The "Chou Soujuu Mecha MG needs its own thread" thread

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Somebody (oh - it was looploop and someone else I think) recommended this game during Play-Asia's Lucky Lunar Sale.

To you: hats off and thank you!

This is a great game. It hasn't left my DS since I put it in.

I was unsure about it, but the price and recommendations I saw here tipped me over the edge. I figured if I was contemplating DS MechWarrior for $16.96 at Circuit City, I could spend the few extra dollars for a mech game that had great word of mouth.

I can't say enough good things about this game. It's fun, it's well-balanced, and it's filled with lots of robots. Each of them has a different control scheme, and a different interface on the touch screen. That sounds like a disaster in the making, but it works really well.

And transformable robots too! I didn't know about them beforehand. The first time I transformed my dump truck into a robot and spun the robot arms to knock some rocks off a train track I almost jumped up.

The game is entirely in Japanese, but the missions are pretty easy to figure out. The story, which seems quite involved, is a loss since I don't understand it.

I'm about a quarter of the way through, loving every minute. I've wanted this game to have a thread of its own for days now.

It's still available at Play-Asia for $24.90 and more than totally worth it.

This deserves a response and bump!

I got it in the mail today, and while I'm still trying to figure out some of the nuances, I'm very, very impressed so far. It's easy to pick up, an absolute blast to play, and who the hell knew that the DS was capable of smooth 3D graphics like this?

I also have to thank the people here on CAG who recommended this game. It's what made me pull the trigger, and I'm sure glad I did.

We've had about three Chou Soujuu Mecha MG threads. Having played it extensively, it's just not a Jump Ultimate Stars or Ouendan or Band Brothers level game. Once you get past the neatness of the "realistic" mechs the game loses a ton of its appeal.

[quote name='furyk']We've had about three Chou Soujuu Mecha MG threads. Having played it extensively, it's just not a Jump Ultimate Stars or Ouendan or Band Brothers level game. Once you get past the neatness of the "realistic" mechs the game loses a ton of its appeal.[/quote]
To each their own of course. I quickly grew bored with JUS but played CSM to the very end. I'm glad I didn't steer you fine people wrong though. :)

bread's done
Back