The Club - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Apossum']or RE4, with less awesome.

The game benefit a lot from a faster pace, more enemies that take less shots, more evasive moves, and...fuck, I'll just say it: mouse and keyboard. just forget I said that last part :lol:[/QUOTE]
not the speed that out trigger had, or that lock on system. I probably need to go play that out trigger demo again.

Not buying it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the demo. The "Get to the end of the level" event was okay, but I really like the "Run laps around the building" one better.

I didnt find it entertaining at all.
I guess ive been spolied by great games like COD4 and Bioshock, it just does
not see like a next-gen game.

The game sound like it has alot of replay value. I wish it had a cover system, other than that I like it and want to see more.

[quote name='MikeydCT']The game sound like it has alot of replay value. I wish it had a cover system, other than that I like it and want to see more.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. However, one can argue that a cover system would slow down the gameplay preventing you from racking up huge combos. Perfect $20 game.

I really enjoyed it. Great engine and a new, compelling game mechanic. The one caviet I have is the number of levels- eight. While there are different game genres that take place in different sections of the level, I'm afraid that there's not quite enough content in the game, graphically.

Did anyone notice how your character looked exactly like Ving Rhames?

The other characters sorta reminded me of other celebs/stereotypical movie characters too, guess thats part of the cheesy action appeal.

Awesome shooting. Intriguing mechanic without being TOO unreachable (Hi most checkpoint racers.). I'm definitely interested.

[quote name='InuFaye']Eh to much GUNIT for me.[/quote]

Honestly! who is this troll? anyway I like this game I've been playing the game and I think that it's a great idea that's been executed pretty well. I'm looking forward to getting it on launch.

i like this, but i think most will not, i think this will be hand shortly for a nice discount off release price. im waiting.

I had a lot more fun with the demo than I expected. The best part to me is the Dash feature. Watching the dudes run and chase each other makes me feel like I'm in a comedic law & order episode.. with rocket launchers.

I'm really looking forward to the full release this week, I've played the heck out of the demo the past few days!

must. beat. 4. million. score.

Highest I hit was around 3.4 million on the Lap mode, on insane. This game is great fun.

This thread (and x-play's 4/5 review) got me to try the demo, and I'm glad I did...I would've missed out on one of the most unique titles to come down the pipe in awhile, mixing two of my fave genres (shooting and "racing"). Definitely picking this up on day 1, and looking forward to comparing scores with folks on my FL.

Well after reading some reviews, and finding out that there will be 4 player splitscreen, Im def. going to buy this. The game looks fun and different from your typical shooter.

Picking mine up tomorrow. I spoke to a guy on my friends list who has it (released in EU last week) and he says its really fun. So hopefully people will play this more then they are in Turok.

I forced myself to play the demo [before deleting it for no reason] .

Boy am I glad I tried it , I really liked it .

It plays like a FPS version of Virtua Cop , but better .
I thought it would be a pain in the ass with having to do timed speed runs through the levels .
I played at my own pace and ended up doing pretty decent .

I'll definitely pick this up when it drops in price .

This game is brilliant...it's the 2nd best game that I own that nobody on my FL is playing (next to pgr4). Anyways, if anyone wants to add me to their FL to compare scores, feel free to send me an invite.

[quote name='toper']This game is brilliant...it's the 2nd best game that I own that nobody on my FL is playing (next to pgr4). Anyways, if anyone wants to add me to their FL to compare scores, feel free to send me an invite.[/QUOTE]

FR sent! Nobody on my FL is playing this either. SP is a lot of fun and addicting. Perfect game to pick up and play for 15 minutes when your gaming time is limited.

[quote name='deadite76']FR sent! Nobody on my FL is playing this either. SP is a lot of fun and addicting. Perfect game to pick up and play for 15 minutes when your gaming time is limited.[/QUOTE]

Added you...looking forward to comparing scores!

I agree, this is a great title for playing whether you have 15min or a couple of hours.

Just got done smashing almost all of the single player achievements, anyone out there wanna work together for some of the online achievements send me a FR.

still thinking about getting this.

it's either this, LOST (if it gets decent reviews) or Army of Two (again, review dependent).

i cant believe that no one on my friends list is playing this either.
yet, they all played shadowrun, which was a total piece of shit.

i'm having a blast with it.

i played the demo briefly, and i liked it. not sure i love it and i know im not grabbing it for $60
however a guy wants $40 for it cause he didnt like it. probably offer him $35.
whatta you guys think of it at that price?
keep in mind that i wont have time to play it for a while.
is there any co-op? ive heard theres a hand the controller back and forth type local multiplayer, which might be cool.

[quote name='Richlough']It plays like a FPS version of Virtua Cop , but better .[/quote]

..except it's not an FPS?

$35 is the perfect price for it.

I just traded a few games in to get this but they were out of stock at the local GS. I am waiting for them to get a new shipment hopefully sometime this week.

It's not too bad, I rented it yesterday and have been playing it all day to get some points for my 360 Voice Challenge. It is kind of fun, but I don't see too much replay value after a few times through. I have already beat it on "Casual" mode to get those points, and now I am going to try and get a few more achievements.

Anyone who has it having trouble getting the "Join the Club" achievement. I have done a single event with all of the 6 starting characters and can't get jack squat.

bread's done
Back