The Christian Coalition Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it the title didn't change hands?

I actually made good on my threat of not watching ECW anymore. I watched Rescue Me instead.

[quote name='mykevermin']I hope they go this route. Turn Chavo into Owen Hart.

As long as they don't bring up a certain deceased relative of Chavo. But, of course, they will.[/quote]

I must disagree, I think Chavo should definitely bring up Eddie. He needs to call Rey out on the whole title reign being primarily because of Eddie's passing, and how Rey (storyline) took advantage of Eddie's death to bolster his popularity, how the fans still to this day chant Eddie's name and not Rey's. These are all important things, and would bring about closure on the whole Eddie/Rey business, as now it would be Chavo/Rey instead.

Shame they couldnt post the entire bust.

I wonder if Vince is gonna lay onto the Sandman for spilling beer on kids that looked like they werent even in their teens.

If it was Austin, it'd probably be okay though.

Well, Sandman hasn't gotten shit for it before, so I don't see that being the case now. Tonight's show had a couple of decent matches on it, which is more than I was expecting. Next week's show could be great, with both Angle and Punk on it. The RVD bust video is now on youtube as well. I also laughed at the See No Evil mention on the pre-match graphic.

I'm watching the Bash right now, and Finlay acting hip ruled the world. The tag title match did as well.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']"Can you explain to me why your car smells like dope?"

:rofl:

That and "I'm the champion" that's classic... RVD should've said "I'm the champion, ya, I'm kind of a big deal"[/quote]

"I don't quite know how to say this, but i'm kind of a big deal, people know me." :rofl:

Anyone notice that next week's ECW not only comes from the Hammerstein Ballroom (locale of the One Night Stand PPVs), but also features Kurt Angle's return AND CM Punk's debut?

Think of how that NY crowd will react to Kelly, Mike Knox, Test, or The Big Show. Awesome!

Shit, between that and XBL Street Fighter, it'll be like fucking christmas on August First.

Matt Hardy apparently has remnants of staph infection that put him out, so if you believe that, bring the number back down to three.

Apparently, Kidman worked a dark match under a mask last night. Interesting.

Woot, just got back from Toys R Us, i was really suprised at all the TNA stuff they had. They had the figures, ring, and even figures that came with masks (shark boy, sting, couple others i think).

I'm really happy cuz i snatched the last Raven figure. Now i have all of them cept the magnetic WCW one....

All the Smackdown ppl out, i wonder what kinda Kool Aid Teddy Long's been givin them :p.

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone notice that next week's ECW not only comes from the Hammerstein Ballroom (locale of the One Night Stand PPVs), but also features Kurt Angle's return AND CM Punk's debut?

Think of how that NY crowd will react to Kelly, Mike Knox, Test, or The Big Show. Awesome!

Shit, between that and XBL Street Fighter, it'll be like fucking christmas on August First.[/quote]

I can only imagine what that is going to be like. They are going to need a 5-minute delay if they air it live. :lol:

i wish i could attend the ny ecw show... even though its not a true ecw or ons show.. the crowd will probably tear apart the current roster

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone notice that next week's ECW not only comes from the Hammerstein Ballroom (locale of the One Night Stand PPVs), but also features Kurt Angle's return AND CM Punk's debut?

Shit, between that and XBL Street Fighter, it'll be like fucking christmas on August First.[/quote]

Don't forget the TRU green tag items should be dropping in price on August 1st too, plus I'm going to retire from my current job the Monday before, it really will be like Xmas.

The question is, will the Big Show defend his title and crush someone again, or will Kurt get to main event the show?

Sad thing is with Kurt back and all the health issues on SD, ECW now has a better roster.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Sad thing is with Kurt back and all the health issues on SD, ECW now has a better roster.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Guile had it right - the story of this Tuesday's show is gonna be the crowd. You're gonna be so proud of them come Tuesday around 11PM. I have a feeling they're gonna make the crowd that shit all over Lesnar/Goldberg look like a buncha marks.

Roster, schmoster. Have any major roster changes dramatically changed the shows? All the matches are the fucking same, anyway, whether it's Batista in there, or Ken Kennedy, or Haywood Jablomie. It seriously doesn't matter. We get 10-12 matches a week on WWE tv, and the only moment we get to see something other than the cardboard cutout WWE match is when RVD works, or when they let Kurt Angle do his mat stuff.

