your personal account without a hitch (unless its Warhawk or GT5P, they have a 24 hour lockout restriction between users for online gameplay).

And since I have already posted:

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:

Burnout Paradise Group: Game Plus DLC

The Burnout Paradise Group has been filled. Thanks!

hey inressed for

burnout paradise
go sport ski
high velocity bowling
pixel junk racers
wipeout hd
wolfenstein 3d
pixel unkmonster

i can sell you 1 share on my account for all 7 games thx

I am also looking for a group to: Long-Term PSN Game Group

I am still looking for a group that is interested in high-profile PSN Games (and expansions) associated with these games. Some examples would include:

Crash Commando
Comet Crash
Burn Zombie Burn
Super Stardust HD + Expansions
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Ratchet & Clank Game

Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Pixel Junk Monsters + Encore Expansion
Pixel Junk Elements

If there is also interest in the group, we can also get DLC for non-music related games people are interested in such as burnout packs like big surf island

The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) MSI Magus
3) sykopaf
4) Riccaboni
5) PJB16

I am also looking for a group to: Rock Band DLC Long-Term Gameshare Group
The Current Group:
1) RoganSarine
2) CoreyVF (?)
3)
4)
5)

How it will work:
-$10-$15 * each a month (either everyone log on and deposit money into the PS wallet or send me though paypal, though fees would have to be added)

* Price is negotiable -- The high price point is to catch up on any DLC members want from the backlog... otherwise, I expect it to be only $8 monthly for stuff within the last 6 months and recent releases -- See point (#)

-Concentrate mostly on new releases, and old releases that everyone in the group wants.
- (#) We buy DLC based on majority vote from the group (IE: 3/5 votes to buy the DLC for a certain song ; please be open minded for genres)
-Hopefully eventually get all good/worthwhile Rock Band DLC
-Can also do game shares of certain games if *all* members agree. Extra money would have to be deposited for game shares.

-The group CAN buy the Export Key if no one else has it.

Just PM me and we can work something out! I am looking for people who can actively respond to my PM's and not get a message once a week. Serious people only please.

* I am on vacation from June 29th to July 3rd and will be unable to respond. If your interested in the game share group- PM MSI magus

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:

Burnout Paradise Group: Game Plus DLC

The Burnout Paradise Group has been filled. Thanks!

Anyone else with a burnout paradise DLC gameshare?

Also looking to join a longterm gameshare group...

Long Term Game Group
Looking to start a long term, low cost PSN group to concentrate mostly on new releases on the PSN Store. Each member will deposit $5 each month, so approximately 2 games a month.

1. brewer
2. shadow_nine

Details:

• Every week that new games are released on the PSN store all members will cast their votes. At the end of the month the games with the most votes will be purchased.
  • Members can nominate one older game a month to be put up for voting. If the amount of votes is tied between a new game and an older one, the new game will be purchased first.
  • All PSN/PS3/PS1 games can be put up for voting. PSP games will only be considered if all members own a PSP. DLC will only be considered if we have purchased the game in the group or all members already own the game.
  • All purchases will be made on a Canadian PSN account, all prices on a Canadian PSN account are the same as on a US account with a 5% tax rate. If you live in the US your payment will be less then $5, since you can take advantage of the exchange rate.
  • Money must be deposited by a Canadian Credit card/PSN Card or by Paypal.

Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.
2 Slots remaining.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • All purchases will be made on a Canadian PSN account, all prices on a Canadian PSN account are the same as on a US account with a 13% tax rate. If you live in the US your payment will be less then $10, since you can take advantage of the exchange rate.

PM me if interested in either group or are looking for more details.

Hmm I'll test this out...

Anyone interested in starting or joining a Burnout Paradise Game and DLC group?

I am willing to start one. Not sure about costs yet. Just want to see if there is any interest first.

[quote name='brewer']Long Term Game Group
Looking to start a long term, low cost PSN group to concentrate mostly on new releases on the PSN Store. Each member will deposit $5 each month, so approximately 2 games a month.

1. brewer (CAG)
2. shadow_nine (CAG) aka anton204 (RFD)
3. Izzoshady (RFD)
4. blackric (CAG)
5. Ipsylon (RFD)

Details:

• Every week that new games are released on the PSN store all members will cast their votes. At the end of the month the games with the most votes will be purchased.
  • Members can nominate one older game a month to be put up for voting. If the amount of votes is tied between a new game and an older one, the new game will be purchased first.
  • All PSN/PS3/PS1 games can be put up for voting. PSP games will only be considered if all members own a PSP. DLC will only be considered if we have purchased the game in the group or all members already own the game.
  • All purchases will be made on a Canadian PSN account, all prices on a Canadian PSN account are the same as on a US account with a 5% tax rate. If you live in the US your payment will be less then $5, since you can take advantage of the exchange rate.
[/QUOTE]

Filled it with RFD members who are interested.

[quote name='shadow_nine']Filled it with RFD members who are interested.[/QUOTE]

Can I get a invite to the social group? Still have to determine where to organize the shares.

anyone interested in fat princess gameshare? it comes out this week (thurs)

for the longterm other games im interested in are marvel vs capcom and pixel junk shooter - would prefer people that *dont* want DLC for games but stand alone exclusive AAA games like I have listed. we could take votes or whatever to decide

[quote name='markj']anyone interested in fat princess gameshare? it comes out this week (thurs)

for the longterm other games im interested in are marvel vs capcom and pixel junk shooter - would prefer people that *dont* want DLC for games but stand alone exclusive AAA games like I have listen. we could take votes or whatever to decide[/QUOTE]

I would be interested in this group. Would you be up for expansions for these games as well?

I'll make an offer to anybody here.

I'll buy Fat Princess Thursday for 3 other people to share if you have any of the following games in a gameshare trade.

Shatter
Wheel Of Fortune
Namco Museum Essentials
Heavy Weapon: Atomic Tank
Zuma
GTI Club +
Magic Ball
Cuboid
Any Wipeout HD DLC

Also, the three who will trade with me will also have the rights to Trine as I'm buying that, too.

The 3 slots also will net you Zen Pinball and Brain Challenge, Rag Doll Kung Fu and the Hong Kong version of Mega Man 9 if you accept a gameshare trade.

PM me if interested.

I have RB ACDC and Track Pack Volume 2 DLC codes to trade for a 1 slot to Marvel vs Capcom 2 gameshare group. PM if interested.

[quote name='markj']anyone interested in fat princess gameshare? it comes out this week (thurs)

for the longterm other games im interested in are marvel vs capcom and pixel junk shooter - would prefer people that *dont* want DLC for games but stand alone exclusive AAA games like I have listed. we could take votes or whatever to decide[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this, PJS + FP + MVC2.

Can we add BF1943?

[quote name='EggViper']I'm interested in this, PJS + FP + MVC2.

Can we add BF1943?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in this too. Sounds great. You guys want to add Shatter too?

[quote name='saiftk']I'm interested in this too. Sounds great. You guys want to add Shatter too?[/QUOTE]

Here are some other suggestions:
Bomberman Ultra
Flower
Wipeout HD Fury expansion

since these games come out tomorrow im currently in another group (for marvel, 1943 and fat princess) but if that falls through ill come back here since there seems to be more interest now...

[quote name='saiftk']I'm interested in this too. Sounds great. You guys want to add Shatter too?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm totally in for shatter!

However I already picked up bomberman (for 360) and Wipeout expansion :(.

Let's start a group for:

Fat Princess
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Shatter
Battlefield: 1943
Pixel Junk: Shooter (I think its called?)

So far looks like:
1) Eggviper
2) SaifK
3) Jaidomino
4)
5)

Anyone else?

Hey Guys,
I've currently got a long term gameshare group with a bunch of CAGs and we need one new member. (1 of the members hasn't been responding for the past 1 month.) We focus on only newish games (Past few weeks and newer). To give you an idea, we've bought in the past:

Flower, Noby noby boy, Pixel junk eden, crash commandos, all Valkyria Chronicles DLC, etc. to give you an idea to the games that we buy.

We've all put $20 into the PSN and need 1 more person. So far it looks like we will be interested in: Shatter, Marvel vs Capcom2, Battlefield 1943, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Shooter, Castle Crashers, etc.

This gameshare group would be a great way to get alot of good PSN games at 1/5 of their price. (So even if the gorup buys the occaisional game that doesn't really interest you, it will only cost you a buck or two.) We vote on the games that we want before hand (with 4/5 group members needed to purchase) and have a forum already set up to discuss our choices and you can take a look:
http://caggamesharing.aforumfree.com/group-9-f9

Also, since the group is registered as Alberta, we only pay 5% GST.

[quote name='snuter']Hey Guys,
I've currently got a long term gameshare group with a bunch of CAGs and we need one new member. (1 of the members hasn't been responding for the past 1 month.) We focus on only newish games (Past few weeks and newer). To give you an idea, we've bought in the past:

Flower, Noby noby boy, Pixel junk eden, crash commandos, all Valkyria Chronicles DLC, etc. to give you an idea to the games that we buy.

We've all put $20 into the PSN and need 1 more person. So far it looks like we will be interested in: Shatter, Marvel vs Capcom2, Battlefield 1943, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Shooter, Castle Crashers, etc.

This gameshare group would be a great way to get alot of good PSN games at 1/5 of their price. (So even if the gorup buys the occaisional game that doesn't really interest you, it will only cost you a buck or two.) We vote on the games that we want before hand (with 4/5 group members needed to purchase) and have a forum already set up to discuss our choices and you can take a look:
http://caggamesharing.aforumfree.com/group-9-f9

Also, since the group is registered as Alberta, we only pay 5% GST.[/QUOTE]

snuter, I'd be willing to join that group, I could deposit $20 into the wallet tonight.

[quote name='EggViper']Yes, I'm totally in for shatter!

Let's start a group for:

Fat Princess
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Shatter

So far looks like:
1)Eggviper
2) SaifK
3) jadomino
4)
5)

Anyone else?[/QUOTE]
count me in!

Got a quick question about gamesharing. Is it strictly for games or can you share DLC packs as well. I'm kinda looking into the Fallout 3 DLC and whether it would be better to buy Fallout 3 cheap then share DLC, or just buy the GOTY edition when it comes out.

[quote name='EggViper']Yes, I'm totally in for shatter!

Let's start a group for:

Fat Princess
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Shatter

So far looks like:
1)Eggviper
2) SaifK
3)
4)
5)

Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely be interested in that one, hopefully snuter will get back to me to know if I'm in his or not.

[quote name='jadomino']count me in![/QUOTE]

I updated the original post. Two more slots for FP, MVC2, BF1943 and PJ:S Gameshare.

I'm interested in joining a group either that is new or already in progress, I'm someone who is very reliable. Send me a PM you anyone is interrested in starting a new group or want to add me to their current groups

bread's done
Back