WWE actually has impressed me somewhat by giving Booker T his long deserved title reign finally, although it comes at a time when the roster is heavily depleted, and of course he is King Transition champion here between Rey and Batista.

I'm also a fan of the Little Bastard gimmick, not since Dink the Clown has a midget been used effectively for this length of time.

Alas the truth of the product as a whole is the mindless repetition that at some point is going to even drive away the most "hardcore" of wrestling fans.

I'm just praying Vince wakes up and realizes that fans really don't want to see him in the Raw main event every week.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Tatanka has now been pulled off the road... although its not reported as to why.[/QUOTE]

They found a high amount of "cheeseburger enzymes" in his bloodstream.

[quote name='mykevermin']They found a high amount of "cheeseburger enzymes" in his bloodstream.[/quote]

Native american Indians do not eat cheeseburgers

Just got back in town.. it wasn't a cheap trip by any means, and I didn't score any games whatsoever, but I did make two decent DVD scores.. ECW: The Best of Cactus Jack used for $5.99, which I promptly grabbed.. I'm a sucker for the Pioneer ECW DVD titles. My second score was actually at, believe it or not, a Gamestop, where I found nWo: Back in Black for $9.99. Not bad, eh?

Great buy on the Foley DVD - that's got the best coverage of his ECW run. Adam, the brand split isn't over, and I'm glad it isn't, because if it was, SD would just be Raw on Friday nights, and that isn't what I want to see.

As far as suspensions go, it was stated in the newest Torch that EVERYONE was tested, which means that would see some Raw and ECW suspensions soon.

[quote name='Genocidal']Unless it was indeed Hepatitis C, in which case you're not likely to see too many Raw suspensions.[/quote]

That would be a real mess over on SD. Of course, we'd be likely to see some ECW suspensions too.

Wow, forget Lesnar doing a SSP, Nash can do an 1170 splash, thats real talent there! :p

And yea, people chanting "TNA" when they do something "extreme". Really gets old...

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Dammit I'm missing Impact for the second week in a row, fucking Comcast has yet to fix my cable... :censored:[/quote]

I missed it too... but then again I just really don't care much for TNA, the current ECW and SD. I only watch Raw because it's a 12 (I think 12 now) year habit of mine. It's like telling a crackhead to stop smoking crack, I know it's bad for me, I know it's lowering my IQ, yet I keep on watching.

Anyway, how big is this TNA ppv Bound For Glory? It's apparently happening in Plymouth, aka my hometown, so I'm considering going, yet the good seats are running over $100. They do come with an all-access fan festival pass thing, so that might make it worth it. Hard to say, I'll probably pay the $20 to at least get in the place for sure, Compuware arena isn't that big.

TNA BFG is their biggest show of the year. $100 sounds high since nothing is for sure yet. Odds are, Joe will win the title on that show. But $20 sounds like a fair price to see a good show.

For those who happen to be a member on a certain PWT site someone just put up a show from a local indy fed in my area named Midwest Pro Wrestling. Its a fairly decent fancam job - nothing spectacular but for the most part the show is pretty watchable outside of the first match which you can skip past. Anyways give this show a shot folks. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Midwest Pro Wrestling[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the promotion that Matt Young was alwas jibba-jabbering about?

I think there are plenty of people who regularly post here who belong to PWT, FWIW.

Possible ECW spoiler for Tuesday from wrestleview.com...

It was announced during the airing of WWE SmackDown! tonight in Canada that Batista will be challenging ECW World Champion The Big Show on Tuesday's ECW on Sci Fi show.

...wow.

With Tatanka added to the list, the Smackdown roster is effectively halved due to injuries and suspensions.

Ahh... yet another outsider vying for the top spot in ECW. Yes, this did happen occasionally in ECW, but it wasn't an every week occurance and a good deal of the time actually involved wrestlers from different promotions.

We get it. Big Show is unstoppable (except when he isn't) and Paul Heyman will do everything he can to keep Show the champion. So who's going to be the face authority figure that eventually steps in to counteract Heyman's reign after RVD comes back?

I could give a shit about Batista or TBS; I *do* look forward to the Hammerstein Ballroom response to them. They better work their *ASSES* off to get even a tepid response.

It would be really damn funny if they pretaped the show (which I think they will do, but not with enough time to edit it in this fashion), and "sweetened the crowd" by dampening the real crowd chants, adding in boos for bad guys and cheers for good guys, and, of course, a MAJOR pop for Batista. That would be damned funny.

Going to ROH tonight, and seeing my first no rope barbed wire match, as BJ Whitmer takes on CZW's Necro Butcher. I'm really hoping for Christian Cage to show up, as he's scheduled tomorrow night in Cleveland. However, since ROH isn't bringing some of the bigger names they typically have (Samoa Joe, AJ Styles), they'd be foolish not to promote having Cage on the card, or even in the building, at the show.

Here's the setup, with an amazing Cornette promo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT1ZA7zK6K0

00001.jpg.2.jpg

http://onnintendo.com/Index.aspx?page=1&post=93&year=2006&month=7

According to some wrestling news sites a bunch of WWE wrestlers have failed drug tests for steriods. They dont have any names yet but take that for what its worth.

What site? Are they implying that the "liver enzyme posse" are those guys, or is this a whole new batch of talent?

At any rate, it really is nice to see them taking this seriously - and RVD is back on tv (or he can be, since it'll have been over 30 days) on August 9, one week after this coming show. It hasn't been that bad of a wait, though the circumstances around it sure are.

[quote name='mykevermin']What site? Are they implying that the "liver enzyme posse" are those guys, or is this a whole new batch of talent?

At any rate, it really is nice to see them taking this seriously - and RVD is back on tv (or he can be, since it'll have been over 30 days) on August 9, one week after this coming show. It hasn't been that bad of a wait, though the circumstances around it sure are.[/QUOTE]

http://www.wrestleattitude.com/newsline/

Its a possibility but who knows if its even legit. I usually get most of my news from this site and they ahve always been reliable so im leaning towards it being true. If it is, it will be interesting to see who failed or not.

Ugh...

"The WWE Championship will be on the line when Cena and Edge meet at SummerSlam. However, this time if Cena wins, even by disqualification, he will win the championship as well. Will Cena finally be able to kill the Rated-R Superstar streak? "

What a stupid stipulation, theyre either going to have a straight match, or draw it out for a long time, then have lita interfere and cause the DQ. Even though if they want to end it by DQ they might as well have someone interfere and hit Cena at the very begining of the match...

[quote name='Bezerker']Ugh...

"The WWE Championship will be on the line when Cena and Edge meet at SummerSlam. However, this time if Cena wins, even by disqualification, he will win the championship as well. Will Cena finally be able to kill the Rated-R Superstar streak? "

What a stupid stipulation, theyre either going to have a straight match, or draw it out for a long time, then have lita interfere and cause the DQ. Even though if they want to end it by DQ they might as well have someone interfere and hit Cena at the very begining of the match...[/quote]

So Lita is just going to hit Edge with the belt again, I imagine.

[quote name='mykevermin']Isn't that the promotion that Matt Young was alwas jibba-jabbering about?[/QUOTE]

Actually I've mentioned MPW a few times myself - namely the one show I went to that I met AJ Styles at. :D

I doubt Matt Young has even heard of MPW since he's not from my area.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ugh...

What a stupid stipulation, theyre either going to have a straight match, or draw it out for a long time, then have lita interfere and cause the DQ. Even though if they want to end it by DQ they might as well have someone interfere and hit Cena at the very begining of the match...[/quote]

Could end up as a no dq match.

[quote name='2Fast']JBL's blatant disregard for political correctness makes the most pointless matches entertaining.[/quote]

Indeed!

Plus he is generally funny.

Cole: Guess what the Divas are doing tonight?
JBL: What?
Cole: Musical chairs!
JBL: Good Lord, next they'll have a spelling bee and they all be gone.

:lol:

I'm really surprised Booker T can keep a straight face through all of this.

On a semi-related note, they should have him say something like "Cannist thou unearth it?! SUCKA!!" before his music plays.

EDIT: I rofl'ed when he had that lady in the crowd kiss his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back